Jakara

Is KunLun Bogus?

Guest winpro07

Sorry cut-n-pasted the wrong ""

"we" means all that have responded to you this morning.

"Quote Buddy: "Make a chi ball between your palms and while you can feel the magnetic field ask yourself if you think the energy is a typical kind of magnetic energy."

Not my quote.

"Notice below you say 'Doubt" and not disbelieve. Without the direct challenge above, or your potential to understand we would say nothing."

We? Is this the Galactic We?

"All responses have been for the assertion of the existence of chi, or other energies. as regards your doubt."

Well, since it requires for our "nervous systems to be aligned", looks like I'm SOL, huh? So far it's been nothing but assertions and platitudes.

Sorry Buddy. I wanted to help. It seemed like you had an interest. I would not have jumped in unless it seemed possible.

The thread is NOT about the alleged existence of qi. You cannot prove the paradigm. But when you (or mantra) say this thing that cannot be proved is able to be felt over a limitless distance;and when this statement is challenged and a demonstration requested, you fall back on the same old dodge of "you can't get it" for, in this case, our nervous systems aren't aligned.

Jakara has already addressed the pseudo-scientific aspect of the conversation.

"Sorry Buddy. I wanted to help. It seemed like you had an interest. I would not have jumped in unless it seemed possible."

Please. Your passive/aggressive condescension is absurd. It's easy for you to presume to have some sort of skill hiding behind a screen name.

Edited by Buddy

Guest winpro07

Buddy: A "chi ball"? What is this, Dragonball Z? It's not magnetic energy, it's simply a reaction of your circulatory system by putting your attention there.

Then do away with TAO as well.

The thread is NOT about the alleged existence of qi. You cannot prove the paradigm. But when you (or mantra) say this thing that cannot be proved is able to be felt over a limitless distance;and when this statement is challenged and a demonstration requested, you fall back on the same old dodge of "you can't get it" for, in this case, our nervous systems aren't aligned.

Jakara has already addressed the pseudo-scientific aspect of the conversation.

There is only one thing in your way

Edited by winpro07

Are you reading from fortune cookies?

I actually did just laugh out loud and not just saying it to sound clever.

Guest winpro07

No, but thank you -Some General Tzao's Chicken sounds pretty scrumptious right now :)

Are you reading from fortune cookies?

:D I like Buddy!

I actually did just laugh out loud and not just saying it to sound clever.

Edited by winpro07

No, but thank you -Some General Tzao's Chicken sounds pretty scruptious right now :)

That does sound good. General Tsiao chicken for lunch!

Guest winpro07

Thankyou for the correct spelling Cam. I might have gotten the wrong stuff

That does sound good. General Tsiao chicken for lunch!

What are you getting Buddy? What do Chicken, and Chi have in common?

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

This is probably just one of those silly magnetic over a great distance mystical energy things, but of all the nay sayers so far Buddy has a real good vibe. I really would pay for your Seminar, but my trade is slow this time of year. Buddy if By the end of March you would like to attend a seminar I will pay.

Edited by winpro07

Thankyou for the correct spelling Cam. I might have gotten the wrong stuff

What are you getting Buddy? What do Chicken, and Chi have in common?

I went with sweet and sour pork from this place I havent been to before and it sucked!

The soup wasn't bad though.

What does food(or anything) have to do with qi? Isn't that sort of like asking what does your mind have to do with your life?

:lol:

This is probably just one of those silly magnetic over a great distance mystical energy things, but of all the nay sayers so far Buddy has a real good vibe. I really would pay for your Seminar, but my trade is slow this time of year. Buddy if By the end of March you would like to attend a seminar I will pay.

Wow. That is pretty generous Winpro.

How about Buddy come to Phoenix and Winpro reimburses you in a couple months?

Heck, why doesn't Starjumper come to and he can explain things to Chris in person rather than silly angry posts.

Just sayin' :lol:

Guest winpro07

I suppose that was my Q. The weight of mind on the subject of nutrition seems to twist body in an unhealthy way where as the Divine simply brings everything into balance... Thankyou

I went with sweet and sour pork from this place I havent been to before and it sucked!

What does food(or anything) have to do with qi? Isn't that sort of like asking what does your mind have to do with your life?

Guest winpro07

I recognise we are all strangers in here, but my offer is genuine -helped someone else last time, and would help any who can get this. Love, and the resulting constant state of unbearable bliss being a manifestation of the Divine (though not the Greater potential) will bring any Human Being to his knees atop the Highest mountain shouting for or all to hear...

Wow. That is pretty generous Winpro.

How about Buddy come to Phoenix and Winpro reimburses you in a couple months?

Heck, why doesn't Starjumper come to and he can explain things to Chris in person rather than silly angry posts.

Just sayin' :lol:

Guest winpro07

Yea i havent got good Chinese in years. The was this place here for 50 years that closed. Thier Tsiao's was Phenominal. I am always affraid to try anyone elses.

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Thankyou Buddy -just let me know. In March everything will be easy -for now i am as broke as a fortune cookie.....Funny video....Maybe everyone has seen the above?

If I can make it in March (the Museum I work at opens to the public then) I'd be happy to take you up on it. But I'll have some dim sum and sam see chow my foon.

Until then, here's something to tickle your funny bone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSeh3h12abo...?showtopic=2039

:lol: this thread is still going??

Note it doesnt say a thing about fields. You can surely suck all of the matter from a given area, however, you will never, ever be able to remove all fields from a given area. We're constantly immersed in them.

The logical point in question you're missing here is yin and yang. Two differing aspects of the same thing; the difference between the two is where the potential is created. For example, in the case of a black hole, an immense gravitational potential is created by the warping of spacetime around the black hole - the center of the hole itself is almost immaterial, save for the fact that is the anchor point for the potential to be created. (magnetism works as well for an example.)

The closest analogue for zero point energy would be the higgs field - and at its most stable state, it is nonzero...meaning you actually would have to put in a ton of (negative) energy in order to force the field to a zero state. Just because we dont have the modern technology to make any use of it doesnt mean the energy utilized by it would in any way be negligible. It serves as a good basis for yin & yang, imho.

We can endlessly debate stuff like this...but most often, masters of these subtle energies do not have the modern education to put in perfectly accurate terminology. I dont expect them to be able to.

Ok so we are now talking about cutting edge theoretical physics, im not a theoretical physicist but I have collegues who are that I may ask later. Its not my intention to go into huge details of theroretical physics, its outside of my expertise, but theres enough standard physics that has been contradicted.

I should correct or clarify myself here as I stated earlier that one cannot extract energy from a vacuum, and that is true in a classical sense, but that does not mean that the energy doesn't exist so to speak. It is theoretically predicted in quantum field theory. But this is not in the context of black holes as claimed, the term has been misused.

If we suck all the matter from an area we are technically sucking fields out too, we should remember here the wave particle duality of quantum physics. If there's a field then theres a messenger particle along with it.

The Higgs field and Higgs Boson are perhaps an exception, but they are still theoretical, and have not yet been confirmed. An analogy with Yin and Yang is in this case not appropriate in a physical sense. Though it is interesting philosophically.

As it happens I do suspect a relation with Dao and a black hole, but only because we know Dao is singular (non-dualistic) and the centre of a black hole is theorised (not confirmed) to be a singularity. But the similarity ends there and is purely speculative.

To say we are extracting energy from black holes is anyway false.

I very much doubt that any teacher claiming this stuff actually understands it, they are just quoting it. Its funny how every new piece of theoretical physics thats written about by Brian Greene or an entertainment magazine is twisted to the needs of the suiter knowing full well that not enough information is apparent to prove it wrong with 100% accuracy.

Its easy to sit and say, "you know what? my new practice is fed off that zero point energy stuff." Without fully realising or understanding what youre saying. If the people who invented the theory aren't yet sure, how can anyone claim with 100% accuracy that their system feeds off it? Its circumstantial and in my opinion absolute fluff. Still, atleast theres some more logical discussion.

Edited by Jakara

Guest winpro07

Its easy to sit and say, "you know what? my new practice is fed off that zero point energy stuff." Without fully realising or understanding what youre saying. If the people who invented the theory aren't yet sure, how can anyone claim with 100% accuracy that their system feeds off it? Its circumstantial and in my opinion absolute fluff. Still, atleast theres some more logical discussion.

" how can anyone claim with 100% accuracy that their system feeds off it? "

How can any Qi Gong system claim with 100% accuracy that thier sytem runs on Chi?

"Im not going to make qi-balls in my hands, that sounds a little ridiculous. I can however feel qi flow through my whole body whilst doing qi-gong, im familiar with the feeling, but I don't pretend that its "magnetic energy".

The practice of using energy more refined than Chi has existed forever in the Shinto tradition. They actually call 'refined Chi', and say that it must be cultivated.

The Nath Yogi do just the same.

Nothing new about it

Feeling is where it all starts if you want to progress. Letting intuitive process get muddled by incomplete science

slows evolution.

Nice to see the thread was worth it *hug*

Im not going to make qi-balls in my hands, that sounds a little ridiculous.

I though so too till I watched aBill Douglas Tai Chi Dvd which has a siting meditation at the end which does this. I actually felt something!!!! Very much a WOW experience that I did not beleive possible at the time.

Cam, you're a good guy with a good heart. I wish you only the best.

Cam is a good hearted guy and so are you. The arguments sometimes turns up to be a little personal but that could be because spiritual cultivation for some of us is life... :)

I personally wouldn't even claim qi-gong ran on qi, as odd as that sounds, when I practice qi-qong and feel "qi" throughout my body I simply appreciate theres something there without trying to explain it.

Pfffft Im bored and replying is taking too much of my time. Lets call it unresolved. My wife is back tomorrow and I'd rather spend my time with her and doing some more practice.

Cameron your pancaked avatar made me laugh and the image will do so for atleast day or so.

Guest winpro07

The energy behind the rapid evolutions in KunLun is definately not Ki, or Chi

Chi has a very thick kind of coarse feel to it -Hot i would say kinda of like raw power.

KunLun feels liquidy clear electric.

ultraviolet-3 radiation, Zero point, Are there any other english words fitting its description?