Aletheia

The Problem With The Forum Admin...

1 minute ago, WuDao said:

Here's an idea!

One of you MoPai guys change your nick to MoPaiHere (or whatever), request a PPF, and then you'll have your own sub-forum  to train, fight, fuck or whatever it is you want!

PPFs even have a bit of mod tools so you can control who says what. Not sure if a PPF can be moved to The Pit - but maybe if you keep to a modicum of civility it wont have to be tried, lol

Aletheia isn't a part of our group.

The PPF forum idea doesn't work because users will quote it for use in other discussions where it could not be moderated.

Here's an idea!

One of you MoPai guys change your nick to MoPaiHere (or whatever), request a PPF, and then you'll have your own sub-forum  to train, fight, fuck or whatever it is you want!

PPFs even have a bit of mod tools so you can control who says what. Not sure if a PPF can be moved to The Pit - but maybe if you keep to a modicum of civility it wont have to be tried, lol

ilovecoffee has a PPF but he doesn't choose to use it for that purpose.

MorePieGuy did, too, IIRC.  He also spent more time on this forum attacking others than posting about his "personal practice."

• Like 1

Just now, WuDao said:

Here's an idea!

I think internet Mo Pai -- tested by science -- is a retarded memetics. I'm not Mo Pai, I'm a Western (post "Turn" Heideggerian) ontologist and media ecologist and get all my qigong stuff from drew's posts.

7 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

No what's bothering me is I have real external projection which can measurably change the colour of skin, heal, bring down swelling, take away pain and bring calmness and you are openly saying I'm emotionally insane in your posts. I don't think it's right. That is my problem.

All you do is call me names and throw bile and hate in my direction. There's nothing which would lead anyone to believe you have an advanced abilities at all. Yet you are allowed to get away with this charade because the mods are not advanced enough to know better.

Everything I talk about is from my own personal experience that's why I can say if anyone wants to challenge my claims they are welcome to read though my posts where I describe what I've done, and I should add all prior to ever having read about these techniques, then come back to this thread and confront me.

It's very sad to me things are so confused in today's world. I'm not trying to inflate my ego or bring anyone down to my level. Some of my experiences are so beautiful and really utterly beyond description it just makes me cry. And I'm labelled emotionally challenged and sick for my troubles.

And you're acting like your above everything I say. Well you come back to me when your abilities when demonstrated are so beyond people's widest beliefs all they can do is laugh nervously when they experience them.

Hey how did you develop your abilities ?

I get inconsistencies in the way I'm doing things now and am looking for a more consistent method. Maybe I get inconsistencies cause I need to do things longer but still. 

Btw I was kicked from a dojo because I posted bout my experiences of racism in the town, nothing to do with the dojo, but the sensei found out and kicked me from the school claiming I had  spoken against him, because in a post if his, he said our town didn't tolerate racism. 

Point is, just cause some people have power, it doesn't mean they use it right. Making an uproar, like the civil rights movement is the only way to be heard in most cases. Even then there's an initial battle. 

Your battle is for genuineness here. A place where the real stuff is talked about. The issue is there's a lot of ways to do things, lots of ways of cultivation. You have one that's works. These other people have one that works. But becAuse you both believe yours might be the only correct way, there's butting heads. Truth is the proof is.in the pudding, lots of ways to channel qi, cultivate, do martial arts form, see the beauty in philosophy, etc. 

An the fact that some people will buttheads is inevitable, and does need to stop because we're adults and should be better than this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

As I mentioned in the post, I was basing my comments on their ability to feel and manipulate energy. In particular, some of them can do it remotely over distance. Their experience is definitely beyond the classic "book reader" forum type. 

Who are they? All mods manipulate energy on this forum?

• Like 1

I would suggest that there are many different "ways that work" and that there are many different objectives towards which these different ways aim.  Additionally, I would suggest that the ways which aim towards similar objectives do not all "fit" an individual's current state of being exactly the same, and that they are not identical in terms of efficiency, either.

Different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes.  This is why so many systems urge an exploring practitioner to practice a new system exclusively, practice it every day, and practice it for a significant period of time -- often in the 100 day range -- to get an idea of what the system is really about and whether it is a good fit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Aletheia isn't a part of our group.

The PPF forum idea doesn't work because users will quote it for use in other discussions where it could not be moderated.

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

ilovecoffee has a PPF but he doesn't choose to use it for that purpose.

MorePieGuy did, too, IIRC.  He also spent more time on this forum attacking others than posting about his "personal practice."

3 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

I think internet Mo Pai -- tested by science -- is a retarded memetics. I'm not Mo Pai, I'm a Western (post "Turn" Heideggerian) ontologist and media ecologist and get all my qigong stuff from drew's posts.

Okay. Never mind. (-:

Brian, right! I remember MorePieGuy. He used to talk about grounding himself by sticking a wire up his butt.

For what it's worth, and that's not much, I think you ALL are nutz - but it's more entertaining than the Trump thread. Hell, even Ralis came out to play. :lol:

• Like 2

From the basics of what I've understood of MoPai, it deliberately cultivAtes heaven yang chi, then stores thAt to capacity. Then in stages moves things til it merges with bodily and earth developed Yin. This causes the qi to transform into a more refined state and go through the entire body, causing a permanent alteration / whereas most other systems cultivate little by little and don't do permanent changes til later stages and most of them use wind chi in the beginning instead of solar chi.

Anyhow science is at best educated guessing, it tries to find a repeatable pattern and make something of it. Over the generations cultivates, martial artists, etc have done the same thing and found ways that work. My grandma believed maggots were rice that come alive after time, I showed her a fly and it's maggot stage, etc an she thought it was sorcery. 

Sometimes people prefer magical thinking over scientific thinking. But if we're honest with ourselves we would prefer Practical pragmatism over both.

Anyhow there's my view of the mo pai controversy.

I'm not associated with any mo paid group currently.

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 2

Okay. Never mind. (-:

Brian, right! I remember MorePieGuy. He used to talk about grounding himself by sticking a wire up his butt.

For what it's worth, and that's not much, I think you ALL are nutz - but it's more entertaining than the Trump thread. Hell, even Ralis came out to play. :lol:

MorePieGuy became MPG and then ThunderGooch.  When ilovecoffee talks about "our group," he is referring to the coterie of MorePieGuy admirers (acolytes? whatever) on another "top secret" web forum.

7 minutes ago, ralis said:

Who are they? All mods manipulate energy on this forum?

I will let them speak up on their own if they are interested. I did not mean to start ranking people, more just a statement that many are pretty advanced in their practices.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aletheia said:

No what's bothering me is I have real external projection which can measurably change the colour of skin, heal, bring down swelling, take away pain and bring calmness and you are openly saying I'm emotionally insane in your posts. I don't think it's right. That is my problem.

All you do is call me names and throw bile and hate in my direction. There's nothing which would lead anyone to believe you have an advanced abilities at all. Yet you are allowed to get away with this charade because the mods are not advanced enough to know better.

Everything I talk about is from my own personal experience that's why I can say if anyone wants to challenge my claims they are welcome to read though my posts where I describe what I've done, and I should add all prior to ever having read about these techniques, then come back to this thread and confront me.

It's very sad to me things are so confused in today's world. I'm not trying to inflate my ego or bring anyone down to my level. Some of my experiences are so beautiful and really utterly beyond description it just makes me cry. And I'm labelled emotionally challenged and sick for my troubles.

And you're acting like your above everything I say. Well you come back to me when your abilities when demonstrated are so beyond people's wildest dreams all they can do is laugh nervously when they experience them.

We all have real experiences and I don't discount anyone's experience.  If you can do healing with energy then that's great, and if you have energy in your third eye that's great too.  I have a highly energized crown point myself, and you won't believe this, but just between you and me, I had my enlightenment experience so long ago it has dinosaur shit on it.  It's different than having a wowie zowie energy experience.

Anyway, my objection to your conduct is the same as many others here have openly stated, you should think about those things they have said.  Here is a brief example of the problem,  I never said you were insane, I said you have an emotional problem, and most young people these days do have emotional problems, I had plenty myself, and maybe still do :ph34r:, it's no big deal, and yet you feel that I said you were insane, you see?  The ball is in your court, and the solution to the problem is ethical conduct.   In fact your emotional problems are minuscule.  I really think you should watch out for that guy and what he says, also it seems to me that his way of cultivation leads to emotional instability and also appears to be useless for spiritual growth.   I mean look objectively at him, does he seem to be spiritually advanced to you?

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Okay. Never mind. (-:

I think the grounding wire in your butt was the reason for MPGs name change to Thunder_Gooch. 

Using a tent, and cutting out the bottom so you can sit on the earth is the preferred method, and always has been.

This is an example of WHY we can't discuss anything in detail here on this forum.

• Like 1

Just now, Hancock said:

Hey how did you develop your abilities ?

I get inconsistencies in the way I'm doing things now and am looking for a more consistent method. Maybe I get inconsistencies cause I need to do things longer but still. 

Btw I was kicked from a dojo because I posted bout my experiences of racism in the town, nothing to do with the dojo, but the sensei found out and kicked me from the school claiming I had  spoken against him, because in a post if his, he said our town didn't tolerate racism. 

Point is, just cause some people have power, it doesn't mean they use it right. Making an uproar, like the civil rights movement is the only way to be heard in most cases. Even then there's an initial battle. 

Your battle is for genuineness here. A place where the real stuff is talked about. The issue is there's a lot of ways to do things, lots of ways of cultivation. You have one that's works. These other people have one that works. But becAuse you both believe yours might be the only correct way, there's butting heads. Truth is the proof is.in the pudding, lots of ways to channel qi, cultivate, do martial arts form, see the beauty in philosophy, etc. 

An the fact that some people will buttheads is inevitable, and does need to stop because we're adults and should be better than this.

Really I spent a few years working out what was going on prior to Plato's metaphysics. In the Western tradition Heidegger's late philosophy tries to "destruct" Western metaphysics after he see there are different ontological epochs with two prior to Plato -- logos and phusis.

And Marshall McLuhan pretty much nails it with his medium is the message i.e. Plato is working out the effects of the phonetic alphabet with fixed vowels ,<== that is what you have to unwind. See the book The Alphabet Effect by Logan.

A good understanding of post-modern philosophy is helpful too -- Derrida rather than "destruct" to the earlier oral culture of Western culture "deconstructs" "logocentric" metaphysics from this side rather than thinking back to an earlier period. And D&G work out the environment of Derrida's deconstructed metaphysics.

So post-moderism is actually a good basis for starting out qigong because it brushes aside all the cliched ideas which held Western thinking in place since Plato. It therefore provides a good, but empty i.e. no real energy, framework from which to begin. Kind of like Jung and James Hillman or Watts perhaps.

Right so the problem here is post-modern philosophy is really difficult and Heidegger is off-the-charts difficult. But I think the thing is to just  exercise your brain with the very strange pomo world-views to give yourself a chance.

There were several times over the years when thinking about these things I felt like I'd been hit over the head with a baseball bat so that all my pre-conceived notions about the nature of reality, space and time etc shifted over to a new paradigm.

Also I did some dream analysis too. Thinking about the grammar and logic of dreams and trying to bring that kind of awareness to waking reality.

Really consciousness IS NOT in out heads at all. That way of thinking about the world is abstracted away from the true nature of things.

I got loads of my stuff from a friend on reddit whose similar to drew whom I won't name because he doesn't like attention plus also from John David Ebert and fake Bob Dobbs. The common link there is they're both James Joyce scholars.

https://www.youtube.com/user/johndavidebert/videos (watch the Derida, Heidegger and Deleuze videos)

http://dobbstown.com/

https://ionandbob.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/bob-dobbs-dew-line.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Anyway, my objection to your conduct is the same as many others here have openly stated, you should think about those things they have said.  Here is a brief example of the problem,  I never said you were insane, I said you have an emotional problem, and most young people these days do have emotional problems, I had plenty myself, and maybe still do :ph34r:, it's no big deal, and yet you feel that I said you were insane, you see?  The ball is in your court, and the solution to the problem is ethical conduct.   In fact your emotional problems are minuscule compared to Drew's emotional problems, and he does appear to be quite insane.  So when I point out how whacked he is you shouldn't take that personally.  I really think you should watch out for that guy and what he says, also it seems to me that his way of cultivation leads to emotional instability and also appears to be useless for spiritual growth.   I mean look objectively at that freak, does he seem to be spiritually advanced to you?  To me he looks like a sad case of mental jerk off combined with egomaniac.

These are the type of posts I have reported and complained about for years. Calling someone insane is over the top and completely unjustified abusive behavior.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

Really I spent a few years working out what was going on prior to Plato's metaphysics. In the Western tradition Heidegger's late philosophy tries to "destruct" Western metaphysics after he see there are different ontological epochs with two prior to Plato -- logos and phusis.

And Marshall McLuhan pretty much nails it with his medium is the message i.e. Plato is working out the effects of the phonetic alphabet with fixed vowels ,<== that is what you have to unwind. See the book The Alphabet Effect by Logan.

A good understanding of post-modern philosophy is helpful too -- Derrida rather than "destruct" to the earlier oral culture of Western culture "deconstructs" "logocentric" metaphysics from this side rather than thinking back to an earlier period. And D&G work out the environment of Derrida's deconstructed metaphysics.

So post-moderism is actually a good basis for starting out qigong because it brushes aside all the cliched ideas which held Western thinking in place since Plato. It therefore provides a good, but empty i.e. no real energy, framework from which to begin. Kind of like Jung and James Hillman or Watts perhaps.

Right so the problem here is post-modern philosophy is really difficult and Heidegger is off-the-charts difficult. But I think the thing is to just  exercise your brain with the very strange pomo world-views to give yourself a chance.

There were several times over the years when thinking about these things I felt like I'd been hit over the head with a baseball bat so that all my pre-conceived notions about the nature of reality, space and time etc shifted over to a new paradigm.

Also I did some dream analysis too. Thinking about the grammar and logic of dreams and trying to bring that kind of awareness to waking reality.

Really consciousness IS NOT in out heads at all. That way of thinking about the world is abstracted away from the true nature of things.

I got loads of my stuff from a friend on reddit whose similar to drew whom I won't name because he doesn't like attention plus also from John David Ebert and fake Bob Dobbs. The common link there is they're both James Joyce scholars.

https://www.youtube.com/user/johndavidebert/videos (watch the Derida, Heidegger and Deleuze videos)

http://dobbstown.com/

https://ionandbob.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/bob-dobbs-dew-line.html

I appreciate it, I'm a simple man who's not the best intellectual. Hahaha so a lot of your philosophy stuff I just am. It understanding outright, would you mind explaining it in simpler terminology? Like if you were teaching an uneducated person who might have a general idea but not a grasp of the refined things. It'd help me out a lot. 

Also feel free to message me about this, practices, techniques, philosophy. I'm looking to expand my intellect so thanks.

15 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

We all have real experiences and I don't discount anyone's experience.  If you can do healing with energy then that's great, and if you have energy in your third eye that's great too.  I have a highly energized crown point myself, and you won't believe this, but just between you and me, I had my enlightenment experience so long ago it has dinosaur shit on it.  It's different than having a wowie zowie energy experience.

Anyway, my objection to your conduct is the same as many others here have openly stated, you should think about those things they have said.  Here is a brief example of the problem,  I never said you were insane, I said you have an emotional problem, and most young people these days do have emotional problems, I had plenty myself, and maybe still do :ph34r:, it's no big deal, and yet you feel that I said you were insane, you see?  The ball is in your court, and the solution to the problem is ethical conduct.   In fact your emotional problems are minuscule compared to Drew's emotional problems, and he does appear to be quite insane.  So when I point out how whacked he is you shouldn't take that personally.  I really think you should watch out for that guy and what he says, also it seems to me that his way of cultivation leads to emotional instability and also appears to be useless for spiritual growth.   I mean look objectively at that freak, does he seem to be spiritually advanced to you?  To me he looks like a sad case of mental jerk off combined with egomaniac.

The problem is you're making claims about things you can't back up so that's a bit of a problem. And you are openly saying drew and I have emotional issues and are insane too. So perhaps you'd like to read through what you wrote and think about what you've written from a perspective other than your own.

I'm not prepared to come to this forum if there's a constant drone in the background saying my practice plays around with emotional issues. Really it's a little pathetic at this stage tbh and it's not something I really think I should have to put up with.

If you don't like what I'm doing then say so without all the childish name-calling. If you can't do that then really you should just not comment at all.

24 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I think the grounding wire in your butt was the reason for MPGs name change to Thunder_Gooch. 

Using a tent, and cutting out the bottom so you can sit on the earth is the preferred method, and always has been.

This is an example of WHY we can't discuss anything in detail here on this forum.

How is that an example? We're talking about it an no mods have stepped in.. so.. is it because you think the idea is being laughed at and shouldn't have been? Or?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I appreciate it, I'm a simple man who's not the best intellectual. Hahaha so a lot of your philosophy stuff I just am. It understanding outright, would you mind explaining it in simpler terminology? Like if you were teaching an uneducated person who might have a general idea but not a grasp of the refined things. It'd help me out a lot. 

Also feel free to message me about this, practices, techniques, philosophy. I'm looking to expand my intellect so thanks.

What is primary is acoustic space where entities and meaning flow into one another like the fabric of dream. Linear time -- past/present/future breaks down, contained space breaks down, subject-object distinctions break down etc.

Cover your eyes and listen... there are no discrete things (no static tables, chairs, people etc), all you hear is merged motion.

Now put you fingers in your ears and what do you see? Fixed static space with things contained within. Static objects whose meaning can be known in isolation like a dictionary -- table, chairs, books, humans etc.

So in an oral world the ear does the seeing in some respect.

But when we take the multi-sensual world of oral culture and fix it in space inside meaningless abstract signs that relate to nothing in nature -- THESE SIGNS -- then when we read and retranslate the signs back into something meaningful we bias the eye over and above the other senses. That visual bias is the problem of Western metaphysics i.e PLATO.

That's the simple version. Go and watch Ebert's Heidegger videos on Being and Time. Present-at-hand is visual with direct access to meaning and readiness-at-hand is acoustic where meaning structures merge into the background of the world.

Edited by Aletheia

3 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

And then there is cherry pai but it is much better a la mode.

Does it use a wire, Louis Wu?(<-Ringworld reference)

• Like 2

Just now, WuDao said:

How is that an example? We're talking about it an no mods have stepped in.. so.. is it because you think the idea is being laughed at and shouldn't have been? Or?

Another example came up on how we meditate,  it took several hours of my life to stop all the people arguing on how we were meditating wrong.  It just is not possible to discuss openly here, because at every turn someone knows better, or tries to turn every little aspect of our training into an argument.

HAHAHA you stick wires up yer BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

That's not what we are saying.

WIRES IN YER BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It's impossible to have a serious conversation in an environment like this.

• Like 1

Even the "thank you" button can be used with the wrong intention.

Language is itself "Darwinian Deception" from the original human culture.

The right side vagus nerve connects to the left brain but the left brain vagus nerve (language) does not connect to the right brain.

So language was created as a catch-22 after the real Taoist training from the original human culture - the principles of complementary opposites resonance from music theory.

This is called "musilanguage" - as anthropologist Chris Knight refers to how the emotions are harmonized by the singing, and the healing songs are in gibberish.

Chuang Tzu said much the same thing about language.

And so in the West it is quite common for "thank you" to be said but the intention is really the opposite of gratitude - the intention really means "thank you for doing such and such because you work for me...I own you."

This is the dominance of the lower frequency spirit energy that is quite common in the West - the phrase thank you actually becomes a put-down! It is quite fascinating.

What is not understood frequently is "unconditional" love - as the qigong master calls it. This is actually the Yuan Qi energy from the heart and so requires the deeper right side vagus nerve from sublimation and purification to be activated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Another example came up on how we meditate,  it took several hours of my life to stop all the people arguing on how we were meditating wrong.  It just is not possible to discuss openly here, because at every turn someone knows better, or tries to turn every little aspect of our training into an argument.

HAHAHA you stick wires up yer BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

That's not what we are saying.

WIRES IN YER BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It's impossible to have a serious conversation in an environment like this.

Then, respectfully, why are you trying to?