Sign in to follow this  
Lois

About morons

10 hours ago, Apech said:

You know very well its called Germistan!

My source my have a spelling deficiency.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 26sol said:

still learned sth from this thread:this forum is nazi tolerant

Well, as all is Dao it would be moronic to deny what exists.

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

... and we look good in uniforms.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

denying its existance would be moronic indeed(back pat).Giving the filth a chance to be spewed is collaboration,but why do i get the impression I waste my words

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 26sol said:

denying its existance would be moronic indeed(back pat).Giving the filth a chance to be spewed is collaboration,but why do i get the impression I waste my words

This is the Off Grid sections of DBs and free speech is maximised - just because this here doesn't mean we like it or support it.  Although I regard threads like this more as a trolling (in the original sense) exercise than anything.

• Like 6

Because you and I are not going to change anyone from the outside unless we are in total control of another.   They have to change from the inside.

This is all part of "awareness", you know.  Awareness does not mean acceptance.  Awareness is a survival skill.

I am an Anarchist.  Freedom of speech is very important to me.  But I cannot demand my rights for freedom of speech without allowing others the same right.  People capable of rational thought will make their own decisions about various concepts.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Because you and I are not going to change anyone from the outside unless we are in total control of another.   They have to change from the inside.

This is all part of "awareness", you know.  Awareness does not mean acceptance.  Awareness is a survival skill.

I am an Anarchist.  Freedom of speech is very important to me.  But I cannot demand my rights for freedom of speech without allowing others the same right.  People capable of rational thought will make their own decisions about various concepts.

yes man I agree with all that but should there not be a line at some point?where is your isis thread btw?

• Like 1

yes man I agree with all that but should there not be a line at some point?where is your isis thread btw?

Put me on the spot, did you?

But you didn't, really.  I will call that presenting me a horse with no legs to stand on.

I have and will continue to protest against the killing of defenseless women and children.  By anyone, not only ISIS.

I have spoken also against trying to force one's beliefs on others.  I have spoke against threats of violence.

They were free to do those things.  But there are consequences to what we do.  If we cause a person to have great fear there is the possibility they will try to kill us.  Same thing regarding hatred.

I do not preach the use of force, violence or hatred.  I do not allow others to practice it against me.

And I still declare that the world would be a better place if all the terrorists were dead.  And that includes ALL, domestic and foreign.

And I wouldn't be saddened by the death of anyone who preaches hatred and violence.

• Like 4

ok the isis reference was cheap but was just to make a point that a limit must exist and its so weird i have to explain it.Then u get defensive and give off all that energy in order to defend a man's "right" to call children with down syndrome morons,I really dont understand.Anyway I stop now cause my words have no positive effect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 26sol said:

ok the isis reference was cheap but was just to make a point that a limit must exist and its so weird i have to explain it.Then u get defensive and give off all that energy in order to defend a man's "right" to call children with down syndrome morons,I really dont understand.Anyway I stop now cause my words have no positive effect.

Well, we didn't do very well with that discussion.  But then, I don't believe I have called anyone a moron.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-20 at 0:30 AM, Lois said:

I learned a terrible fact. In Germany (and certainly in other developed countries), special services that deal with morons do so that they give birth to children. Ironically, they have normal children. And then these children are selected and given to those who stand in line, wishing to adopt other people's children. In general, any normal person should be obvious that this practice is immoral.

I'm Dutch, not German.

but pretty sure that this is nonsense, would like to see a good source before you post some notion like this

• Like 3

6 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

but pretty sure that this is nonsense, would like to see a good source before you post some notion like this

This is the internet,

should we allow 'facts' or 'proof'

get in the way of a discussion????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thelerner said:

This is the internet,

should we allow 'facts' or 'proof'

get in the way of a discussion????

When a thread is titled "about morons" you can be pretty sure the ensuing discussion will be pretty moronic.  We`ve come this far without facts or proof, we might as well go for broke. ;)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

This reminded me of two truths.

1. not generally wise to argue with morons, lest they drag me down to their level and beat me with greater experience.

and 2.  from the outside, when one argues with a fool, about a fool's topic, it can be difficult to determine which one in the argument... is the fool.

now then... *looks around*... what are we agruing about?

Can't fix stupid and and argue with crazy.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 8:31 AM, Daeluin said:

Clubfoot-Hunchback-No-lips talked to Duke Ling of Wei. Duke Ling was so delighted with him that when he saw normal people, their necks appeared thin and scraggy. Jug-Jar-Big-goiter talked to Duke Huan of Chi. Duke Huan was so delighted with him that when he saw normal people, he too thought their necks were thin scraggy. So when goodness shines forth, the outward appearances are forgotten. Men do not forget what ought to be forgotten, but forget what ought not be forgotten. This is forgetfulness indeed!

Therefore, the sage lets everything pass before his mind. To him learning is something added, conventions are like glue, morality is a bond, and skills are for trade. The sage does not make plans, so what use has he for learning? He does not make divisions, so what use has he for glue? He lacks nothing, so what use has he for morality? He has nothing to sell, so what use has he for trade? His not needing these four things is a gift from heaven. This gift is his heavenly food.

Since he is fed by heaven, what use has he for men? He has the appearance of a man but not the desires of a man. He has the appearance of a man, so he associates with men. He does not have the desires of a man, so he is not concerned with right or wrong. How infinitely small is that which makes him a man! How infinitely great is that which makes him perfect in heaven!

Hui Tsu asked Chuang Tsu, "Can a man really live without desire?"

"Yes," said Chuang Tsu.

"But," said Hui Tsu, "if a man has no desire, how can you call him a man?"

Chuang Tsu said, "Tao gives him his appearance, and heaven gives him his body. Why should he not be called a man?"

Hui Tsu said, "Since he is called a man, how can he be without desire?"

Chuang Tsu said, "That is not what I mean by desire. When I say he has no desire I mean that he does not disturb his inner well-being with likes and dislikes. He accepts things as they are and does not try to improve upon them."

Hui Tsu said, "If a man does not try to improve upon the way things are, how does he survive?"

Chuang Tsu said, "Tao gives him his appearance. Heaven gives him his body. He does not disturb his inner well-being with likes and dislikes. At present you use all your vital energy on external things and wear out your spirit. You lean against a tree and mutter, collapse upon a rotten stump and fall asleep. Your body is a gift from heaven, yet you use it to babble and jabber about 'hardness' and 'whiteness'!"

Chuang Tsu

5 Signs of Full Virtue

tl Feng/English

Beautiful quote!

• Like 1

"See the happy moron,
He doesn’t give a damn,
I wish I were a moron,
My God! perhaps I am!"

• Like 4

Ah... recall the story of The Cucumber Sage? :lol:  Classic.

It's also the bottom thread in my PPF.

• Like 2

Depending on circumstance, being crazy or mentally non-adept may be of advantage. Its the circumstance that defines what traits are best to prevail.

That's why we all aren't Einsteins built like Apollo and with the drive of a Genghis Khan , (or other someones)

A rational person may be susceptible to a rational argument , the crazy or foolish may persist beyond what someone else might do.

In fact the craziest person is often very compelling, and the slowest may be first to arrive at the lowest common denominator.

I know very few folks that would say they prefer these traits , but frankly , very smart people Often find themselves mal-adapted.

I saw one guy , seeming very familiar with higher math, come to the conclusion that his math explained why telepathy was valid. 

Which isn't really all that different from someone who was fooled to think it was a valid process. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, WuDao said:

Ah... recall the story of The Cucumber Sage? :lol:  Classic.

It's also the bottom thread in my PPF.

WuDao, the unencumbered cucumber sage. :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, rainbowvein said:

WuDao, the unencumbered cucumber sage. :)

Seems so! B):lol:^_^

• Like 2

On 6/21/2017 at 8:24 PM, 26sol said:

still learned sth from this thread:this forum is nazi tolerant

Image result for sarcastic comment loading

Spoiler

yes, Its very tolerant * .... they even put up with me ... ;)

who is supposedly some type of  government conspiracy paid undercover worker ... lurking out at daobums to discredit   people and their  stories   that come up with the most crazy and wild warped imaginings ....   sorry ...   to discredit revelations about  very important and serious  ..... . 

* with the exception of the occasional non warning  /  'advice' from mods   acting in an 'unofficial role'  ( or not ... or maybe   ) as 'fellow poster '  ... or not . 

" I say .... Nungers ; there's a good chap ....   drop the swastika arm band and the cap with skull and crossed bones for a bit . "

And here I was, thinking  the control freaks were the ones trying to bash me over the head with a volume of  woo woo ! ... and all along  ... 'twas me .  

Thank goodness for the tolerant !  

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 8:59 PM, Apech said:

... and we look good in uniforms.

Nice try .....   but I have been here long enough  to remember your previous admissions 

to have been Hitler's personal pussycat   ( I seen you dancing with him ... dont deny it !  )

Sign in to follow this