Orgasmic19

Two Meals A Day?

Two meals a day?

I noticed when going long periods without food I have more energy and less heaviness on my stomach. I am not on a diet or evening trying to lose weight at the current moment.

I am also planning on going vegan to detox my body and live a more healthy lifestyle.

Any thoughts or should I take a different approach?

• Like 3

If you labor for a living you will need more food and more sleep.

You might want to try being gentle with yourself and schedule your meals something like this.

Have a light breakfast.

Make yourself smoothies and refrigerate them and have this for lunch. This is a good way to get high quality nutrition into the body without overloading the digestive track requiring huge amounts of energy to digest.

Dinner keep it light.

Two meals per day are certainly doable as are one but make sure they are high quality just mucking down a bowl of whatever is not a good idea.

• Like 4

Had the most energy when i was eating only once a day ( in the evening) but i was eating everything i would normally eat in a whole day in a window of maybe 3 hours in the evening.You could search the net for intermediate fasting... best wishes!

• Like 2

Had the most energy when i was eating only once a day ( in the evening) but i was eating everything i would normally eat in a whole day in a window of maybe 3 hours in the evening.You could search the net for intermediate fasting... best wishes!

Congratulations on your successful fasting program, Nature Beeing.  A slight correction: you`ll get more results if you google intermittent fasting.

I`m a big fan of intermittent fasting though I`ll admit it`s not for everyone.  Depends who you are, what you`re trying to accomplish with your diet plan, where you are in your life.

At the risk of being pelted with tomatoes and other vegan goodies, I`ll mention that I`m not a big fan of the meatless approach.  Again, depends who you are and all that.  For most of us, some meat (grassfed is best) is the healthier choice.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

Liminal_luke i am also a bif fan of intuition.and i also went back to eat meat after ten years of being vegan and raw vegan. :) needed something to bring me down. Ideally its good to eat completely spontaneously but i think lots of us are so far away from it that it is good to know and try some methods... :)

• Like 1

Two meals a day is my norm for some time now and I generally eat all food within an 8 hour span.  On those occasions I eat more, I still try and allot at least 12 hours with no food intake to let blood ph levels neutralize.

My body is beginning to crave emptiness and so fasting is becoming regular... skipping a day here and there is frequent and spontaneous.  Longer fasts often develop from that, usually four days.

• Like 2

If you are not a teenager, two meals a day should be fine. Teenagers still grow so they need more nutrients.

I've been eating two meals a day for many years now.

• Like 1

Make yourself smoothies and refrigerate them and have this for lunch. This is a good way to get high quality nutrition into the body without overloading the digestive track requiring huge amounts of energy to digest.

Can you please elaborate on smoothies?  what kind, how to make, etc.  I stayed away from smoothies, because they mix multiple fruits.  I read in ayurvedic texts that mixing fruits is generally not conducive for the body.  For instance, I saw banana on many smoothie recipes.  Per ayurveda, banana should not be mixed with other fruits or even foods, better to eat by itself, give gap of one hour before and after eating banana.   This did work well for me, more or less.

You have also mentioned refrigeration, is it okay to drink them cold?  This is another thing I  avoid these days, I used to love drinking even water cold, from refrigerator (adding some ice).  

I always wanted to take smoothies, if there is a good way to make them, I will go for it.

• Like 1

Two meals a day?

I noticed when going long periods without food I have more energy and less heaviness on my stomach. I am not on a diet or evening trying to lose weight at the current moment.

To me the diet changes from time to time.  There are times when I had to eat small meals spread through the day.  

This changed in time, without any force or intention to change.  These days, eating 2 moderate meals and one healthy snack seem to work.  I do cheat and indulge in unhealthy snacks from time to time.    :)  (contrary to what I believed, eating strictly healthy food, in moderation, or once in a while, eating things like a chocolate or ice cream causes no harm, may even help) 

Sometimes, one small meal seems to be enough.  These things may not work for growing kids, they need certain diet when they grow.  So, this changes from person to person, even for the same person from time to time.  I have gone back and forth before.  In some ways, the body knows what is needed and when.  I couldn't listen to the body for a long time.  Luckily, I can listen these days.  If we pay attention, we can certainly listen to the body, this helps a lot., some discipline is also certainly needed.

They can be made in advance and refrigerated afterwards let them warm to room temp or just below before drinking.

Here is a mixture I find good.

4 to 6 stalks of Celery

1/2 inch peeled Ginger root

2 Apples core seeds and all

4 carrots pealed

1/2 of a large beat root pealed

1 Large handful of parsley

1 Large handful of Kale or spinach

1 Lemon pealed

4 teaspoons of Spirulina

4 teaspoons of cold ground flax seed

4 teaspoons of brewers yeast Optional

2 cups of filtered water

2 cups of buttermilk this helps cut the sourness of the lemons and vegetables.

2 frozen bananas to keep the heat of blending down and not destroy the enzymes of the fresh produce as a powerful blender can actually make hot soup.

Blend with a powerful Vitamix blender. A cheap blender will not yied good results.

Pour into 6 to 8 Mason Jars and refridgerate for the week ahead.

Forgot an ingredient also depending on how one feels 4000 MG Ascorbic Acid powder for extra kick of Vitamin C

Tastes good looks terrible. :D

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 2

Two meals a day?

I am also planning on going vegan to detox my body and live a more healthy lifestyle.

Any thoughts or should I take a different approach?

Do whatever it feels good to you...but as you probably know already refrain from any eating after near the sunset hours right up to dawn.

• Like 1

I do two meals a day... three bog me down.   But I also eat less overall calories than before.

I started paying attention to how much I expel (poop) and was surprised at how much cycles through me.  I found I could cut back more and more till I found a balance of energy and waste.

I will add that I go through some seasonal tonics or herbs or eating this vs that at times.   I'm not rigorous in following some plan but just follow some feeling I have.

• Like 2

I eat two meals a day, sometimes only one and a vegetable juice later in the day. I do feel too much food makes me feel lazy too. Much depends on your constituition too though i think. Many people where i live eat between 3-6 times a day and i did do that when i was into weight lifting but i grew tired of it quickly. It just felt like an addictive behavior, right after i ate i would already be planning my next meal ... i love one or two meals a day, not nearly as stressful on the mind and stomach. I think it is best to find food as fresh as possible, growing it is the best you can eat it while its still living whereas veggies that have been sitting in a store for weeks have already begun to lose their qi and nutrients. farmers market is also good, you will notice the big difference in taste and energy and it is local, not shipped in from far away! I also recomend eating for nutrition and not for taste, too many people i know do the exact opposite of this and their health suffers. And this causes them to eat with addictive behavior too.. and know the difference between real and artificial hunger. Your body can sustain itself on one or two meals a day maybe much less as long as what you are eating is high in nutrition, if it is void of nutrients your body will never be satisfied and will constantly be hungry

• Like 2

I am always hungry - it sucks 

but I was doing the stuck on the internet & fasting for days thing & after that I ate & was still hungry as usual - I just need to do a better job of ignoring the hunger 

I am always hungry - but when fasting I just don't cater to it 

I feel like I have to eat when I'm hungry - But  after fasting I realized that it wont hurt me to be hungry for a while -

- even if I do eat I will still be hungry 

Edited by Stumpich
  • Like 1

They can be made in advance and refrigerated afterwards let them warm to room temp or just below before drinking.

Here is a mixture I find good.

4 to 6 stalks of Celery

1/2 inch peeled Ginger root

2 Apples core seeds and all

4 carrots pealed

1/2 of a large beat root pealed

1 Large handful of parsley

1 Large handful of Kale or spinach

1 Lemon pealed

4 teaspoons of Spirulina

4 teaspoons of cold ground flax seed

4 teaspoons of brewers yeast Optional

2 cups of filtered water

2 cups of buttermilk this helps cut the sourness of the lemons and vegetables.

2 frozen bananas to keep the heat of blending down and not destroy the enzymes of the fresh produce as a powerful blender can actually make hot soup.

Blend with a powerful Vitamix blender. A cheap blender will not yied good results.

Pour into 6 to 8 Mason Jars and refridgerate for the week ahead.

Forgot an ingredient also depending on how one feels 4000 MG Ascorbic Acid powder for extra kick of Vitamin C

Tastes good looks terrible. :D

Thanks. I am going to try it with some of my own customizations.    

Ack... milk.  Not in my body.

No longer a good thing for me, although I used it as a young person... loved the flavor.  But these days it seems to complicate the system.   After all, it's a reproductive enzyme from another mammal's endocrine system.  Milk is hormonal baby cow growth fluid designed to take a baby cow, to a six hundred pound adult in a couple of seasons. 

Even adult cows aren't set up to process their own milk. 

But this is only my take on it and my experience... 

• Like 1

Ack... milk.  Not in my body.

No longer a good thing for me, although I used it as a young person... loved the flavor.  But these days it seems to complicate the system.   After all, it's a reproductive enzyme from another mammal's endocrine system.  Milk is hormonal baby cow growth fluid designed to take a baby cow, to a six hundred pound adult in a couple of seasons. 

Even adult cows aren't set up to process their own milk. 

But this is only my take on it and my experience... 

Yep, milk is highly phlegm-inducing, which in turn mucks up the subtle body, so for those who seek a suitable, healthy, cultivation 'vehicle', it is best to avoid milk, as well as other phlegm-inducing foods, especially those with excessive cooling properties. 

Paramahansa Yogananda said to drink milk.

do some research yourself instead of deferring to a yogi from a different era. Back in those days milk was purer and likely to be free-range & organic. Nowadays... im not so sure.