Lee

Lower Dan Tien Question

Hi, 

Iv been doing a LOT of lower dan meditation lately and for the past week i can effectively heat the lower dan tien up, this is not intentional but rather seems to happen on its own. Today i had done a very successful meditation and the lower dan was extremely hot, even my belly was hot to touch, and has stayed hot for the last few hours now. 

I do walking meditation for circulation but am wondering if now iv reached a specific point of development and should now be doing something else with the energy of the lower dan tien. 

Thanks in advanced

• Like 1

My experience of LDT meditations is that the chi spills over and begins to saturate the rest of the system, effectively rejuvenating the entire body.

If you feel your burning a bit too hot you can practice doing you LDT meditation with trees (get a nice grounding influence in there :) ). Just go up to them and invite them to practice with you. Cheers. 

• Like 2

after a while, the heat reached the kidney area, and then further up the spine. sometimes, it feels like my forehead is on fire as well

• Like 1

My experience of LDT meditations is that the chi spills over and begins to saturate the rest of the system, effectively rejuvenating the entire body.

If you feel your burning a bit too hot you can practice doing you LDT meditation with trees (get a nice grounding influence in there :) ). Just go up to them and invite them to practice with you. Cheers. 

I second the whole post.

My initial experience at this phase of practice was that the energy from the LDT begins to spill into the belt vessel (Dai Mai) first and that starts to orbit around the waist rapidly, from there it can move directly around the waist to the Life Gate (Ming Men) and up the back or it may first drop down to the perineum (Hui Yin) before trying to move through the coccyx and up the Governing Vessel (Du Mai).

It gets very tingly down there when the movement starts, especially around the bony areas like the tailbone.

This is good Houtian progress.

Keep doing what you're doing. By the sound of It, I reckon within another month of steady practice, the heat will begin to "rumble" and buzz, and then suddenly start to move.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 3

Hi, 

Iv been doing a LOT of lower dan meditation lately and for the past week i can effectively heat the lower dan tien up, this is not intentional but rather seems to happen on its own. Today i had done a very successful meditation and the lower dan was extremely hot, even my belly was hot to touch, and has stayed hot for the last few hours now. 

I do walking meditation for circulation but am wondering if now iv reached a specific point of development and should now be doing something else with the energy of the lower dan tien. 

Thanks in advanced

You can try switching your awareness to the entire body after a short period of awareness at LDT. Then, try awareness on entire body for the whole meditation. See how your experiences differ.

Best --

• Like 1

Hard to tell what is more upsetting. Newbies frying themselves on the inside out of ignorance, or their old-hand ignorant encourage-rs. Oh well, this will pass too.

• Like 2

Keep doing what you're doing. By the sound of It, I reckon within another month of steady practice, the heat will begin to "rumble" and buzz, and then suddenly start to move.

and then suddenly it will be too late.

• Like 2

Hard to tell what is more upsetting. Newbies frying themselves on the inside out of ignorance, or their old-hand ignorant encourage-rs. Oh well, this will pass too.

It's hardly frying yourself if its kept in one place that is supposed have such effects, you will only do damage if you begin to overheat the organs. 

Where i live we had a qigong teacher who sadly passed away due to old age, when i was learning with him i was learning

at his classes, we had worked with conditioning, movements and regulation. all of this has allowed me to connect to energy very effectively so hardly a newbie, i would say more a beginners stage but not a newbie. 

just because i have a few posts on here does not show what is known outside of here, considering without a qigong teacher to guide me, i have to now result to finding other methods of guidance with things i have to yet learn about. 

nothing ignorant about practice and the willingness to learn really is there. 

I second the whole post.

My initial experience at this phase of practice was that the energy from the LDT begins to spill into the belt vessel (Dai Mai) first and that starts to orbit around the waist rapidly, from there it can move directly around the waist to the Life Gate (Ming Men) and up the back or it may first drop down to the perineum (Hui Yin) before trying to move through the coccyx and up the Governing Vessel (Du Mai).

It gets very tingly down there when the movement starts, especially around the bony areas like the tailbone.

This is good Houtian progress.

Thank you! Yes iv had a lot of magnetic vibration sensations down there too. i do chakra work also but nothing more than spinal opening and chakra cultivation through seated meditation using awareness only rather than spinal movements, so i feel a lot down there anyway. 

The energy has began to move during practice, it does spread out to the kidneys and for some reason, it seems to be pushing up into the solar plexus area causing the area to feel very much like a ball of magnetic energy with a little heat, but i can feel the heat wants to move up into it. 

for now what iv been doing is circulating it through walking meditation rather than allowing it to move into the solar plexus. 

So when it begins to move shall i just allow it to do so and keep awareness on where its going naturally or do i also do a circulation to move energy 

Thank you for the suggestion :) i will be sure to try it out under my willow tree during my next practice 

• Like 1

You can try switching your awareness to the entire body after a short period of awareness at LDT. Then, try awareness on entire body for the whole meditation. See how your experiences differ.

Best --

Thank you for the advice! I do actually do that. I do this both still and moving for circulation. 

• Like 1

I know many Chinese do this kind of meditation and gain nothing.

They spent more than ten years to practice this lower dan tian meditation and some of them begin to doubt if this is a wrong way.

I hope more people will find the right way of Dao.

That's why I come here to use my bad English to tell you the right way.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 3

[...]

Most of the time they get an elegant "pot-belly".

It seems to be something quite traditional in internal kungfu, am I correct?

They spent more than ten years to practice this lower dan tian meditation and some of them begin to doubt if this is a wrong way.

I hope more people will find the right way of Dao.

That's why I come here to use my bad English to tell you the right way.

Thank you! 

In what way do they not receive any benefits from it is something im wondering? 

In Daoist practicing, every step has their sequence

Some inner views which should show up in the next step were written in classic.

If the trainer go the wrong way, views which should show up will not show up.

So some trainer doubt they go the wrong way.

In Dao classics, so many classics, told us the views.

The views will show up if the trainer have the correct practice.

The views are the shapes of lights.

Except lights, there are some phenomenon come with all kinds of lights.

Anyway, in a word, the way is not easy to find out.

And I try to tell someone who wants to reach that goal.

• Like 1

Look into damo mitchells whitemoon on the mountain peak , you seem to be at the first stage of the nei dan practice he teaches.

• Like 1

Look into damo mitchells whitemoon on the mountain peak , you seem to be at the first stage of the nei dan practice he teaches.

Thank you! much appreciated :)

In Daoist practicing, every step has their sequence

Some inner views which should show up in the next step were written in classic.

If the trainer go the wrong way, views which should show up will not show up.

So some trainer doubt they go the wrong way.

In Dao classics, so many classics, told us the views.

The views will show up if the trainer have the correct practice.

The views are the shapes of lights.

Except lights, there are some phenomenon come with all kinds of lights.

Anyway, in a word, the way is not easy to find out.

And I try to tell someone who wants to reach that goal.

Thank you!

In terms of this light, when i practice, most of the time i do have an inner vision, not an imagination image but its hard to describe other than i can see what is happening inside, almost as if my consciousness is experiencing it at that time on an image perception. again very hard to describe but i do see what is happening in a kind of glowing sensation view. if that makes sense.

However this is only achieved when i hit my deep state that i have the purpose of hitting, i sometimes allow myself to target nothing more than a conditioning practice to allow myself to not become to attached to the results itself but rather the wanting to do that practice.

iv spent a long time training my body and mind, and currently am fairly new to this deeper sense of energy.

My teacher would make me sit, stand and walk doing different things to loosen the muscles and regulate the mind. under his teaching he would make students stand in qigong posture for the entire session, at first i thought it was about discipline but then found out it was to allow my body to become relaxed in all forms of practice before even glimpsing at the energy awareness. 

if what im doing is something that is truly working then my previous training under his teachings was all for something that is now beginning to pay off. 

• Like 2

You obvious misunderstand the full moon.

Unless you reach there, you will not really know what is full moon.

I met many Chinese told me that they saw full moon.

But after I ask them about the details, it is not full moon.

It is 兔髓

You made the same mistake with them.

I hope you will understand where is you mistake.

But if you don't have a real mater, it is very hard for you to know.

兔髓 looks like full moon.

But they are totally different.

If you don't reach them all, it is impossible for you to know what is the difference between them.

I tell you this and hope you don't make the mistake again.

Post heaven is totally different from pre heaven.

Almost all teachers think they know, but they don't know.

Pre heaven can not be told, but only be achieved.

So many times, I heard people misunderstand 兔髓 and full moon.

They misunderstand post and pre heaven, too.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 5

You obvious misunderstand the full moon.

Unless you reach there, you will not really know what is full moon.

I met many Chinese told me that they saw full moon.

But after I ask them about the details, it is not full moon.

It is 兔髓

You made the same mistake with them.

I hope you will understand where is you mistake.

But if you don't have a real mater, it is very hard for you to know.

the trouble is around my area coverage the so called masters are teaching structure with no substance kind of stuff. qigong and tai chi with no inner form of energy but rather nothing more than a complex workout that gains nothing that it was created for. 

hence why now i have to try and develop on my own

I come here to introduce the right way.

My English is poor.

If you do not mind, I could guide you as possible as I can.

The right principles is more important than methods.

The only way to reach pre heaven is wu Wei.

No methods, no breath skills, only some rules.

Ying yang, 鉛汞,water fire,etc

• Like 7

I come here to introduce the right way.

My English is poor.

If you do not mind, I could guide you as possible as I can.

The right principles is more important than methods.

The only way to reach pre heaven is wu Wei.

No methods, no breath skills, only some rules.

Ying yang, 鉛汞,water fire,etc

Hello awaken,

You should start a thread where you could share your understanding and experience of the right Way instead of disseminating your posts. It would be more convenient for you and for all the members who are interested in what you have to say.

Cheers

• Like 1

If using trees for grounding: plants do have emotional responses and memories. If you collect their energy for special methods, you are robbing them of their life essence for your self-interest. When you are doing this you are injuring a life form and building up negative karma. So, most orthodox schools of Qi-gong utterly forbid methods of plant energy gathering, as some techniques are deisirable and some are immoral! Understand the differences and draw the distinctions between them. Be aware that gathering and collecting energy from another living being is stealing and the usurper will loose virtue by doing this!

Although, orthodox Qi-gong schools do advocate energy interchange and exchange between humans and plants that have a vast storage, such as trees. Exchanging energy while practicing Qi-gong under trees, such as pine trees, in the prime of their lives or in the prime of the trees life is very healthy for people. Different trees will give off different energies. Some are too yang or harbor an energy that may exacerbate the issue and will therefore be unhealthy for the practitioner! If you are looking to cool your heat built up, look into evergreen arbors for their water nature.

Trees are also divided into five categories related to the five elements theory. So, in order to correctly exchange energy with a tree we must know the root issue to exchange with the right family of tree. So, basically, the trees energy will adjust the function of the corresponding internal organ that is creating the imbalance.

So, your dan tien is 'full' and it's spilling out into the meridian channels. You're in for a ride now! Be careful with medications. The activated Qi does not like opiates, tooth medication will have serious side effects well after the use of them. So, take care of your body. Damaging it and repairing it will take on a different level energetically.