Jim D.

Hillary and Trump

looking good for a trump win. the betting odds have significantly narrowed in the past week and trump seems to be comfortably ahead in the early voting, even in areas where dems typically win. big turnouts = trump voters. and hillary's email thing resurfacing is terrible optics for a candidate who people already associate with corruption, whether it amounts to anything or not.

i'd expect polls to tighten in the coming week not because of much changing but because they've been so out of whack with reality and they'll want to regain credibility, especially if trump wins by a large margin. the biggest threat is the possibility of voter fraud, something the media have been adamant is conspiracy theory yet leaks have proven the opposite. so that's a concern, but if trump wins by enough it should be too much for them to overcome.

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 1

Seriously. Nearly everybody I know wants HC in the chair, thinks DT is literally the spawn of satan, and that he disrespects 'women and minorities' so it's got to be HC in the vote.\

oh, I want her in the chair... :ph34r:  preferably one connected to 440V

• Like 1

Interesting articles on the Washington Post website

Comey decided that it was better to be forthright with the emails before the election rather than being seen as holding back information until after the election as that would have looked worse (not all agree with this)

Recent polls show Trump is 2% behind, which is as much as no difference.

Washington Times website is banging the drum of the 'hidden' Trump vote, where as there's going to no 'hidden' Clinton vote.

The countdown continues ...

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 1

Doesnt look goo for Assange

It was discovered that the same night of the raid, or pamela's visit or however one wishes to describe that,

the IPs of the wikileaks servers changed.  DNS entries updated.  (hey, when was that icann handover, again?)

and

Mr Assange's tweets regularly misspelled the names of some of his closest friends whom he has known for decades (Gavin McFadyen became McFayden for example). McFadyen,76, the director of Wikileaks, was found dead three days after Assange started having mystery problems.

Themes supported by Mr Assange for years were then knocked down or discredited by his subsequent tweets and communications.

New strange hitherto unknown moderators of Wikileaks have suddenly been installed

His "deadman switch" was activated before that armored vehicle showed up at the embassy late

As crazy as the theory that Pamela Anderson poisoned him sounds...

• Like 4

Since I don't watch/read/listen to the news -- except what I get as a result of forums I'm in, and occasionally something like slashdot -- nearly all of that is utterly new and bizarre sounding to me. But... it doesn't sound like Julian is truly with us any longer.

RC

PS May I just add that collective-summary-and-response-by-proxy in forums is SO much more interesting than just watching the news would be, anyway. :-)

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 2

I wouldn't trust most of the odds and polls which come out about who is going to win. On the eve of Brexit all the bookmakers had all the odds saying a clear easy win for Remain vote, my father went to bed saying the polls are so far for remain there is no chance of Brexit, only to wake up in shock. Either all the media and polls makers were deluded or had an agenda.

• Like 2

ROFL!  OMG!  I laughed my head off!

"...{election}... and I'm going to run!"

"My delight is limited only by my absolute terror, Sir."

Freakin hilarious.

RC

Edited by redcairo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBgjdGxKvoM

That happens when you side with hyenas:

If you show weakness, they will smell the opportunity to turn on you. :P

The FBI director failed to obtain the legal clearance from the DOJ and may have broken the law. Further, he has no warrant to read the emails in question. Edited by ralis

The FBI director failed to obtain the legal clearance from the DOJ and may have broken the law. Further, he has no warrant to read the emails in question.

It's government emails sent by government employees, I doubt he needs a warrant.

• Like 1

It's government emails sent by government employees, I doubt he needs a warrant.

He is part of the DOJ and any investigation needs a warrant. Besides, this could be construed as electioneering.

The FBI director failed to obtain the legal clearance from the DOJ and may have broken the law. Further, he has no warrant to read the emails in question.

The emails in question was seized from laptops that were part of a separate investigation.

Of course they have the right.

• Like 1

The emails in question was seized from laptops that were part of a separate investigation.

Of course they have the right.

The Attorney General said he broke DOJ dept policy. Read before you state an assumption. Probable cause determines whether to proceed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comey-wrote-bombshell-letter-to-congress-before-fbi-had-reviewed-new-emails-220219586.html

“We do not have a warrant,” a senior law enforcement official said. “Discussions are under way [between the FBI and the Justice Department] as to the best way to move forward.”

That Comey and other senior FBI officials were not aware of what was in the emails — and whether they contained any material the FBI had not already obtained — is important because Donald Trump’s campaign and Republicans in Congress have suggested that the FBI director would not have written his letter unless he had been made aware of significant new emails that might justify reopening the investigation into the Clinton server.

But a message that Comey wrote to all FBI agents Friday seeking to explain his decision to write the controversial letter strongly hinted that investigators did not not yet have legal authority establishing “probable cause” to review the content of Abedin’s emails on Weiner’s electronic devices.

Edited by ralis

The Attorney General said he broke DOJ dept policy. Read before you state an assumption. Probable cause determines whether to proceed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comey-wrote-bombshell-letter-to-congress-before-fbi-had-reviewed-new-emails-220219586.html

He broke precedent by informing the congress about the investigation during the election. It does not say the FBI didn't have the right to the emails which you had previously stated.

Which is not against the law.

Edited by Jonesboy
  • Like 1

He broke precedent by informing the congress about the investigation during the election. It does not say the FBI didn't have the right to the emails which you had previously stated.

Which is not against the law.

You are not a lawyer and have no idea. Further, you are part of the gang here that piles on a female candidate every chance you have.

A warrant is required.

Edited by ralis

The problem with this thread is a vast denial of Trump and his misogyny, lawsuit for alleged rape of a 13 year old, alleged organized crime involvement etc

You are not a lawyer and have no idea. Further, you are part of the gang here that piles on a female candidate every chance you have.

What are you talking about?

If I disagree with Obama am I a racist?

Because I said the FBI is investigating Weiner and the laptops they turned over contained this data as part of an ongoing FBI seperate investigation this now makes me anti woman?

Seriously?

That sounds like hate speech towards anyone with an opposing view and a means of trying to stop any conversation that you don't agree with.

This is standard liberal MSNBC playbook stuff to stop the conversation.

Wake up.

Also I think have maybe posted 2 or 3 times in this thread so your comments about me bashing on Hillary is way off base.

• Like 2

A warrant is required.

LOL
  • Like 2

LOL

I am stating the best reporting I can find. However you state nothing but useless humor. Obviously you are part of the pile it on Hillary gang for one reason, she is a woman. Moreover failing to properly vet Trump and giving him a free pass.

Edited by ralis