Jim D.

Hillary and Trump

If your comment is directed at me, I can provide the actual video.

Are you voting for Clinton ? an independent, or none of the above ?

Nope.

I guess you believe the conspiracy and the allegations. That makes you a Trump supporter?

I guess you believe the conspiracy and the allegations. That makes you a Trump supporter?

None of your business ;-)

This thread reminds of one of mark twains quotes. If you don't read the newspaper you uninformed. If you read the newspaper you are misinformed. This quote still applies today with the internet.

Edited by blackstar212
  • Like 2

This thread reminds of one of mark twains quotes. If you don't read the newspaper you uninformed. If you read the newspaper you are misinformed. This quote still applies today with the internet.

If you don´t read the newspaper you´re uninformed.  If you read the newspaper you´re misinformed.  If you read the internet you´re deformed.

• Like 1

If you don´t read the newspaper you´re uninformed.  If you read the newspaper you´re misinformed.  If you read the internet you´re deformed.

What does that say about this forum?

• Like 1

Is Trump illegally diverting money from his charity to his own pocket? If so, then his charity is nothing but a slush fund.

Trump directed $2.3 million owed to him to his tax-exempt foundation instead

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-directed-23-million-owed-to-him-to-his-charity-instead/2016/09/26/7a9e9fac-8352-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html?postshare=2761474922583336&tid=ss_tw

I watched the debate. It is obvious that Trump has very little or no understanding of the implications of speech. His diction/grammar is fractured and repetitious. Not presidential in the least.

• Like 1

Trump wants better racial relations and in the same sentence wants a nationwide 'stop and frisk'. That policy discriminated against a very high percentage of African Americans. That policy was ruled unconstitutional which was based on racial profiling.

Edited by ralis

Trump wants better racial relations and in the same sentence wants a nationwide 'stop and frisk'. That policy discriminated against a very high percentage of African Americans. That policy was ruled unconstitutional and was based on racial profiling.

Might wanna dig a little deeper on this one. Start here:

Terry v. Ohio

United States v. Sokolow

Alabama v. White

Florida v. J. L.

Might wanna dig a little deeper on this one. Start here:

Terry v. Ohio

United States v. Sokolow

Alabama v. White

Florida v. J. L.

You are wrong given the recent ruling.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/13/nyregion/stop-and-frisk-practice-violated-rights-judge-rules.html 

In her 195-page decision, Judge Scheindlin concluded that the stops, which soared in number over the last decade as crime continued to decline, demonstrated a widespread disregard for the Fourth Amendment, which protects against unreasonable searches and seizures by the government, as well as the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause.

Further, you are not a constitutional lawyer no matter what you believe yourself to be.

The question becomes, do you support this unconstitutional policy? What if you were stopped and frisked and put in prison for no reason?

Edited by ralis

I thought it was a decent debate, considering that no one really likes either of these people.  :P 

Honestly, they both did well, and also poorly. I can't say there was a clear winner. I thought Trump was very factual regarding the economy and foreign trade, ISIS and domestic terrorism...but then again, he had his demeanor and sometimes hilarious statements which put many people off. Hillary seemed to do well toward the end, although I'm not sure exactly why, considering the almost complete lack of substance she brought to the table.

I thought it was a decent debate, considering that no one really likes either of these people.  :P 

Honestly, they both did well, and also poorly. I can't say there was a clear winner. I thought Trump was very factual regarding the economy and foreign trade, ISIS and domestic terrorism...but then again, he had his demeanor and sometimes hilarious statements which put many people off. Hillary seemed to do well toward the end, although I'm not sure exactly why, considering the almost complete lack of substance she brought to the table.

Trump has no plan except that he sees himself as some sort of unitary executive that has ultimate power to do whatever he wants.

Dear Friends in Dao,

I will say one thing......it's a sad thing to see a once great nation like the USA, beginning to die.

Tonight (during the so-called 'debate') is the first time that I've actually heard about America thinking of using nuclear weapons as a tool of first strike.

I used to have line from an old King Crimson song taped to my refrigerator "The world I fear, is in the hands of fools."

That's how hearing this little piece of "news" made me feel.

Your friend in Dao, Differently Abled Daoist