Junko

The origin of mankind

My parents bought me 15000 $ kimono. That's quite formal dress!

What on earth does one do with 15000   one dollar kimonos ? 

Yes, I can imagine that some of the traditional dress of various cultures can be very expensive.

And I do enjoy seeing people walk around in their traditional dress.

Once upon a time I was in Geneva with nothing on my schedule so I went to a small park somewhere center city, sat on a bench and just watch the people pass by.  Many people wearing their traditional dress walked by going here and there.  A lovely experience.

Many years ago I went to a week long celebration for the International Year of Peace.  It was at the Baha'i temple north of Sydney. People celebrated their cultures, wore their national costumes , offered each other their national foods and dishes and arts and crafts, at night we had multicultural music and dance , etc performance. 

It was absolutely bloody fantastic ! 

.... shame it only lasted for 1 year  :( 

• Like 1

Please explain. I don't get your comment.

Maccas at Sunday in your location may be 'hot' ... but  not as hot as they are selling in Japan with a free Pokemon .... sales have gone through the roof and boosted MacDonalds stock world wide. 

• Like 1

I am hoping to get to Epcot Center in Orlando one more time.  Many national exhibits with all wearing traditional dress and many have small food concessions in their area.

Maybe life will allow me the time to do that.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

The origin of life. "Lives are not Matter" that is like looking at half a picture. The other half of the picture can not be seen so what is to know.

The origin of man is another fragment of the whole picture. Absolute and fragment knowledge guesses on half a picture and is proven wrong over and over again because the is nothing absolute besides nothing. This will reak havoc to the  mind grasping for knowledge so lets have fun with that.

• Like 1

I am hoping to get to Epcot Center in Orlando one more time.  Many national exhibits with all wearing traditional dress and many have small food concessions in their area.

Maybe life will allow me the time to do that.

(you know I cant resist the opportunity .. even though i have done it before  ) 

yes , small food concessions are good  - here we have the CWA  - Country Women's Association. They have  bake and taste days, you can go to them and they have all these fruitcakes and tarts ... that will let you sample their baking . 

tssshhh - badoom ! 

I also have two very beautiful antique obi from Japan. I have displayed them in my bedroom using an Arnis rotton stick with a dark red back drop. I also bought a jubin. That is also displayed with a Hakama I had hand made in my bedroom also.

(you know I cant resist the opportunity .. even though i have done it before  ) 

yes , small food concessions are good  - here we have the CWA  - Country Women's Association. They have  bake and taste days, you can go to them and they have all these fruitcakes and tarts ... that will let you sample their baking . 

tssshhh - badoom ! 

Yeah, but that still is a good way for a widow to get a man.  Sex is always first for a man of course, but food I think comes in second.  And sometimes a man will make allowances for the sex if the food is really good.

Here we call women like that "high maintainence." Not an attractive quality in a woman. :mellow:

• Like 1

kimono shows me that I came from quite rich family and tells me that I want to get respected by every little shit I do here in Switzerland and by people!

Im not sure I undenderstood that, could you rephrase it? Edited by Stosh

I also have two very beautiful antique obi from Japan. I have displayed them in my bedroom using an Arnis rotton stick with a dark red back drop. I also bought a jubin. That is also displayed with a Hakama I had hand made in my bedroom also.

You should see a friend of mine's spare room, he is a collector of all sorts of  swords, trinkets, paraphernalia from Samurai dress... little knives, cord stops, some are amazing ... and very expensive !  he collects sword and blades too. got a nice antique yari last year and a set of amour ... its tiny ! Well, compared to us ... we even noticed the sash belt thing had what appears to be blood spatters on it. 

Of course , want to use them ... of course, he is horrified :D   

he doesnt practice , he was in our club found it too hard, I spent a bit of 1 on 1 time with him, he still couldnt manage .... although his wife was doing well at it ... she would admonish him her harsh Cambodian accent  in our training sessions   " Go it right ! ...Like this ! "   :D   ....   and she was pregnant at the time  !    

• Like 2

Yeah, but that still is a good way for a widow to get a man.  Sex is always first for a man of course, but food I think comes in second.  And sometimes a man will make allowances for the sex if the food is really good.

Sex is the first course,  a smoke is the second course and then some dessert later . 

Yeah ... but I am a cook.  Not many women I have associated with (outside of work) can cook as good as I do ... so what do I do ? 

• Like 1

Here we call women like that "high maintainence." Not an attractive quality in a woman. :mellow:

well, if you cant handle the heat .... 

(and I dont mean the toaster at MacDonalds)

Junko . I had a beautiful tangarine/scaret kimono with a dragon embroidered on it in silver colored thread that snaked around the whole garment. 

WE have these wasps here that make a gooey nest in things made out of a tar like substance that NOTHING dissolves.  yes, the got the Kimono  ... they got in through the lock keyhole on my wardrobe . 

Goodbye kimono  ....  it got cut up and a few undamaged bits were used for other things .    :(

Party at Jim's house

I haven't partied since 1982. I gave it all up. Kept seeing spots...N.Y. Michigan.L.A. Las Vegas.

• Like 1

We have them in the paddock near my place, got a hill with an amazing outlook to the east  to the ocean and west up the valley, to the north an escarpment with a waterfall .  We chuck a shitload of wood together and have a raging fire.  had one 3 nights ago, it was nice and laid back (I prefer that) with only one drunk idiot .

he was so drunk that from just being near him, I got a hangover ... and I dont drink !    But when it was 'time to go' he was compliant  (he remembered what happened last last time  he did this and I asked him nicely to leave and he didnt   ;) .... sometimes, when people drink a lot, they forget   the lessons of the past . 

That is why it is really important to make sure those type of lessons really 'embed'  into the memory   :)  .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I was attending a party on our block in the 70's. They had a pool. I had been drinking. I got lost and swam to the body thinking it was the top. Pretty scary for a few seconds. It was Taquilla. When I got out, I sat in bewilderment, and had a beer. I was so "spaced out." It was like I seperated from me.

• Like 1

There was a person (a guy) living in my area who wanted to be my friend (someone to use) but he was constantly either drunk or stoned.  The last time I allowed him on my property was when he came over stoned and walked right into the fish pond.  I told him I never wanted him coming over drunk or stoned again.  He never came over again.  I guess he never got sober.  (He was the second one I had to do that to.)

There was a person (a guy) living in my area who wanted to be my friend (someone to use) but he was constantly either drunk or stoned.  The last time I allowed him on my property was when he came over stoned and walked right into the fish pond.  I told him I never wanted him coming over drunk or stoned again.  He never came over again.  I guess he never got sober.  (He was the second one I had to do that to.)

I bet you shot him then forgot you had done so. He's probably the mulch in your rose bushes. See if there are any watches, buttons or belt buckles in the flower beds.

• Like 2

The behaviors that go along with Substance Abuse are behaviors that would have not happened otherwise. Going through the 60's and early 70's we thought it was "cool" and well accepted to be "dopey."