Junko

The origin of mankind

This is the one thing you don't get to learn at school.

There are a lot of things that are not taught in school that should be taught by someone. 

• Like 1

I have a friend in America who is a mother of 4 children.She doesn't send her children to the school at all. Educations are all by internet.

• Like 1

Ohohoh-be careful here, anger or such feeling only one feels when somehow others are opposite from your opinion. It doesn't have to be like that on my thread. This thread is quite peaceful after all.

Don't worry , the word doesn't imply the sentiment is at hand. And , like you said , the thread is rather peaceful after all.

(but   Someone has to play the devils advocate or the court is rigged for the jury to come to a directed decision. Personally I dont think it appropriate for me to declare someones sentiments as 'universally' wrong , sometimes sentiments are justified by logic , and sometimes they are validated just by virtue of being genuine.  I do  think Mh is correct that hate really is bred in conditions of long term un-resolvable conflict. And its that aspect which I think important to note.  but its not a rationally- arrived- at state , so one cant really expect to have it fit within rational boundaries , and indeed I think any of us should be able to at least understand why other people may end up 'doing' it., whether we personally approve of the .. application in a particular instance, or not . Its easy to have compassion for the weak soft gentle tame and innocent , and its not so easy having it for the rough angry wild and aware person.   Just perhaps, the greater good is done if one can extend compassion That much farther. .. and here, my statement serves as opportunity to spread a message against a clear backdrop)  

• Like 1

No argument.  I can, and still do, anger and even revenge.  To be angered is going to happen.  So we get revenge or we let it go.  Holding to that whatever without doing anything about it is what breeds hate.  Hate effects only our self.  So we are taking a double hit.  Only makes our life more difficult.

Did you mean revenge or justice. You are an anarchist so perhaps you do ascribe to the former. Revenge can be a non objective action bereft of evidence. It can be an emotional reaction devoid of reason.

I have a friend in America who is a mother of 4 children.She doesn't send her children to the school at all. Educations are all by internet.

Yes, it is a lot easier now to home school your children with the internet.

Did you mean revenge or justice. You are an anarchist so perhaps you do ascribe to the former. Revenge can be a non objective action bereft of evidence. It can be an emotional reaction devoid of reason.

Yes, I did mean revenge.  Justice is such a subjective concept.  Justice would be that I was not wronged in the first place.  Revenge is focused retribution.  The return of a favor, if you will.

• Like 2

No argument.  I can, and still do, anger and even revenge.  To be angered is going to happen.  So we get revenge or we let it go.  Holding to that whatever without doing anything about it is what breeds hate.  Hate effects only our self.  So we are taking a double hit.  Only makes our life more difficult.

Thanks Marbles !  

I just understood why I dont do hate .....   yes, that could 'ferment ' (breed)   hate .    I either get revenge ,  know I am going to get revenge at a future more suitable date (so, its sorted, just waiting for the best time *   ^_^  )   or drop it . 

* like the other night when I had to do a quick and urgent trip to the dry composting loo ... the kids had filled it to the brim with spiky sugarcane mulch .... which of course I didnt notice in the dark ... so I sat right on it .... and  with no where for the **** to go but  ...... ( I will spare you the details )  .

Didnt say a word ... I will wait till they have the runs or something, are on the can then steal the toilet paper    :P

• Like 1

Ohohoh-be careful here, anger or such feeling only one feels when somehow others are opposite from your opinion. It doesn't have to be like that on my thread. This thread is quite peaceful after all.

peace-man1.jpg

• Like 2

There are a lot of things that are not taught in school that should be taught by someone. 

I had the wonderful experience to be able to address that ... I taught a life skills course for year 9 and 10 .  At first, even the school council couldnt comprehend what I was on about  ...  I explained it like this ;  There are many skills needed to get by and have a good life, one person might learn something very valuable, from, say,  studying philosophy, anthropology, etc, but if a child does not graduate, or go to University or chooses another career, they will miss out on that, and a whole lot of other stuff. 

After a while, the case I presented was accepted ; the curriculum was based on a 4 elemental model ;

fire - individuality, inspiration, individuation,  moving towards adulthood ....  'spirituality' (from an eclectic perspective). 

water - emotions and feelings , how they effect us ... the difference between and emotive reaction and an intellectual response  ( we had some funny 'psycho drama; with that ) , and other stuff. 

air - intellect, how to learn better  ( any thing from identifying 'learning types' through to gaining reading comprehension, looking at how we learn, speed reading , etc . 

earth - physicality ; health *  ,  nutrition and cooking, building a shelter and construction (bamboo ) ... martial arts    :)   (aikido seemed the best for it )  , middle eastern drumming ....  heaps of stuff .

I also got paid for taking them swimming down the river ... most days   (also the school adjoins our property , I could 'commute' to work by walking barefoot over the fields, or even jumping in the river (in summer, your cloths will be dry in 15 minutes when you get out ) and floating downstream to work.   The school was on the riverfront ... and a pretty amazing structure. 

That was a GREAT  job !

(edit ... pics been up long enough - that was my location,)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Don't worry , the word doesn't imply the sentiment is at hand. And , like you said , the thread is rather peaceful after all.

(but   Someone has to play the devils advocate or the court is rigged for the jury to come to a directed decision. Personally I dont think it appropriate for me to declare someones sentiments as 'universally' wrong , sometimes sentiments are justified by logic , and sometimes they are validated just by virtue of being genuine.  I do  think Mh is correct that hate really is bred in conditions of long term un-resolvable conflict. And its that aspect which I think important to note.  but its not a rationally- arrived- at state , so one cant really expect to have it fit within rational boundaries , and indeed I think any of us should be able to at least understand why other people may end up 'doing' it., whether we personally approve of the .. application in a particular instance, or not . Its easy to have compassion for the weak soft gentle tame and innocent , and its not so easy having it for the rough angry wild and aware person.   Just perhaps, the greater good is done if one can extend compassion That much farther. .. and here, my statement serves as opportunity to spread a message against a clear backdrop)  

Of course it isnt rational.

I am still suspicious and wary  of you Stosh  ... I keep thinking you are going to steal my chips ...

img-seagull-steals-food-169.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, I did mean revenge.  Justice is such a subjective concept.  Justice would be that I was not wronged in the first place.  Revenge is focused retribution.  The return of a favor, if you will.

:D  ... love it !  

• Like 1

Of course it isnt rational.

I am still suspicious and wary  of you Stosh  ... I keep thinking you are going to steal my chips ...

img-seagull-steals-food-169.jpg

I think my intentions are good. .. If thats any comfort.

he robs from the rich ....

and gives to the poor ...

Denis Moore ..... Dennis Moor 

...... what a bore 

• Like 1

Monty Python!  I've been a fan since I was a kid.

One of the guys on my current crew is Nobby Clark.  He's a Brit and has been a coordinator and propmaker for 55 years, building scenery all over the world.  He is a consummate gentleman and an absolute riot of humor and clever wit.  He was the man who cut the coconuts in half for the Holy Grail and built many of the Python's sets.  At 77 he's still swinging a hammer and keeping up with men half his age.  I hang on his every story like a love sick puppy.

Edited by silent thunder

The only difference in between you and angels is a school. This school was 2 weeks long. Most angels had to do an additional distance learning school of 5 or 9 weeks. The people who are in your house have had a 20 year classroom course in underground Greece.

You need to have 1011 years without one 30% builtin body hit and without 10 other bad hits.

These people that have a cloud body give bad hits. It can take anywhere from 39% of healing to 100%. The people on a cloud body are in every house.

Does this clarify anything?

Edited by lino

Justice is objectively judged retribution. Justice is blind, unemotional morality. Revenge is emotionally driven violence devoid of moral judgement.

I think you have your definitions reversed. Revenge is not a proportional balanced response, it is whatever the perpetrator 'feels' is appropriate and is not necessarily a response to rights being trespassed.

Justice is objectively judged retribution. Justice is blind, unemotional morality. Revenge is emotionally driven violence devoid of moral judgement.

I think you have your definitions reversed. Revenge is not a proportional balanced response, it is whatever the perpetrator 'feels' is appropriate and is not necessarily a response to rights being trespassed.

Oh shit!!!  Something else we disagree on.  Oh well.

Justice is surely blind except to the color of one's skin, the amount of wealth and power one has.

Revenge does not have these limiters.

• Like 1

Oh shit!!!  Something else we disagree on.  Oh well.

Justice is surely blind except to the color of one's skin, the amount of wealth and power one has.

Revenge does not have these limiters.

I'm confused at your definition. I think you are thinking of the law as it is applied by the state, whilst I'm talking generally. So, we would judge objectively and meter out justice proportionately. Revenge is like "you insulted me so now I'm going to blow your head off" It isn't a rational judgement, it's whatever you feel like doing with complete disregard to any moral framework.

This doesn't mean justice is always right, but it does mean you are at least attempting to use you mind instead of your emotions to arrive at a judgement.

just reading ' the innocent man' from john grisham

gives me insight in american justice,

where clearly in these cases emotions were used instead of the mind to condemn people to jail and deathrow.

sad really

• Like 1

I'm confused at your definition. I think you are thinking of the law as it is applied by the state, whilst I'm talking generally. So, we would judge objectively and meter out justice proportionately. Revenge is like "you insulted me so now I'm going to blow your head off" It isn't a rational judgement, it's whatever you feel like doing with complete disregard to any moral framework.

This doesn't mean justice is always right, but it does mean you are at least attempting to use you mind instead of your emotions to arrive at a judgement.

Great.  We are not in disagreement of this as I thought we were.  Yes, there would be a lot of judgements going on before any action would take place.  As you alluded to, reacting emotionally would likely only cause more problems.

And I will agree with your usage of justice here - based on sound judgement - fair and equitable.

• Like 1

just reading ' the innocent man' from john grisham

gives me insight in american justice,

where clearly in these cases emotions were used instead of the mind to condemn people to jail and deathrow.

sad really

Yes, sad.  And it is still going on today.  However, our system is established such that it can work extremely well.  It's just that it all too often doesn't work well at all.  I mean, when a person who smoked some weed gets more time than a violent rapist there obviously is something broken.

• Like 1