Brian

Energy Center Above the Crown

you mean this ? '  it shows solar particles entering through the 'void' of the poles ,.... coming from the Sun, but not magnetic lines connecting back to it. 

[ " It is this field that causes the particles to be deflected - they do not strip away the atmosphere. This 'shield' is not perfect however, as the onslaught of the solar winds is immense and thus there is a leakage effect where some make it to the poles of the planet where there is a 'gap' in the magnetic field.  So basically the solar wind can make it through the north and south of the planet, and when they do they smash into the  air ripping the electrons off them, releasing energy and light : this is known as the aurora borialis AKA northern lights.    https://www.quora.com/NASA-claims-that-Mars-atmosphere-was-stripped-away-by-solar-winds-Why-hasnt-the-same-fate-occurred-to-earth ]

Earth-magnetic-sheild-and-solar-wind.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

There you go! :) Except that the 'blue' lines entering the geosphere in the polar regions could at once be open magnetic field lines of the Earth's magnetosphere, if my scheme works out.

ever wondered about those times when crazy shit is all over the place ...  ( and the forum is inundated with wacky posts   ^_^  )

" Electromagnetic fields are a fundamental aspect of reality. For humans, fluctuating geomagnetic effects lead to increased liminality and anomalous experiences. Field effects include hallucination and temporal lobe microseizures. As Earth’s field continues to weaken in certain areas, we can expect more reports of dramatic psychophysical phenomena emerging at an increasing rate. "  

http://sedonanomalies.weebly.com/geomagnetics.html

according to this ... there is a dynamic ' way back behind 'the dark side of the Earth' 

4941025.jpg?784

• Like 1

So now, all one has to do  is  activate the psycho electric body by polarising its two halves ... set them in rotation and align it with the Earth ....  ohhh ... I dunno ... something like going to the north magnetic pole and doing that while spinning in a Shaman's  dance  .... with the great ball of the Earth's immensity  spinning below your feet, you rotating the otherway, with head thrown back to view the endless immensity of the heavens rotating around the Celestial Pole .... amidst the ring of the Aurora surrounding you on all horizons 

"  September 1974 - February 1975 Columbus, Ohio and Boston, Massachusetts I shaved my head of hair in alignment with the split between the logical left and intuitive right hemispheres of the brain. 

Alex_Grey-Brain_Sack1-150x150.jpg

" February 17, 1975 Museum School, Boston, Massachusetts I ate a plate of spaghetti and then cut my hair onto the empty plate. I placed a human brain onto the hair, took the universal antidote, Syrup of Ipecac, and vomited the spaghetti onto the brain....

" May 20-25,  1975 North Magnetic Pole, Resolute Bay, Canada Studying the polarities on earth and in our bodies, I learned that our brains and hearts emit magnetic energy as does the earth.  The North Magnetic Pole is the place from which we gauge on earth. Yet the magnetic energy field at the North Magnetic Pole wanders in a slow erratic path, shifting it’s position several degrees every year, never giving perfectly accurate compass bearings because of this polar wandering effect. I flew and snowmobiled up to the North Magnetic Pole, located in the Arctic. Inside the magnetic field my compass needle spun around. The sun circled overhead around the clock. I wandered across the ice desert, then took off my clothes and ran around in a circle. I felt I had dissolved into a pure energy state and become one with the magnetic field surrounding the earth. "

Alex_Grey-Polar_Wandering1.jpg

http://alexgrey.com/art/performances/polar-wandering/

....    He is the Dude !      :)  

"Lateralus"

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more
and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to, I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral, to swing on the spiral,
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in.
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out.
I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me.
Whatever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going...

- Tool

tumblr_n5f4h2MqvU1qaoifyo1_250.gif

Edited by Nungali

There you go! :) Except that the 'blue' lines entering the geosphere in the polar regions could at once be open magnetic field lines of the Earth's magnetosphere, if my scheme works out.

try it with some Tool on as background music   ;)

I just got GOT2 and the sequential energy center activation DVDs today. I finished practicing with them a little bit ago.

When I did the energy center activation for the center above the crown it made the inside of my head feel gooey and and pressurized.

It's like if what I'd imagine the gravitational pull of the moon pulling up segments of the earth would feel like if the 8th chakra is the moon and my head is the earth.

It'll be interesting to see what this will develop into.

Yes, GOT II is extraordinary and SECABDE is an astoundingly powerful set within that set. I've been doing it almost every day for several years now.

:)

• Like 1

I just posted this in my personal practice forum:

In light, literally and figuratively of what I said here, Energy Center Above the Crown:

. . .

I will shortly be posting details of a meditation that uses the Heavenly Lord Taiyi as a means of unifying the personal and cosmic Taiji poles, The Heavenly Animals, chakras, and the Microcosmic Orbit. Stay tuned for details.

Also, shortly means over the next few weeks.

Those interested may wish to keep an eye open for it.

• Like 3

It's an everyday thing for me now too. It's crazy. When I was doing things in a way similar to Drew with the lotus, celibacy, and moving yin and yang---it was something tangible but all of the energy and dealings were local. That is, the sources for energy and the things that would move energy were all things I could see or infer from seen things.

After a while, I had taken to the Catholic novena prayers and rosary prayers. When I was in the habit of doing this for around an hour or so a day, I would get a sort of compulsion to stretch upward and it would be similar to an out of body experience and I would stumble a bit or lose control of my body and move similar to one of the subjects in the qi transmission video (except I'd usually fall forward and onto my knees and hands).

Something that I noticed was that the GOT2 movements or the movement in GOT1 where you rotate outwards with one hand to heaven and the other to earth generate the same feeling. The only thing is that I haven't fallen down with these movements.

Anyways, there is definitely something with engaging the heavenly yang energies. The years I was practicing without that component were hellish because I was only really dealing with the rather polluted energies of my environment. So now I have a few things to reconsider and a few ideas to drop and habits to reform.

Whereas, before, I had used philosophy and different idea schemes to help me navigate my mind and get back to different energy states I am finding that the main state I was trying to get back to was the clear-light state that I get from practicing. And now, from the practicing, I am re-experiencing some of the nuanced aspects of perception that I haven't experienced since I was around 5 years old or less.

Definitely worth the investment---first of money and then of time.

I spent many years -- make that decades -- pursuing and cultivating intellect as an end in itself before learning it was merely preparatory. It sounds like your path is similar. Curiously, many drawn to Stillness-Movement and GOT have begun from an analytical background.
  • Like 2

I spent many years -- make that decades -- pursuing and cultivating intellect as an end in itself before learning it was merely preparatory. It sounds like your path is similar. Curiously, many drawn to Stillness-Movement and GOT have begun from an analytical background.

I was also very analytically and scientifically minded in my childhood and earlier teenage years - almost (but somehow not quite) exclusively. Books like The Dancing Wu Li Masters and The Tao of Physics helped me find access to spirituality, along with martial arts. It was Zen and Daoism that first took me to realms beyond the rational.

• Like 1

I was also very analytically and scientifically minded in my childhood and earlier teenage years - almost (but somehow not quite) exclusively. Books like The Dancing Wu Li Masters and The Tao of Physics helped me find access to spirituality, along with martial arts. It was Zen and Daoism that first took me to realms beyond the rational.

thank you gentlemen, makes me feel that I've company  :D

• Like 3

Yes, I read them with great interest, too. ;)

I've started searching the Internet for information about what is sometimes called the eighth chakra, about 18 inches above the crown. I am having trouble finding a reliable name for it (perhaps Padaka-Pancaka in Sanskrit, although I have also found suggestions that this name refers to a document about chakras instead, and I've found nothing of substance yet from a Chinese perspective) and much of the stuff related to it on the web seems decidedly "new-age-y" and therefore a bit suspect.

I know of no better source of information (reliable and otherwise! :)) than the collected arcane knowledge held by participants on this forum so...

What can you tell me?

:D

EDIT: Here are a few of the more interesting pages I've found so far:

http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/hb/hhb-21.shtml

http://www.keepingthebalanceinyou.com/BalanceYourEnergy/Chakra8.aspx

https://deborahking.com/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-your-8th-chakra/

My Sifu told us about this last week. He said this center should not be directly worked with or forcibly manipulated. He said this is the gate through which we can access our higher Self.

It is very delicate work. One exercise he showed us is to form a taiji ball and hold it above the head. Then breathing from the lower dan tien (or opening and closing the lower dan tien naturally). 

• Like 3

My Sifu told us about this last week. He said this center should not be directly worked with or forcibly manipulated. He said this is the gate through which we can access our higher Self.

It is very delicate work. One exercise he showed us is to form a taiji ball and hold it above the head. Then breathing from the lower dan tien (or opening and closing the lower dan tien naturally). 

Excellent point on the gate.  Some also call it the basis for the "light body". :)

• Like 3

This is why something like the sequential energy center activation, balancing and dynamic expansion exercise in the GOT II set resonates with me -- it is extremely gentle and unforceful yet gradually awakens centers in their turn, essentially letting LDT fill and overflow into each subsequent center at one's own natural pace. I was pleased to see A&P make the connection.

• Like 2

@Brian

Yours is only 18 inches?

A bit higher than that, perhaps because I am tall? I feel, though, that it has moved higher over the last couple years -- since I learned to feel it. Perhaps as part of an overall expansion of my energy-body? I don't pretend to understand the mechanics. Edited by Brian

What can you tell me?

The hands are useful for activating the chakra/s above the head (in addition to all the others that you can get near w/ the hands) as the feet are useful for the chakra below the feet.

• Like 1

There is allot going on above the crown but which crown are we really talking about?

When the crown is very well lit - it's about 12 feet high - and it takes some getting used to.

There is a filter about 3 feet above the head more commonly - it liooks like a fuzzy cloud.

There are three creative rings above the top of the head starting about 6 inches above.

What is above the head in many ways is dependent upon where one is at. This is more true here than in the 7 main chakras.

I don't intend to go into what I mentioned above too much because I find this type of discussion to be on the premature side and it can be very programming.

For the most part - all of this stuff brightens and clarifies without any effort or doing - and is easily not something to goof around with without often having a negative effect.

However - as you progress - and if you are not too terribly arrogant in your self patronage - you will along the way see/know and clarify certain elements above the head. You will know exactly what to do and you will know the results immediately - and a great deal will be done with no effort. If effort is involved - then prepare to be sick and deal with the consequences of your arrogance.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

A bit higher than that, perhaps because I am tall? I feel, though, that it has moved higher over the last couple years -- since I learned to feel it. Perhaps as part of an overall expansion of my energy-body? I don't pretend to understand the mechanics.

Heh, gotcha. ;-)

Might just be a chakra boner.

A bit higher than that, perhaps because I am tall? I feel, though, that it has moved higher over the last couple years -- since I learned to feel it. Perhaps as part of an overall expansion of my energy-body? I don't pretend to understand the mechanics.

Brian,

If you don't mind, a suggestion... While I agree that there can be such things, if one is feeling or seeing a chakra above the crown it may be the eighth chakra or it may not. (Often those with 3rd eye vision see such things, but have not yet opened the crown itself.) But, if one is looking at it, one is not really residing at it. In human terms, the eighth chakra is sort of like an universal human (soul) level. If one is residing at the eighth, you will know it and it will be like you can actually find and feel everyone in your heart.

Best,

Jeff

Thanks for this topic,

this 8th chakra stuff reminds me of a meditation that is used for grounding and cleansing. 

It goes something like,

Imagine like you are on a warm sunny day somewere in the park (or whatever makes you feel comfortable, as long you imagine a warm bright sun is shining on the top of your head)

Feel the bright white light shining on the top of your head, feel it opening your head like a lotus or whatever you like.

Feel the bright warm light shining down your head through your neck shoulders down into your belly and filling up your whole torso until your whole torso if filled up with bright warm light. Now the warm bright light is going through the legs, feet into the ground. etc etc. etc. 

Edited by Kuno45

Brian,

The eighth chakra is also known as the "inner heart" in many traditions. It is beyond the local body mind. More mind based types see it above the head, more heart based people feel it more like the basis of an integrated field based in the inner heart (not the same as the heart chakra).

Also, if you search the forum, there have been a couple of threads in the past on the topic. :)

Best,

Jeff

I'm starting to think that the chakra at the top of the head actually feels like it is above the head. This is because many people's awareness is situated near the center of the head. so in meditation, the top of the head actually feels above the head. I think many people believe the energy center is above the head, when it isnt. 

I'm starting to think that the chakra at the top of the head actually feels like it is above the head. This is because many people's awareness is situated near the center of the head. so in meditation, the top of the head actually feels above the head. I think many people believe the energy center is above the head, when it isnt. 

If someone has actually realized the eighth chakra, they know that they are not "in" the body and do not have such confusion. But, your point can be relevant for many who have realized the 6th, they often see and feel things in there local mind and mentally attempt to extrapolate higher chakras.

• Like 1