Sunshine007

Sincere call for Help

Hello guys, I have been having some strange things happening in life lately. I thought long and hard before trying to compose this post. It seems like I am getting visitors when I am asleep. In my opinion I am getting visits by people who can astral travel. Couple time I woke up, meaning my astral body woke up and actually talked to the person as if I knew him.

The incident happened early in the morning. I saw (while I was asleep with third eye??) one guy standing inside of the door of my room. I could see the whole body of the person but the face was blurred.  I actually greeted the guy as if I knew him by calling him uncle. Then I got up (my astral body ???) and next thing I know the guys is on top of me with his knees on my thigh. It hurt me (in dream??) so I called him to stop. He actually told me to stay still and shut up or he will kill me right there and then. Then I go blank not sure for how long and I woke up. 

The thing is, I am having similar experiences on regular basis and I do not know how to stop it. I do not know what they do to me, after I go blank. I feel violated, and as if somebody is trying to control my thought and feelings. It has got me very worried. If somebody has similar experiences and some solution which they can suggest, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Sunshine

• Like 2

Grounding work, a lot of it, that'll bring the Qi down. Are you involved with astral projection? If you do, take a good break.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You can call on help from higher beings and ask for protection. Personally i would ask my guardian animals for protection but who you ask depends on your beliefs/practices.

Ask for protection from those who are able to help and see what happens.

• Like 1

I agree with Gerard.  Too much energy working inside your brain.  This energy needs be reduced.

If the visions or dreams are similar then there will be a root cause somewhere in your unconscious mind.  You might be able to find that through meditation.

• Like 1

It sounds a like a hypnagogic state - it's related to lucid dreaming.  I would suggest you do some research on this as there's plenty of info on the internet.  the feeling a violation goes along with this state so do not feel that you are alone.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

Hi Sunshine,

I never experienced something like that no, but I think like apech that its the hypnagogic state and or a night terror (there you can't move many times like in the experience that you shared)- and if that is the case, it might be good to think of it as not "others" violating you, but parts of your psyche being in an uproar. I do work with my dreams and one thing I learned is that all of the happenings, persons and even the places are symbolic representations of myself - not "other" or "outer" "alien" phenomenon, thinking like that you have also more power. Otherwise you are merely being a victim to powerful outer enteties invading your dreamlife, what could you really do against that? If they are dream images of your own psyche, then you have much more power to deal with it

If you can overcome this quiet intense time you might find yourself transformed and a better human being, you might also gather useful information to help others who go through similar experiences and help them overcome those difficulties - so be strong and don't give up.

I also second Gerard, stop your astral traveling (if you do that) and do grounding bodywork

I would like to share a very good method to ground yourself and clean your energies that I learned from my girlfriend, she got it from a Baba in India. I tried it many times and it is the most grounding thing I found so far... do it for some time, it is nothing esoteric involving breathing techniques or visaulizations, very simple and not dangerous and harmful in any way

2 ways to do this, in the shower or even better in a bathtub

youneed good rock salt or sea salt if possible not too fine satl crystals. make yourself a hot bath and fill it with around 250gr of salt - lie in it, relax, after some time use another big amount of salt to scrub yourself - your arms, shoulders, neck, throat, chest etc. everywhere let it soak in a bit - rub the salt in and then lie in the water again - as long as neccesary

its great for your skin as well, you'll have baby skin again after that bath (but scrub yourself, might be a bit painful but nothing too bad)

you can do it also in a hot shower (if you don't have a bathtub) with maybe 250gr of salt - just shower for some time, and then scrub your whole body with the salt - keep it on your body a bit and then rinse it of (not more then once, you'll know why, you be so heavy you need to lie down and chill out after one round of the salt on your body, cover your whole body, also the face but be careful with your eyes)

you can chant purification mantras while doing this, or whatever prayers of purification you know

some back ground story:

my girlfriend was doing alot of asthanga yoga that time and had a major energetic overdose (she had an excellent teacher, and is herself a teacher by now), one baba found here after she collapsed at the ganges and couldn't move anymore, he treated her with very simply aryuvedic food and made her do the salt baths, her energy became normal in about a month or so

I use the salt shower once in a while when I'm traveling and translating alot for example or when I'm very tired or some energy is stuck in my subtle body, its incredible way to ground yourself and clear your body energies of impurities, and that in turn might help your dream life :)

all the best, tell us how you are doing, please try the salt baths, any other daobums reading this who suffer from toooo much energy or toooo little energy can try it too, its a great method

Edited by RigdzinTrinley
  • Like 6

Thank you everybody for reply.

Gerard, Marblehead- I definitely have been practicing very hard, so I could have lot of energy in my brain and might need lot of grounding work. But my first experience of astral visitor was before  I started meditation. It was in 2009, I sleeping when suddenly I saw a young girl on stairs outside my room. Then she was inside my room, and top of me. I felt I was starting to float up. I was just curious spectator in the process. I was not scared or panicking and I was definitely able to think clearly. I then thought should I get scared. Then I got really scared and woke up. I thought I knew the girl. There was a girl in college who Liked me. At that time I could not process, how even the said person could do that. I was not educated in these things and I just could not process it. I think, it's the same person and people related to her who seem to visit me and doing I do not know what.

I actually at the risk of being called crazy send her message asking whether she knows magic. She would not reply, neither deny it or accept it. So, I called her and asked her flat out, but she only joked around. That was strange as I was very serious. So, I asked her then that would mean I am crazy. She went silent and ignored what I said and talked about something else. Basically she is avoiding me. I hope not because she thinks I am crazy but she seemed very relaxed. So, I do not know.

Arkx6: I am also a second degree reiki healer so, I actually draw protective symbol before I go to sleep. Well not everyday but in general, when I feel vulnerable. But it do not seem to affect them. Only thing, I think that seem to affect them is my level of practice. If I have lot of practice it seems it becomes harder for them to what I do not know.

Apech: Thanks, I will look into it. I actually cannot do astral travel. But I seem to be able to wake up when some astral body is around. The thought of somebody controlling my thoughts made me so angry, that I am actually trying to astral travel and teach them a lesson.

Thanks everybody.

Sunshine

• Like 1

I don't know much, but I like the idea of the salt showers/or bath, and most of all agree with the idea to slow down or stop your current practice and ground.  Long walks in nature, simple quiet sitting, clearing your mind.   Wait a while and get back to it fresh.

When practices turn strange and twisted, its time to slow down, stop and smell the sage (or sandalwood). 

• Like 4

Thank you RigdzinTrinley and thelerner: I will try that. Actually salt water is also used for grounding negative energy in reiki.

Sunshine

PS: I will keep you guys posted of further development. Today I am going to meet a astrologer who seems to know few other stuff as well.

Thank you

• Like 2

Im glad that I just so happened to visit this forum once in a while so I could find your post. This has been happening to me for a very long time. Not always frequent, but I have been going into trance states and seeing spirits for almost 15 years now.

The spirits that actually touch the body/spirit body don't seem to happen too often, but they are scary as shit, cause you can actually feel them touching you, and no, they do not feel friendly at all, its terrifying. Also, sometimes when I go into trance I can hear a spirit knocking, or can feel a presence nearing me. I am fucking tired of being disturbed by unwanted spirits, so I get really pissed off and start emitting the energy that I am going to fuck them up if they come near me.

Its a type of magic you can learn in the astral world, its like using your willpower to affect the area around you, or to "do" things. You can emit from your third eye almost, like a magic, that you will completely obliterate an unwanted spirit. Just basically think "FUCK OFF!". Own your magic power like your own spirit which is like a deadly magical giant lion! Imagine you are some wizard from some ancient time and that no one can fuck with you. That's one way to deal with them.

The idea is, that you are putting it out there that they are not welcome.

Oh, also, when I used to be fire keep at a sweat lodge, the elder told me to boil down devils club and rub it on the walls for that kind of thing. I never did try it.

Edited by CodyWizard
  • Like 2

after you can use Almond oil or apricot seed oil to put on your skin, should be organic if possible - very nourishing and grounding oils and also warming

Actually based on what thelerner said in his post you could even add fresh or try sage or sage oil to the bathtub, or sandalwood oil (in india they use sandalwood to get rid of strange energies) my girlfriend did that with lavender oil for me one time - I felt like earth itself after that bath and slept 13hours straight, I was traveling through half europe in 2 weeks before that, translating for one of my lamas, my girlfriend saw me and put me into the salt bath immidiately - was sooooo good, like a day in a spa just cheaper and bigger results

dont use soap when you do the baths or showers, just hot water (as hot as you can stand!!! should be HOT) and salt (all together 500gr for the bath or 250gr for the shower)

repeat for some days, and see what happens to your day to day life and dream life

also I want to remind you again that you are most probably meeting parts of your own psyche, maybe split off parts? I can't say that for sure of course but I do think it is a better working basis to overcome this obstacle then the idea that magicians or shamans or enteties are attacking you, I mean ok maybe they do - maybe, who knows. but I got a feeling that you are not under any sort of attack from the "outside" :)

I do guess work here, but I will try to tell you why I think it is not from the outside.... you can agree or disagree

I actually more and more believe that the ideas of "inside" and "outside" are not a good way to deal with reality

when I was in Psychotherapy my gestalt therapist even proposed that everytime you think this or that person is like this and that, has this and that charackter and this and that problem, as soon as those thoughts pop up, he said just stop and ask yourself why AM I LIKE THIS AND THAT, WHY DO I HAVE THIS AND THAT CHARACKTER AND PROBLEM? a 180 degree shift in perception - because most of what we think of as out there is just our "ideas" projected unto something inexpressible anyway.

he also said as long as we think situtaions out there, people out there are the source of our problems and suffering we basically confirm that we are weak and victims - better to take responsebility for ourselves and our problems - because then we can do something about it - we can't change the outside world too much to conform to our imagined needs and wants anyway - better investigate and work with our minds

that is the same basic working position of all the mahayana mind training teachings I received, so also Buddha and Buddhist masters of India and Tibet work on the basis of not looking for faults, problems, obstacles "out there" but "in here" they are just more radical because even if it is obviously really obviously not your fault but comming from an "outside" aggressor well still its your fault because of previous Karma so one should be happy to be able to go through this Karmic effect and let it go, practice the paramita of patience

shantideva says in his "entering the way of a Bodhisattva"

there is no greater evil then anger

therefor there is no great austerity then patience

an very simple example for this (the level of western psychology, not eastern psychology): you go to work and meet one of your co workers, you look at this person and want to ask him "why are you so tired, you look so stressed" - just stop a second, don't ask this person and ask that quesiton yourself "why am I so tired and stressed?" most of our interactions with other people are based on our projections and introjections etc.

I also think you will overcome this problem somehow and slowly have alot of precious insights into human nature - and I wish that to you as well :)

stay strong and yes take a break from practice - reduce it a bit and simmer down, integration of new energies and insights is as important as opening them up in my experience

Edited by RigdzinTrinley
  • Like 5

so many possibilities as to why this is occurring. 

Maybe unbeknownst to you, you have violated the dwelling place of some spirit - angered and insulted, its now out to disturb you. Its a common problem. It could have happened when you were in the park or forest and had to pee and happened that you peed on some spirit's domain. Or some people they like to abandon their problems and so they go into the woods and start doing crazy things, like take off all their clothes and dance, or maybe have sex or masturbate thinking such will empower them without realizing the consequences of such wanton actions. 

To resolve the issue you will have to determine beyond any doubt the precise cause - is it simply your mental projection, or are the 'visits' really manifesting from external energetic forces? Or perhaps a bit of both, which is quite common. 

The bad news is its usually a combo - you have either consciously or unconsciously invited these visits, so in one sense, 'they' or 'it' originated from your own mental field. Maybe you were dabbling in something you thought were harmless, and accidentally over-stepped some boundary, which then resulted in some residual energy brought back into your conscious zone.

Sometimes people try to experiment without having properly or formally prepared some sort of protective ritual - they 'go' off to unknown zones and lord knows what 'memories' they gather there, and then bring these back with them. Some of these memories could be pleasant ones, which they then tend to re-generate or re-play over and over, because it feels good, and after a while, a kind of palpable, sensate or surreal 'entity' or 'entities' can begin to take shape or take birth. 

At other times the memories could be very ugly, or traumatic... in which case, the tendency for self-preservation dictates that these memories automatically get shoved deep to the back of the mind, or buried quickly within the subconscious somewhere, just waiting for germination. In this case, each time you try to do any sort of practice, be it spiritual or psychological, even if its simple visualization exercises, you will get either little glimpses, or perhaps glaring in-your-face sort of experiences. It sometimes feels as if you are inside a room with windows all round, and from time to time, you feel as if you see 'eyes' looking at you from the outside which you will find very unsettling and uncomfortable. The more you practice, the more real the 'eyes' get. Then what do you do? 

You can either fight them, in which case there could be two outcomes: One is you vanquish these prying eyes, and they leave your space for good, or Two, they vanquish you, and forcefully take over your space. 

If you don't think you want to fight them, you can try to pacify them and make peace with them. This can be, and usually is, a very long process which requires great resolve and mental stamina - Have you got what it takes to pick this option? 

Or you could turn to the 'experts' for help. Plenty of them out there with all sorts of claims. Just look at youtube and you will know whats it like. Some could be very costly - tens of thousands of dollars apparently, according to testimonials i have read here on the forum. One session apparently won't be enough - they tend to make you more vulnerable and a sort of dependency mode usually follows. This is a tricky option, like getting out of the frying pan and into a hot fire, in which case all the salt baths in the world will not be able to replenish the agonizing loss of money and the stress from having to depend on your 'exorcist' for validation that all is good and under control. 

This is basically the summary or gist of your dilemma. 

My advice is this:

You need to know for sure what you are dealing with. No one here can decide and administer help in an effective manner because you are an unknown face. To be able to actually assist you properly many factors have to be taken into consideration. Your habits mostly. Then your face have to be studied, especially your eyes. An authentic exorcist or spiritual master need to look at your eyes first of all. They usually tell the whole story. 

In my tradition, we have various mantras of wrathful protectors which are very effective for transforming and/or subduing malevolent energies, but unfortunately for them to be effective they have to be 'tuned' individually and in person too because the master have to imbue the mantra with his or her awakened energy, otherwise its no different from chanting 'baa baa black sheep', or maybe slightly better than that... it might work to a small degree, but then again, might not work at all. 

So don't be overly believing of what advice comes thru here, even though these are all sincere and genuine, nonetheless, you will not get very far because they are too generalized. 

Its up to you how determined you are to resolve this issue. 

My tip is to approach and speak to a Vajrayana master if you have access to a centre or group near you. Just go and meet someone there, ask for a private chat, tell your problem to whoever it is who seems friendly and receptive and see if there's affinity there. If there is, you will eventually meet someone who will freely assist you with a permanent solution. 

Sometimes it could be that you will meet a master and after listening to you, he or she will laugh in your face and tell you to go away. This doesn't mean that he or she hasn't done anything for you. A lot of times because we are too preoccupied with our own sufferings we fail to see the master had already done something to make the problem go away. But because of ignorance, we become blind to it and fall back on our delusional beliefs. Its good to be open and receptive should you ever get to meet such a master. 

A lot of what happened had to do with your affinity, and how it will all pan out will also depend on precisely this. 

• Like 3

Lots of great stuff here - another quick little method is lying flat on the floor face down, with the forehead pushed into the ground. Its a simple kind of protestation posture which helps me.

• Like 2

Well Thank you guys for your help.

I had said, I will keep you guys updated about my progress, here it is.

I went to meet this astrologer today who knows other stuff as well. He looked into my birth charts and said, due to planetary motions I was weak so I was attacked by whatever entity. Kind of like vampirism for energy. And I was being attacked regularly for last 7-8 years. But it got worse in last one year. But he said since my planetary influence will be positive from January, I will be strong and they will be no longer able to attack me. I asked whether I can stop this before January. He tried to dissuade me from that as only two months is left. But when I insisted he said healing can be only performed on new moon day. As the new moon day just passed we have to wait for a month. And also during the healing I will know the identity of attacker, who he described as low level practitioner. And he also promised me to teach the method of healing (fingers crossed :) ). So, lets see what happens.

Sunshine 

Also, pour a line of sea salt around your bed, sage/smudge.sweetgrass the room often. Also, its been heard that Reiki attunements can open the practitioner to issues when the one doing the attunement already had pre-existing issues such as possession, etc. This maybe happened to me (long story). This could also be an incubus/succubus experience. Never give in or surrender to them, they will turn from violent to seductive, create pleasurable sensations in you, make you think that they are your friends, and sink deeper into you. Stay in protective mode.

• Like 2

Dabblers get into problems like this.

The Niwan starts to pop, but without a proper solid foundation = Lower and Middle Tan Tien- MCO etc- these problems are common.

Your energetic flow is "top heavy"

Then the Jing gets depleted

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Dabblers get into problems like this.

The Niwan starts to pop, but without a proper solid foundation = Lower and Middle Tan Tien- MCO etc- these problems are common.

Your energetic flow is "top heavy"

Then the Jing gets depleted

SotG, in your opinion, how much time should be spent building up the lower Tan Tiens and what are the signs that one could safely move on?

Thanks

• Like 3

You say that your call for help is sincere, but I don't believe you.

You have been offered some reasonable advice, some ideas that might actually make sense, methods that might help; but you seek out an astrologer, whose advice allows you to wait, to not have to change the way you think, to not have to ask yourself any real questions.

I hope that your nightmares cease. My advice is to seek out the real reason you're having them.

• Like 1

1. The Victim: The Victim's stance is "Poor me!" The Victim feels victimized, oppressed, helpless, hopeless, powerless, ashamed, and seems unable to make decisions, solve problems, take pleasure in life, or achieve insight. The Victim, if not being persecuted, will seek out a Persecutor and also a Rescuer who will save the day but also perpetuate the Victim's negative feelings.

The Rescuer: 

220px-Karpman_drama_triangle-2.png

Karpman drama triangle

The rescuer's line is "Let me help you." A classic enabler, the Rescuer feels guilty if he/she doesn't go to the rescue. Yet his/her rescuing has negative effects: It keeps the Victim dependent and gives the Victim permission to fail. The rewards derived from this rescue role are that the focus is taken off of the rescuer. When he/she focuses their energy on someone else, it enables them to ignore their own anxiety and issues. This rescue role is also very pivotal, because their actual primary interest is really an avoidance of their own problems disguised as concern for the victim’s needs.

The Persecutor: The Persecutor insists, "It's all your fault." The Persecutor is controlling, blaming, critical, oppressive, angry, authoritative, superior

• Like 3

Dustybeijing: Thanks for your good wishes. Now coming to whether my call for help is sincere or not as I went to meet the an astrologer is concerned, I will try to explain. 

First of all, I have taken in all the advice given to me and I am going to apply them selectively of course. So, me waiting for one month and not trying to find the real reason do not arise. And for the sake clarity I would like to list these advice serially.

1. I should take it easy and do some grounding work as I may have lot of energy in my head causing me to see things which might be my own projections rather than some external entity attacking me. 

>>>I have already reduced my practice and observing myself to the best of my ability to point the possible reason for these nightmares.

2. I should do some detox and salt water baths are helpful. 

>>> Well I have not bought rock salt yet. But i am planning to buy it.

3. I should mentally reject the intruder (if it is external that is) and apply some protective method.

>>> I am reiki second degree practitioner so, I apply power symbol when I feel vulnerable.

There are other  advice to but we will live it at the moment.

So, we can summarize all the diagnosis into three categories.

1. The experience could be due internal agency. That is me.
2. The experience could be due to external agency.

3. Or it could be due to combination of both with one feeding of with of other.

So, to solve the problem, I need to have clear mind which can be achieved by balancing energy in my head and by the help of detox. Then, I will be able to see things clearly and maybe reach the bottom of the problem. And if I see the problem as internal, the deal with it and not run from it as you put it. 

I thought long and hard but I think the problem is number 3, as number 2 do not come alone. I do not have any defense against 3, that's why I called out for help. I would like assure you it is very much genuine. 

As far as astrologer is concerned. It seems you do not believe in astrology. There are people who do not believe in taoism as well but I think you know it to be true. So, I will it at that. 

Sunshine

@ Sunshine

Experiences on this level are not unusual, but they are all unique and have many different aspects. No generalisations are valid. It seems to me you'll find your own way through OK. Some people have a natural sensitively, others gain it during the course of personal cultivation. In my experience it’s powered by strong emotional connection / need,  and falls away as emotional needs are satisfied. It’s very much within the realm of human desire.

Fortunately for me, my early experiences were pleasurable. I wanted more, not less, and I always had a sense of who it was. Here’s something I wrote about 20 years ago (with apologies for my non-existent poetic abilities)…….

Closeness

In stillness I sit refining emptiness

I have no face I'm empty passivity

The breath comes and goes

Sometimes she comes and sits with me

An occasional visitor

My ephemeral friend, just watching

She comes and goes at will

Time and space don't restrain her

She expresses no judgement

One day she enters silently

Like putting on her clothes

She steps into my body

She feels her way through

Legs, hips, genitals, voice, consciousness

Her energies throughout mine

She embodies herself

She flexes a little

What does she feel?

She expresses no judgement

No she's not a goddess

Just a friend who knows

How to travel outside her body

She changes me

reveals the female from the inside

With me, always there, day and night

My whole being revealed

My body shared

Then spirit guides spoke

And said she cannot stay

She must leave to find herself

The same for me, not easy

I asked why she seems so sad

They said she's a long way from home

She comes from another realm

Here on earth her path different from mine

We cannot help each other more

Her presence fades

I feel a gentle longing

I hope she learned something from me

In the days we walked around feeling complete,

in bliss, like lovers

we showed each other everything          

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 3

Sunshine,  It will also help  if you make your foundations stronger.   Practice wholesome life.  Knowing that you are strong in your morality will give rise to confidence that no evil force can touch you.  Dump  unwholesome  actions & thoughts.  This will take time, but do not give up; keep trying again and again.  This  will be more powerful and long lasting in your life, than any other methods that you attempt.

• Like 4

I sometimes have my dreams overlap into the waking state for a minute or so. Particularly when there's a recent big energy release. I don't read anything into it.

Last time it happened 4 nights in a row, then I got really drunk and it stopped happening. 

• Like 1

1. The Victim: The Victim's stance is "Poor me!"

But other times the victim will remain silent and seek retribution.

• Like 2

... then I got really drunk and it stopped happening. 

I know that experience.  Drink enough and even the unconscious passes out.