Thea Fortuna

Heard a Disturbing Story about Max Christensen

A human thigh bone trumpet, otherwise known as a kangling, is another tantric ritual instrument. I want to own one, but am not certain regarding the legalities of carrying around human remains when I am travelling. :lol:

tumblr_lx3ltd0ejS1qd8b7xo1_500.jpg

Practicing tantra in a charnel ground while sitting on a corpse is extremely high tantric practice.

MonkwithDamaruThighboneTptLG.jpg

Edited by ralis

Not my cup of tea guys. 

Maybe I'm provincial but let the dead and there parts rest in peace.

• Like 2

Been there saw this -- the catacombs in the monastery of San Francisco, in Lima, Peru, have many, many of these pits -- each filled with human skulls and bones to the depth of 10 meters (about 30 feet)

voyage-perou-catacombes-lima.jpg

8AD67EE9ABDD409CB96428602C0A0A64.jpg

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

Necromancy is done by digging up the body so that you can steal the etheric form. so iv read.

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal though, maybe it is to promote his school or something with the mention of his supposed super natural abilities. 

Edited by MooNiNite

Iv met a few people who dig up heads. To them, the head is no longer the dead person's property, so it is perfectly reasonable and normal. The guy told me he had some trouble going through the airport though. He also used it as a cup, it was the first time i'v been offered liquor from a human skull before.

Necromancy is done by digging up the body so that you can steal the etheric form. so iv read.

If you want to get technical about it, etymologically speaking, it's only necromancy when you contact a deceased spirit for the express purpose of asking them about the future (the "-mancy" suffix refers to divinatory practices). The term only became more generalized to refer to any magic involving the dead (or their bodies) following Tolkien's use of the term in his fantasy novels and it's entrance from there into the pop-culture lexicon.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

If you want to get technical about it, etymologically speaking, it's only necromancy when you contact a deceased spirit for the express purpose of asking them about the future (the "-mancy" suffix refers to divinatory practices). The term only became more generalized to refer to any magic involving the dead (or their bodies) following Tolkien's use of the term in his fantasy novels and it's entrance from there into the pop-culture lexicon.

I would prefer not to get too technical about it.  I can do some research if you would like more specific information on the process though. 

Iv met a few people who dig up heads. To them, the head is no longer the dead person's property, so it is perfectly reasonable and normal. The guy told me he had some trouble going through the airport though.

Are you saying one might have a difficulty with customs when claiming a human head as cabin luggage ?   Really ?  :unsure:

He also used it as a cup, it was the first time i'v been offered liquor from a human skull before.

" Can ye drink from the cup I can drink from ? "     ( 'Rite of Annihilation'  )    

Did it have wormwood in the liquor ? 

When  demons drink from human skulls 

And souls are up for trade. 

Take wine and drugs and join us in 

The Devil's Masquerade.

For only a Magus and a Knight trueborn 

And a virgin unafraid, 

Can walk unharmed amid the dance 

Of the Devil's Masquerade.

I want one :      Old Tibet Tibetan Coral Turquoise Armor Bronze Kapala 

bir-00671-Old-Tibet-Tibetan-Coral-Turquo

Not just for drinking .... one can make a little 'stew' in it too .....   out of your intestines and internal organs  .... graveyard demons love it ! 

CHOD-skeletons.-sm.jpg

• Like 1

Are you saying one might have a difficulty with customs when claiming a human head as cabin luggage ?   Really ?  :unsure:

" Can ye drink from the cup I can drink from ? "     ( 'Rite of Annihilation'  )    

Did it have wormwood in the liquor ? 

I imagine one would have trouble if the brain, eyes and flesh were intact and in a state of smelly decay. :lol:

lucid2.jpg

Well he ended up getting it through

Being very familiar with the literature, this is strictly speaking, not true.  Here are two Elizabethan examples of generalized uses of necromancy from Reginald Scott's Discoverie of Witchcraft where necromancie is used as a general term for "black magic" from Joseph Peterson's Twilight Grotto:

CHAPTER XX. When to talke with spirits, and to have true answers to find out a theefe.

THE daies and houres of sat.gifmar.gifmer.gif and the lun.gif (In the following :. . ." have replaced the astorological images, the software having balked at reproducing all of them.  ZYD) is best to doo all crafts of necromancie, & for to speake with spirits, and for to find theft, and to have true answer thereof, or of anie other such like.  ¶ And in the daies and houres of  . . .  is best to doo all experiments of love, and to purchase grace, and for to be invisible, and to doo anie operation, whatsoever it be, for anie thing, the . . . being in a convenient signe. ¶ As when thou laborest for theft, see the moone be in an earthie signe, as  . . ., or of the aier, as . . .. ¶ And if it be for love, favor or grace, let the . . . be in a signe of the fier, as . . ., and for hatred, in a signe of the water, as . . .. For anie other experiment, let the . . . be in . . .. ¶ And if thou findest the . . . in one signe that is called in even number, then thou maiest write, consecrate, conjure, and make readie all maner of things that thou wilt doo, &c. (Direct link to cited text at the Twilight Grotto, Emphasis mine, ZYD)

While your etymology is correct, usage seldom follows such niceties and there was also a tendency to conflate "nigromancy" meaning black magic with "necromancy" for magic using the dead.  Here necromancie is contrasted to theurgie:

CHAPTER XLII.

Of Theurgie, with a confutation thereof a letter sent to me concerning these matters.

THERE is yet another art professed by these consening conjurors, which some fond divines affirme to be more honest and lawfull than necromancie, which is called Theurgie; wherein they worke by good angels. (Direct link to cited text at the Twilight Grotto, Emphasis mine, ZYD)

Before Dr. Johnson set us all straight, there was no standard spelling or usage and chaos raigned (a common spelling of reigned in Elizabethan times) in the field of word usage and spelling.

As for such practices, they are more common than one might think, especially in parts of the world where access to the dead is not as restricted as it is in Western countries.  Jerry Alan Johnson's books on Daoist sorcery have some things in them that that definitely border on this and you can find details online like here:

Maoshan ghost magic

and yes, it is a serious site.

As for how any of this relates to Max Christensen, I don't know.  I have my own misgivings about Kunlun, but this story does seem more than a little odd and a lot of trouble to go to for things more easily accomplished.

• Like 1

Being very familiar with the literature, this is strictly speaking, not true.  Here are two Elizabethan examples of generalized uses of necromancy from Reginald Scott's Discoverie of Witchcraft where necromancie is used as a general term for "black magic" from Joseph Peterson's Twilight Grotto:

While your etymology is correct, usage seldom follows such niceties and there was also a tendency to conflate "nigromancy" meaning black magic with "necromancy" for magic using the dead.  Here necromancie is contrasted to theurgie:

Before Dr. Johnson set us all straight, there was no standard spelling or usage and chaos raigned (a common spelling of reigned in Elizabethan times) in the field of word usage and spelling.

As for such practices, they are more common than one might think, especially in parts of the world where access to the dead is not as restricted as it is in Western countries.  Jerry Alan Johnson's books on Daoist sorcery have some things in them that that definitely border on this and you can find details online like here:

Maoshan ghost magic

and yes, it is a serious site.

As for how any of this relates to Max Christensen, I don't know.  I have my own misgivings about Kunlun, but this story does seem more than a little odd and a lot of trouble to go to for things more easily accomplished.

Fair point - I'm not huge on medieval/Renaissance grimoire magic, but you're right that they did play fast and loose with definitions (and spelling :P )

Interesting links. I've just received one of the gnarliest bad vibes I've felt in a long while after going to the Maoshan site. Interesting...

Oh you made me look and I wish I hadn't :(:)

• Like 2

Oh you made me look and I wish I hadn't :(:)

Thanks for the warning I won't look, and I'll keep my  :)

• Like 4

Thea Fortuna said: "Though they’ve also said quite often that masters don’t have to love within the common constraints of morality, because they are so in tune with the will of God."

Sounds like something naughty happened :wub: .

Don't listen to gurus. Live life yourself :)

Edited by lessdaomorebum

Thea Fortuna said: "Though they’ve also said quite often that masters don’t have to love within the common constraints of morality, because they are so in tune with the will of God."

I apologize for not saying this more tactfully, but this sounds like something that might come out of the mouth of a 13 year old girl (and also sounds like something naughty happened :wub: ). Stop with the gurus. Live life yourself :)

I think you misunderstood the original meaning. That said, I'm not sure you're really paying attention to your own words either...excited about naughty things happening with 13 year olds!? You were right to apologize.

another example of how people will take a bit of information and extrapolate it all over the place.  as if just any old dead head matters!  

There´s some irony for ya.  Nobody listens to you when you´re alive, and as soon as you´re dead they dig up your grave and try to get you talking.  Well I say it´s too damn late.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

Those practices are nothing shocking, nothing new and even 300 years ago they where doing it on regular basis even simple villagers folks all around the europe. 

Those practices are nothing shocking, nothing new and even 300 years ago they where doing it on regular basis even simple villagers folks all around the europe. 

You mean digging up heads of Daoist masters and working magic to get them to teach you ancient wisdom from behind the grave?  Or perhaps you mean the Kunlun practice itself along with the various other techniques taught in Max´s system?

Exhuming bodies may be just another day in the graveyard to you, but to many of us it´s a tad odd.