Earth Shape  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Earth Round?

• Yes
    • No

Sprays what, do you think?

O  Oooo    Sir !   < puts hand up > 

I know this one ! 

I was watching Australia's most annoying weatherman  - Tim Bailey -   he was doing the ski report live from Thredbo, in the back ground a  double row of gigantic snow machines were pumping out snow onto a ski run.  Bailey :; "No snow falling but here at Thredbo they are pumping it out  - Australia doing its bit to combat global warming. 

538817-1a53c8c6-3f8d-11e4-9fcd-2dc30e9f7

Sooooo   annoying  !  But worth watching the 'live shots'   ... ya just never know what is going to happen (because the Aussie public loves' him so much ) ; 

"scientists asserted that “manipulation of climate through modification of Cirrus clouds is neither a hoax nor a conspiracy theory.”"

Yeah.... it is well-known in some parts of the world. Beijingers are very familiar with cloud seeding.

It is technically a form of climate manipulation, and is slightly worrying, as it's clearly going to go much further and someone will end up inventing a Weather Machine and holding the world to ransom, but... I don't think it's gone that far yet.

Edited by dustybeijing

Yes round, but think in triangles as a power structure emanating like a icosahedron structure.

earth_grid1.jpg

• Like 1

Chem trails , con tales.

If you think  it's  'fact'

you are 'off the rails'.

You looked up and saw a cloud

then let your thoughts come out aloud. 

Why bother to spray the air, dude , 

When all the crap is sprayed on your food ! 

Blueberries are $7 a punnet !

Its the cost of insecticide thats done it .

< I can do these all day if you like   wiggle.gif  >

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Chem trails , con tales.

If you think  it's  'fact'

you are 'off the rails'.

You looked up and saw a cloud

then let your thoughts come out aloud. 

Why bother to spray the air, dude , 

When all the crap is sprayed on your food ! 

Blueberries are $7 a punnet !

Its the cost of insecticide thats done it .

< I can do these all day if you like   wiggle.gif  >

Nungali, we have a Mystical Poetry Thread -- you may want to contribute there with these while you're on a roll. 

Edited by Taomeow

I thought they were more 

sociopolitical

rather than anything at all

mystical ?

Just see it as a 

demonstration - 

the opposite of

punishing with 

uncreation. 

:glare:

I thought they were more 

sociopolitical

rather than anything at all

mystical ?

Just see it as a 

demonstration - 

the opposite of

punishing with 

uncreation. 

:glare:

The opposite of punishing is rewarding. 

I noticed you like to reward, on occasion, those who successfully demonstrate their mastery of conditioned responses, and punish those who fail to. 

You are far from alone in this, so I'm guessing it must be somehow rewarding.

Edited by Taomeow

Well he's wrong on point #1, so I stopped listening.

I've seen the curvature of the horizon with my own eyes.

But what would the world be without wild and pointless conspiracy theories?

• Like 2

I clicked on some of these flat earth vids and now my recommended for you list on youtube is nothing but this stuff.  I have watched some and all their arguments that I have seen so far are not only wrong but laughably so.  

• Like 2

Well he's wrong on point #1, so I stopped listening.

I've seen the curvature of the horizon with my own eyes.

But what would the world be without wild and pointless conspiracy theories?

I got as far as number 7, when he made a claim I know very well to be absolutely false:

"Because of the height of the towers (693 ft or 211 m) and their distance apart (4,260 ft or 1,298 m), the curvature of the Earth's surface had to be taken into account when designing the bridge—the towers are 1 58 inches (41.275 mm) farther apart at their tops than at their bases; they are not parallel to each other."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verrazano%E2%80%93Narrows_Bridge

But what do civil engineers know about it? Clearly, if youtube had existed before the VZ bridge was built, they could have saved themselves a lot of effort by building simple, straight, parallel towers.

What I'm wondering is, do those doubting the obvious actually mean it literally, or symbolically? I like TaoMeow's offerings (which I always do) because they're thought-provoking and well-founded (and well-written), but she's writing from another dimension.

The other voices on the matter just come across as mundane internet trolling.

• Like 1

It'd be educational if people could go to the Adler Planetarium in Chicago which has a great section on the history of Astronomy; full of the how, why's and when scientists and astronomers and mathematicians and geographers came up with modern theory.  It goes piece by piece through history.

It is respectful of the flat earthers and moves through their theory.  Showing how it evolved greater number of spheres/planes, that the sun, moon, planets as it went on.  A big problem for them was the retrograde movement of planets, that is when they move backwards in there allotted orbits (http://earthsky.org/space/what-is-retrograde-motion).  That stumped the best minds of the day. 

Then you have Galileo coming around with a telescope, seeing planets that are circles and have moons.  You have mathematics of Newton, you have pieces that put together, explain everything. 

Pieces came together from different branches of science to offer proof 100's of years ago.  Now that we can send rockets, shuttles.. things with cameras into space, there should be no question.   The fact we haven't come against the famous 70,000 mile giant ice wall is also suspect.  If the earth was flat, that ice wall would be the ultimate question of mankind.  Every nation, there scientists and theologians would be working to figure out how to define it.  It wouldn't be a secret, it'd be as well known as the moon.  

The model the flat earth people present cannot work.  If it were so, the ultimate conspiracy is by God, who's provided 10,000 clues that we're on a globe, and is constantly fooling everyone.   Creating a physics that is manifest in the world, but is just a joke.   This would be the God that plants dinosaur skeletons just to test someone's faith.  One working every split second to show phony pictures continually from a dozen satellites, while making the weather below perfectly match the phony pictures he's conjuring up.   

still, easier to see then read;

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

The chimp had round balls though, not flat.

Great response !    Here is your banana     :)

• Like 1

I clicked on some of these flat earth vids and now my recommended for you list on youtube is nothing but this stuff.  I have watched some and all their arguments that I have seen so far are not only wrong but laughably so.  

Sorry, I didnt like that response   <sprays him with the hose > .

The opposite of punishing is rewarding. 

That is right !  I am rewarding you with my creations poetical   :)

Did you enjoy them ? 

I noticed you like to reward, on occasion, those who successfully demonstrate their mastery of conditioned responses, and punish those who fail to. 

You are far from alone in this, so I'm guessing it must be somehow rewarding.

....  hmmm .... then , I must have successfully demonstrated to myself my mastery of conditioned responses.

... then, there is the possibility that I am not taking this thread all that seriously. 

I wonder what conditioned  responses that will bring up for 'some '  people  ? 

smiley-face-poke.gif

One of those many polls way too inaccurate and deceptive/misleading for me to answer in good conscience.

One of those many polls way too inaccurate and deceptive/misleading for me to answer in good conscience.

Well, naughty up your conscience a little and give us a response.

Sorry, I didnt like that response   <sprays him with the hose > .

Are you sure that's a hose you're using?

Are you sure that's a hose you're using?

Look, thats fine ...  others have been confused about that as well , and who can blame them ? 

One time a young lady did peek through the diaphanous veil of mine intimate boudoir  and being confused by said masked silhouette did think she had been somehow mysteriously conveyed to a certain enclose at Taronga Zoo !   

Elephant_trunk_(1).jpg