MooNiNite

Is the earth round/spherical?

Earth Shape  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Earth Round?

• Yes
    • No

I actually do believe in Chemtrails, but that is for another day

Oh ... go on ... stick it in here with all the other sensible stuff   :)

You know, maybe there are days when the earth is as flat as it feels.  

No .... I just went outside and felt some, to check .  It  feels like lumpy stuff that crumbles .

Oh ... go on ... stick it in here with all the other sensible stuff :)

Dood, they wouldn't discuss it on overnight talk-radio if it wasn't a real cover-up.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me.

You may as well give up now Brian.  Those chemtrails now are seeded with nanobots that have been attuned to your DNA frequency   ( now, you might think you never gave a DNA sample, but  remember last time you went to the dentist ... that was CIA 'black op ' ) . . . there is no escape .

For you or your cat ! 

6f32ce7c56894d07ac4067471c1b4257.jpg

• Like 1

You may as well give up now Brian. Those chemtrails now are seeded with nanobots that have been attuned to your DNA frequency ( now, you might think you never gave a DNA sample, but remember last time you went to the dentist ... that was CIA 'black op ' ) . . . there is no escape .

For you or your cat !

6f32ce7c56894d07ac4067471c1b4257.jpg

Get out of my computer!

Oh ... go on ... stick it in here with all the other sensible stuff   :)

Actually the government openly sprays as a measure against global warming.

No .... I just went outside and felt some, to check .  It  feels like lumpy stuff that crumbles .

That's dirty.

The conformist, too often, feels compelled to respond to voices in his head that seem to challenge his position, instead of to what is actually being said. 

This makes for a tedious exchange of opinions because nothing is being exchanged.  I say A, the conformist says, NOOOO, NOT E!!!!!!  You believe in E!!!!  and it means you wear a tin hat!  I try reminding him, hey, I didn't say I believe in E, I said A.  The conformist goes, hahaha, she believes in E, conspiracy theorist!  No, I try for the third time, I said A, I didn't say anything about E, you're hearing voices. 

It's no use.  The conformist hears voices.  That's the voices of his opponents who are also him -- the disowned, silenced him.    The part that knows that I said A but pretends I said E, because it has to prove that E is wrong -- because his B depends on it.

It gets tedious...  but I have tremendous compassion for people who can't hear what is being said and wind up talking to themselves all their lives.  Such loneliness, even amidst thousands of people.   No connections possible -- people are just used as sounding boards for externalizing the argument between their conforming self and their real self.  And the battle rages on...

I'm pretty sure he was referring to this.

That video was totally ridiculous.  All observations were made from a high elevation.  Of course you will see further if you are highly elevated.  I hope the guy doesn't fall off his flat earth.

• Like 1

I know that ... but you said  , no distinction in language ..... 

How did the Chinese indicate a goat instead of a sheep in their language  ? 

I asked a Chinese friend and he explained it, but I forget how.    Many Chinese words are like that.  An "old mouse" means a rat.  How do they tell a rat from a mouse of advanced age?  Context.  What if there's no context?  Then it doesn't matter what it is, things don't exist by themselves, without the context of other things.  A brilliant language.  Much closer to reality than ours. 

The "rabbit" of the Chinese horoscope is "cat" in the Vietnamese one, derived from the Chinese but retaining an earlier version.  In reality both are metaphors referring to other metaphors referring to reality.  The month of the Rabbit is in spring, when seeds start awakening and two tiny leaves sprout on top -- which resemble a rabbit's ears, or a cat's.  So "Rabbit" stands for this metaphor for spring -- rabbit-like ears sticking out of this place at this time.  But "Spring" itself can refer to the actual season but also be a metaphor for something bigger and more universal: for the part of the cosmic cycle corresponding to "beginning, conception, life showing up."  That's why they have "seasons" in the universe -- nothing is literal, everything is context-dependent -- and therefore accurate.  

I am going to give up on the western way to do thinking altogether one of these days...  it's so flat, you think flat earth is bad, well I say flat thought is worse.  Hard to explain...  but I've been doing things taoist for so long that every time I have to backpedal into how western cognition is organized, I get whiplash.     

• Like 2

That video was totally ridiculous.  All observations were made from a high elevation.  Of course you will see further if you are highly elevated.  I hope the guy doesn't fall off his flat earth.

well i never said I agreed with him, I was just open to his perspective.

• Like 1

You damned conformist  

smiley-face-shaking-fist.gif

• Like 1

I asked a Chinese friend and he explained it, but I forget how.    Many Chinese words are like that.  An "old mouse" means a rat.  How do they tell a rat from a mouse of advanced age?  Context.  What if there's no context?  Then it doesn't matter what it is, things don't exist by themselves, without the context of other things.  A brilliant language.  Much closer to reality than ours. 

The "rabbit" of the Chinese horoscope is "cat" in the Vietnamese one, derived from the Chinese but retaining an earlier version.  In reality both are metaphors referring to other metaphors referring to reality.  The month of the Rabbit is in spring, when seeds start awakening and two tiny leaves sprout on top -- which resemble a rabbit's ears, or a cat's.  So "Rabbit" stands for this metaphor for spring -- rabbit-like ears sticking out of this place at this time.  But "Spring" itself can refer to the actual season but also be a metaphor for something bigger and more universal: for the part of the cosmic cycle corresponding to "beginning, conception, life showing up."  That's why they have "seasons" in the universe -- nothing is literal, everything is context-dependent -- and therefore accurate.  

I am going to give up on the western way to do thinking altogether one of these days...  it's so flat, you think flat earth is bad, well I say flat thought is worse.  Hard to explain...  but I've been doing things taoist for so long that every time I have to backpedal into how western cognition is organized, I get whiplash.     

I get it now ... a cat springs upon a mouse  .... or young rat .  

,,,, look, I do understand the idea    :closedeyes:

Spring - Ram -  

springing lamb 

If you were a pig ,

you would be ham. 

You were born , when the stars overhead ...

no wait ! Its moved along one whole sign instead ! 

Down here, neither has any clout

Its all one whole half circle out !

Edited by Nungali

well i never said I agreed with him, I was just open to his perspective.

Your  perspective would be clearer if you climbed that same hill  .

• Like 1

Your  perspective would be clearer if you climbed that same hill  .

Even if it is a hill, it doesn't completely rule out the possibility

• Like 1

It does ...  what if its a big hill on the coast ... and a sailing ship is sailing away from you over the horizon ... and the last thing to disappear is the top of the mast ... which actually does happen . That  rules out the flat earth theory . 

Even Fatima - the - Rope - Maker  knows that  ( well, she does after that  incident )  ! 

• Like 1

Hang on ....    even if it is     a  hill  ?   :huh:  

Wow man, you are really taking this flat earth thing pretty hard core .....   even hills can be put in doubt now ?   :blink:

• Like 2

Its a natural hill 

not made with fill -  

if you were an adult

you would be a dill .

You were born with stars curved overhead

yet  you came here and posted

a flat earth thread. 

Down here - neither has any clout , 

as I  I would not be here

if NASA is 'found out'  . 

:P

Actually the government openly sprays as a measure against global warming.

Sprays what, do you think?

Even if it is a hill, it doesn't completely rule out the possibility

Good try but I think you will experience failure if you test it.

• Like 1

Have these 8 pages really been devoted to debating whether or not the Earth is (more or less) spherical? Or is it the 'more or less' part that's in question?

• Like 2