MooNiNite

Is the earth round/spherical?

Earth Shape  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Earth Round?

• Yes
    • No

I'd like to build a drone and fly it to the north or south pole. with a live video feed of course. BUt need some serious funding 15k?

I'v heard that Satellites don't fly over the poles... just around them. Which is kinda strange also. 

Apparently there is a giant "hole" at the north pole, but people actually consider it more of a megalithic cavern. 

These conspiracy people talk about it (i know you don't like those folk). 

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread407324/pg1

Edited by MooNiNite

What proof can you offer that the Google images are being tampered with?

ill have to get back to you on that one, my roommate is out for Halloween party. But, basically the photos have squares on them where it looks like someone just used a photoshop tool.

Photoshopping is quite common though, especially by world leaders. 

http://www.fourandsix.com/photo-tampering-history/

Obama..

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2012/05/strange_anomalies_in_the_famous_situation_room_photo.html

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bryan-fischer-obama-was-photo-shopped-into-bin-laden-situation-room-photo

I don't trust the government (and am slightly confused why they put fluoride your water, and you pay for it.)

Edited by MooNiNite

I'd like to build a drone and fly it to the north or south pole. with a live video feed of course. BUt need some serious funding 15k?

I'v heard that Satellites don't fly over the poles... just around them. Which is kinda strange also.

Apparently there is a giant "hole" at the north pole, but people actually consider it more of a megalithic cavern.

Polar satellite orbits are very common and very useful.

• Like 3

In the FWIW category, a much more interesting question surrounds the topic of the location of the center of the universe...

• Like 1

In the FWIW category, a much more interesting question surrounds the topic of the location of the center of the universe...

That's an easy one.  It is always where one of the Nine Flying Stars occupies the center of the Luoshu-derived magic square.  Of course we have to keep in mind that spacetime is a fractal, so the center of a particular point in it aligns with the center of a greater span of it, and that one, with a still greater one, but all of it is pretty orderly and accessible to Xuan Kong (spacetime) feng shui analysis. 

Right now, the center of the universe for a 20-year period (you can find it for any larger period too, but we limit ourselves for our purposes) that started in 2004 and will end in 2023 is Star 8, a good one overall, but the Star of the Year 2015 (the one that aligns with the period star to sit in the center of our spacetime year "2015") is 3, not so good...  The monthly one for right now that aligns with that one is 6, an OK one in this period, and for the day, Star 4, also an OK one.  Tomorrow, obviously, the period, year, and month Center of the Universe will remain the same, but the Day Star will change to 3.

loshu-square-tortoise.gif

• Like 2

You are saying governments do not want anyone on the poles? Are you making this up?

Seems this thread is about just saying crazy stuff then explaining it with red herrings and wild postulations and statements that seem to need acceptance on face value. 

You !  You stop messing up things with facts !    :angry:

There are major international research stations on Antarctica with research facilities and personnel. A very good friend of mine spent three months on Antarctica which was sponsored by the National Science Foundation.

I think Moonninight means they dont want him there ... or others like him. There is already enough trash to remove without having to pick up all their bodies  and ship them home . 

who knows why. A large oil company was going to do some work there, but recently "changed their mind"

NO !   really ? 

Well, then, that settles it. 

Now I suspicious of all the oil , gas and mining companies that have just changed their mind here too .

And here I was thinking it had to do with the Chinese economy slowing down !  When actually it suggests ....

.... hang on ... what does that suggest ?     'The government doesnt want them there ' ....   the north pole is hollow ..... the earth might be flat after all ...  

:o

Edited by Nungali

You build it ? ? ?    Why .... so when it gets  to the south pole, after negotiating  the 320 kph winds , and the  2 meter visability you will be able to ........   ? ? ?  

I agree, it is kinda strange that you heard that ... even stranger that , for some reason, you decided to believe that instead of doing  a quick google search .

dn16592-6_500.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_orbit

This one explains the different orbits and why they follow the paths they do ;

http://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/wlopolar.html

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Hey Taomeow ,

Are you going to address my criticism of your idea about the earth morphing into a top shape .... 

,,, or just ignore that one and hope it will go away ? 

• Like 1

and now for a commercial break..

Q. Why Is there a hole in the ice at the North Pole?

A. because Santa has to live somewhere. 

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread. 

• Like 1

Yeah, In the military.

<sigh>

Did your roommate tell you that, too?

So, let me ask -- do you know why passenger travel really tends to avoid polar flight paths?

<sigh>

Did your roommate tell you that, too?

So, let me ask -- do you know why passenger travel really tends to avoid polar flight paths?

You sure are rude. You must know it all huh?

It is a no fly zone. who knows why. The north pole weather isnt even that bad.  Could be just inconvenient. 

Edited by MooNiNite

I know those reindeer make it look easy, but it takes a lot of skill pulling that sleigh through the ski. How do they achieve this? Practice, practice, practice. And they don't want a load of passengers on some random plane pointing and laughing at them when they get their port confused with their starboard.

• Like 2

Hey Taomeow ,

Are you going to address my criticism of your idea about the earth morphing into a top shape .... 

,,, or just ignore that one and hope it will go away ? 

It's all spin.

You build it ? ? ?    Why .... so when it gets  to the south pole, after negotiating  the 320 kph winds , and the  2 meter visability you will be able to ........   ? ? ?  

I said north or south pole. Meaning I could choose. Of course you choose the south pole for me, and then filled your comment with tons of rude question marks, when the north pole isn't nearly as bad of weather. 

http://polardiscovery.whoi.edu/poles/weather.html

Also, lets just look at the actual forcast in the south pole..

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/antarctica/south-pole

Visibility 7-10 miles

Wind speed: 10mph

Edited by MooNiNite

You sure are rude. You must know it all huh?

Could be wind speeds like nugali mentioned, but i actually dont believe wind speeds are as bad at the north pole. Or it could be inconvenient to fly over the north pole.

Know it all? Heavens, no! Had you bothered to read the link Nungali provided on polar orbits, however, you could have filled in a couple big gaps in your understanding of the planet on which you live. There are a few folks on the forum with considerable knowledge in this area but you don't seem interested in learning the answers to questions you ask (I don't mean my answers, mind you, I mean answers which don't align with your often-entertaining ideas about things. I, therefore, don't take you very seriously in these avenues of discussion.

I've got an in-law who pitches a new idea for a perpetual-motion machine to me almost every time I see him. I listen to his ideas and patiently explain why each won't work but I don't really take him seriously, either, because they almost always demonstrate that he doesn't listen and doesn't want to learn.

FWIW, I think you would be well advised to stop listening to your roommate.

EDIT: If, on the other hand, you really want to learn, demonstrate it by trying to integrate information Bums take the time to provide and you will probably find people treat you more seriously.

• Like 1

Seems this thread is about just saying crazy stuff then explaining it with red herrings and wild postulations and statements that seem to need acceptance on face value. 

You !  You stop messing up things with facts !    :angry:

I think Moonninight means they dont want him there ... or others like him. There is already enough trash to remove without having to pick up all their bodies  and ship them home . 

Actually, anyone can travel to Antarctica and hang out. However, the research stations are off limits and offer no assistance if one encounters problems.

• Like 1

Jesus.

Research scientists did not state there is an ocean of water. The pressures are too great for there to be liquid water. Quote below is from the Northwestern site.

This water is not in a form familiar to us -- it is not liquid, ice or vapor. This fourth form is water trapped inside the molecular structure of the minerals in the mantle rock. The weight of 250 miles of solid rock creates such high pressure, along with temperatures above 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, that a water molecule splits to form a hydroxyl radical (OH), which can be bound into a mineral’s crystal structure. - See more at: http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2014/06/new-evidence-for-oceans-of-water-deep-in-the-earth.html#sthash.aX6QdTdh.dpuf

Edited by ralis
  • Like 3

Most of the information Nungali has provided hasn't even been accurate.

Yeah, I know you completely rewrote this post but I'm replying to your original statement...

Have you not noticed that quite a few Bums give the benefit of the doubt to unorthodox perspectives at first but silliness in these threads tends to grow in response to silliness? Nungali actually provided some very pertinent and accurate information (mixed in with some silliness) and I called your attention to it.

• Like 1

Research scientists did not state there is an ocean of water. The pressures are too great for there to be liquid water. Quote below is from the Northwestern site.

The first link refers to it as a "reservoir"

The first link refers to it as a "reservoir"

I read the paper published by Northwestern which has credibility. The pressures and temperatures are too great for their to be liquid water.

• Like 1

The history of the human race on earth is interesting too. Once again the mainstream understanding is completely wrong.  

Modern science teaches that humans are only 5,000 years old. 

But Gobekli Tepe is firmly dated 11,600 years ago by the German Archaeological institute, with evidence of agriculture. So now they are starting to say that agriculture originated at Gobekli Tepe, which is silly. 

Zahi Hawass was the former Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs, he doesn't seem to enjoy his career especially when discussing with Graham Hancock. 

This researcher believes humans are 1 million years old. 

Edited by MooNiNite