dawei

Gender Option Change

But one could argue that for Age and Birthday... which are system set to an option of Unknown...

And I don't think you can leave it blank or leave it alone for very long.

As a new member, if you never touch it, then it doesn't show up at all !

But once you touch any profile setting and click "SAVE", it will grab whatever is in the Gender option... which defaults to Male  :ph34r:

I thought of moving Unknown to the first position but I really don't know if that will trigger everyone's settings as a new "Save".

please do that  :) 

gives us all a fresh start!

please do that  :) 

gives us all a fresh start!

Reboot us all into the "unknown"   :blush:

• Like 1

FYI:  I did place the "Gender Unknown" as the first option which now makes it the default should someone not pick anything :)

It didn't seem to boot the existing gender... so seems most of us are 'known' after all  :D

Considering how much I appreciate the effort and intelligence that allows this Dao Bums site to function as well as it does, in proportion this is not a big issue. However from my personal perspective I find the gender designation of "Unknown" both inaccurate and borderline (unintentionally) offensive.

I think the best Gender options would be: Who cares? or Why does it matter? 

YES!!! 

I am enjoying this discussion.

But one could argue that for Age and Birthday... which are system set to an option of Unknown...

And I don't think you can leave it blank or leave it alone for very long.

As a new member, if you never touch it, then it doesn't show up at all !

But once you touch any profile setting and click "SAVE", it will grab whatever is in the Gender option... which defaults to Male  :ph34r:

I thought of moving Unknown to the first position but I really don't know if that will trigger everyone's settings as a new "Save".

If you ever need Tech or Admin assistance I will be glad to lend a helping hand icon_cheers.png

• Like 2

Considering how much I appreciate the effort and intelligence that allows this Dao Bums site to function as well as it does, in proportion this is not a big issue. However from my personal perspective I find the gender designation of "Unknown" both inaccurate and borderline (unintentionally) offensive.

Because it is a custom field, we do technically have the ability to choose our own label.

This is the final answer for the new third option label:  "None Selected".     That's as generic as it gets.

• Like 4

now if we were to get sucked into the whole gender spectrum we'd have to include about 6 different options...

Male, female, genderqueer, transgender, hermaphrodite, androgyne, and two spirit...  plus "none selected"

edit add: androgyne

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Got to about No. 5 then thought better of it, as would probably :

a)  Get into Hot Water

B)  Be banned for Life

:D  :D :D

Hows About:   Male/Female/Private  

no need to let the world know your gender if you'd prefer not to...also no need for others to know your sexual orientation !!

Remember....Men are from Mars, and Women from Venus, one has a ~~~~ and the other a (I think you can finish this limerick yourselves!!) :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:  

• Like 1

yea... how about:  

Mars=Men ;  

Venus=Women;

Pluto=Lost identity   :D

• Like 2

or maybe there should be a 'Yes Please' option under it too.

<or did someone suggest that earlier??>

You can kind of tell by the post members make as to what gender they are BUT WHY!!!! do people think I am a girl with a name like wo men jen its Wu MIng Jen aka human no name. Maybe I am a secret lesbian because of my love of woman and have a soft tone to my post. Maybe I have the traits of both genders and can be anything at will round or square it's only natural. Maybe I think it is natural but its really not. OK boys do I have your attention, Just kidding

• Like 1

or maybe there should be a 'Yes Please' option under it too.

<or did someone suggest that earlier??>

"Oh behave"  :D

• Like 3

You can kind of tell by the post members make as to what gender they are BUT WHY!!!! do people think I am a girl with a name like wo men jen its Wu MIng Jen aka human no name. Maybe I am a secret lesbian because of my love of woman and have a soft tone to my post. Maybe I have the traits of both genders and can be anything at will round or square it's only natural. Maybe I think it is natural but its really not. OK boys do I have your attention, Just kidding

Being natural is best, I think.  We are born the way we are born.  Can't change that, it's in the past.  How we use the capabilities and capacities we were born with is what should concern us.  Can't ask for too much more if we are at peace with our inner self.

• Like 1

Yeah, no one has ever questioned my gender or sexual inclination.

Not true, actually...

;)

• Like 1

Well .... you do have a picture of a flower  next to your posts ....  not some animie muscled flashing superhero shooting laser beams out of its eyes, with inbuilt bio 20mm chest cannon firing while it plays 'Eye of the Tiger' ...

So what is one to think ?   

;)  

• Like 1