Songtsan

Petition to bring back Deci Belle

Being one of those contentious individuals that has a tendency to be ornery, I understand people like that well, and know that they are the way they are partially because of co-origination karma. To any who think that we have 100% choice in life, I disagree, or else we would all be walking/talking perfect beings already. In coming from the dirty world that I have, I have learned acceptance of 'vile' behaviors because I have learned to accept myself. It is possible that I am an extremely advanced soul who has chosen to be born in the mud to learn to become all-accepting. Nirvana and Samsara are two sides of a single coin. Those who master non-rejectance automatically master all-acceptance. If you find yourself rejecting, and think that you are simply accepting yourself as being a rejector, you might still have work to do...or maybe not who knows? I don't say let people back into mainstream forums, just to never outright ban anyone, just like you don't get outright exiled from a country you are in if you commit a crime, you just get sent to jail ('the dungeon') where you can still have visitors and receive letters. Some people may look at Daobums as a house, but I like to look at it as a city or village - 'Dao Village' - yeah, if you have a house, and a guest pisses you off, kick 'em out, but if you have a town, and someone steps over the line, they go to jail, but are still in the community. People who have contributed greatly to a site, as ChiDragin, DB, etc have, do not deserve exile. They helped build this town. They are not serfs in some feudal kingdom, but important members of community...for a few people to make overarching decisions in a place that is community built us excessive and divisive. I don't have lots if money now, but I will eventually and I intend to pay my fair share into this place. Its my favorite place to be...probably out of any forum ever. I will probably be coming here for my whole life, with time off...its cozy and neat!

It is possible that I am an extremely advanced soul who has chosen to be born in the mud to learn to become all-accepting. 

It is also possible this is not the case, being just a mind made fabrication, an illusion, a story line created by the mind.

What is wrong with serfs in a kingdom? Their beings are just as wondrous as that of the King or Queen. 

The ranking of high and low, good and bad is also possibly just a mind made fabrication, an illusion, a story line created by the mind.

Edited by idiot_stimpy

So many things I could say.

But then, I recall a saying that I try to hold to as often as possible:

If you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut.

Innit why deci got kicked? :lol:

:huh: wait...  that's the same reason i'd gotten kicked <_<

:unsure:  so why not let her back, especially what with wei wu wei going on n_n

At least the banned members have a good excuse for leaving.  Theoretically, people are free to beguile us with their charm, nurture us with their giving spirit, dazzle us with their brilliance -- and then just go because, oh, they felt like it.  Well, I don´t like it.  I say that if banned members want back in lets give them contact information for members who weren´t banned but left anyway.  If they can convince someone to return, then they get to come too.  I´d assign Yoda to ChiDragon.  DeciBelle can tackle ShaktiMama.  And so on.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4

Yoda is sorely missed, but he won't come back...  If he did, I'd ask him to bring back Mak Tin Si. 

ShaktiMama assigned to Deci could produce such alchemical fireworks that I would have to quit my Abstaining From Grains diet and hit popcorn.  She of the "I will tear off your head and shit down your neck" immortal quote more than a match for "I will cut you to pieces if you don't bow to me, and if you do bow I will despise you, though there's no you and no me except when I feel like putting you down, dear" or whatever the gist of that enlightened teaching was. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 6

All belief systems are mind made delusions probably, or maybe not. I do know that everyone is not born equal. We have genetics, environmental factors, good/bad parenting, people who have had great trauma and are seriously damaged by it. To hold everyone to the same standards is sometimes necessary, yet also inherently flawed. That's why there are handicaps given out in sports, etc. To give consideration with those with illness is fair. Its like complaining that someone with a broken foot can't keep up with you on a hike. Social norms expectations are that type of cookie cutter mentality, gated community bullshit. Not realistic. A village should have a number of different locales, or bars to hang out in...if you don't fit the 'dress code' in one bar, go down the road to the next bar...We should have a variety of clubs here! Like hip-hop gangsta clubs, Goth/industrial, Salsa, and so on, all with different etiquettes. People wouldn't be the way they were if they didn't inherently like themselves.... If you have one group of individuals who are cozy being rascally rascals, then let them have their crazed-lunatic-ville...

Edited by Songtsan

the only standard that makes us all born equal is free will. the only standard on which one can judge many is free will.

What do you do with your free will?
What abuses will lose respect, what philanthropic acts will gain respect?

The belief that we have free will and the power to make conscious and consenting decisions is what makes us unique and equal at the same time.

• Like 2

I recommend a competitive readmission where the banned are assembled gladiator style in a specific area and told to fight it out.  Two submissions or a knockout gains them re-admission.  We can fight over who does the ticket sales and betting.

• Like 7

Disagree. We all have preprogrammed tendencies; knee jerk reactions learned from society, friends, families, etc. Only a few can actually break through those tendencies and choose freely. These are the Buddhas. I have never met one. However, I don't say that Deci Belle didn't freely choose, knowing she'd be kicked off- she probably did. I am not contending that, just contending the system that made it possible for the exile. Its purely selfish of me really. I'm just trying to influence things here because I am attached to them being my way and I freely admit it. That's free will!

• Like 1

Or they must earn their way back in by paying restitution...a specific assigned project that would benefit the site. I can think of various examples...

All belief systems are mind made delusions probably, or maybe not. I do know that everyone is not born equal. 

But assigning status to someone is just an idea.

Everything that can be told is just an idea, as are everything that can be shown. All mind fabrications are ideas, all percepts are fabrications. All is mind.

Can we ban Nungali for shooting a peacock? :)

Serves 'em right for showing off !

• Like 1

At least the banned members have a good excuse for leaving.  Theoretically, people are free to beguile us with their charm, nurture us with their giving spirit, dazzle us with their brilliance -- and then just go because, oh, they felt like it.  Well, I don´t like it.  I say that if banned members want back in lets give them contact information for members who weren´t banned but left anyway.  If they can convince someone to return, then they get to come too.  I´d assign Yoda to ChiDragon.  DeciBelle can tackle ShaktiMama.  And so on.

Liminal

So if I leave my  private contact info might be given to decibelle, .. . . and  ( good lord I forgot his name - that mad Turkish astral samurai and ......    :wacko:  )

Looks like I am doomed for a life of slave labour writing posts here on Daobums   ( Insidious Chinese !      :angry: )

• Like 2

Or they must earn their way back in by paying restitution...a specific assigned project that would benefit the site. I can think of various examples...

My driveway needs concreting 

So if I leave my  private contact info might be given to decibelle, .. . . and  ( good lord I forgot his name - that mad Turkish astral samurai and ......    :wacko:  )

Isimsiz Biri ?

As long as we´re making popcorn, may I suggest a double feature?  First up, a docudrama in which Deci uses her considerable intellectual prowess to coax ShaktiMama back into the fold.  Followed by a late-night action flick, Isimsiz Biri versus our own beloved Nungali.  Not to be missed.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

My driveway needs concreting 

Is that where you buried the bodies?

Understanding why someone did, or said reprehensible things and feeling compassion for them does not mean there should no longer be consequences for those actions.

• Like 6

I agree, just disagree with the consequences...I also believe drugs should be legalized, prostitution, and a number of other things. Call me a liberal then!

• Like 1

Songtsan, you are a liberal.

(And though I am a conservative I do agree with you oftentimes.)

• Like 1