Sign in to follow this  
Everything

What happens if we die?

Lots of interesting thoughts in this thread.

Last year I read Michael Newton's book, Journey of Souls.  He hypnotizes people and claims he can regress them into past lives and also into the time between lives.  Hypnosis is a shaky foundation for this sort of investigation, but his findings are intriguing. 

Most of his subjects report very similar experiences, some of which are familiar.  There is a sense of floating out of the body at the time of death and traveling through a tunnel into a bright light.  Many souls are met by someone they knew in their life, they meet with their spiritual guide, and reunite with their spiritual 'family'.  A life review takes place at some point and then preparation for the next life.

It's interesting.  I can't say I necessarily believe it, but I think it reinforces some basic ideas that I've believed for a long time--that we are connected to another level of existence.

I suspect that no one can really KNOW what happens after death, because knowing is something unique to this life (I suspect).  Any attempt at describing it would be like trying to paint the scenes of a movie.  You're operating in a completely different medium with different tools. 

• Like 1

I suspect that no one can really KNOW what happens after death, because knowing is something unique to this life (I suspect).  Any attempt at describing it would be like trying to paint the scenes of a movie.  You're operating in a completely different medium with different tools. 

Intellect seems to me the configuration to process streaming data, and prediction of a future event is the pulling out and processing of previous recordings, and record the conclusion :-)

Well, death seems to be the end of streaming data which can be recognized by our physical config. We kind of leave the zone of physical knowing and its interpretation tools.

There also seems to be a "being mode" which owns physical knowing mode, out of the coordinate system, and feels more real, if not another illusion. Staying in this being mode gives some comfort as well as tremendous positive emotions, which might give a clue of what is there after we hit the ground.

When I die, I want my friends and family to eat me, like Stranger in a Strange Land, so that they can absorb the subtle essence of my spirit that lives in my cells...I will make sure to put some muscle on me so that I can have a few good strips of meat left....

sorry if this offends anyone, but I am descended from the Mohawk tribe. Mohawk translates as 'Man-eater' roughly. They ate people of Importance, knowing that the soul stayed in the body for sometime after death, and that to eat of the flesh of the deceased would bring their spirit into you so you could live on in your family.

You are what you eat.

I want to to be a part of my loved ones when I die, so that I will actually not die, and live in their bodies.

There is talk on the web that people receiving organ transplants are having flashes of memory not their own. That is because the memory cells, neurons, run through our organs....memories are kept in the cells and it is possible to experience others memories subtly by eating them...

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

When I die, I want my friends and family to eat me, like Stranger in a Strange Land, so that they can absorb the subtle essence of my spirit that lives in my cells...I will make sure to put some muscle on me so that I can have a few good strips of meat left....

I would have no problem with complying with your wish.  However, you need to get rid of all your demons first.  I don't want that shit in any meat I eat.

• Like 2

I would have no problem with complying with your wish. However, you need to get rid of all your demons first. I don't want that shit in any meat I eat.

Word. I would expect nothing less.

• Like 1

sorry if this offends anyone, but I am descended from the Mohawk tribe. Mohawk translates as 'Man-eater' roughly. They ate people of Importance, knowing that the soul stayed in the body for sometime after death, and that to eat of the flesh of the deceased would bring their spirit into you so you could live on in your family.

You are what you eat.

I want to to be a part of my loved ones when I die, so that I will actually not die, and live in their bodies.

There is talk on the web that people receiving organ transplants are having flashes of memory not their own. That is because the memory cells, neurons, run through our organs....memories are kept in the cells and it is possible to experience others memories subtly by eating them...

I do think you're over thinking all the stuff about you become who you eat. So that does sound a bit crazy. It reminds me of this mortal kombat stuff, where they say "Your soul will be mine!" as if one absorbs a soul by conquering it. It's very crazy stuff. Demonic indeed.

So demons use the internet these days. That's new to me. Atleast, you're an honest demon. Can I give you that? You're an honest demon my friend. Hello. How are you doing today.

Never thought I'd say hello to a demon   :lol:

Now I feel like... I've been to places.    :rolleyes:

Edited by Everything
  • Like 2

"What happens if we die?"

If??  I didn't know not dying was an option. 

I've suspected some of the deeper aspects of dreamwork might give some answers to death.  

Cool, yeah! I have a dream where I died and the dream continued:

I drowned down a dark ocean, in a sinking boat. It was flooding with cold salty ocean water. Fear, panic. Trying to fight it. Then I coulden't keep my breath anymore, so it overtook me, I had no choice anymore. No choice, completely powerless. I was holding on to my breath so tightly, and it was so hard, it took allot of effort. The energy was building up, it hurt, I coulden't take it anymore. I let go of everything, and drowned. And as the ocean water flooded my lungs, instead of feeling like I was choking, the whole dream relaxed, the moment I let go and stopped fighting and surrendered. I felt a peace of such grandiosity, surrounding all over me and all throughout the dream and everywhere all around and everywhere. My entire body became light again, free, and a feeling of tremendous peace overtook me. The sun was filling the ocean with radiance of magnificent kind, as the dream began to reflect my new state of being. The ocean temperature was perfect. The people around me, in the water, were happy. They were talking to eachother, greeting eachother. I've never seen more alive people, and Ive never felt more alive. I was under water, did not breath, but I did feel my breathing, but it was not my breath, it was the breath of my body in my bed. Slowly I was regaining consciousness of the fact that I am still in my bed, even though I was in this dream and everything was so real and beautiful. I wanted to stay there, but it was beginning to fade away. And slowly the heavenlike place I was, underwater, was fading away. I was about to talk to this other person who just came over to the other side, as he had just "died" like I did, and we were in a conversation, we were so happy and so excited about this new place.The dream faded away. I was slowly coming back into my bed, my body. And regained full awareness of my body.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

When I die, I want my friends and family to eat me, like Stranger in a Strange Land, so that they can absorb the subtle essence of my ..

Yeah, good luck with that..  B)

i grok they'll have to absorb your essence through memories and your writings. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I might also just try to bury my body under a cool tree and become part of the tree....

Edited by Songtsan

I might also just try to bury my body under a cool tree and become part of the tree....

Now you are getting closer.

What difference does it make if the worms eat you body or the vultures eat your body after the body has died?  As long as it is recycled.

• Like 1

There are 3 dead birds in my neighbour hood. The first is almost faded away. The fresh dead bird does not respond. How can they tell what they are experiencing. How can I even have the patience to wait for the answer, when all they do is fade away on me.

I am not worthy of knowing. I am so unworthy, I know not even one being who does know. So far away I am removed from the knowing of it.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Burial-Pod-2-300x225.jpg

Photo courtesy of facebook.com/pages/Capsula-Mundi

Thanks to two Italian Artists, you can now become a part of a botanical garden. An oval burial pod serves as an organic final resting place.  Bodies are put in the fetal position and buried. This method gets rid of cold headstones and replaces it with a tree, using the nutrients from the dead to nourish new life. Twenty different trees are compatible with the burial pod design. This type of burial is currently outlawed in Italy, so right now it’s just a prototype.

Edited by C T
  • Like 2

Hell or heaven. Isn't that where the idea of death comes from. Where in religion, they invented killing as a punishment for the people. How dirty ways.

From that perspective, I can say I don't believe in death. There's not even a single evidence of it, all throughout.

The idea of death and hell is like saying the water on the top of the waterfall falls into damnation and will suffer when bellow. Surely, the turbulence is but a pleasant vibrancy that exudes its aliveness to the surrounding water fall, that sooths back into the grandiosity of lake in seemless ways. The consistency and continuation of life reigns supreme, like the stream of water. The cycles renew, refresh, and flourish in thriving ways.

So how on earth would killing be a punishment. Rather, it drops the IQ of the killer, for every kill he makes, he buys in to the notion of death. Stupid. Reaper of Souls are the sad imagination of people who fear the cruel punishment of arrogant and ignorant people. I hope we may move forward, renouncing such absurd claims and notions. So that we may live in harmony with nature, even whilst alive. Prior to entering the expanded life.

Thank god we don't have to hear my rants when I'm dead. :P

I'm allot less upset when I'm dead. I hope to be less upset when alive too.

The trees enjoy the radiance of the sun, I should be able to enjoy the radiance of the sun aswell.

They care not of what comes after or what was before. Perhaps they already know it's a good place to be, like this moment.

The expansive nature of the sky and land promises allot of room for life. The amazing amount of buildings and churches people build is remarkable. They care about home. And what is home is good. Good for mankind. They care for home, and tend to it, and it's beauty, so I bless every home for its beauty and worthiness of being. In every way of life, and every approach to life, there is a home. Unique to each. May they all enjoy all the good things in their unique life and culture of being. The full value of their uniqueness of culture prevails. However they view life or after life, it's part of their uniqueness. Truely, one of a kind, for each and everyone, we can be certain to say so. Even in the certain ways of perceiving life and after life, we have variety in their related people. How beautiful that we have these varieties expanded before us, all of these choices, even extending as far as going beyond the horizons of life. And as we turn the globe, we find ourselves in a new day and a new way.

• Like 1

How many times your thinking have ended at the same or similar place you have begin. How many times you have ended your thinking and returned to the same place where you began because you wronged up something.

As old man we go to sleep and as baby we wake up. And there was not even a magician required.

As old woman we go to sleep and as baby we wake up. And there was not even a magician required.

-----

Being old  we go to sleep and as baby we wake up. And there was not even a magician required. ;)

• Like 2

What is it of us that dies and what is it that remains?
that really depends on what one of us is, doesnt it? I like the idea that the person that I think I am is bullshit. I dont want a rerun just like this one, I want a fresh start with none of the unhelpful crap that this version of me had to deal with. I want to be a big breasted blonde babe whos every wish is granted, or some simple coral whos life consists of absorbing light and grabbing plankton. Imagine the shifting surf , dappled sun .. just being ....zippo of stosh thats as gone as gone can be. ...
  • Like 3

Well, if we chop our arms and legs off, we could still survive...so it isn't the arms and legs that die...what parts of a human can you get rid of while still leaving their essential human 'aliveness' intact? Maybe even using medical science. I saw something about a head transplant being possible the other day, although I didn't look into it. Let's say that we took out all non-essential brain parts...what is left?

A living essence , awareness ,feeling the waves moment to moment.

Its how the useless is useful ,and the useful ,useless.

Edited by Stosh

Sign in to follow this