Sign in to follow this  
Everything

What happens if we die?

that really depends on what one of us is, doesnt it? I like the idea that the person that I think I am is bullshit. I dont want a rerun just like this one, I want a fresh start with none of the unhelpful crap that this version of me had to deal with. I want to be a big breasted blonde babe whos every wish is granted, or some simple coral whos life consists of absorbing light and grabbing plankton. Imagine the shifting surf , dappled sun .. just being ....zippo of stosh thats as gone as gone can be. ...

eh, i feel some tongue in cheek in this remark, but still,

beware of what you ask for, it might be given to you

• Like 1

I want a fresh start with none of the unhelpful crap that this version of me had to deal with. I want to be a big breasted blonde babe whos every wish is granted, or some simple coral whos life consists of absorbing light and grabbing plankton. Imagine the shifting surf , dappled sun .. just being ....zippo of stosh thats as gone as gone can be. ...

You are all that already

• Like 1

Actually, I think there was a lot of tongue in cheek there.

As the famous French lover once said, "If there is more than you can get into your mouth they are big enough."

As old woman we go to sleep and as baby we wake up. And there was not even a magician required.

-----

Being old  we go to sleep and as baby we wake up. And there was not even a magician required. ;)

As an old man I go to bed, wake up and go to pee,

go back to bed, wake up again, wonder where the hell I am,

go to pee again, back to bed then as a baby wake up,

wonder where the hell I am; pee..

nothing much has changed..

Clearly when we die, we shed our stuff.  No need for cars, clothes and life time of accumulation.  Perhaps in truth even our memories are just more stuff; to be left behind and its an aspect of our awareness that goes on. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I was just picking something of contrast,for humor . If thats to be my lot, then surely Stosh is gone.
  • Like 2

Clearly when we die, we shed our stuff.  No need for cars, clothes and life time of accumulation.  Perhaps in truth even our memories are just more stuff; to be left behind and its an aspect of our awareness that goes on. 

And no more having to go pee.

• Like 1

@coZma

Wow, thanks, coZma. Sorry can't quote due to me my tablet not functioning properly, but that story you shared with us from Magus of Java is very lovely. Thanks so much for sharing it. I've heard it before, that Hell is just a state you pass through on your way to heaven. And as the story you shared goes, for everyone where he belongs for a while, it sounds like a very graceful way of transitioning.

Edited by Everything

@coZma

Wow, thanks, coZma. Sorry can't quote due to me my tablet not functioning properly, but that story you shared with us from Magus of Java is very lovely. Thanks so much for sharing it. I actually believe this is a good description. I've been hearing it more often from credible people, that Hell is just a state you pass through on your way to heaven. And as the story you shared goes, for everyone where he belongs for a while, it sounds like a very graceful stream of transitions.

My understanding at this point is that heaven and hell ,more than divine retribution are a natural mechanism of erasing an individuals past life. Those memories are anchored in karmic energy and the process may be pleasant or not depending on the type of karmic energy you soul has stored. Both heaven and hell appear to be transitory, like a bridge between existences. All souls strive to become once again one with the Dao and there are basically two ways to do it. One is through evolution of your self awareness, the ascending path carved by good karma, the path of saints and enlightened people. The other is by returning in the original stream of energy through decreased knowledge of the self. This way through the back door is carved by bad karma and is characterized by incarnation in less and less evolved beings.

Sign in to follow this