Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

Based on re-reading certain parts of Pillars of Bliss and some of the writings of Jane, Trunk and others I am a left wondering about a few things. It seem to me that Kunlun contains elements of both the fire and water paths. Actually in Max's chapter on level 3 he says the following:

"Instead of our field moving up the center of the body to the head , as in level one and two, level three flows the energy from the head to the tailbone, creating a cooling effect. By cooling the ascending bliss fire with the descending element of water, we bring a purified state into the core of the body."

That's great, but level 1 and level 2 each last 6 months. So it sounds like the first year of Kunlun one is packing energy into the head with no real method for the energy to descend. Jane attest that this can be dangerous. I would really appreciate hearing any opinions on this. Perhaps I am missing something.

Based on re-reading certain parts of Pillars of Bliss and some of the writings of Jane, Trunk and others I am a left wondering about a few things. It seem to me that Kunlun contains elements of both the fire and water paths. Actually in Max's chapter on level 3 he says the following:

"Instead of our field moving up the center of the body to the head , as in level one and two, level three flows the energy from the head to the tailbone, creating a cooling effect. By cooling the ascending bliss fire with the descending element of water, we bring a purified state into the core of the body."

That's great, but level 1 and level 2 each last 6 months. So it sounds like the first year of Kunlun one is packing energy into the head with no real method for the energy to descend. Jane attest that this can be dangerous. I would really appreciate hearing any opinions on this. Perhaps I am missing something.

To bring your focus to the lower dan tien at the conclusion of practice brings the energy down.

We will clarify this whole topic in the new version of the book. We will also include many new teachings such as the standing five elements and the method for spirit travel.

To bring your focus to the lower dan tien at the conclusion of practice brings the energy down.

We will clarify this whole topic in the new version of the book. We will also include many new teachings such as the standing five elements and the method for spirit travel.

Perhaps I am not spending enough time doing the close down. I am going to increase the duration and I will let you know if this helps.

As for the second edition, I think it's a great idea. There are a few errors in the book, and even though I do like the "less is more" approach I feel there are some things that should be elaborated on. I hope you guys are taking notes from the threads :D .

P.S. I would be more interested in seeing info on Red Phoenix than 5 elements which is much more common (I actually have a very good DVD on it).

Think also of of a revision of the description of the method. I'm not quite sure about the footwork in Kunlun II. Some additional pictures showing the transitions might help.

I would be more interested in seeing info on Red Phoenix than 5 elements which is pretty common.

Agreed, I'm also very curious about Red Phoenix!!! B) Yet, balancing the 5 elements is always a good idea - espeacially before going to sleep.

Edited by Guest

I feel like Data from star trek...I just keep reading, reading, pondering...reading...

"Intriguing"

and I dont have anything to add...

I have been having a lot more qi sensations lately though. A lot around GV9/10...UB17/18...ish. My rhomboid on the right side by the top of the scapula gets really tired and tense after sitting in the kunlun posture after a while. I've been trying to massage it...but the best I can do is lie down on a lacrosse ball and roll on it...anyone have any good ideas?

Edited by joeblast

My rhomboid on the right side by the top of the scapula gets really tired and tense after sitting in the kunlun posture after a while. I've been trying to massage it...anyone have any good ideas?

back-nobber?

MsgBacknobber.jpg

Does anybody do their Kunlun standing? Lately I've been standing up occasionally (just standing on my toes so my heals are still up) and I find it really intensifies the practice. Any other standing experiences, suggestions?

Does anybody do their Kunlun standing? Lately I've been standing up occasionally (just standing on my toes so my heals are still up) and I find it really intensifies the practice. Any other standing experiences, suggestions?

If you have read the forward to our book you will see that I started doing Kunlun standing. It is good to go into from doing holding the ball posture or 5 elements.

Just make sure you have plenty of room around yourself.

Standing "Kunlun 5 elements" is pretty cool too. Lots of movement. I'll ask Max if he wants to teach that too.

High Mantra,

You know what would be a good way to promote Max?

Make a youtube clip of him explaining level 1 and what not to do?

Dont have to give away the whole level but to help those that have it but have questions. That way all his followers abroad can be taught personally?

Just a thought!!

WYG

Hellow Mantra,

I have a practice question.

When doing kunlun the energy clears blockages and more. Now i accidentally have a small infected muscle on my back from sports. I noticed that after doing kunlun that little part starts to get about 5 times as warm as the rest of my body .. is the kunlun energy healing my physical wound there or is it advised to pause until the little muscle is back to normal as the enormous amount of energy could have an adverse effect on the healing ?

I would say it heals but boy i had to stop as it got a bit to hot and even painfull so now i dont know wich is best.

Kind regards, M

Edited by minkus

back-nobber?

31EkYU4Yq3L._AA280_.jpg

I'm all over that...thanks dude! :D

Edited by joeblast

If you have read the forward to our book you will see that I started doing Kunlun standing. It is good to go into from doing holding the ball posture or 5 elements.

Just make sure you have plenty of room around yourself.

Fun!

Can somebody from seminars help...

Could Kunlun Closing Practise be done in cross-legged position?

I hope so, that's how I have been doing it. It just feels more natural for me to do it in that position than sitting on a chair.

I hope so, that's how I have been doing it. It just feels more natural for me to do it in that position than sitting on a chair.

I've been closing sitting on a chair, legs down. Rationale being that if I'm doing the practice with my legs down, the channels are more open, didnt think it would be proper to hinder the leg channels concurrently with closing, should there be excess qi in the leg channels.

Let me know if that logic sounds proper...

Can somebody from seminars help...

Could Kunlun Closing Practise be done in cross-legged position?

I do it "cross legged" on the bed at night. I tuck one heel under the perineum and let the other foot rest against my other leg.

This performs a chi-lock to keep the energy in the body.

I've been closing sitting on a chair, legs down. Rationale being that if I'm doing the practice with my legs down, the channels are more open, didnt think it would be proper to hinder the leg channels concurrently with closing, should there be excess qi in the leg channels.

Let me know if that logic sounds proper...

Heels down helps turn the energy off. Mentally saying "slow down" helps you as well.

Just take it easy and don't worry about it too much.

Hellow Mantra,

I have a practice question.

When doing kunlun the energy clears blockages and more. Now i accidentally have a small infected muscle on my back from sports. I noticed that after doing kunlun that little part starts to get about 5 times as warm as the rest of my body .. is the kunlun energy healing my physical wound there or is it advised to pause until the little muscle is back to normal as the enormous amount of energy could have an adverse effect on the healing ?

I would say it heals but boy i had to stop as it got a bit to hot and even painfull so now i dont know wich is best.

Kind regards, M

The energy will go where it is needed. Just let it do its thing. Allow as much as you can stand and then cool down.

This goes for all discomfort. You body knows what to do. It will contort and stretch and twist at times, depending on what you need.

I'm all over that...thanks dude! :D

You found a nobbier nobber!!! :lol::D

The whole area just medial to the scapula (and digging under the edge of it) to lateral of the spine (not the spine itself) is full of really interesting acupoints that go deep deep into the upper torso, and deep into the solid organs. Super healthy area to massage.

31EkYU4Yq3L._AA280_.jpg

Mantra,

Would holding a different hand position also be used in kunlun level 1? Also does max tell you why the raised foot works better then if the feet where planted on the ground? I mean how and why does it work??

Cheers

WYG :)

Mantra,

Would holding a different hand position also be used in kunlun level 1? Also does max tell you why the raised foot works better then if the feet where planted on the ground? I mean how and why does it work??

Cheers

WYG :)

read, man! its been answered many a time already, and in this thread! :)

trunk..haha, yes...I was psyched to see that one I searched and amazon had a couple different ones, this one definitely looks like it has the most versatile design!

I dont think the question I have have here been answered in this thread. If it has I must have missed it.

Ive been practicing Kunlun 1 for 3 weeks now. The thing that is killing me is my left leg. It never bounce in rythm! My right leg bounce very rythmical and nice all the time, but my left leg is totally out of sync. Do anybody know what to do? I try to just let it be and relax about it, but it is not that easy.

For you people who has practiced this for severeal months or years, are your legs bouncing rythmically?

Its been said that the right leg bouncing is balancing yang, and the left yin. Does that mean that my yin is out of balance but yang is balanced?

One other thing I have experiencend doing Kunlun 1 is that no session is ever the same. There are no patterns, nothing to recognice. Every thing is new every time(other than my left leg). Some times I think that this feeling or movement is great and I look forward to doing it again next day, but then something completely different happens. It is very fascinating!

I dont think the question I have have here been answered in this thread. If it has I must have missed it.

Ive been practicing Kunlun 1 for 3 weeks now. The thing that is killing me is my left leg. It never bounce in rythm! My right leg bounce very rythmical and nice all the time, but my left leg is totally out of sync. Do anybody know what to do? I try to just let it be and relax about it, but it is not that easy.

For you people who has practiced this for severeal months or years, are your legs bouncing rythmically?

Its been said that the right leg bouncing is balancing yang, and the left yin. Does that mean that my yin is out of balance but yang is balanced?

One other thing I have experiencend doing Kunlun 1 is that no session is ever the same. There are no patterns, nothing to recognice. Every thing is new every time(other than my left leg). Some times I think that this feeling or movement is great and I look forward to doing it again next day, but then something completely different happens. It is very fascinating!

for me, when it happened that both legs were bouncing they were not "in sync" too! more some polyrhythm like 4 over 5 or something... i would not interpret it too much, what your body does is what your body does...

and like you i'm never sure what and how will happen when i do kunlun...!

Every thing is new every time(other than my left leg). Some times I think that this feeling or movement is great and I look forward to doing it again next day, but then something completely different happens. It is very fascinating!

Yeah its diffrent every time :)

About the legs: in my case sometimes they go togheter, sometimes they move apart, sometimes only 1 moves :) on average it starts with right, after a min left tunes in and few minutes later they move synchronious. Still its diffrent every time as you mentioned. Im sure Mantra can give you some info on this although i never read anywhere that they have to move togheter to do the practice correct so i wouldnt be that worried :)

Lately my legs/feet dont move anymore (in the kl-1 posture) the energy keeps flowing in nicely, maybe my legs are getting used to it lol. Sometimes i dont sit in the posture and energy starts flowing by thinking of it or with heels on the floor. Also yust visualising the posture lets the energy flow in my case.

Good luck with practice !

*chop*

I'm pretty sure Chris will advise you to just let things happen as they may. :)