Cameron

Lama Dorje

It's an interesting question for sure.

Would be best if Chris could answer but my understanding is it is a transmission of kunlun energy which is different from kundalini.

It's an interesting question for sure.

Would be best if Chris could answer but my understanding is it is a transmission of kunlun energy which is different from kundalini.

The transmission is knowledge not so much energy. We use our Kunlun and Red Phoenix energy to help open you guys while you practice.

Wonder if this is similar to what Max taught you Cameron:

http://www.amazon.com/Chi-Kung-Health-Gong...s/dp/B0008EN6LI

Editorial Reviews

Product Description

CHI KUNG means "energy exercise," the ancient Chinese yogic art that cultivates one's internal energy, the vital life force--or "chi." For centuries it has been practiced for healing, rejuvenation and vibrant longevity. Chi Kung For Health is the ground-breaking series by Terence Dunn, creator of the popular Tai Chi for Health series. Chi Kung for Health teaches the very rare and powerful Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations - a remarkable system of medical chi kung created more than 400 years ago by a legendary Taoist master, Feng Tao Teh, of the Ehrmei Mountain school. Carefully preserved through six generations of an impeccable Taoist lineage, this sacred knowledge is now available to the public as a precise, safe, and dynamic program for natural health, healing and illumination.

• Like 1

Are you talking about Red Phoenix or Kunlun?

I don't really practice Red Phoenix per se. It sort of like the energy flow was initiated or something and it just goes.

It is simple.

Kunlun seems to hamronize the energy.

I am interested in learning The Mao Shan 5 Elements since Craig seems to say it is good for grounding which is rather important.

C

Could I try answering Little1's question?

During "Bliss and Emptiness" the parasympathetic nervous system, this system heals the mind and body and does the involuntary functions. Most people, including me, are stuck with the sympathetic nervous system running the show. The sympathetic nervous system is the system that revs the body into action.

Why do you call it Kunlun energy and Red Phoenix energy when energy is just energy?

:(

a part of me feels conflicted about responding to this because i have felt misunderstood (or worse) in a number of previous posts, but i've come to really enjoy this forum over the time i've been here, and i think maybe i should be doing more just to contribute to the diversity of voices. so here goes.

if i might draw an analogy from this question:

this is like asking,

"why do you call it Mathematical data and Historical data when data is just data?"

the way i see, if i might draw on a little biblical wisdom:

we learn in part; therefore, we are taught in part.

if any of us had the integrated awareness to truly realize that energy is energy, i'm willing to bet that such a person wouldn't be on this forum, except maybe to promote a lecture/workshop or two.

;)

where we are, NONE OF IT is JUST energy. in the phenomenal world, microwaves don't do what music does. or a closer analogy, power lines don't do what healers do.

there's energy healing, there's energy pollution, and there's any number of variants both in between and beyond. but a highly elevated consciousness can perhaps integrate all of it as strands of the same cloth.

i'm not there. few people are, which is why i'm grateful for the masters who step forward to offer us more "parts."

mostly just fingers pointing to the heavens, perhaps. but such important instructions, just the same.

Edited by Hundun

Could I try answering Little1's question?

During "Bliss and Emptiness" the parasympathetic nervous system, this system heals the mind and body and does the involuntary functions. Most people, including me, are stuck with the sympathetic nervous system running the show. The sympathetic nervous system is the system that revs the body into action.

Thank you Lino, I incidentally passed by, as I heard rumors on other forums about the Lama and wanted to know if they "sweatted off" here...

I like any attempt to clarification that doesn't bang into un-translatable and self-sufficient terms.

In my world, if you put it simple enough that a 6 year old could understand, then is obvious you know your stuff.

If not, I'm still searching.

I'm a re-searcher, you know, the most exciting hobby I could have had.

Thank you, but the explanation is something I already deal with. And is not very "advanced" either.

I was asking the simple question: Where is he, and the rest, going with Kun Lun practice. How do they define their goals, beginning, medium and higher..

It's kind of fuzzy, as fuzzy as the "origin" of the teachings.

I still dont say anything about the guy, he might really be a real McCoy, and a pleasant company, I'm sure.

But from the "signals" out here, there is nothing... how can I put it... substantial about it.

Yes, it makes you feel good, and probably more healthy.

What next.

Just bliss?

What next??

Little1

quick edit: I still hope I'm wrong

Edited by Little1

About distinguishing between energies. It is essential for most of to learn to distinguish the nature of different energies, to fine tune our awareness to the degree that we can feel the different natuure of energies, before we can merge them all into a "just energy" position.

To me its kinda like distinguishing drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, vocals from a musical piece. When you are adept at playing them all, you get a deeper dynamic sense of what's going on aside from the aesthetically pleasing listen. :)

so what instrument would kunlun neigong be? :rolleyes:

that's a technique, not an instrument :) you wouldnt call a flam a drum, or a downpick a guitar; just like you wouldnt call neigung qi. I'm only making loose correlations that connect some very far down lowest common denominator...

So I read the book today (got it thanks to Lino who kindly sent me his copy). Very interesting.

I tried it out for about 35 minutes, didn`t have more time. At first nothing was happening, except a twich here and there, and I got a bit bored hehe and started thinking maybe I should try it some other day. But after about 10 minutes my left leg started jumping. So I thought, oh this is fun hehe. :D

Then I notice I`m tensing my right leg a bit, so I try to relax it, and also lower the heel a bit. It started jumping too. Then for some time they were both jumping, sometimes in unison, other times one up one down. I laughed a little because I thought it was very funny. :lol:

So after a while, my left leg stopped jumping and my right leg also seemed it would stop. But it didn`t, the jumping became more intense. It kept bouncing until I started thinking "slow down" and soon it stopped.

Then I spent about 8 minutes with palms on navel.

This was just a try out to see if anything will happen. I won`t be able to give it a more serious (hour per day) run until November at least, since I have to figure out some stuff right now.

But anyway, I have some questions now. :)

1. Can you do this practice at any time? How much time before/after eating?

2. I`m not entirely sure from the book (have to re-read), do you have to focus your mind on something? Or do you just try to relax (that`s how I understood, but asking just to be sure)?

3. It`s not clear to me which practices could conflict with this one. Are standing practices ok? What about sounds? Or qigong with movements (like ba duan jin)? Oh and what about kumbhaka (for tummo)?

4. How important is on what you are sitting on?

Edited by Pero

2. I`m not entirely sure from the book (have to re-read), do you have to focus your mind on something? Or do you just try to relax (that`s how I understood, but asking just to be sure)?

As with any good qi gong - let go of 'trying'... that includes trying to relax or even trying to let go... ;)

Have you ever been really lost in a forest? - I mean really, absolutely lost? if not, could you imagine it? - do you get scared or do you quite like it and relax?

If you were a gymnast jumping from hoop to hoop - the most exciting and alive part is the bit in between the hoops where you're flying through the air - where you're not holding on to anything...

so yeah just lose yourself and find the part of you that feels relaxed as a result... let go of the hoops and fall - let whatever passes by pass by, but keep falling and dont hold on.

My body feels really good after reading the posts of peoples experiences at the Lama Dorje course. The cells in my legs feel happy.

I have a really sensitive nervous system because of a lot of medical trauma as a child. Qigong used to be such a relief. But now any qigong I try feels too strong for my system at this point (somewhat retraumatizing if you will).

I was wondering if this kunlun practice would be too much for my system. I guess nobody can answer that unless someone in a similar position has done the practices. I will get the book and see.

My sense of it now is Kunlun CAN be too much. I feel it has been more or less destiny at this point that my Russian friend from NY called me and said to check it out but there is ALOT of supportive work that needs to be included along this path.

The major issue I see is the importance of grounding the energy. I won't beat around the bush because I feel this issue is too important to neglect. Max told me in private meeting if you do Red Phoenix too much without bringing energy down you can go crazy.

Now I will say something else. I like Max and he has opened new worlds for me but I feel the emphasis on bringing energy down was underemphasized.

It was sort of like..yeah..bring it down.

That's fine because I am, have been and will be studying with master Ken Cohen who places standing emditation as the foundation of qigong. But it is enough of an potential issue for me tob ring it up here.

If I get more conenced to this lineage and go deeper with Max I would teach yiquan standing as a prerequiste before teaching Kunlun.

Ime serious. Kunlun and Red Phoenix are no joke. Easily the most pwoerful practice I have learned.

Even still...20 minutes sitting hands over navel is not enough..not even close.

I would say 1 hour embrace the tree before or after doing Level 1 should be mandatory.

To be fair to Sifu Max..I have not learned the Maoshan 5. It sounds like they might be useful for grounding.

But again..he didn't teach that. He taught us level 1 and Phoenix. It has been awesome.

But to say I am grateful I was conencted with Ken Cohen before taking up this practice would be a Grand Canyon sized udnerstatement.

love and bliss,

Cam

Edited by Cameron

I know I keep sticking my nose in, but witches have a typical grounding practice after ritual--cakes and ale! Heavy starchy food with fat in it will help--oatmeal is good. Oatmeal cookies are very good! Also standing barefoot outside on earth. Black onyx held in left hand, take off any silver jewelry.

And I've said this before--if you can, cut back on the tea

I am going to take the rest of the week off Kunlun and just do zazen. To say the energy/transmission/spirit of this has been a bit overwhelming would be an udnerstatement.

I am totally in the unknown with this..and I jsut want to make sure this is balanced with..you know..the life thing...

I am not joking here. I need some time to process this. It may just be the way it is being taught is new. Mantra told me on the phone if this was ancient China they would stick me in a cave for a month.

That is both interesting..like cool..a fun adventure..I get to go a week without sleeping and basically into a little kid again..I am serious..I could just as soon go outside and play on the swings and jungle gym.

That is fun..but as Mantra said..not the way it has been done.

Frankly..I would rather be put into a cave to process this. But that's not how this working out.

Mantra and Max I apologize for mentioning things you told me privately. I called Max's number to talk to him about it and no answer and this was just too much so feel i need to discuss it.

I havent diceded if I will be coming to SF or not. Probably would be fun but I want to make sure things are balanced.

namaste

Fuck, I think I might be turning into a snake.

*eats pizza and drinks coke*

Edited by Cameron

witches have a typical grounding practice after ritual--cakes and ale! Heavy starchy food with fat in it will help--oatmeal is good. Oatmeal cookies are very good!
Well, I guess weight gain would literally be grounding...lol, if that's what you wanna call it. ;)

Hey thanks for the feedback Cam, you are a pioneer amongst our group here and any things to watch out for are certainly helpful.

edit-

I didn't mean to call Smile little. He is a powerful being and my Tao Brother and if I get enlightened from practicing the system he told me about I will buy him pizza from anywhere in NYC he wants. Might even buy a whole pie..and mountain dew.

bazooka joe