Cameron

Lama Dorje

Cameron, I will be at the Friday night lecture and the seminar on Saturday and Sunday. I have a private session scheduled on Friday. I think there will be a couple of other people going that you haven't listed. Craig

Looks like some Arizonans may be coming also. I haven't really tried to recrute anyone but anyone from arizona who wants to carpool let me know!

For anyone going to the Bodhi Tree bookstore for the free Friday evening lecture it is sometimes hard to find parking in that area. There is no parking on the side streets during the evening (unless you have a permit) and they do issue a lot of parking tickets in that area. In the evening I look for a parking meter to park at. I believe after 6 pm they are free (look at the signs to be sure.) The Bodhi Tree is on Melrose about two blocks west of La Cienga. I usually look for a parking meter on Melrose a couple blocks east of La Cienga or on La Cienga south of Melrose. Of course if you are lucky you could find one closer. Perhaps there is a parking lot somewhere over there but I am not aware of any. Last month the lecture room was pretty full so if you want a seat you might want to get there early. Craig

About sensationalism:

When you get a dharma name in buddhism, it describes some of your qualities, some of your lack. If you are on the death list of the maffia, you have AIDS, and there is a knife in your back, your teacher will give you the name: the lion of long life.

I think that it might be a joke, in a way, since the teacher is probably surprised that the student made it that far :P

The trailer was as dynamic as it was, to get people's attention. It was intended for the masses. I think it worked, but he has learned a lot from the response and some of it does not sit well with him.

I thought that the way it was done had a certain wisdom and frame of thought to it.

The trailer doesn't seem to be working anymore. I guess it caused too much controversy and took away from the teachings Max was trying to present to those interested. Craig

^ Too bad, I didn't get to see it. Did anyone save a copy they could send me, please? What all did it show?

For anyone going to the Bodhi Tree bookstore for the free Friday evening lecture it is sometimes hard to find parking in that area. There is no parking on the side streets during the evening (unless you have a permit) and they do issue a lot of parking tickets in that area. In the evening I look for a parking meter to park at. I believe after 6 pm they are free (look at the signs to be sure.) The Bodhi Tree is on Melrose about two blocks west of La Cienga. I usually look for a parking meter on Melrose a couple blocks east of La Cienga or on La Cienga south of Melrose. Of course if you are lucky you could find one closer. Perhaps there is a parking lot somewhere over there but I am not aware of any. Last month the lecture room was pretty full so if you want a seat you might want to get there early. Craig
I'm intrigued enough to consider flying in for this. But, I'm wondering about the logistics? I have no idea where all this stuff is...especially in relation to LAX?

Perhaps I could stay at the Ramada Plaza Hotel LAX for the seminar (or maybe it's too pricey)?

And I wonder how far Bodhi Tree Bookstore is from LAX and this hotel? I honestly have no mental orientation of LA, just know it's quite huge.

I do have a friend I could stay with in LA, but I have no idea how far he lives from all this. And, I don't think he'd be interested in chauffeuring me around for a weekend (although maybe I'll ask). And, I'd rather not have to rent a car and try driving myself on LA's crazy roads. I don't mind doing it in other cities, but LAs multi-lane jams rather intimidate me.

Is anybody else flying in? And if so, maybe we can coordinate logistics or even split a room somewhere?

Edited by vortex

^ Too bad, I didn't get to see it. Did anyone save a copy they could send me, please? What all did it show?

I'm intrigued enough to consider flying in for this. But, I'm wondering about the logistics? I have no idea where all this stuff is...especially in relation to LAX?

Perhaps I could stay at the Ramada Plaza Hotel LAX for the seminar (or maybe it's too pricey)?

And I wonder how far Bodhi Tree Bookstore is from LAX and this hotel? I honestly have no mental orientation of LA, just know it's quite huge.

I do have a friend I could stay with in LA, but I have no idea how far he lives from all this. And, I don't think he'd be interested in chauffeuring me around for a weekend (although maybe I'll ask). And, I'd rather not have to rent a car and try driving myself on LA's crazy roads. I don't mind doing it in other cities, but LAs multi-lane jams rather intimidate me.

Is anybody else flying in? And if so, maybe we can coordinate logistics or even split a room somewhere?

There is a Ramada Plaza Hotel that is 2.6 miles north of LAX. (Culver City)

If you catch a taxi, watch out for hustlers.

The Bodhi Tree is about 16.5 miles North of LAX.

Here are the driving instructions from Mapquest.com on getting from the seminar hotel to the bookstore.

Start:5250 W El Segundo Blvd

Hawthorne, CA 90250-4142, US

End:8585 Melrose Ave

W Hollywood, CA 90069-5105, US

Directions Distance

Total Est. Time: 22 minutes Total Est. Distance: 16.16 miles

1: Start out going EAST on W EL SEGUNDO BLVD toward S LA CIENEGA BLVD. 0.2 miles

2: Turn LEFT onto ramp. 0.3 miles

3: Merge onto I-405 N. 8.5 miles

4: Merge onto I-10 E / ROSA PARKS FWY toward LOS ANGELES. 3.1 miles

5: Take the LA CIENEGA BLVD exit- EXIT 7A. 0.1 miles

6: Take the LA CIENEGA BLVD NORTH ramp. 0.2 miles

7: Take the LA CIENEGA BLVD-NORTH ramp. 0.1 miles

8: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto S LA CIENEGA BLVD. 3.1 miles

9: Turn LEFT onto MELROSE AVE. 0.1 miles

10: End at 8585 Melrose Ave

Total Est. Time: 22 minutesTotal Est. Distance: 16.16 miles

Looks like Lama Dorje might be coming to Phoenix in November.

I am still definetly going to LA but will be cool to review with him in my own backyard.

I won't say anything else about it unless Mantra68 or Qlites would like to but sounds like would be a great opportunity for anyone who can't make the LA workshop.

Cam

Edited by Cameron

Too bad, I didn't get to see it. Did anyone save a copy they could send me, please? What all did it show?

I have a copy. It's 10MB, but pm me your email and I will send it.

Here are the driving instructions from Mapquest.com on getting from the seminar hotel to the bookstore.

Start:5250 W El Segundo Blvd

Hawthorne, CA 90250-4142, US

End:8585 Melrose Ave

Directions Distance

Total Est. Time: 22 minutesTotal Est. Distance: 16.16 miles

Ah, muchos gracias! 16 miles isn't too far. I wonder how much that cab ride would cost? I'm guessing still less than renting a car for a day or 2.

But is Lama Dorje going to do any more seminars elsewhere, like TX? If so, maybe I should just wait?

Edited by vortex

I have been told he will be in Phoenix in November but need to confirm with Mantra68 to know for sure.

Yeah. We're shooting for the 17th and 18th. We'll keep you posted.

It should be fun out there. So many things in the desert at night.

Nice!

I would rather not put this up here but Michael Winn is saying stuff about Lama Dorje on his board. He said the video isn't Max and other stuff..anyway..if Mantra68 cares to respond. Winn is claiming he already studied with Sifu Max and learned some of his "main practice" that he doesn't mention on the website.

link

Edited by Cameron

..Michael Winn is saying stuff about Lama Dorje on his board.

Standard formula for MW talking about another:

1) I and/or someone close to me already studied with X (and have more of an inside scoop than you're likely to get)

2) I like X, wish X well, X has a good heart, etc.

3) all the while subtley undermining X's credibility through various comments about X's character, often masked as benevolent psychological insights.

It all adds up to making MW seem in-the-know, insightful and benevolent towards X, and yet X gets discredited. Nifty.

You could line up every post that MW ever made about an outside teaching source, or 'competitor', detractor, and they're all like that. It's beyond predictable: it's the same thing every time.

:lol:

OMG someone over there is now saying to Winn that he thinks Lama Dorje is trying to set up a....energy practice monopoly by saying people who get into his practice should just stick with that.

Funny..what I read in the book is if you decide to go with his practice better to not do other energy practice because they each flow energy a different way and might be dangerous to your health.

Edited by Cameron

:lol:

OMG someone over there is now saying to Winn that he thinks Lama Dorje is trying to set up a....energy practice monopoly by saying people who get into his practice should just stick with that.

Funny..what I read in the book is if you decide to go with his practice better to not do other energy practice because they each flow energy a different way and might be dangerous to your health.

Only those who are not in proper cultivation fear those who are. How can people fear others cultivation?

When those who fear are not honest.

And if Lama Dorje is looking to monpolize it wouldn't matter because if his cultivation is false, it will bring him down hard. THose in the frontline of commercial cultivation fear their positions becauses they too are unsure of another's cultivation.

How can one be sure of another's cultivation? Only by cultivating selflessness.

Though I strongly am not for the publicizing of abilities Lama Dorje is presenting, that doesn't mean I believe Lama Dorje 100%. Basic Qi Gong cultivation can lead one to have bouncing legs, and spontaneous movements.

Lots of things can manifest during large groups cultivating Qi Gong.

In either case, when others fear they wil lloose students, it shows an improper cultivation of virtue, and an empowering of greed and ignorance which will inturn lead to anger. And it has happened.

Pay no attention to those talking ill of any cultivator. It is simply ignorance.

Peace and Blessings,

Aiwei

Nice points.

I think Trunk hit this particular point directly on the head though :)

I agree.

I'm not one for talking ill about any cultivator, yet...I was never a fan of Micheal Winn.

MW could stand to be more positive about the teachers he reviews, but I always appreciate hearing his perspective.

This isn't just about MW, there is a powerful tradition of dissing other teachers and lineages in Taoism. Maybe Taoism has been too closely associated with martial arts for too long. Or maybe this is just the way it goes with individuals and traditions that emphasize energy cultivation at the expense of stillness practice.

MW could stand to be more positive about the teachers he reviews, but I always appreciate hearing his perspective.

This isn't just about MW, there is a powerful tradition of dissing other teachers and lineages in Taoism. Maybe Taoism has been too closely associated with martial arts for too long. Or maybe this is just the way it goes with individuals and traditions that emphasize energy cultivation at the expense of stillness practice.

This dissing within the Daoist lineages started in the west. Never has it been that way out here in China. If you had the goods, then you were respected, if you had nothing, then you were rejected. Some cultivation lineages, not of china, went as far as to put one infront of the whole clan, and if one couldn't produce what they said they could, one would be killed, for letting a liar of cultivation live is putting poison into the masses.

Fun.

Peace and Blessings,

Aiwei

Only those who are not in proper cultivation fear those who are. How can people fear others cultivation?

When those who fear are not honest.

And if Lama Dorje is looking to monpolize it wouldn't matter because if his cultivation is false, it will bring him down hard. THose in the frontline of commercial cultivation fear their positions becauses they too are unsure of another's cultivation.

How can one be sure of another's cultivation? Only by cultivating selflessness.

In either case, when others fear they wil lloose students, it shows an improper cultivation of virtue, and an empowering of greed and ignorance which will inturn lead to anger. And it has happened.

Pay no attention to those talking ill of any cultivator. It is simply ignorance.

Just for the record. There is no interest in a monopoly. That is a ridiculous concept. You either do the practice or you don't. He doesn't care.

He is just saying that when you start the Kunlun practice there is a process that should be allowed to occur (internal alchemy) for a certain period of time so that your body can safely open up according to the new energy flow. Your nervous system must adjust, your skull will change shape, and you will experience many other dramatic things. So, it is important that you don't have another practice going while this process is taking place that may counter your efforts or worse cause a bad energy mix that makes you feel ill.

That Michael guy is funny with his body double theory. Just because Max held back his abilities for many years doesn't mean he didn't have any. He was simply being selective as to who he showed. Now it is different because there are things that need to be done.