Icedude

I want a diploma.

Sree.

you put an r in see bka heheheh

and if i ever reach the state of narveen(a)--heck yeah i want a dang diploma to prove it.

• Like 1

white tigers say hi

Edited by skydog

where's your ex-Lion diploma at?

did a gazelle eat it?

i dunno i think the tao ate it, and will give me another one the next time i have some real challenges maybe in a year or so

• Like 1

I was replying to somebody complaing about how I'm acting in a conflicting way.

I wasnt complaining , that would be a plea for you to do something for me.

It was a statement depicting my view of your post in an effort to get you to look at the obviously conflicting motivations you were expressing.

At this very moment where *all* letting kittens starve in Africa. What is that saying about us? ...and if we're over in Africa nursing kittens, we're certainly not working for world peace in the UN at the same time. Wouldn't world peace save a lot of kittens?

Worry about kittens when youre ready to fix that issue.

We're all hypocritical bastards by our very limited nature. Everything we do is stupid and full of conflict, whether we want it to be or not. Pointing that out is hardly a feat.

I dont feel thats true ,no, its not a feat , its a folly.

You can turn every action on its head, but all you're doing then, is just saying ”F***ing Icedude, man... He thinks he's all that, but he's clearly not.”.

I didnt turn anything on its head .

You later say that I'm ”juggling too many things”. According to who? According to you. To you there's an amount of things, or certain things, that is ”too much” for you to ”juggle”. If you were in my seat you wouldn't be able to handle it, so you can't imagine how that amount could be ”healthy”.

You dont know my situation except that Im not presenting it for consideration so you cant make any comparison ... and yes ,, thats solely my opinion, no more , no less.

You say that it's a bummer to have nothing to do, so that continuing to do nothing instead of defining a role for yourself, would be stupid. I'm part buddhist, so I happen to think buddhahood and Nirvana is fine too.

Buddhists can come to stupid decisions as well.

Your definition of ”illusion”, where you think that the experience of other people living is an illusion, seems based on ”a brain in a vat”, and that anything that we cannot prove, is an illusion. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat )

That's not how ”illusion” is defined in taoism or buddhism. Rather it is the *value* of existing things, that is an illusion. Pain is a nerve impulse. You feel pain when you exercise too, and life is full of discomfort, but pain isn't always a sign of something bad. Sometimes pain isn't important. That's why you see monks living in asceticism instead of being high on morphine and worldly pleasures: Because while these things (very likely) exist, they're not important.

Yes it is illusion , you just dont seem to undeerstand what that implies vs doesnt imply.

Yes, conflict is an illusion. That's why I toss it around like confetti. :)

Yes, even doing nothing could be seen as a conflict.

Complaining over there being conflicts, is like complaining over there being space and time everywhere. Still, you can't ignore the fact. There's also peace everywhere, if you wish to see it that way.

Dont you wish to see it that way ?

Yes, I'm considering printing a diploma myself, but that wouldn't fill the need to be validated.

Well the validation on your spiritual self mastery would be premature if you need someone else to validate you.

Like I suggested , forget about the diploma, it would be intermediary to validation , and theres nothing wrong with validation per se.

But the downside is that the desire for it from such a source ,puts ones heart on a sleeve ,

exposing ones wellbeing to the whimsical vagaries of someone elses caprice whether it would be stroked or not.

• Like 1

Yes, and they're christian. I don't think they possess the knowledge to be able to test me for a completely different religion. ...but thanks anyway.

I've already solved my problem: I'll just go to a nearby buddhistic temple and ask them. I'll just wait a couple of years for them to build the temple first, no problems. It's just that I heard they tested a guy for "Buddha energies" and that got me all excited, imagining some sort of buddhistic Ghostbusters with PKE meters: "Oh, the midichlorian count on *this* one is through the roof! I think we might have an enlightened entity here - at least a class five arhat!"

white tigers say hi

I can test if you qualify as a great man, by comparing you to the Buddha.

Let's see here...

"Hands reaching below the knees"? Check.

"Lion-shaped body"? Check.

"Four canine teeth pure white"? Check.

"Jaw like a lion"? Check.

"Tongue long and broad"? Check.

Well, 5 out of 32 characteristics, isn't bad. You're not a lion by any chance? That would make you score even higher.

Well God would draw one up, of course.

Our Father who art self-certified,

Guaranteed be thy name,

On earth as it is at the bottom of the form,

Give us this day our diploma,

For thine is the signature,

The seal and stamp of approval,

For ever and ever

Amen

However Jesus wouldn't be able to draw one up, because he's dependent of God to draw one for him.

This is why we had transmissions and lineages, at least back in the day, that was supposed to lead all the way back to Buddha. Buddha "drew" his own certificate, and then the guys who found him bought into it for some reason. ...and people apparently got pretty pissed when Buddha just selected one guy to transmit to. *slowly begins transforming into John Cleese.* Today we have lots of people claiming to be buddhas and bodhisattwas, and there are different faiths having different requirements, and nobody seems to know exactly who is who in this giant mess that people still manage to take seriously somehow. If there's no way to test for enlightenment, then what's all the hubbub about? A guy sat down under a tree, and people got interested, and things kind of snowballed, and maybe something really cool was said, but we don't know that. We don't really know, because in steps the first council, who has no clue about what the buddha meant, so they draw up all these ridiculous rules that they define as buddhism, and after that Asoka just chops off their heads off. We can't be the least bit sure that there's anything left. Not unless there is a test of some kind that we can use to verify wisdom and titles with. This is an ex parrot!

Test.

1. Are you or have you ever been enlightened?

Ans. a) no, b ) yes and c) don't know.

2. Did you in former life have your head chopped off by King Asoka?

Ans. a) no , b ) don't know c) nnnmmmmghhh

3) Do you shave your head and chant in Sanskrit of Pali?

Ans. a ) OM b ) no c ) what's Pali?

4) Are you aware that being a monk involves a vow of chastity and refraining from alcohol.

Ans. a) yes, b ) no c) shit you're kidding look it was my birthday and things got out of hand.

Edited by Apech

Test.

1. Are you or have you ever been enlightened?

Ans. a) no, b ) yes and c) don't know.

2. Did you in former life have your head chopped off by King Asoka?

Ans. a) no , b ) don't know c) nnnmmmmghhh

3) Do you shave your head and chant in Sanskrit of Pali?

Ans. a ) OM b ) no c ) what's Pali?

4) Are you aware that being a monk involves a vow of chastity and refraining from alcohol.

Ans. a) yes, b ) no c) shit you're kidding look it was my birthday and things got out of hand.

1. b

2. a

3. b

4. a

(I'm not looking to be a monk. I hear monks don't get to have internet connections.)

Thank you for testing me.

1. b

2. a

3. b

4. a

(I'm not looking to be a monk. I hear monks don't get to have internet connections.)

Thank you for testing me.

Well done you gained a B plus in your first test and you may continue to stage 2 provided you pay the course fee of 129$ (flat rate or by instalment plan) - we do not issue certificates until stage 7.

Thank you for submitting your results.

• Like 2

Well done you gained a B plus in your first test and you may continue to stage 2 provided you pay the course fee of 129$ (flat rate or by instalment plan) - we do not issue certificates until stage 7.

Thank you for submitting your results.

A course fee? I'm not looking to attend any class courses, and I don't have any income, so I can't afford that. Sorry.

A course fee? I'm not looking to attend any class courses, and I don't have any income, so I can't afford that. Sorry.

That's a shame you would have got a diploma.

• Like 2

That's a shame you would have got a diploma.

What of all the enlightened people who don't have money then? They won't get diplomas? No, that won't do. There needs to be some kind of kickstarter diploma fund for all these guys, that can pay the course fee.

I bet that either one of us could use a paper to wave around right now, because this distrust is exactly what I mean.

Meh......With real ability certification is not required.

If you can manifest your power then you manifest your power......

What of all the enlightened people who don't have money then? They won't get diplomas? No, that won't do. There needs to be some kind of kickstarter diploma fund for all these guys, that can pay the course fee.

Why don't you have a job?

Meh......With real ability certification is not required.

If you can manifest your power then you manifest your power......

Obviously if he had any power he wouldn't spend all day everyday trolling TTBs ;).

Its an investment. Once you've got the diploma you write a book, give talks, do a lecture tour ... make heaps of money. So for a small fee now you win later. As for people who have no money ... well its a beacon of hope for them to pray for.

• Like 2

skydog, on 20 Mar 2014 - 16:05, said:snapback.png

white tigers say hi

I can test if you qualify as a great man, by comparing you to the Buddha.

Let's see here...

"Hands reaching below the knees"? Check.

"Lion-shaped body"? Check.

"Four canine teeth pure white"? Check.

"Jaw like a lion"? Check.

"Tongue long and broad"? Check.

Well, 5 out of 32 characteristics, isn't bad. You're not a lion by any chance? That would make you score even higher.

yaaay

lol

are you asking me, why I don't have a job?

or asking the guy who posts like sree?

I am too busy with other worthwhile stuff to be bothered by a job.

I am a part time mod on ttb, I wouldn't give that up for a job, just sayin'

even if I am currently laid off from my mod duties, job? thank you, no

• Like 2

You aren't looking for free handouts of diplomas for greater spiritual growth than you presently have, so no I'm not asking you, I'm asking sree Icedude.

yeh man jobs are for people with jobs.

sigh, im kinda drunk right now, my third eye is opening up a ridiculous amount again, it was this time last yea in march so probably to do with seasons, may need some meat, or just enjoy feeling drunk lol

"Nirvana refers to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished." And you definitely don't have desires or delusions, right..

Nirvana is not something you achieve with one month of "training" and a person who has achieved it is definitely not too lazy to get up from the chair :glare:

Edited by king

ummm no

anyways great to hear your drunken eye is third, it is likely just a seasonal phenomena

I was kinda counting on winning this billion dollar bracket, but I think the very first game of the tourney may have knocked me out,

oh well, I was kinda counting on that billion and the really cool billionaire diploma that went with it.

with or without any bum diploma I think there is little doubt I am a bum

yep flyers beat buckeyes, no billion for zero

ah man I coulda been the first billion dollar bum

• Like 1