Icedude

I want a diploma.

In my introductory post in Lounge, I actually mention how people are suckers for names. Coming up with a name when you have no self, is quite a task. It usually takes a day to come up with something abstract enough that you think you're clear from people forming a name-based opinion of you.

...but no, apparently I'm "the guy who should watch my mouth, or we'll shoot you" now. Luckily there's a simple option to change my name if I come up with something better.

WoW! What a wonderful defensive posture you took on there. No one would have been able to blow you over.

I wasn't being offensive - no need for the defense.

All I was suggesting is that you should watch out for yourself first and foremost.

Bah. I was just called stupid by Boy, and I only considered it constructive.

You guys are weaksauce, and you can put that in your report.

Hehehe. Weaksauce am I? We'll see. I'm reporting you to the head Buddha. Actually, I'm going to report you to Lao tzu and Chuang Tzu as well.

Are we allowed to call ideas stupid?

Well, I had some really stupid ideas that I actually acted on in my younger years. But saying that someone else had a stupid idea is placing judgement based on one's own perspective and that is never valid.

The ultimate truth isn't a trance state. It's the opposite. It's like being sober.

I have to repeat this as it is totally valid. The Icedude just spoke of mindfulness and awareness.

• Like 2

Well, I had some really stupid ideas that I actually acted on in my younger years. But saying that someone else had a stupid idea is placing judgement based on one's own perspective and that is never valid.

I once got my head stuck in a dining room chair.
  • Like 1

I was hoping for this thread to die down, but as it's evidently not going to, here's what I'm going to do:

I'm going to make a thread in my Icedude cultivation subforum in a minute, where you can continue any discussions you may have with me, about diplomas or otherwise. I'll link to it in this post afterwards. I'm going to sleep soon, but that's where I'm going to post my next answer to these things when I wake up. You don't have to continue any discussions over there if you don't want to - it's just in case you have something left to say to me. I'm relocating because I don't want this insignificant topic to crown an official subforum.

Then I'm going to ask the mods to have this topic locked. If they won't agree to that, I'm going to rename the first post here into basically "This is the general Taoist discussion chat. Feel free to talk about anything you want.". If you really want to take over this thread with derailment, and want to have somewhere to discuss general things, then you can have it. I don't mind.

...so good night.

Edit:

Here's a link to the new topic:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/34229-discuss-things-with-icedude/

Edited by Icedude
  • Like 1