Sign in to follow this  
chegg

Dealing with Trolls, Petty Tyrants and Socially Inept Posters

The Taoist way is the cultivation of Xing Kung which is to enhancing one's patience, stamina and endurance.

Cool...

But own patience and endurance surely is worthless without gunning someone down every once in a while? Otherwise, such "tyrants" are free to run around and spread their annoyance among everyone else...

• Like 2

a picture of power

Yes, a person with six arms and hands would have significant power. (Those muscles looked pretty well toned too.)

• Like 1

Well, it takes a lot of control, coordination, and balance to be able to stand seated flat-toed on one foot.

But then, maybe that;s one of those supernatural powers?

Well, yeah, she has six arms and hands too.

Too much decoration to be able to make any other observations.

Cool...

But own patience and endurance surely is worthless without gunning someone down every once in a while? Otherwise, such "tyrants" are free to run around and spread their annoyance among everyone else...

Cool.....

Not if everyone can hold the patience and endurance by just ignoring such "tyrants". "Annoyance" is only to someone who is not familiar with the cultivation of Xing Kung as a Taoist. "Annoyance" is only not acceptable to those who do not have patience and endurance. Why do you think Taoists exist? They do exist is because they have cultivated themselves to hold this high standard of conduct. "Annoyance" may be there but if it was ignored by the majority; then it will be dissolved by itself. "Ignore" means by not responding to any of the annoying remarks.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Let's not be too sexist :)

shiva-shakti.jpg

I had to try replicating this pose. Well, its power (as well as its difficulty) is in its perfect balance! Pretty hard to find it without the extra arms. The arm that is holding the staff especially, that one is very handy, no pun intended. I had to use my elbow instead, against a leg of the table.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 7

Too much decoration to be able to make any other observations.

Its called glamour ... some people insist on it (cult joiners) some insist on using it (cult leaders)

Its a great way to mask content ;)

• Like 1

Its called glamour ... some people insist on it (cult joiners) some insist on using it (cult leaders)

Its a great way to mask content ;)

I just felt like repeating this.

• Like 1

I had to try replicating this pose. Well, its power (as well as its difficulty) is in its perfect balance! Pretty hard to find it without the extra arms. The arm that is holding the staff especially, that one is very handy, no pun intended. I had to use my elbow instead, against a leg of the table.

No no no ... all wrong ... you don't need balance or a staff .... I can do that pose quiet easily ... just check the actual details in the pic

no problem at all for me

when floating in space ;)

• Like 3

Good practice, Nungali. We all have our idiosyncratic balancing routines...

I eat my peas with honey;

I've done it all my life.

It makes the peas taste funny,

But it keeps them on the knife.
  • Like 4

Try this;

Stand with one leg ... stretch arms out to side horizontal ... keep everything still, now rotate head around in full circles (chin on chest, to the left, as far up as you can , back, to the right and down to chin on chest (added to avoid 'The Exorcist' s style head spin for those that may misS-interpret} ) ;)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Try this;

Stand with one leg ... stretch arms out to side horizontal ... keep everything still, now rotate head around in full circles (chin on chest, to the left, as far up as you can , back, to the right and down to chin on chest (added to avoid 'The Exorcist' s style head spin for those that may misS-interpret} ) ;)

This is a breeze -- however, try it with your eyes closed! :closedeyes:

And a variation: not the circles but the yin-yang symbol with your head, in 3D.

And another: not the head but the whole body -- forehead brushing the floor -- while sitting in full lotus.

Cat adventures... ^_^

:( ... I used to be able to sit on full Lotus, go up on knees, knee walk, then lie on stomach with hip bones on the ground and snake up ...

now ??? :( :( :(

I am jealous of you cat , all I can manage now is a little sitting squat with the help of my tail and a half lotus for brief periods now and again. But I actually feel 'better inside' now than I did back then :)

• Like 1

Ouch!

You makin' all my joints snap, pop and crackle!

Oh, I do hope we can all feel better inside.

I need to take a proper yoga course.

I have never learned nuthin'.

I one big ignoramus.

• Like 2

Ouch!

You makin' all my joints snap, pop and crackle!

Oh, I do hope we can all feel better inside.

I need to take a proper yoga course.

I have never learned nuthin'.

I one big ignoramus.

Don't be selling yourself short. There are plenty of people who will be more than willing to cut you down whenever they can.

In life, we start out at a point of ignorance. With a little good fortune life will teach us some good lessons now and again.

But yes, live. Experience. Avoid those things that don't feel 'right'.

And yes, feeling better inside, being at peace with ourself, counts a lot. Perhaps more than anything else?

• Like 3

I had a go too.

I have never had a yoga lesson in my life.

But with my staff I held the position for twenty seconds.

I would improve enormously with practice.

Might be fun.

• Like 1

Cool.....

Not if everyone can hold the patience and endurance by just ignoring such "tyrants". "Annoyance" is only to someone who is not familiar with the cultivation of Xing Kung as a Taoist. "Annoyance" is only not acceptable to those who do not have patience and endurance. Why do you think Taoists exist? They do exist is because they have cultivated themselves to hold this high standard of conduct. "Annoyance" may be there but if it was ignored by the majority; then it will be dissolved by itself. "Ignore" means by not responding to any of the annoying remarks.

I see what you're saying, and to a degree, agree (what poetry!)

I'm thinking on the lines of the following layers though:

1) In a forum such as this, some will come to learn about Taoism, who are completely new to it. Trolls could scare them off and/or give them a wrong impression. I'm not one for systems, but the forum has been created covering a non-systematic philosophy. But all forums require some sort of disciplinary action because that's the standard. So I don't see the harm in blocking, for example, for some whilst they are "training" to be more tolerant.

2) Ok, so we become patient and endure as much as we can to no limits. Fine in theory, but this only protects ourselves. When I was being ignored as a child, it made me want to scream louder. Ignoring trolls on this forum may only make them want to go elsewhere and cause havoc. And so...

3) Can the "problem" even be eradicated? Trolls will be trolls, Taoist will be Taoists, bankers will be bankers, footballers will be footballers etc.

My overall conclusion for this thread is, as valuable as the information presented by the OP is, and everyone else's for that matter, it is completely inconclusive. We are all very different people with different ways of tackling things...so there isn't one solution.

Rather than a debate though, this is a nice pool of strategies for anyone to chose from!

Here's mine...run and give them a big hug :D Trolls and bullies are scared of love haha

• Like 4

Here's mine...run and give them a big hug :D Trolls and bullies are scared of love haha

Real cool.....

You have the best and the simplest solution all along. We all learn from each other but sometimes from the hard way. However, the final product is what we had learned from experience.

Once Lao Tze told Confucius: "I am not your teacher but I only knew a little more than you this time. Next time, when you know more than I do, then you'll be my teacher. It was only relative."

One is not a Taoist once born. It takes time and hardship to become one.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 3

1) In a forum such as this, some will come to learn about Taoism, who are completely new to it. Trolls could scare them off and/or give them a wrong impression. I'm not one for systems, but the forum has been created covering a non-systematic philosophy. But all forums require some sort of disciplinary action because that's the standard. So I don't see the harm in blocking, for example, for some whilst they are "training" to be more tolerant.

2) Ok, so we become patient and endure as much as we can to no limits. Fine in theory, but this only protects ourselves. When I was being ignored as a child, it made me want to scream louder. Ignoring trolls on this forum may only make them want to go elsewhere and cause havoc. And so...

3) Can the "problem" even be eradicated? Trolls will be trolls, Taoist will be Taoists, bankers will be bankers, footballers will be footballers etc.

My overall conclusion for this thread is, as valuable as the information presented by the OP is, and everyone else's for that matter, it is completely inconclusive. We are all very different people with different ways of tackling things...so there isn't one solution.

Rather than a debate though, this is a nice pool of strategies for anyone to chose from!

http://thetaobums.com/topic/32421-songs-and-honoring/ :)

• Like 1

No better time to learn tolerance than in the present ,,

besides, if anyone is going to come away with anything , why not have it be some tolerance , resistance to annoyance , self control... and if they did take that with them cutting short the trip to some OTHER thing of value ummm Im not sure the other thing was the thing they had best find. Lookie see how the very things one might hit an ignore button for are the very things they could use most pressingly.

Including me, by the way ,which is why I havent blocked anybody for anything- let em say it , at least they are trying to make contact , to be heard ,, but yes, things can get out of hand ,, I just dont think thats the case very often,, its just too simple to 'just not respond' if something deteriorates that far.

• Like 3

No better time to learn tolerance than in the present ,,

besides, if anyone is going to come away with anything , why not have it be some tolerance , resistance to annoyance , self control... and if they did take that with them cutting short the trip to some OTHER thing of value ummm Im not sure the other thing was the thing they had best find. Lookie see how the very things one might hit an ignore button for are the very things they could use most pressingly.

Including me, by the way ,which is why I havent blocked anybody for anything- let em say it , at least they are trying to make contact , to be heard ,, but yes, things can get out of hand ,, I just dont think thats the case very often,, its just too simple to 'just not respond' if something deteriorates that far.

Very true to your last sentence. Thanks for adding this!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this