Sign in to follow this  
chegg

Dealing with Trolls, Petty Tyrants and Socially Inept Posters

I've always liked my idea of promoting folks to staff positions for punishments if their posting gets to out of hand ;). The more out of hand the posting gets, the higher the staff position...

Though no else else has seemed to like this idea.

Well also it could have some logistical problems ;).

• Like 5

I've always liked my idea of promoting folks to staff positions for punishments if their posting gets to out of hand ;). The more out of hand the posting gets, the higher the staff position...

Though no else else has seemed to like this idea.

Well also it could have some logistical problems ;).

Thought that was how I got the job, BKA.

:o

You know, I trust, that there was discussion a while back by a small collection of outcasts, miscreants & ne'er-do-wells on another forum about surreptitiously infiltrating the ranks of TTB's administrative staff in a coordinated fashion. Had they only read Saul Alinsky, they might have pulled it off! Still might, of course... ;) It's worked elsewhere!

• Like 3

Thought that was how I got the job, BKA.

:o

You know, I trust, that there was discussion a while back by a small collection of outcasts, miscreants & ne'er-do-wells on another forum about surreptitiously infiltrating the ranks of TTB's administrative staff in a coordinated fashion. Had they only read Saul Alinsky, they might have pulled it off! Still might, of course... ;) It's worked elsewhere!

Heh, I'd tell them "be careful what you wish for" ;).

They'd enjoy it right up until the board lynch mobbed them for the way they were running things... They really think a board of free thinkers would just sit down and say "oh things have changed drastically, and the insulting and trolls are 10x worse now, oh well that's OK, I'll just not notice"

• Like 2

A bit of Facebook news

Though long demanded by Facebook users as alternative to the "like," the dislike button has been shot down again and again by Facebook. "Actions on Facebook tend to focus on positive social interactions," Facebook engineer Bob Baldwin said during a Reddit AMA in April. "Like is the lightest-weight way to express positive sentiment. I don't think adding a light-weight way to express negative sentiment would be that valuable."

(who remembers our "dislike" option :) )

• Like 2

A bit of Facebook news

(who remembers our "dislike" option :) )

I do. And I think it is sad the way it was used against VJ.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this