SonOfTheGods

WIKILEAKS FLAT EARTH CONSPIRACY

Where is back?! Im stranded...in a cloudy dessert....of cake....earth pie....

Follow the crumbs

Was i supposed to not eat those?

So thats why I could not find any!

Dangit, NAJA! this is why I told you to eat first!!

Now we are stranded on the edge of the cherry earth cake pie!

We gonna die!

Was i supposed to not eat those?

Oh No!!!! We are lost for ever ......

wait... how far from civilization are we? this might be perfect.

*delusions fall away*

DAMMIT...

OH NO! Now our delusions have been stripped like a classy stripper!

Working the pole is hard...

Now I feel hungry for cake....Only the earth is left...we must eat it.

Sorry I was going to make a rant about how much I dislike science, then decided against it, cos it was based on my mood and innaccurate

Well, then, give up your computer, healthcare, mechanical transport and things that only get to you by mechanical transport, artificial materials, sanitation, phones, central heating/air conditioning, books unless made on an old fashioned printing press or written by scribe... basically go back to mediaeval times. Have fun!

I dislike pseudoskeptics who automatically discount anything not accepted by scientific consensus or that can't be tested experimentally. That's not science, though.

But I also dislike credulous people who go the opposite direction, being utterly closed to the majority view, automatically going with the minority because they're too ignorant to discern evidence from nonsense and want to feel special for being part of a minority in the loop. These people won't take the time to learn the fundamentals of how gravity works, while accusing anyone who uses gravity to debunk their theory of being closed-minded sheeple.

Science is extremely valuable, and the scientific method is absolutely the best way to learn about physical phenomena and processes. The shape of the earth is a matter for scientific inquiry, and science clearly demonstrates that the earth is an oblate spheroid.

The scientific method has limits because it only works on a mundane level. The contemplative method only works on a transmundane level.

A world lacking the former is ignorant about the external, a world lacking the latter is shallow internally. We should embrace both.

• Like 2

yerp

Edited by skydog

ui

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

Well, then, give up your computer, healthcare, mechanical transport and things that only get to you by mechanical transport, artificial materials, sanitation, phones, central heating/air conditioning, books unless made on an old fashioned printing press or written by scribe... basically go back to mediaeval times. Have fun!

I dislike pseudoskeptics who automatically discount anything not accepted by scientific consensus or that can't be tested experimentally. That's not science, though.

But I also dislike credulous people who go the opposite direction, being utterly closed to the majority view, automatically going with the minority because they're too ignorant to discern evidence from nonsense and want to feel special for being part of a minority in the loop. These people won't take the time to learn the fundamentals of how gravity works, while accusing anyone who uses gravity to debunk their theory of being closed-minded sheeple.

Science is extremely valuable, and the scientific method is absolutely the best way to learn about physical phenomena and processes. The shape of the earth is a matter for scientific inquiry, and science clearly demonstrates that the earth is an oblate spheroid.

The scientific method has limits because it only works on a mundane level. The contemplative method only works on a transmundane level.

A world lacking the former is ignorant about the external, a world lacking the latter is shallow internally. We should embrace both.

I cant speak for SkyDog. I can speak for my self. I dont dislike science. I think its very useful.

The problems come, I feel, when people use a certain belief system to close their minds and then enforce it with fanatical fervor.

The biggest reason "matter" based sciences are enforced and create such fervor is that you can experience what this form of science investigates with your 5 senses. the 6th is not as limited to this realm, though.

The point, I feel, is not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Its to take what is good and let go of what is bad/ harmful.

Many scientific advances are helpful. Many are harmful. We need refinement.

Just because the "majority" believe something, does not make it true. This has been shown over and over again.

Our understanding of gravity and the earth is also, in its baby stages.

Give it another five hundred years and then we may have some real understanding.

right now, humanity knows plenty about "matter". Little about what creates it. What is supporting it.

Sure, some of the quantum mechanical information is quite interesting and points to the fluidity of nature/ reality.

Yet some people are stuck in the 5 senses range. If they see it and touch it, it must be real.

Is it real? Does science say that things are as they appear to be to us?

No, science says we barely see anything. Our senses of life are extremely limited. Reality is also far more complex then- a rock is a rock-

I dont care about feeling special or not.

I just happen to enjoy thinking about ideas that require me to put down and let go of my previously held views/ beliefs.

Its really that simple.

Peace.

g

Edited by skydog

I think its the cupcake factory...they want our stuffing.....

Aliens from the cookie jar?

Aliens from the cookie jar?

Yes, they have come from the cookie jar. They want our cookies!!

(high pitch scream) NOOOO

h

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

Its people who are so rigirously opposed to advancement/new ideas because they will blast anything which does not adhere to scientific doctrine/tradition that keeps people from being open about sharing what they know or do.

Good point, SkyDog.

It does make it so much harder for progress/ development to happen if people keep fighting it. Holding onto the old, strangling it within their grip.

• Like 1

If I am allowed to add my share of lunacy to the mix, consider this: What if we live on the inner surface of an infinite hollow spherical ball, the center of which is where hang the shadows of the sun and the moon? What if to land on the actual moon, we have to not soar up but... dig a deep tunnel?

• Like 1

Edited by skydog

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

If I am allowed to add my share of lunacy to the mix, consider this: What if we live on the inner surface of an infinite hollow spherical ball, the center of which is where hang the shadows of the sun and the moon? What if to land on the actual moon, we have to not soar up but... dig a deep tunnel?

The shadow of the sun ... I like your ideas ... I think you are on to something ...

For those true believers that claim to create their own reality, which is what the OP is in regards to, then the disaster in Fukushima is only based on perception/belief systems. To follow, the increase in thyroid cancer is just a perception and has nothing to do with science or reality. I could create many absurd examples but anyone can make absurd statements not based on reality.

The OP is nothing new and is just a continuation of the mindset of the inquisitors of years past.

For those true believers that claim to create their own reality, which is what the OP is in regards to, then the disaster in Fukushima is only based on perception/belief systems. To follow, the increase in thyroid cancer is just a perception and has nothing to do with science or reality. I could create many absurd examples but anyone can make absurd statements not based on reality. The OP is nothing new and is just a continuation of the mindset of the inquisitors of years past.

There are differences in how much a person can create, I feel. Some are "integrated" enough to do big things. To shift their experience of life.

Others can create a few pennies.

I see no reason as to why the "horrors" of the world deny this concept.

The world of duality needs them to exist. It provides contrast and a many varied experiences.

The same is said of this conversation. many different points of views being shared. many ideas.

All helpful for growth.

I prefer not to deny pain. Denying it...turns into suffering more often then acceptance. By accepting, it is possible to step out of the small, personal view and see a larger, cosmic view.

Of course, I do not KNOW why things happen. I have not entered into the Tao in that way, yet.

The point is that even without that, I can see the importance of evil and pain. I can see how it teaches. How it provides contrast and experience.

How the world would be nothing without it.

The same is true for joy and pleasure. for happiness.

I have yet to see SonOfTheGods say anything like how an "inquisitor" would.

It all depends on the person. Some take the whole law of attraction to be empowering! Others take it to enforce their own judgmental views.

Thats a people problem. Not the teaching it self.

Personally, I can "see" how all the experiences in my life, good/ bad, have a connection within me.

To me that is empowering and brings clarity. Pain happens. I learn from it.

On the perception point you made, everything IS perception. You cannot separate experience from perception.

Try and do it. The doing it is still YOU doing it and the YOU is perception. Thats a big deal to understand.

its all inside our minds....where is the mind? Probably everywhere.

Thank you for participating and offering your point of view, Ralis. I do appreciate it.

Peace!

• Like 1