SonOfTheGods

WIKILEAKS FLAT EARTH CONSPIRACY

no, it requires you to be an astronaut. i don't put any faith into other peoples' testimony

also, i love how the entire southpole is the outer edges of the flat world. noone has ever found out the flat-reality of the world because it just keeps getting colder and colder until you die, and the world goes on for infinity

Actually if you watch the sun rise or set you can either lay down until it just goes over the horizon then stand up and see it se a bit more, or climb up a ladder really quick. Or, if you are at the Burj Khalifa in Dubai you can watch it se then take a suer fast elevator and watch it set again!

http://gizmodo.com/5917230/did-you-know-that-the-burj-khalifa-is-so-tall-that-you-can-watch-two-sunsets-on-the-same-day

THIS IS FROM THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE PAGE:

The earth is a leveled plane if you believe otherwise create a rebuttal video debunking this video and get $1000 no questions asked .. im waiting
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The Earth does not Spin or orbit the sun and the the Earth is not a Globe it is a leveled plane.

1. A pilot can see that the Earth is a leveled plane

Question: if the earth is round at what altitude can you see the curvature?

2. When experiments are done on the surface of standing water the surface has always been leveled. If the earth was round the surface of all standing water would be convex

Question: how do you explain all standing water being leveled on a round earth?

3. Rivers flow for thousands of miles and have been shown to be leveled -at the most dropping a few feet. For example the Nile which is thousands of miles falls only a couple of feet.

Question: how many miles across do we have to go to see the curvature in the surface of the water on a round earth?

4. If the Earth was round wouldn't Sailors use a small model globe to represent the round earth?

Question: why do sailors use a flat map and not a minature globe?

5. A Mariners Compass points north and south at the same time this proves that the Earth is not Round
Question: how do you explain the mariners compass pointing north and south at the same time if the earth is round?

6. The idea that, instead of sailing horizontally round the Earth, ships are taken down one side of a globe, then underneath, and are brought up on the other side to get home again, is absurd.

Question: If sailors are going downhill on a round earth and then up it again do they feel upside down?

7. If you go to the South Pole on a round earth will you feel upside down? No because the earth is a leveled plane.

Question: if you say there is no up or down if I bring you to the North Pole on a round earth and put you upside down with your head towards the floor. Will you know the difference from standing right side up with you feet on the floor?

8. A miniature globe has a top, sides and a bottom. So a large globe must have the same. However the reality is there are no sides or bottom so that mean the earth is flat.
Question: If the earth is round what places are on the sides of the round earth and how can you prove that?

9. A Surveyor's plans in relation to the laying of the first Atlantic Telegraph cable, show that in 1665 miles - from Valentia, Ireland, to St . John's, Newfoundland - the surface of the Atlantic Ocean is a LEVEL surface Question: why is it that in 1665 miles the Atlantic Ocean as shown to be leveled?

10. The British Ship Challenger recently completed the circuit of the Southern region - indirectly, to be sure - but she was three years about it, and traversed nearly 69,000 miles - a stretch long enough to have taken her six times round on the globular hypothesis. This is a proof that Earth is not a globe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFLzaOKDl5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fs1-7CsEJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vJUcaIyg78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG-dB2S25pU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3727302533&feature=iv&list=UUEN5Q0sxoysvuR5_69-XCmA&src_vid=lG-dB2S25pU&v=wTbrgl24Dzw

Its interesting how people will get upset and attack topics like this. What is the harm in opening our minds? In delving into possibilities? In questioning everything we know?

None. Atleast, not to our self. So who then, is being harmed? If nobody is being harmed, why the anger and fear?

questions, questions.

There are plenty of reasons why some group may want to hide things and enforce other things.

Say, if the earth is flat. Then that would change all of physics and science. That would also mean that the sky we see is probably not the real sky.

Why? Because the things we see out in space, are round. If we are not round....why are they?

Also, the question then becomes, why is the earth flat?

The answer to these questions may give you an idea as to why they are being hidden/ altered.

If they are at all.

Also, we barely perceive a tiny percentage of what exists.

its idiotic to believe that what we "know", is true. In an absolute form, it cant be.

If we cant even experience half of what is really there, then we dont know what we are experiencing at all.

Yet, how often do we delude our selves into thinking we know?

Often.

I find a certain amount of doubt, acknowledging all this and staying open to expand and delve into new/ reshash old things, helps.

Anywho. Lots of questions, few answers.

Peace

• Like 1

i am not angered at the opening of minds, i am frustrated at the presenting of unproved theories as fact or more likely true than more provable theories.

i.e. "the government sucks so obviously everything they say is the opposite of the truth"

• Like 1

The OP is not about free thinking or even being open minded. The OP and all ensuing arguments have no basis in fact.

• Like 1

i am not angered at the opening of minds, i am frustrated at the presenting of unproved theories as fact or more likely true than more provable theories.

i.e. "the government sucks so obviously everything they say is the opposite of the truth"

"No Right, No Wrong" :)

The OP is not about free thinking or even being open minded. The OP and all ensuing arguments have no basis in fact.

Prove it.

or is this a carry over from the Franz Bardon Thread?

You watched ALL 5 Videos?

Facts? Bring yours?

Thank you

:)

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Its interesting how people will get upset and attack topics like this. What is the harm in opening our minds? In delving into possibilities? In questioning everything we know?

None. Atleast, not to our self. So who then, is being harmed? If nobody is being harmed, why the anger and fear?

questions, questions.

There are plenty of reasons why some group may want to hide things and enforce other things.

Say, if the earth is flat. Then that would change all of physics and science. That would also mean that the sky we see is probably not the real sky.

Why? Because the things we see out in space, are round. If we are not round....why are they?

Also, the question then becomes, why is the earth flat?

The answer to these questions may give you an idea as to why they are being hidden/ altered.

If they are at all.

Also, we barely perceive a tiny percentage of what exists.

its idiotic to believe that what we "know", is true. In an absolute form, it cant be.

If we cant even experience half of what is really there, then we dont know what we are experiencing at all.

Yet, how often do we delude our selves into thinking we know?

Often.

I find a certain amount of doubt, acknowledging all this and staying open to expand and delve into new/ reshash old things, helps.

Anywho. Lots of questions, few answers.

Peace

Ironically, the nay sayers will come on here and post that it is all nonsense, even though they never watched the 5 videos I just posted.

How do I know?

The videos combined length is a lot longer to watch than the time alloted to post that they are all bunk

Violating comfort zones causes this, maybe.

Also, no one disputed this here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/31320-i-will-say-something-this-from-my-own-thoughts-as-i-have-yet-to-see-this-anywhere-else/

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Prove it.

Thank you

or is this a carry over from the Franz Bardon Thread?

Obviously you have no science education or you would not be posting such nonsense. The facts are proven as to the shape of the earth. You however are only posting irrational belief systems. Satellite mapping destroys your fractured narrative. http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/globalsl.html

That was my point. "provable" is not really provable. Every thing we use to prove a theory, is filtered, made and interpreted by our senses/ experience.

Its all highly, extremely, limited. So its not really proven. Its just one idea.

It is all also based on information that does not come from our own experience. Sure, we see the horizon. That is our experience.

Have we gone to every part of the earth? Have we gone and seen what is there?

Few have.

What does it matter if someone says or thinks something that goes against what you believe or what society believes?

It does not. at all.

You can choose to listen, ponder it, explore and then decide. Or stick with what you believe.

neither is better or worse. It just is for you. Its a choice.

Fact is also something we make. Who decides what is fact? Me? you? A group of people who supposedly know more then us so they are more right?

All of this ties into my main point.

Our experience of what is is extremely limited. What we experience as true, may not really be true.

Why not just go with it and enjoy thinking about new, different things? Wonder at the possibilities of a flat earth!

We wont get anywhere better then where we are if we cant open our minds and let go of what we think we know.

Key words- think, we, know.

Peace.

• Like 1

Obviously you have no science education or you would not be posting such nonsense. The facts are proven as to the shape of the earth. You however are only posting irrational belief systems. Satellite mapping destroys your fractured narrative. http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/globalsl.html

Read the whole thread?

That was discussed.

Watch the 5 videos I JUST POSTED?

You left out my Franz Bardon question to you, in the quote :)

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Read the whole thread?

That was discussed.

Watch the 5 videos I JUST POSTED?

You left out my Franz Bardon question to you, in the quote :)

I watched a few minutes of the first video but I couldn't stop laughing ... also it became a bit boring listening to the drawling voice of an idiot who cannot understand even the basic laws of physics or at least look them up. But it was funny so thank you.

THIS IS FROM THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE PAGE:

The earth is a leveled plane if you believe otherwise create a rebuttal video debunking this video and get $1000 no questions asked .. im waiting

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Earth does not Spin or orbit the sun and the the Earth is not a Globe it is a leveled plane.

1. A pilot can see that the Earth is a leveled plane

Question: if the earth is round at what altitude can you see the curvature?

From a point above the surface the horizon appears slightly bent (it is a circle). There is a basic geometrical relationship between this visual curvature c78f6d0f108bd13554e62804d0790f42.png, the altitude and the Earth's radius. It is

• 010033d4e8339ec3c6e2b17542540357.png

The curvature is the reciprocal of the curvature angular radius in radians. A curvature of 1 appears as a circle of an angular radius of 45° corresponding to an altitude of approximately 2640 km above the Earth's surface. At an altitude of 10 km (33,000 ft, the typical cruising altitude of an airliner) the mathematical curvature of the horizon is about 0.056, the same curvature of the rim of circle with a radius of 10 m that is viewed from 56 cm. However, the apparent curvature is less than that due to refraction of light in the atmosphere and because the horizon is often masked by high cloud layers that reduce the altitude above the visual surface. The Horizon curves by: sqrt(radius^2 + distance^2)-radius, equivalent to distance^2/R*2. At 100 km, it descends 784m.

2. When experiments are done on the surface of standing water the surface has always been leveled. If the earth was round the surface of all standing water would be convex

same as above ... and also allow for surface tension which creates the meniscus

Question: how do you explain all standing water being leveled on a round earth?

3. Rivers flow for thousands of miles and have been shown to be leveled -at the most dropping a few feet. For example the Nile which is thousands of miles falls only a couple of feet.

Question: how many miles across do we have to go to see the curvature in the surface of the water on a round earth?

Across what? Question doesn't make sense.

4. If the Earth was round wouldn't Sailors use a small model globe to represent the round earth?

Question: why do sailors use a flat map and not a minature globe?

They use charts with various projections like Mercators projection which allow for earths curvature.

5. A Mariners Compass points north and south at the same time this proves that the Earth is not Round

Question: how do you explain the mariners compass pointing north and south at the same time if the earth is round?

It points that way because of the magnetic field ... it aligns to the field which has a North and a South pole.

6. The idea that, instead of sailing horizontally round the Earth, ships are taken down one side of a globe, then underneath, and are brought up on the other side to get home again, is absurd.

Question: If sailors are going downhill on a round earth and then up it again do they feel upside down?

If you are seriously asking this question you need to go back to school and study physics (probably for many years).

7. If you go to the South Pole on a round earth will you feel upside down? No because the earth is a leveled plane.

Question: if you say there is no up or down if I bring you to the North Pole on a round earth and put you upside down with your head towards the floor. Will you know the difference from standing right side up with you feet on the floor?

LOL

8. A miniature globe has a top, sides and a bottom. So a large globe must have the same. However the reality is there are no sides or bottom so that mean the earth is flat.

Question: If the earth is round what places are on the sides of the round earth and how can you prove that?

Its spherical, the equator defines the mid point .... there are no sides.

9. A Surveyor's plans in relation to the laying of the first Atlantic Telegraph cable, show that in 1665 miles - from Valentia, Ireland, to St . John's, Newfoundland - the surface of the Atlantic Ocean is a LEVEL surface Question: why is it that in 1665 miles the Atlantic Ocean as shown to be leveled?

Wot? Its the length of the cable!!!!

10. The British Ship Challenger recently completed the circuit of the Southern region - indirectly, to be sure - but she was three years about it, and traversed nearly 69,000 miles - a stretch long enough to have taken her six times round on the globular hypothesis. This is a proof that Earth is not a globe.

Well you know us British always stopping for a cup of tea and we like to take in the sights, do a bit of sun bathing you know ... never the direct route.

You're a very funny guy (I hope).

You're a very funny guy (I hope).

The guy(s) who made the videos, are offering $1,000 to debunk.

No one claimed the $1000 reward yet

The guy(s) who made the videos, are offering $1,000 to debunk.

No one claimed the $1000 reward yet

Why would anyone bother ... make it a million and I'll do it myself.

• Like 1

No one will ever get the reward because even if it was debunked the debunkers would just be ignored. Conspiracy theorists are never the type to admit they are wrong when presented with evidence stronger than their own. i can admit when i am being stupid though, such as how i continue to post in this thread with argumentative posts. This will be my last post here. Believe whatever you want, it doesn't hurt me none. Good day :)

Hehe. That applies to everyone, Flolfolil.

People on all sides will rarely ever acknowledge evidence that they are wrong.

Most people are just not that open minded. To be able to let go of all that they knew, that it could be wrong..

Not an easy thing.

Peace

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon

Horizon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia will get you disqualified from the $1,000,000 reward.

Trouble is that even if I won the award I couldn't ever travel to receive it. Where I live the earth is very, very curved and if I go more than few miles I start to slide and I get frightened I'll never get home.

• Like 2