SonOfTheGods

WIKILEAKS FLAT EARTH CONSPIRACY

Fuck's sake. This is the 21st century! I hope nobody here still believes eclipses are when the Sun gets eaten.

Just watch a ship move towards you from over the horizon. You see the mast first, because the earth is curved.

Go up in a plane. You see the curve.

Besides, what would motivate governments to lie about the shape of the world? Unimaginable effort... for what? The lulz?

• Like 2

can you prove it is LIVE?

Not since the digital TV revolution... NOW EVERYTHING on a high def high quality flat screen TV looks like live TV.

Used to be you could distinguish the framerate difference... Live TV used "Look live" because of high framerates.

Problem is, that in and of itself could have been a "decoy" of sorts :lol: who knows anymore?

Still, let's organize a team to excavate the earth.

Fuck's sake. This is the 21st century! I hope nobody here still believes eclipses are when the Sun gets eaten.

Just watch a ship move towards you from over the horizon. You see the mast first, because the earth is curved.

Go up in a plane. You see the curve.

Besides, what would motivate governments to lie about the shape of the world? Unimaginable effort... for what? The lulz?

Earth is a prison. everyone born here is a prisoner. FFS.

Not since the digital TV revolution... NOW EVERYTHING on a high def high quality flat screen TV looks like live TV.

Used to be you could distinguish the framerate difference... Live TV used "Look live" because of high framerates.

Problem is, that in and of itself could have been a "decoy" of sorts :lol: who knows anymore?

Still, let's organize a team to excavate the earth.

No because my cell phone wouldn't get a signal.

...... there is something physically, mentally, and spiritually defective about that excuse... o_O

Yeah I know, but I didn't want to type that the world's military might be surrounding those protected areas ;)

oops..

I am not disagreeing with you. However, I have never taken a flight into outer space to capture a photo, so we have to believe that others have accomplished this.

So the question is, do you trust their proof?

Basically, this comes down to a trust issue, if we are relying solely on THEIR photographic evidence.

The space flight videos are not the only example I gave. I absolutely trust their proof. It is true that they could all be faked...incredibly unlikely, but true.

You can get similar evidence from sending your own camcorder into space on a weather balloon or a rocket...attach a gps tracking device, and go find it later, or have it live stream to you. This guy did it:

Or you can even see similar evidence of a spherical earth while traveling on an airplane and looking out the window.

It's not a trust issue, or else being an astronaut yourself and seeing it with your own eyes. The evidence of a spherical earth is literally all around us.

• Like 2

The space flight videos are not the only example I gave. I absolutely trust their proof. It is true that they could all be faked...incredibly unlikely, but true.

You can get similar evidence from sending your own camcorder into space on a weather balloon or a rocket...attach a gps tracking device, and go find it later, or have it live stream to you. This guy did it:

Or you can even see similar evidence of a spherical earth while traveling on an airplane and looking out the window.

It's not a trust issue, or else being an astronaut yourself and seeing it with your own eyes. The evidence of a spherical earth is literally all around us.

pretty dark out there

http://thetaobums.com/topic/31320-i-will-say-something-this-from-my-own-thoughts-as-i-have-yet-to-see-this-anywhere-else/

that video has a glaring flaw: when the camera is upsidedown, the curvature of the earth inverts!

That's just due to the quality of the camcorder.

I just want to say it again.

I am only posting this stuff to shake the comfort zone of some people, to force free thinking.

That's all.

I think most of what I post is often misinterpretted, by the lack of friends I have made here lol i.e., zero

if it takes to become unpopular, only because I push the academic and theological envelope, so be it.

• Like 1

... but only at high enough altitudes? :lol: C'mon is it logical?

No, only that at high enough speeds and with enough disparity between bright and dark areas being recorded on a poor quality camcorder, the image will skew.

What is your counter-argument? That if you look at the earth from high enough, while standing on your head, that the horizon will actually appear to invert? Is that logical? ;)

No, only that at high enough speeds and with enough disparity between bright and dark areas being recorded on a poor quality camcorder, the image will skew.

What is your counter-argument? That if you look at the earth from high enough, while standing on your head, that the horizon will actually appear to invert? Is that logical? ;)

so it comes down to the fact that the filters of technology cannot present the accurate view, that only human eyes at that altitude could "see the truth".

Yeah, that's "more logical".

• Like 2

if you have to force it, it isn't free thinking

lol it's a forum

how can you force someone on a forum?

other than by banning them in order to suppress certain information for varying agendas

Edited by SonOfTheGods

so it comes down to the fact that the filters of technology cannot present the accurate view, that only human eyes at that altitude could "see the truth".

Yeah, that's "more logical".

could not have said it better.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

i could. but i was too lazy to edit it.

if a low quality camera inverts the curvature of the earth *simply because its upsidedown*, then we would see evidence of this all the time... the ground at the bottom of the picture would always curve upward.

But it doesnt do that... except apparently at extremely high altitudes? Because of wind speed?! or what... light refraction? maybe the curvature of the lense???? Where's the logic?!

It doesn't only come down to that. And it could still be argued (pointlessly) by the flat earthers, that the observer is just hallucinating and isn't perceiving the earth from space at all. Some people will believe what they want, regardless of evidence.

Here you go, at 1:40:

That must have been rendered by the experts at the special effects division of NASA. In reality, the earth's horizon inverts into a donut when you go upside down at that altitude. :P

Edited by turtle shell

you do realize that "upsidedown" only refers to the top and bottom of the camera, and there is no point of reference for such in space... right?

Hhm... i wonder if you could render this in Blender...

I can understand the atmospheric "mirage effect" giving way to that donut shape... it makes sense if you've ever seeh heat rising from a metal object in the sun, or if you've watched an african sunset.

Im actually truly beginning to wonder if it's spherical or not :lol:

But the most compelling evidence the earth is roung is in the shape of the ocean floors... the terrain of our planet would not LOOK LIKE IT WAS shaped by our orbit if we were not, in fact, in orbit.

But im sure flat earth theories might explain that too eventually :lol:

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant