SonOfTheGods

WIKILEAKS FLAT EARTH CONSPIRACY

The church claimed erroneously that the earth was the center of the universe. Anyone questioning was subject to the inquisition. The views expressed in the OP are nothing but anthropocentric.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/galileo/galileoaccount.html

http://physics.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physics7/Notes_www/node52.html

From their view point, it was. They may have been mistaken.

How are the views anthropocentric?

I have to say, you are being far more judgmental then quite a few of other people who have shared here.

Its that view point of, I am right and you are wrong, that started things like the inquisition.

No room for new views. No room to just imagine and wonder.

No, it must be THIS way or you are wrong. It MUST be my way. We are the majority here, so we are RIGHT.

So, before you say that someone else is acting in a manner similar to the inquisition, you may want to look at your own behavior.

Peace!

From their view point, it was. They may have been mistaken.

How are the views anthropocentric?

I have to say, you are being far more judgmental then quite a few of other people who have shared here.

Its that view point of, I am right and you are wrong, that started things like the inquisition.

No room for new views. No room to just imagine and wonder.

No, it must be THIS way or you are wrong. It MUST be my way. We are the majority here, so we are RIGHT.

So, before you say that someone else is acting in a manner similar to the inquisition, you may want to look at your own behavior.

Peace!

The shape of the earth is a given and yet some want it to imagine it to be different in reality. Go ahead and waste your time with fanciful illusions! You are wrong and science is correct.

The shape of the earth is a given and yet some want it to imagine it to be different in reality. Go ahead and waste your time with fanciful illusions! You are wrong and science is correct.

Maybe it is, maybe it is not. I cant say. I have not gone to space and looked at the earth. I do not know the universes truth so I cannot say if what I perceive is true.

Its not a waste of time for me. Its a wonderful expense of time! hehe.

I would rather have a flexible mind then one closed. No matter the reason for its closure.

Thank you for coming to share your opinion, Ralis. I have gained much from it.

Peace

First ten / fifteen minutes he covers Greek discovery that earth is round.

Maybe it is, maybe it is not. I cant say. I have not gone to space and looked at the earth. I do not know the universes truth so I cannot say if what I perceive is true.

Its not a waste of time for me. Its a wonderful expense of time! hehe.

I would rather have a flexible mind then one closed. No matter the reason for its closure.

Thank you for coming to share your opinion, Ralis. I have gained much from it.

Peace

This argument is not flexible vs. inflexible. I am a creative thinker but there are some subjects that serve no purpose to debate or even believe in. Flat earth belief systems are nonsensical!

• Like 2

This argument is not flexible vs. inflexible. I am a creative thinker but there are some subjects that serve no purpose to debate or even believe in. Flat earth belief systems are nonsensical!

Sure it is. You believe the earth is round. You are fighting any opposing belief system using words.

I rather stay open to both options. Since I have little way of knowing and even if I did know, based on the perception problem, I would not really know.

Since you seem to be having a hard time understanding the reasons why this is enjoyable, then we should just not talk about it.

Those of us who do enjoy this will continue. You dont have to read this stuff. You dont have to reply.

There is nobody to convert here.

That defeats the purpose. Switching one paradigm for another is not my purpose here. Its to see both and choose neither.

as best that I can, atleast. haha.

Anywho, I hope you have a good dose of happiness, Ralis! We all need that. hah.

Peace.

Sure it is. You believe the earth is round. You are fighting any opposing belief system using words.

I rather stay open to both options. Since I have little way of knowing and even if I did know, based on the perception problem, I would not really know.

Since you seem to be having a hard time understanding the reasons why this is enjoyable, then we should just not talk about it.

Those of us who do enjoy this will continue. You dont have to read this stuff. You dont have to reply.

There is nobody to convert here.

That defeats the purpose. Switching one paradigm for another is not my purpose here. Its to see both and choose neither.

as best that I can, atleast. haha.

Anywho, I hope you have a good dose of happiness, Ralis! We all need that. hah.

Peace.

Belief and faith have nothing to do with the shape of the earth. Science can prove the shape by empirical research which is based on observation/measurement.

By foisting such absurd ideologies on persons who may not be well educated, you are responsible for spreading lies and misinformation which is no different than the papal anthropocentric lies during the time of Galileo.

Have you ever taken a science course or been to college? Are you home schooled?

Belief and faith have nothing to do with the shape of the earth. Science can prove the shape by empirical research which is based on observation/measurement.

By foisting such absurd ideologies on persons who may not be well educated, you are responsible for spreading lies and misinformation which is no different than the papal anthropocentric lies during the time of Galileo.

Have you ever taken a science course or been to college? Are you home schooled?

You make good points.

Your points still miss my main point. You say it is based on observation. All things are.

How does one observe?

Thru perception.

What is perception?

A very limited experience of what is really there. It is also filtered thru beliefs and attention.

So, it actually does have allot to do with perception. Everything does. Since everything is experienced thru perception.

There is no separation.

If you can separate it, please do tell me. That would be fascinating!

Yet again, you misinterpret what I am saying. I have not said, the earth is absolutely flat.

What i have said is, I wonder if it is flat....how would that work? what would that mean? what if everything I know/ was told is wrong?

BIG difference.

Schooling has little to do with intelligence. Actually, I have found, people who are un-schooled, are more able to become educated and think intelligently.

Intelligent, rational thinking is something children do all the time. Of course, the does depend on how the child was raised, what they eat, etc.

Yet, many are capable of it.

The thing you seem to be missing is that what science says it knows, it does not really know. Its just the best working guess, at the moment.

That will change. Will the guess about the earths shape change? Maybe, maybe not.

That is unimportant for this thought journey.

People can choose what to believe and what not to believe. if a person wants to believe the earth is flat, that is their choice.

If they want to believe the earth is round, that is their choice.

Respecting choice is important, I feel. Instead of pushing my view onto them, I allow them to choose for their own self.

Now, have I taken a science course officially? No. Have I been to college? No. Am I home schooled? No.

Does that mean I cannot think in a fluid, intelligent, logical manner? No, it does not.

If anything, my mind is more fluid and open because i have not trained it to fit inside any box.

You still have not even spoken to the point I keep making over and over again (perception/ point of this exercise) and instead choose to try and make me understand your point of view.

I do understand it. I am pretty sure I did not say otherwise.

You are refusing to see any other point of view and are just attacking without making any real attempt at communication.

So, I am done replying to this type of post.

If you would like to join me in pondering the wonderful possibilities in the universe, I would enjoy it.

tis always fun to have someone knowledge in areas I am not so precise in, to give a new perspective.

Otherwise, I am choosing to ignore the pointless bantering/ arguing/ cock measuring.

I hope you have a great day!

Peace