Rebel Emperor

Ambition - Be a Mountain Sage

You know your spiritual progress would be much faster if you were to work on the lower chakras and grounding issues, most of this is coming from emotional trauma from this life and past lifes, and belief systems. Meditation and energy work can often be used as a method to numb these blockages living in ones body and aura, but if ones body did not contain these traumas then they would not need to numb themselves in a similar way to people taking drugs or junk food or alchohol. The more the lower chakras are free the more powerful the rest is, you cannot progress very easily without the lower stuff being cleared out and good beliefs about money, society, relationships etc,

I suggest the yuen method, eft matrix reimprinting and the healing codes, all can be found at the top of the contributed articles section.

Also if you want to dedicate more time for cultivation there are cheap places to live in India and Nepal eg a hut for 80p a day, the more religious places to live are not really so great, people have this idea that the only authentic source of spirituality is to learn from "real authentic foreign people who may have no money" , this is not always neccessarily the case, however yes one can learn many things and encounter great friendships in this way too.

peace

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

I didn't build the hut (mine would have been worse lol), but in general people are busy doing their thing and don't necessarily have the inclination to teach/help others hut building... especially with the language barrier. However I think doing a trial run in the area you live in for a couple of years first would get past many problems. Hut building is more difficult than one might think.

Have you seen the Amongst White Clouds documentary? It is quite awesome, and inspiring. It also shows a bit of the reality, such as the one lady who lived on the one same vegetable for her first year before the garden got going. Then the huge hike to get water regularly. Pretty awesome setup eventually though.

Out of pure curiosity, how come in China in particular? I'm guessing you have been there a few times already and just love it, but I had to ask. I've been tempted to move to a few of the remote areas in the places around the world I have visited :).

You know your spiritual progress would be much faster if you were to work on the lower chakras and grounding issues,

Also if you want to dedicate more time for cultivation there are cheap places to live in India and Nepal eg a hut for 80p a day, the more religious places to live are not really so great, people have this idea that going to live in a poor country and learning from poor spiritual people must be better or something, a lot of the time, those people are far more religious and far more conniving and manipulative towards westerners.

peace

I've heard about cheap huts in India, Nepal, Cambodia, that are cheap and you can even arrange for some rudimentary food every few days. Does anyone have experience with them? For example, how much is 80p?

Thanks

Michael

(To the OP)

Actually you can do it even without money , it is possible . It is doable , of course it is , but there may be another sets of problems to deal with .

There are so many things in life that are doable , but most of the people say -- no it is not possible , you cant do this , it is dangerous ,arent you scared , are you sure ?-- better think over it 5 times and give up if you want to be safe ..

Predominatly it is the question of getting priorities right .

..but why are you telling us this , is it because you felt excited about it ? Or ?

Anyway report how is it going ..

Edited by suninmyeyes

I've heard about cheap huts in India, Nepal, Cambodia, that are cheap and you can even arrange for some rudimentary food every few days. Does anyone have experience with them? For example, how much is 80p?

Thanks

Michael

Michael , there are cheap places in India and Nepal ,there are places that if people know that you are there just for sadhana (as in for real , not just a cheapskate ) they let you stay for free . There are also many people in some types of organisations who are so beautiful and honest and non manipulative too and really willing to help when they see someone came and took so much time out of regular life just for practise .

This is not on the internet or advertised , you get to know much things from people and other practicioners , and than many doors just open ..

Otherwise huts vary in price depending how simple they are , usually if it is a meditation hut food would be available over there as often it is a complex with few huts .

(edit after rereading ..)

Whenever I go travelling I try find out how does a person of same/similar job do in another country , which means similarish needs and lifestyle and align myself with it (hope it makes more sense after editing , not sure though ..).

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

Let's be honest here. 99.999999999999999999999999% of the world's population can't become a mountain sage hermit cos they lack the will power to cut off their addiction to the internet and entertainment of the city life.

And most importantly, most of humanity can't cut off their addictions to sex and good food which is why most can't leave the city life.

Sheer willpower alone is only theoretically capable of powering the body past death... to wit, I've never died, nor have the intent to deliberately engage in death just to prove (or disprove) anything, ever.

Though, as a work in progress, I do hope that will power alone can and will propel all intent beyond the 'scientifically', 'rational', or 'realistic' possibilities... I consider subtle memes of relativity to be proof enough of the potential, and all that remains is practice.

Nintendo is supposedly to mean "Leave luck to the heavens", which, as I can interpret, as a video game console, is to suggest that will power is skill power, but there isn't anything you can ever do about a bad roll of the dice. when you roll bad and perform well, you have strong will: Good skill.

I will leave luck to the heavens if I were you.

Tenzin Palmo http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzin_Palmo went off and spent 12 years in a cave in the mountains, 3 of those in strict retreat. The way it is done is through sponsorship so essential food is brought to you so you can spend your time in practice, even then it is risky because snow cut off her food for sometimes weeks at a time.

Through a Buddhist lineage you can do such retreats with sponsorship but generally you need many years intense preparation and study beyond what would be PhD level in the west as well as empowerments and initiations otherwise your mind may not cope and you may get overwhelmed by what comes up. All of that hostility in your mind may eat you up without it.

• Like 2

There is nothing inherently good about being a "mountain sage", otherwise various hillbillies would be Buddhas.

In Vajrayana, retreat is a platform to do your practices. It is merely an opportunity to be dedicated to your practices.

• Like 2

One word, Tulku

he's back

Yeah, but at least the post isn't as crazy as their previous ones. Even people like him make progress. i am proud :)

• Like 1

But I have heard of people going to live in a cave for months or even years with a minimum of food. Their cultivation allowed them to do that.

Maybe that's a good idea. Try for a month and if it is working then continue.

be aware of parasites, bacteria, etc. in the local water systems and how to treat any of that stuff. Do the Lonely planet guides for the regions you go to...Research it well before you go. Don't get sick!

• Like 1

Why do you feel the need to go to Asia. Can you not become reclusive where you are now?

• Like 1

Dudjom Rinpoche wrote a famous retreat guide. Anyway, Mahasiddhas, including Milarepa, were practicing serious stuff like karmamudra. They weren't just sitting around meditating.

Edited by alwayson
  • Like 1

I will meditate and chant for at least 6-12 hours a day,

I don't care what tradition you practice, Christian, Sufi etc., but IMO meditation and chanting will do nothing

Edited by alwayson

And most importantly, most of humanity can't cut off their addictions to sex and good food which is why most can't leave the city life.

In Vajrayana, sex is used on the path. So no problem for us.

Edited by alwayson