adept

Xiang Gong - Fragrant Qigong

23 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I think it would be a good idea for you to carry ear plugs with you a lot of the time and use them whenever you are in a noisy environment.  I do that now.

Not wanting to go off topic but since that I always carry my musican custom made earplugs to every gig/concert, they cut off unwanted noise and even give a better spectrum and clarity of the music you're listening, so in this sense you're absolutely right, and I advice every musican and/or concert goer to do the same. 

Edited by Victor
  • Like 1

Wonderful, I will PM so I won't disperse the topic.

I was also wondering why did such a powerful practice not spread much more than it actually did? I understand that Chinese Communist goverment didn't like big groups of people gathering so it banned it, but now with the help of Internet it should have spread all over the globe. Maybe daily commitment it's the obstacle?

Thabk you again,I think I understand. Last observation, probably common to every QiGong style: I find that since I practice I sleep much less and also eat less, like 6 hours at night, but I do not feel tired or confused.

I hope this will not affect my health or mental clarity😂

i'm surprised about this form of qi gong. I have seen the videos and I feel it can work very well on me. I will begin to train it and I will comment how it goes. I am looking at a pdf with does and does not from Dolic and I see he says that we shouldn't concentrate on the movements while we are performing. This is very surprising. What do we have to concentrate on then? Also he says that we can not do meditation if we practise this form. Anyway, I don't think anything very bad can happen if we break these littles rules! :P

Correction: Well, maybe it makes sense, they say you should just relax your mind

Edited by Toni
Correction

I want to share my experiences after more than 3 months doing fragrant qigong. I have done level 1 for three months, and just this has improved my health and wellbeing a lot. It gives you a lot of energy, and it cleanses your stomach very well, among countless other benefits. Now I am doing level 2 too, and it seems it has great benefits as well, but I have only been doing it for the last few days, so I must rather wait more to make a good judgement. But it does seem that it is like a beauty therapy. I have learnt it throught Sifu John Dolic, I bought his dvds, which are a good help.

Also, I want to say that I have taught level 1 to some friends, and they all fell much better after doing it. One of them even admitted to me that in just a few sessions it healed a problem he had. So I strongly recommend this style of qigong to everybody, as it is as simple as efficient

• Like 2

On 8/10/2018 at 2:04 PM, Victor said:

Hi, just wanted to share my short personal experience with this form and ask something about the second level.

I've been doing the first level for about a month and a half, two times a day. I tried to follow strictly the rules for the practice, and I strongly advise to do so to everyone.

As for the healing, I had some nasty condition that involves nerve entrampent and muscle spasm that seems to be like 80% gone.

Also, my tinnitus reverted from quite noticeable (45 deciBels to give an aproximation, to almost not udible, I would say 10 dB with a very low buzz tone), so in this regard I'm very happy and looking forward to achieve 1 year of practice.

Generally I feel more confident, have more energy, my mood lifted and my temperament molded a bit. I also find that I enjoy music much more than before and eat less.

As for the sensation during practice, I have to say that I am an absolute beginner in QiGong, so maybe I just experienced the normal way of things. My sensations are: buzzing in ears, numbness in hands and feet, deep relaxation of leg muscles, feeling of something dripping inside my throath and inside my eustachian tubes and ears. During the meditation part: intense cold, inexplicable happiness, goosebumps and "vision" of a river and/or a big waterfall when I close my eyes. Never smelled anything unusual, but after practice the smell of things seems to be much stronger.

I hope this short report can help someone.

For the second level I wanted to ask if it's better to get the Dvd from Master John Dolic?  I understand that learning from the PDF source leads to an incomplete teaching, since the movement are more complicated than the first level. 

Also, if you know any knowledgeable master in Europe I could consider to personally learn from him. I'm Italian, so if it's possible to meet him in southern Europe I would be really happy.

When I'll complete the 'six months trial' 😂 of this practice I'm considering to introduce my family to it, so hopefully we will do group practice and again test this system with more people.

P.S.

(Special thanks to Earl Grey 😀 for solving  some doubts about Xiang Gong practice)

Ciao Victor,

Would you mind to share how did you start practicing Qigong, through a teacher or using videos and if so which videos. Besides my interest in Qigong to deal with my aging process I was happy to hear about the results of the practice  regarding your tinitus. I I  have tinitus too

On 8/10/2018 at 2:04 PM, Victor said:

Hi, just wanted to share my short personal experience with this form and ask something about the second level.

I've been doing the first level for about a month and a half, two times a day. I tried to follow strictly the rules for the practice, and I strongly advise to do so to everyone.

As for the healing, I had some nasty condition that involves nerve entrampent and muscle spasm that seems to be like 80% gone.

Also, my tinnitus reverted from quite noticeable (45 deciBels to give an aproximation, to almost not udible, I would say 10 dB with a very low buzz tone), so in this regard I'm very happy and looking forward to achieve 1 year of practice.

Generally I feel more confident, have more energy, my mood lifted and my temperament molded a bit. I also find that I enjoy music much more than before and eat less.

As for the sensation during practice, I have to say that I am an absolute beginner in QiGong, so maybe I just experienced the normal way of things. My sensations are: buzzing in ears, numbness in hands and feet, deep relaxation of leg muscles, feeling of something dripping inside my throath and inside my eustachian tubes and ears. During the meditation part: intense cold, inexplicable happiness, goosebumps and "vision" of a river and/or a big waterfall when I close my eyes. Never smelled anything unusual, but after practice the smell of things seems to be much stronger.

I hope this short report can help someone.

For the second level I wanted to ask if it's better to get the Dvd from Master John Dolic?  I understand that learning from the PDF source leads to an incomplete teaching, since the movement are more complicated than the first level. 

Also, if you know any knowledgeable master in Europe I could consider to personally learn from him. I'm Italian, so if it's possible to meet him in southern Europe I would be really happy.

When I'll complete the 'six months trial' 😂 of this practice I'm considering to introduce my family to it, so hopefully we will do group practice and again test this system with more people.

P.S.

(Special thanks to Earl Grey 😀 for solving  some doubts about Xiang Gong practice)

Ciao Victor,

Would you mind to share how did you start practicing Qigong, through a teacher or using videos and if so which videos. Besides my interest in Qigong to deal with my aging process I was happy to hear about the results of the practice  regarding your tinitus. I I  have tinitus too

Posted (edited)

I can't reply for Victor by personally i got involved when i found the Level 1 pdf. You can start from there and some videos on youtube. The problem is that most videos show wrong forms so you will need to gradually figure out things on yourself or find a teacher in the process.

PS if you do intend to start, there are a ton of warnings to heed regarding the timing before and after drinking/eating, practicing during storms etc.

Edited by Zork