adept

Xiang Gong - Fragrant Qigong

On 11/05/2021 at 8:37 PM, MPENA said:

Hi, can kids do FQ? I got a 6 yo and an 8 yo who are keen on joining me whenever they see me practice. 

I wouldn't advise children to practice any sort of qigong. Their energy systems are still developing. 

• Like 1

Thanks. Will take note of this.

On 14/05/2021 at 5:33 AM, Vajra Fist said:

I wouldn't advise children to practice any sort of qigong. Their energy systems are still developing. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 5:33 PM, Vajra Fist said:

To share a different opinion, Master Lin of SFQG says qigong is great for kids, and because they are young and still developing. Also if they have accumulated any blockages they work them out very quickly.

He also said, they tend to develop very quickly because of those points as well.

Edited by JohnC

Posted (edited)
On 17/05/2021 at 4:54 PM, JohnC said:

To share a different opinion, Master Lin of SFQG says qigong is great for kids, and because they are young and still developing. Also if they have accumulated any blockages they work them out very quickly.

He also said, they tend to develop very quickly because of those points as well.

I recall that other teachers, like Damo Mitchell recommend otherwise.

It's a bit like whether fasting or weight training is appropriate for children. 

Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad, but as a parent, would you take the risk?

Edited by Vajra Fist

22 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

I recall that other teachers, like Damo Mitchell recommend otherwise.

Perhaps the difference can be accounted for by the different practices being taught. Having children do things that will powerfully effect their jing (neigong and neidan) vs more medically oriented systems.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Creation said:

Perhaps the difference can be accounted for by the different practices being taught. Having children do things that will powerfully effect their jing (neigong and neidan) vs more medically oriented systems.

Difficult to know which system does what though. Personally, I've found xiang gong to be more powerful than anything I've ever tried before, although technically its a medical qigong. 

Stuff like yoga might be appropriate for children, as its more like calisthenics. But as a parent myself, I wouldn't encourage my eight-year-old to do any meditation or qigong, as that works directly on the energy system, which isn't yet fully developed in children. Each to their own though.

Edited by Vajra Fist