Kasuku

SUNN YEE GONG - COMMENTS ATTAINMENTS?

I did not understand your query at all.

Hearfield isn't the only one with this system. I will repost this.

You can obtain all of the seated, standing and short moving forms for about 150-200usd. 54 meditations. The long moving forms will cost extra. If you simply look hard enough you'll find the other teacher online.

For someone like myself who works an average of 50-80 hours a week (or worked rather) the teaching style/demands of Sifu Hearfield didn't really sync very well. I would've preferred an entire level 1 training package instead of having to make videos of myself practicing and then converting them and them finally sending BUT! Hearfield was very informative when I had a question. Things happen for a reason and as it stands I sincerely believe now that I'm headed up the mountain on the path that has my name on it.

• Like 2

I want to ask Garry here if it is OK to practice first level of SYG after other dynamic qi gongs. I am doing Chan Mi Gong as well which is working with spine column (washing it). Then I was thinking to do static SYG after few minutes.

From my experience, whenever I did something like Hung Lung Hei Gung and finished up with a seated SYG it helped dissolve and mellow me out. It helped.

• Like 1

From my experience, whenever I did something like Hung Lung Hei Gung and finished up with a seated SYG it helped dissolve and mellow me out. It helped.

Thanks. I will be doing another dynamic qigong following by SYG level 1.

Was thinking to practice zazen but I suppose SYG is much more efficient than just quiet sitting.

Might be zazen is broken Boddhidharma's method. I just wanted to attend local zen community for group meditation.

But they just sit and nothing more. I would better practice SYG and dynamic qigong.

Hi H. :)

Its true bro, we all have our paths, I was happy that you gave it a shot and u have been nothing more than kind. As you know I am a Sifu that needs to see and or feel the student has advanced and understood what I have given them. Its not a bad thing its the right thing a teacher should do. The DVDs that are out by all means people learn it and do what you please with it, but someone that is my To Dai they will learn the way I teach them cause its not a DVD they are in person. The standing moving meditations will be released when its the right time and so far I want to put the seated and standing static meditations as these are more important than the moving.

As for MPWay, I hear that the 72 meditations lacey has is doing its rounds and as discussed via PM just today, these are demos of the meditations, it doesnt give you any information on the system or how it all works, when, why etc. So for 150 dollars you can have 72 meditations that you have no idea about that are also bad quality footage cause yes ive also seen them.

Eugene, you should stick with FP bro, Sifu Terry is a good teacher and friend & its best you stick with FP as you have done it for so long now and gaining much from his DVDs, ive read many of the post u guys have on the FP thread and its great stuff.

Sifu Garry

• Like 3

Drew it says that the vitality is fully developed. It doesnt say tha it has to filled into the LDT. If a full LDT equals full vitality then

we are also somewhat of dead. There has to be enough generative force. Sure on preface "Regulated breathing is meant deep breathing that reaches the lower abdomen to arouse the inner fire and then bring pressure on the generative force to rise in the channel of control in the spine to the head. etc."xii

One has to have this generative force cleansed by MCO first first then this can follow : "The continued ascends and descents cleanse and purify the generative force which is then held in the lower tan t`ien under the navel so that it can be transmuted into vitality" Lower Dantien is third step. Generative force is first to have, then one has to cleanse it by MCO is second ,then it stays

in LDT. For MCO one needs to know the original Cavity so it placed as equal to the LDT but in the beginning only as cavity as path

and LDT to move the MCO.

yep -- fill the lower tan tien with yin chi first. Generative force is Yin Chi.

So the vitality (yang chi) is brought down from the upper tan tien - it is prenatal vitality - it then combines with the NEGATIVE generative force of the lower tan tien - yin jing energy. This then creates yin chi energy as generative force. When that fills up then the vitality descending from the upper tan tien combines with the yin chi -- so you get yang chi (vitality from the upper tan tien) plus yin chi to make generative force as TRUE vitality -- or prenatal vitality as yin shen energy -- spirit-vitality. That is the moving of the cauldron to the middle tan tien.

The FIRE (generative force or yin chi) always stays in the lower tan tien as generative force but the alchemical CAULDRON moves from the lower tan tien to the middle tan tien. So that is the mixing of the dragon and tiger - or the Sun and Moon meditations as Level three of Spring Forest Qigong.

But now you have moved me off topic from the original erroneous claim that the first chapter was to fill the upper tan tien.

You have agreed with me, by reading the text, that the first chapter is to build up the generative force of the lower tan tien - it is to fill up the generative force as yin chi energy. This is discussed for a few more chapters. Until about chapter six.

So since we agree about the generative force I was just clarifying things for you -- and so obviously there's no point to continue - obviously it should not have taken so long to establish that such a blatant erroneous claim was made about such an important internal alchemy training book.

I still have not noticed that similarity - why does both Mo Pai and this system, the focus of this thread, both have "72" training levels?

Just a coincidence?

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

OH

MANY

with 72 levels?

Really?

This is the

FIRST

time I have seen 72 levels except for Mo Pai.

I'm sure there are others with more - but that's NOT

my point.

haha.

Now I will repeat my original post - before I got "derailed" by someone making a blatantly errononeous claim about a very important training manual and then the person refused to admit the obvious. haha.

Posted Yesterday, 03:03 PM

So doesn't Mo Pai also have 72 levels? Just a coincidence? Seems rather similar - focus on first filling up the lower tan tien. That is the standard internal alchemy practice as in "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality."

So filling up the lower tan tien is the yin chi and then the yang chi combines with it to create the "thunder" - the prenatal vitality or shen energy....

Notice how the quotes from the book completely confirmed what I said.

Still waiting for the answer about the mysterious SAME

number of 72 levels.

There is many systems that have 72 some even more..wild goose qi kung just off the top of my head.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

There is much more Kunlun kung fu, qi kung, nei gung in kunlun mountains, no one said wild goose was the only Kunlun system.

72 Levels sounds like a huge system, what is its core, purpose for having 72 levels?

Practicing KUNLUN System releases all the energies that do not serve for a higher purpose, clears the channels and purifies the nervous system, 72 000 nerves(or nadis).

Wow Kunlun is trademarked!?

An ancient secret Taoist teaching - Shambala location - TRADEMARKED. haha.

http://www.kunlunheartbliss.com/

• Like 1

Channels of flow for the prana. There are 72,000 nadis, of which 72 are vital. Of those 72, three major nadis are important for the understanding of Kundalini Yoga: ida, pingala, sushmuna.

http://quizlet.com/16615485/print/

So that kind of brings it back to the Small Universe meditation - the 'old MCO - doesn't it?

• Like 1

Never said a word about kunlun, yeh there is many arts that use many meditations and dao yin exercises.

well there is 18 levels -4 per levels = 72 meditations.

Yep got that already - it didn't answer why Mo Pai and this system both have 72.

So you have to remember that 72 levels is really 18 with 4 meds per level. 18x4=72.

See then you mentioned a THIRD having 72 - Wild Goose - so I searched it and found that it is considered a KUNLUN training -- and then....

presto....

MAX's KUNLUN is a FOURTH system based on making this "72" -- connection -- and so then I find the original

REASON

why it is based on 72.

From Indian yoga nadis --

so you want me to go into 72 based on Indian astrotheology?

o.k....

From it 72,000 nadis are said to be spread throughout the body, each branching off into another 72,000. They move in every direction and have countless outlets and functions.

The Siva Samhita mentions 350,000 nadis of which 14 are stated to be important. The three most vital are Sushumna, Ida, Pingala.8

http://www.subtleanatomy.com/Nadis.htm

72,000 -- I know this is based on the Solar calendar.

Hold on.

Hindu units of time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_units_of_time‎
One cycle of the above four Yugas is one Mahā-Yuga (4.32 million solar years); as is ... + (72,000 years)[deva years] / 6 = 12,000[deva years] viz. one maha yuga. ... This Kaliyuga began in the year 3102 BC in the proleptic Julian Calendar.

and

• as is confirmed by the Gītā Śloka 8.17 (statement) "sahasra-yuga-paryantam ahar yad brahmaṇo viduḥ rātriṁ yuga-sahasrāntāṁ te 'ho-rātra-vido janāḥ", meaning, a day of brahma is of 1000 Mahā-Yuga. Thus a day of Brahma, Kalpa, is of duration: 4.32 billion solar years. Two Kalpas constitute a day and night(Adhi Sandhi) of Brahma
  • A Manvatara consists of 71 Mahā-Yuga (306,720,000 solar years). Each Manvatara is ruled by a Manu.
  • After each Manvatara follows one Saṃdhi Kalā of the same duration as a Kṛta Yuga (1,728,000 = 4 Caraṇa). (It is said that during a Saṃdhi Kalā, the entire earth is submerged in water.)
  • A Kalpa consists of a period of 4.32 Billion solar years called followed by 14 Manvataras and Saṃdhi Kalas.
  • A day of Brahma equals
  • (14 times 71 Mahā-Yuga) + (15 × 4 Caraṇas)
  • = 994 Mahā-Yuga + (15 * 4800)
  • = 994 Mahā-Yuga + (72,000 years)[deva years] / 6 = 12,000[deva years] viz. one maha yuga.
  • = 994 Mahā-Yuga + 6 Mahā-Yuga
  • = 1,000 Mahā-Yuga
  • Like 1

A solar term is any of 24 points in traditional East Asian lunisolar calendars that matches a particular astronomical event or signifies some natural phenomenon. The points are spaced 15° apart along the ecliptic and are used by lunisolar calendars to stay synchronized with the seasons, which is crucial for agrarian societies. The solar terms are also used to calculate intercalary months in East Asian calendars; which month is repeated depends on the position of the sun at the time.

Solar terms originated in China, then spread to Korea, Vietnam, and Japan. This is exhibited by the fact that traditional Chinese, Hanja, and Kanji characters for most of the solar terms are identical.

Because the Sun's speed along the ecliptic varies depending on the Earth-Sun distance, the number of days that it takes the Sun to travel between each pair of solar terms varies slightly throughout the year. Each solar term is divided into three pentads (候 hou), so there are 72 pentads in a year. Each pentad consists of five, rarely six, days, and are mostly named after biological or botanical phenomena corresponding to the pentad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_term

Whats the big deal if it has 72 meds like mo pai? lmfao seriously u want to know why I dont know why YOUR Mo pai has 72 levels no one has seen them...

Why do you say "mine"?

Are you asking me if I practice "MO Pai"?

haha.

Or are you just assuming I practice Mo Pai?

I can't tell.

Wait - you ARE assuming I practice Mo Pai.

O.K. got cha.

Basic logical error on your part.

No big deal.

So I am just pointing out the original reason for the 72.

No one could answer my question - so I just answered it for myself.

haha.

• Like 1

Drew.

The Wildgoose Kunlun and the Max Christensen Kunlun are two different Arts which are not even are having the same techniques.

No really? I never said they were the same.

Hello? Do I really have to SPELL everything out. haha.

Oh - I didn't link to the THREAD that I got the same 72 connection.

So my question was about 72

O.K.

Now I will slowly, very slowly, repeat my line of thinking. It was pointed out to me that not only Mo Pai but also Wild Goose has 72 levels.

So that was the THIRD system that has 72 levels. So I googled 72 Wild Goose and guess what?

Wild goose qigong, Dayan qigong, Kunlun - General Discussion ...

thetaobums.com › Tao LoungeGeneral Discussion
May 30, 2008 - 13 posts - 6 authors
Wild goose qigong, Dayan qigong, Kunlun - posted in General ... 12 of the 72 levels of wild goose, and who is a disciple of the kunlun school, ...
You visited this page on 6/2/13.

O.K. now I'm going to enter into this thread.

Hold on so your brain doesn't BURST. haha.

Wun Yuen Gong

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

There is much more Kunlun kung fu, qi kung, nei gung in kunlun mountains, no one said wild goose was the only Kunlun system.

72 Levels sounds like a huge system, what is its core, purpose for having 72 levels?

Here is now someone asking why Kunlun has 72 levels.

So that makes FOUR.

Get it?

Why 72?

That was my original question. No one answered it.

All four have 72.

I gave the answer.

Do you want me to give the answer again?

I never said any of them were the same.

But guess what - the 72 is based on solar-lunar calendars and internal alchemy is also based on solar-lunar calendars and Indian yoga and the Small Universe both use the three main channels from the 72 levels (Chinese solar calendar) of the 72,000 nadis (Indian Solar calendar).

Personally I find it kind of fascinating.

Oh I'm sorry -- I meant "Kunlun" school - not Max's Kunlun.

HAHAHA.

i wasn't in any way implying that wild goose was the only system of the kunlun school. just like chen style tai chi chuan isn't the only system of wudan school. but the wudan school IS familiar with all the arts that it teaches, and my elder friend IS a disciple of the kunlun school, not just the wild goose system.

So that leaves my next discovery that Max's Kunlun is also based on the "mystical" 72 number.

Kunlun Tao
kunlun-tao.com/‎
The name “Kunlun System®” has been given to this practice by our teacher Max ... the body's nervous system, which is comprised of 72,000 nerves or nadis.
Formless And True » KUNLUN® System
www.formlessandtrue.com/?page_id=15‎
Max Christensen's KUNLUN NEI GUNG™: Taoist Alchemy Practice for ... Practicing KUNLUN™ Method regularly will purify the entire body as the 72,000 nadis ...

So yeah I am demystifying this 72 stuff.

it takes the Sun to travel between each pair of solar terms varies slightly throughout the year. Each solar term is divided into three pentads (候 hou), so there are 72 pentads in a year.

Thats pretty cool.

So are you suggesting that each level some how corresponds to the yearly position to the sun? An by somehow the energy circuits of the human body open to this influence of the sun?

This is is interesting if you consider the yang shen and the sun chi.

But other than that Drew im not sure where you are going with this. I want to hear your actual theory on this.

Edited by puretruth01