Tatsumaru

What is the secret of being ultra smart ?

so are you asserting its simply a genetic fluke when 1 brother of 3 is able to figure a great many things out faster than the other two, seemingly just by observing something it is all familiar? certainly not to disparage the other two, for they can also be quite intelligent and be at the top of one's class in a given study.

The fact that siblings, who share 50% of their genes, can manifest markedly different triats cannot be used to argue against the underlying genetic basis of phenotypic expression. Lots of sibling sets have different eye and hair colors, but they are still genetic and not environmentally determined. Only if you had said one sibling out of a set of twins or triplets could genetic factors be overlooked.

Many people today tend to downplay the role of genetics because they are under the negative but thoroughly pervading influence of liberalism, whose doctrines specifically espouse the false belief that we are all equal. Their most extreme exponents try to explain away the obvious differences in intelligence between people (and particularly between races) by denying that intelligence even exists in the first place !!!

The fact that siblings, who share 50% of their genes, can manifest markedly different triats cannot be used to argue against the underlying genetic basis of phenotypic expression. Lots of sibling sets have different eye and hair colors, but they are still genetic and not environmentally determined. Only if you had said one sibling out of a set of twins or triplets could genetic factors be overlooked.

Many people today tend to downplay the role of genetics because they are under the negative but thoroughly pervading influence of liberalism, whose doctrines specifically espouse the false belief that we are all equal. Their most extreme exponents try to explain away the obvious differences in intelligence between people (and particularly between races) by denying that intelligence even exists in the first place !!!

Yes, But that doesn't matter. Not even a damn bit. Because Intelligence can be INCREASED!

Also, I'm black. My intelligence should be around 65-85 but it's around 105. Face it, You have no argument so stfu and leave.

Edited by yondaime109

Tripe. rubbish. utter garbage.

pure balderdash.

To hide or hide from the perpetrator of the hardwiring and programming of human brains to serve.

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies. i can see through reality and have nowhere else to go and nothing better to do than expose the truth to all.

Honestly, ask yourself, "WHY did we believe that in the first place?"

Then ask "Who benefits from it?!"

These are important questions to always ask.

Why trust when you can know?

Studies have already been done, And it's been proven that one can increase his intelligence.

I'm not sure if this is applicable to this conversation or not, but based upon my personal experience lately of a combination of celibacy and meditation my desire to learn seems to have increased a lot. Also I feel like as I keep doing this my understanding of cultivation principles has improved. I suppose that is the reason monks do all that cultivation along side their studies, or at least part of the reason.

I'm not sure if this is applicable to this conversation or not, but based upon my personal experience lately of a combination of celibacy and meditation my desire to learn seems to have increased a lot. Also I feel like as I keep doing this my understanding of cultivation principles has improved. I suppose that is the reason monks do all that cultivation along side their studies, or at least part of the reason.

Yes, When a man stops wasting his semen all of the valuable chi energy, minerals, vitamins, etc. Are absorbed by his body and transmuted as vital energy.

This also means there more healthy substances than usual being fed to his brain, So you definitely expect to be a bit more clear. Also, Your dophamine levels increase and as a result, So does your motivation to accomplish your goals.

• Like 1

Interesting. Another aries here(never payed any attention to horoscopes tho) and for a long time I felt like I would help invent something to better peoples lives on this planet when I was younger.

Yes, We Aries the vanguard of the human race. We hate being conventional.

Edited by yondaime109

I have never seen or heard about people as smart as the guy from Limitless, thus I wouldn't consider the obvious methods to be of much help (exercise, read, whatever). We are talking big time visionary here. A person who is a master of the relative (fake) reality.

Quite an entertaining film,...reminded me a little with The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936). I've generally considered brain development a hinderance to spirituality,...but in Limitless,...from my perspective,... Eddie Morra was evolving the abilities for transcendant purposes, not for egomaniac pleasure. How many, statistically speaking, would have progressed as Eddie?

Enlightenment is fundamentally simple,...it is a consequence of observing things as they are. For the most part,....IMO, smarts can be a diversion from that realization,...the realization of observing things as they are.

For me, the film Limitless showed a possibility beyond the drug. Eventually, he no longer needed the drug. Sort of like in the Onge's Hat story,...the "Egg" was no longer needed once they understood the crutch of the "egg." But,...was an "egg" ever really needed to begin with?

http://deoxy.org/inc2.htm

Does one need NZT-48, if one realizes where it can take you? Does one need the "egg," if one realizes where it can take you?

“The mind cannot comprehend an entirely new idea until a corresponding vibratory brain cell has been prepared to receive it.” Charles F. Haanel

Does one need NZT-48 or an "egg" to prepare a corresponding vibratory brain cell? Did Sakyamuni have access to NZT-48 or an "egg"?

• Like 1

Yes, When a man stops wasting his semen all of the valuable chi energy, minerals, vitamins, etc. Are absorbed by his body and transmuted as vital energy.

This also means there more healthy substances than usual being fed to his brain, So you definitely expect to be a bit more clear. Also, Your dophamine levels increase and as a result, So does your motivation to accomplish your goals.

Funny you mention the motivation part cause I had not thought about it until you mentioned it, but yea I do have a bit more motivation lately.

Quite an entertaining film,...reminded me a little with The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936). I've generally considered brain development a hinderance to spirituality,...but in Limitless,...from my perspective,... Eddie Morra was evolving the abilities for transcendant purposes, not for egomaniac pleasure. How many, statistically speaking, would have progressed as Eddie?

Enlightenment is fundamentally simple,...it is a consequence of observing things as they are. For the most part,....IMO, smarts can be a diversion from that realization,...the realization of observing things as they are.

For me, the film Limitless showed a possibility beyond the drug. Eventually, he no longer needed the drug. Sort of like in the Onge's Hat story,...the "Egg" was no longer needed once they understood the crutch of the "egg." But,...was an "egg" ever really needed to begin with?

http://deoxy.org/inc2.htm

Does one need NZT-48, if one realizes where it can take you? Does one need the "egg," if one realizes where it can take you?

“The mind cannot comprehend an entirely new idea until a corresponding vibratory brain cell has been prepared to receive it.” Charles F. Haanel

Does one need NZT-48 or an "egg" to prepare a corresponding vibratory brain cell? Did Sakyamuni have access to NZT-48 or an "egg"?

Actually yes. For example when your head hurts, you know that an aspirin will take you where your head doesn't hurt, and yet you need the pill. Thoughts alone don't change your status. Not without some special understanding at least.

Actually yes. For example when your head hurts, you know that an aspirin will take you where your head doesn't hurt, and yet you need the pill. Thoughts alone don't change your status. Not without some special understanding at least.

Yeah, Once you become conscious that your thoughts affect your reality then your subconscious will start to put work into manifesting your desires.

The brain is neuroplastic, that is a fact and it is a very encouraging one because it means we can be creative with how we mould ourselves. There is a lot of studies going on in the mind and life institute about how different practices mould the brain, just doing something like ten minutes of love kindness meditation a day has shown to observably increase the size of certain frontal regions of the brain associated with positive emotions in as little as six weeks. So its up to you how you mould yourself, if you want to be more loving and compassionate then practice that and those areas grow, if you want to be more intelligent I think doing anything which increases the communication of the different areas of the brain and body will help, so something as simple as basic Tai Chi will probably help as you shift the weight from either side of the body you help connect both sides of the brain, then further practices like Qigong Neigong etc will help discharge all interference with the brains thinking and strengthen its communication.

About 30 years ago I heard a Research Physician say that the human body can produce any drug made in a lab,...years later I heard Deepak Chopra making the same claims. Thus, my argument above is quite valid,....if you uncover where Eddie was going, your body can manufacture what is needed to arrive.

"Be the Change," as Gandhi said,...and the universe within yourself will rearrange itself to accomodated that picture of reality,...which for some reason, is harder for ego to accept, than finding some NZT-48 or going multidimensional in an "egg."

• Like 1

Really? I think you're very intelligent, one of the smartest women.

I can't be truly content unless I find God.

I can't be truly happy unless I get a better job/car/house/spouse/body/brain ......

I can't have true intelligence unless I get to know myself down to the core.

This line of thinking got us into trouble in the first place.

I boldly declare we have true intelligence. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot (God included). :)

Thank you for the wonderful compliment, hydrogen...

Maybe if I explain a tad further, you'll see that we're ending up in the same place. The process of Self-Realization is an onion-peeling process that takes one through your own personality - the why's and wherefore's of why we act the way we do. Once the onion has been totally peeled to the core, one finds that we are nothing less than Pure Intelligence (or God, if you will), depending on your point of view. Yes, we have true intelligence but it's a question of getting down through all the error-thinking we've been taught (by our folks, our teachers, and ourselves) and finding the Pure Essence within ourself.

This is truly viable path - if I have any intelligence at all, it's because I've peeled the onion to the bottom. In my physical life, I only made it to the 12th grade, and that was just barely.....

the book i am reading now says that all the physical organs are only representations and nothing more

a person can see without eyes, a person can hear without ear, a person can think without brain

he says that all these abilities are non physical and they are just linked to physical organs

and you can link them to anything by asserting meanings

so basically if you want such power than you have to know that the brain is not the mind and know the real mind

than you will not be limited by your brain

very interesting book

if we follow the book than pineal gland and the so called third eye is also nothing but representation

If you want to see or hear what is presented to you ,

in front of your face , you need eyes and ears

your brain can be stimulated by other methods like probes on your brain ,

but the simulation is not in response to a- material thing mediated by sense organs

Its just my opinion, mind you ,

but the person who wrote that book did it without a brain.

Tatsumaru said in the original post here:

I will do anything to have it, I will even jump off of a cliff if that will solve it. I need to know tell me, what are the secret techniques to unlocking the mind, no matter how dangerous. Thanks.

What you seek is not of the mind.

Arriving where you desire is the problem.

The path has no danger - the danger is in the shortcuts.

Magic is not a path towards what you seek - it is a jail - a very sad detour - a disease/virus.

Much of what is to be found here is valuable - many here have fallen to magic and the advice is tainted with idiocity cloaked in certainty.

Begin with the traditional methods and find one that fits you.

The great sight is not purchased - you do not maneuver to it.

You can force a square peg into a round hole - the result will be quite mangled.

When you achieve great sight all magic will appear as folly - and as weak is jelly.

Edited by Spotless

This is quite possibly and by far the single most important piece of the puzzle of Omniversiality.

It explains why in my comprehension skills are developed so well; due to meditations and imaginations of infinite eternity, without restraint.

If it can be imagined, it can exist; if it exists, it can be imagined.

About 30 years ago I heard a Research Physician say that the human body can produce any drug made in a lab,...years later I heard Deepak Chopra making the same claims. Thus, my argument above is quite valid,....if you uncover where Eddie was going, your body can manufacture what is needed to arrive.

"Be the Change," as Gandhi said,...and the universe within yourself will rearrange itself to accomodated that picture of reality,...which for some reason, is harder for ego to accept, than finding some NZT-48 or going multidimensional in an "egg."

Omniversiality... Methinks "we" (on [this] Earth) are (re)uniting with The Omniversal construct.

If you want to see or hear what is presented to you ,

in front of your face , you need eyes and ears

your brain can be stimulated by other methods like probes on your brain ,

but the simulation is not in response to a- material thing mediated by sense organs

Its just my opinion, mind you ,

but the person who wrote that book did it without a brain.

I'm not sure he did it without a brain. I think I see what he's saying.

All is One. We are part of the All, the One.....and us humans seem to be the part of creation which represents input of certain types of stimulae. It's like we are the tip of the spear, the part of the All that takes in physical phenomena. However, we are at One with the animals, the trees, the rocks, the earth, all of it. It's just that we're the sensory part.

As mind is surely more potent than matter, and capable of creating anything of which it can conceive, it surely is capable of bypassing the traditional means of taking in sensory perception. Lucid dreams may be an example? I'm not sure there should be put limitations on what we can sense. A plant can sense danger, it is said. And yet, they have no ears or eyes. Water responds to words, as proven by a Japanese scientist whose name I can't recall at the moment. He would freeze different samples of water after the water had been exposed to either kind words or harsh words. Then he would examine the crystal patterns with a microscope; he discovered that those water samples which were exposed to kind words like Love, Harmony, etc. had gorgeous patterns within! Yet the water samples to harsh words (I hate you, etc) would result in deformed and rather ugly patterns. (We've had a thread on this fellow once or twice; probably someone else can remember the name) And yet the water has no ears or eyes either.

I don't think we really have a clue as to what non-humans can sense, be it animal, vegetable or mineral. Have you ever looked through one of those optical things they sometimes have at zoos, where you can look through it and 'see' the world as how the animal sees it? I think it was a bat, maybe, that sees in neon green. Their universe in their awareness is very little resemblance to ours. And yet, they 'think' that's all there is, and that's the universe they live in. So what I glean from all this is that there countless 'universes' which are as real to them as ours is to us.

Even at that, none of us human beans share exactly the same universe either. There is no way that you can see exactly what I see, even if we're standing next to each other. Unless we could figure out a way to superimpose both of our sets of eyeballs one upon another, my universe is going to be 12" different than yours, if we are standing a foot apart. The tree I'm looking at will look slightly different where you are standing; one branch will look a little longer to me, another a little shorter to you.

It could almost be said that anything 'sensory' at all has their own universe to contend with. But there is an intersection at which all universes can unite as One; the intersection of Be Here Now and Love your Brother as Yourself. This intersection is arrived at by removing all inner distortions that life has thrust upon us; all paths, if viable, will wind up here - this is the place of Grace and inner peace.

The special understanding you refer to is Metaphysical Thought, not physical understanding. All traditions ultimately get to metaphysical thought once the structure of the tradition has been transcended.

Yes, it is possible to not need the aspirin at all. If you want to stretch your brain to the outermost limits of metaphysical healing, please consider reading Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy (founder of Christian Science). There is actually very little christianity one has to sidestep; rather, she looks at Jesus as a self-realized one who discovered how to tap into the power of Mind. she takes you out of the realm of physical (in her words, "error thinking") and focuses her thoughts on the unseen, the metaphysical. she applies all her metaphysical understanding to health and healing.

She started this journey by triangulating the bible over a period of years, seeking those passages that refer to healing, whether in Old Testament or New. and then she just thought it through, applying her excellent metapphysical mind to the endeavor. I don't think I'll ever be the same after reading this book; for one who truly seeks the mindset of a healer, as I do, please consider sidestepping the occasional reference to christianity and gleaning what you can from the wonderful words of this woman.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

I will do anything to have it, I will even jump off of a cliff if that will solve it. I need to know tell me, what are the secret techniques to unlocking the mind, no matter how dangerous. Thanks.

Magic is not a path towards what you seek - it is a jail - a very sad detour - a disease/virus.

Much of what is to be found here is valuable - many here have fallen to magic and the advice is tainted with idiocity cloaked in certainty.

You can force a square peg into a round hole - the result will be quite mangled.

When you achieve great sight all magic will appear as folly - and as weak is jelly.

What he seeks is not of the brain, or other 5 senses,....it is such a shame that the "lower mind", that which preceeds from the brain, is called mind at all.

As ACIM says:

"The ego [sciential conscious] uses the body to conspire against your mind [sapiential conscious], and because the ego realizes that its “enemy” [the sapiential mind] can end them both [ego and body] merely by recognizing that they are not part of you [the sapiential mind]; they join in the attack together. This is perhaps the strangest perception of all, if you consider what it really involves. The ego, which is not real, attempts to persuade the mind, which is real, that the mind is ego’s learning device, and further, that the body is more real than the mind is. No one in [his or her] right mind could possibly believe this, and no one in [his or her] right mind does believe it." A Course In Miracles 6 IV 5.

I didn't give him shortcuts, I gave him scientifically proven techniques that' increase permanent intelligence when practice daily.

Intelligence is often lacking in "the intelligent" because they are often not (as they say in Cha'an and Tao) in the moment. This seemed to be one of the major differences with the character in "Limitless." He was hyper aware in the present. This is not something you can learn by rote, memorization, etc., and is why so many super-intellects seem to be missing the obvious....

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Intelligence is often lacking in "the intelligent" because they are often not (as they say in Cha'an and Tao) in the moment. This seemed to be one of the major differences with the character in "Limitless." He was hyper aware in the present. This is not something you can learn by rote, memorization, etc., and is why so many super-intellects seem to be missing the obvious....

The techniques In the links I suggested will do just that.