Here is a picture of the juicer we use - we had a smaller one but my wife's father gave us this in exchange for his - he has a small apartment and this was too big for it.

He purchased a juicer because he had a cancerous tumor on his neck bulging out - even though he works in a Sports Medicine Clinic for many top athletes - he got rid of the tumor by going on a special diet - and it went away completely.

I can attest to the quality - it is very good for a non-commercial juicer - I have had about 5 juicers and this is by far the best quality. I don't know what these cost but you cannot go wrong with this one - whether you're single or with a family. Obviously if you have a family this is the bees knees.

post-95441-0-86045500-1438183731_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spotless

Opening of the third eye and other by-products along the way...

Pulp.

How to create and strain away.

• Like 1

Day 9

Feel excellent and robust this morning - I weighed in at 190 on the dot. Yesterday I was 190.3 and the day before I was 190.9 - seems at this point I'm at a bit of a plateau.

However today I intend to swim and do some physical work in addition to Qi Gong so perhaps a few more pounds will come off.

I want to relate an interesting fasting story:

Once when I was in Hawaii years ago I was staying with my mother while on vacation and went on a juice fast while I was there. She decided to join me.

One day she asked me into the bathroom to show me something - the result of her enema that morning (it took me years to get over the trauma).

In the bowl of the toilet were what looked like hundreds of Apple seeds - they were all quite uniform in size and they really looked like apple seeds - with the exception that they were dark brown.

It was pretty clear that these were impactions that had all been expulsed. This is what is happening throughout the body.

At the time my mother was somewhere in her 70's - (she is 98 now and lives by herself and takes no drugs).

On my first fast when I was still in my teens - it was a water fast - on the third day I awoke and when I went to brush my teeth and shave I noticed my nose had grown a beard! It looked like I had a three day old beard growth on my nose!

It turned out upon further inspection that my nose pores had all expulsed what was in them - and they really looked like hair growth - except they wiped off - I was astonished.

The body really is cleaning and going about all sorts of positive things on a fast.

In India people come in in wheel chairs and leave jogging in 6 weeks, they get rid of diabetes and a whole host of maladies.

Skin ulcers disappear and internal imbalances such as high or low blood pressure level out.

9:05am

Drop dead gorgeous day!

Shower time - full body brush

(End of day rehash)

Broth or tea in the morning.

Around 3:00 juiced some organic raspberries, strawberries, kiwi.

Note: raspberries do not juice in a centrifugal juicer - so my wife ate the purée in the catch - lucky it was the first one I juiced.

Strawberries are another one that is not so good - they do juice but it clogs a strainer immediately so if you do them just drink the pulpy juice otherwise skip strawberries.

Blue berries were good juicers but they leave tiny purple flex of skin that does not rinse off if you leave it inside the juicer for long - again - it is best to rinse immediately after use (just after drinking what you juiced).

Kiwi juice well. I will try papaya tomorrow.

Tea and broth after that - broth beside me now at 8:55

My energy today was stupendous - I got lots of work done but it seemed like nothing.

Concentration was excellent when needed but I was not in front of a computer.

I had to stop by the doctors office at 11:15 and was fortunate enough to have to sit for 1:39 minutes waiting - my energy level went up from incredible to astounding!

The energy transitions continue unabated while today was colossal - in Trader Joes on the way to checkout the whole place came alive - wall and floor and everything - it all lit up in a glow - I do not have words for what was happening in this body energy space but I will try to find them.

I sit here typing in the same space - Qi Gong was even more ridiculous and then afterward I could not go home - the energy require silence - so I went down to the boat and then just walked the docks at sunset.

Just prior to Qi Gong - about 3:30 - I went for a walk on the beach - just needed to be with this outside in the sun.

I really don't have words for this

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

This glowing I have experienced too a few times, sometimes it lasts for long time, sometimes is related to heart area, usually I can't talk or focus on anything after it - I just sit or lie down on the flor, no memory occurs while it happens. As if I never-existed....

Funny thing - last time I experienced it also after visiting a doctor. But it was more like facing my nervousness that I had since childhood - I never liked doctors. This glowing happens usually after facing some nervousness like that ( of childhood) or after some yoga session. Sometimes it seems shining a bit of golden... Then it subsides and the world around looks a bit differently...

Any idea what is it?

Have you ever had experienced synestesia? Or as if sensing smells, taste or sounds through emotions or through literall the whole body?

Or like full body orgasms, spasms, whithouth even being stimulated?

Or sensing enegy fields of smaller chakras from fingers, feet, knees...

Or everything merges with everything and becomes "flat" -"nondimensional" in front of your eyes and you experience just love?

When reading you diary I can recognise some experiences like this gyroscope of the head, experiencing energy in nasal, teths - they are familliar, and it is the first place where I can read about these experiences... so far I doubted if all is okay with me... Am always amased what will come next... If all these things will simply subside with time

Edited by Kubba
  • Like 1

Their are smaller chakras (chakram's) at the tips of each appendage and in between all joints.

Also many layers in the eyes.

The main chakras are far more advanced and complicated than anything I have ever read. Again this is probably due to poor translations or no translation of this info - and it is of little value to almost anyone - but would be a big distraction to the engineering types - which are very good at writing intricate processes and mechanisms down - and that can be a good thing - but unnecessary, the general stuff tends to be better for the most part.

Translating is so difficult because it assumes Time and Space - much of the intricate stuff really should not take effort or be processed "in control by the baffoon". This is why the turtle beats the rabbit in his sleep - the engineers/rabbits are way way slower

Because they in a sense trade out one game for the other. Unfortunately getting this across to them is nearly impossible.

As you go into some of the states you mentioned - simply try to be there - I am not in and out of these so much as going more and more into them all the time. At some point simply thinking of the state will bring it to full bloom immediately. It is always there and yet it can fade in and out substantially - though the greater elements of it do not fade.

What I have been explaining in these energy changes are everyday expansions that do not subside - it is extraordinary and this body space is going through it at this time and it has been for several years now. It is becoming obvious why there was such clear motivation to enter into a fast - but these are individual matters.

Fasting can be undertaken for many reasons.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Day 10

Weight: 189.1 (1 pound less than yesterday)

Busy day - taking son to riding camp.

Feel great - off to the shower.

Mouth is a bit smarmy.

Late night rehash of the day:

8:00 Juiced carrots, beets, cucumber, red bell pepper.

Packed broth in travel mug - off to horse camp.

12:00 Juiced Apple, grapefruit.

Packed tea in travel mug

Back to horse camp.

2:00 walked the dog, met neighbor walking dog and walked the dog again - Merlin was a happy camper!

3:30 Off to Qi Gong

Packed Broth in travel mug

7:00

Finished Qi Gong and driving home.

8:00 Made new batch of broth - 2 medium yams, 1 onion, 1 cloves garlic, 2 big handfuls of spinach, 2 mid-size to smallish carrots.

Son with me tonight (meaning my wife is in his bed actually sleeping or on the laptop) - watching Avatar - the kids series - very good stuff!

Fresh hot broth at bedside - two cups so far.

Intend to go out in a few hours and walk the beach and meditate a bit or just take in the moon on the ocean.

----

The energy was wonderful all day. Yesterday has carried through and it is an exquisite feeling - putting words to it is premature.

From the standpoint of the fast - my body energy was very good and it did not seem like a "fasting day" at all - like the fact that I am fasting was not something important.

Because of the fast I was able to just "be" with the subtle changes without the machinations of the body as it might have somewhat in a regular diet (even vegan).

Today an intense calm and very fine energy pervaded on top of the energy of yesterday - it was everything yesterday was and continued to unfold in a deep and certain tone.

Breathing is unusually deep and long. Everything has taken a turn in a very big way.

Note: during the night I experienced stomach acid - something in the broth got it going - I was concerned that I would need to stop the fast - stomach acid is not needed in a proper fast and this has never happened before. I tossed the broth and will investigate yams as the culprit.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

I hope this is not a personal question, but have you noticed any changes in libido during a fast?

For me, during a fast the libido goes down.

• Like 1

All urges go down during a fast - so libido does go down as well.

However, as urges go down one is often more apt to smell the flowers because one is far more apt to be in the present and not preoccupied with fulfilling urges.

So one is more open to real relations with everything.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

So I guess a fast also reaps all the benefits of retention? I have only limited experience of both, but both have given me a very positive keyed up feeling of energy. I found in both cases that I had to stop drinking coffee in order to keep the energy manageable.

So I guess a fast also reaps all the benefits of retention? I have only limited experience of both, but both have given me a very positive keyed up feeling of energy. I found in both cases that I had to stop drinking coffee in order to keep the energy manageable.

Yes I am doing short fasts and have gone 24 days now celibate.

day 11

Weight: 188.7

4:47am

Went out and was greeted by a full moon - it became set in a hole in the clouds.

Showered up - full body brush (includes face).

Carrot juice - packed tea in thermos.

5:40 Went to the beach and meditated (in full lotus - this seems to be an important factoid for some) for a bit. A strong energetic shift was immediate, powerful and exquisite - though the energy was already pretty remarkable.

Off to another town for Van repair - got lucky - traffic was not bad - arrive 1 hour before they opened. Since I rarely need to be stuck in traffic I try to avoid it - enjoyed sitting in the car and watching the dealership come to life and pecking out this stuff.

8:05

Sitting in the customer waiting room - had the urge to poop (if you have kids the word is poop). Went to bathroom and had exploding poop - obviously my body had a real problem last night with the broth.

Fasting note:

These kinds of things need to be taken seriously - when you are on a fast it should ALWAYS end for only two reasons - your body tells you or you have decided to end it.

It should NEVER be for a pre-determined time that you adhere to in spite of / or overriding internal signals and communication from your body.

You can certainly plan on a 10 day fast or what ever timeline you wish to plan for - but if your body clearly signals a wish to end it early - then you should end it. If you can extend any pre-determined time and your body wants to continue - go for it!

I typically start a fast and it ends when my body communicates that the fast is ending.

Obviously gastric concerns should immediately be closely monitored - I got up and took in water at the time and went back to bed - I typically have an "iron" stomach but being macho in a fast is not desirable. In a fast your body is in a wonderful cleaning purifying state - but it is in a delicate state.

Over-doing physical exercise or exertion during a fast may result in the need to immediately end the fast. If you think smoking a cigarette will work on a fast you have not done the proper research on fasting - it will drop you to your knees. Likewise taking in alcohol during a fast or drugs legal or not legal is a huge mistake - caffeine included.

Coffee during a fast would not only greatly disturb the fast but if you take in decaffeinated coffee (most forms) it will induce stomach acid.

While it is not a requirement - the use of only Organic ingredients during a Juice fast should be obvious.

Regarding acceptable "cheating":

It is definitely OK to grab an occasional off the shelf "fresh juice" - particularly during a long fast - times will arrive when some " fresh squeezed" orange juice in a plastic bottle in a rack would be tempting and it does not need to be avoided at all costs - if your body says yes then do it.

You can also go to a place that sells fresh fruit and vegetable drinks - just be certain they do not add banana, yogurt, proteins, nuts and etc. They may or may not be Organic but perfection is not the point.

Note - fasting related:

I was working on the computer and a very light and distracting smell of old rubber and diesel kept coming to my smell - when I left the room it appeared to go and when I sat down again in the computer room it came back - but it seemed to be here and there - though perhaps I was smelling some coating on the inside of my nose.

Then when sitting in bed after a nap I smelled the same smell while working on the iPad and realized the smell is coming from me. Also more oil on my face than usual - this far along in a fast oil decreases but in has definitely increased.

This smell is offensive and has a moldy plastic nose to it - this is one reason why we go on fasts - this type of toxic stuff gets expulsed during fasts. Soon I will take a second shower before Qi Gong.

On a similar note my knee was hurting for what appeared to be no reason for about 1.5 days - now it feels better than it has for some time. Repairs take place during fasts, some in the form of throwing the trash out of certain areas where the build ups inhibit performance and in many other forms as well including balancing.

If outer normal daily intake is imbalanced - a fast allows for balancing.

--

10:00 pm Arrived home and Juicing: 1 grapefruit, one Apple and some grapes.

2:00 Juiced: 3 large wads of spinach, 1 cucumber.

Also made broth: 3 medium to smallish red potatoes, two big handfuls of spinach, celery, carrots.

Body energy was strong for most of the day and needed a nap around 2:00pm - partly because the work that needed to be done was done and the body immediately wanted a nap. If other things were on the plate I could have gone on well - but once the tasks winded down my body was very clear about a nap.

-

Made a new batch of broth earlier and just now having it - no stomach problems (so far).

7:50 pm

Qi Gong

11:15pm

Juiced a papaya - papaya does not juice in a centrifugal juicer - turn into watery purée - cheated and drank it anyway (family was asleep and I was not going to waste it.

Also 2 kiwi and some grapes.

Feeling incredible but enjoying being in bed. So many things to put into words but for now it is not time to do so - it would diminish this experience. It is exquisite, powerful and unusually exponential.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

The male energy increased during this fast - I can't say that has always been the case - such as whether that is an aspect of fasting for males in general during fasts. A lot more than fasting has been going on energetically during this fast.

Yes - as in celibacy - the urges and desires subside but the energy is retained and transformed. Coffee and other stimulants become difficult - particularly true in higher states - and important to note because the energies can reach such powerful levels and dissipation often can take a familiar route - coffee can frazzle the clarity.

Yes I am doing short fasts and have gone 24 days now celibate.

The use of the word "fasts" is more muddled than we assume. It has many meanings to many people.

I don't consider the Muslim use of the term "fasting" real when they abstain from food during the day - a half a day of abstention is not fasting.

One day of abstention is not fasting.

Two days of abstention is possibly fasting and three days of abstention the body enters into fasting.

Many people say they fast frequently and then explain they don't eat for a day or sometimes half a day - this is not fasting in the sense of how the term is being used here.

A "short" fast would typically be 3-5 days in the sense of how the term is used here in this thread.

Was this how you are using the term "short" fasts?

O yes, these states seems dont fade away but just "get included".

Its really hard to find any explanation post factum, and the teachers of zen I've been to wasnt into expaining anything. I found only one teacher on YouTube that was telling about these things the language that was simple and I could recognise what I've been through thanks to him. Maybe these zen guys dont talk in order to avoid rerooting of some parts of egoity? I don't know.

So far I thought that this 1000 petal experience will come back, but seems it is experienced only once, and afterwards there is this repose phase.

These main chakras seems to work on different layers, starting from different energies and its blocks, then pranas, organs... but am not sure, just my experience. True that it is a really comlex thing, especially the throath for me and this one under the tummy.

I used to have tons of energy blocked in my neck, throath, heart and the lower spine area that were washed out through dramatic kundalini rising that I wasnt expected in my deepest dreams. Durring these the fasting happend spontaneously, I just could not eat.

How is it that they don't say anything about it in these schools? I've heart from one abbot that they start to have very dramatic risings more and more and often people go crazy afterwards. One isnt prepared too much for this stuff nor can understand while it happends. Is it due to that each person went through it different way?

You mentioned somewhere the impact on people around you. I kind of notice it through their postures, changes of moods or energy rising that somehow my presence actually impacts people around. I met one man that could preceive my aura or my energy field and he was going crazy in my presence (but also helping with healling some gaps in my "field". Hope it isnt dangerous for peope?

Their are smaller chakras (chakram's) at the tips of each appendage and in between all joints.

Also many layers in the eyes.

The main chakras are far more advanced and complicated than anything I have ever read. Again this is probably due to poor translations or no translation of this info - and it is of little value to almost anyone - but would be a big distraction to the engineering types - which are very good at writing intricate processes and mechanisms down - and that can be a good thing - but unnecessary, the general stuff tends to be better for the most part.

Translating is so difficult because it assumes Time and Space - much of the intricate stuff really should not take effort or be processed "in control by the baffoon". This is why the turtle beats the rabbit in his sleep - the engineers/rabbits are way way slower

Because they in a sense trade out one game for the other. Unfortunately getting this across to them is nearly impossible.

As you go into some of the states you mentioned - simply try to be there - I am not in and out of these so much as going more and more into them all the time. At some point simply thinking of the state will bring it to full bloom immediately. It is always there and yet it can fade in and out substantially - though the greater elements of it do not fade.

What I have been explaining in these energy changes are everyday expansions that do not subside - it is extraordinary and this body space is going through it at this time and it has been for several years now. It is becoming obvious why there was such clear motivation to enter into a fast - but these are individual matters.

Fasting can be undertaken for many reasons.

Edited by Kubba

It is a good idea not to make too many asumptions here regarding whether we are experiencing the same things or not.

It appears for the most part that we are not speaking about the same things - though in some ways you have had some glimpses and obviously some very powerful experiences. And it is difficult along the way to find teachers that we have not surpassed on a number of levels - or that can speak to us in language that is clear for us - many are very good but have few siddhis and so no experience with them.

Along the same lines - it is hard to find students that can articulate well to a teacher what they wish to ask - and in a great many cases the student is unwilling to "hear" the answer. The ego does not offer itself up for slaughter willingly - so around teachers few ask good honest questions or they ask extremely simple questions or they drop their pants and start balling about some trauma.

Regarding the possible notion about energy emanating of the type I mentioned - it is certainly not dangerous.

Edited by Spotless

Day 12

The strange smell is gone and my nose is back -!

Could feel the energy of the physical body boiling along while asleep - in a fast you can sometimes feel the body burning its own fuel. (This can also create some smells in the nose)

The mouth needed brushing - kind of caked - spat it out and then brushed teeth and tongue.

Rehash at day's end:

Up and going around 7am.

Lots of energy - would not think I was on a fast.

10:00am

qi gong

Out to work on boat - family staying on boat tonight and lots to do!

Energy is Hugh - with a feeling like floating - energy expanded noticeably when shopping at Home Depot - and again in a Marine shop - attributed to a no mind situation - lots to look at.

Juiced some grapes, grapefruit and apple before leaving. Had fun with everyone testing the different juices.

Took a thermos of cold broth and left for the day - worked until 4:30

Came home - sold a Van I had for sale, got family ready for the boat (Tania did most of the work)

Juiced: carrots, beets, red bell pepper.

Packed one thermos with broth again.

Off to the boat by 7:30

Harry Potter is on the menu tonight - we are all sleeping in the stern - and watching a movie.

Wonderful and profound energy today - the physical body had plenty of energy and clarity all day. Tired now but only got tired when it was a good time to be tired - seems to be the way it is happening.

It was a day in which I did not feel like I was on a fast - just a normal active day.

Qi Gong is at a completely different level - the Qi Gong is not so much affected by the fast but afterward the effects are carried noticeably longer.

We were all heads down at about 11:00pm.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Day 13

7:am

Rock and roll - up early and out - Tania needs to do some work on deadline and I've got to get the van that I sold smogged. We also decide to go for a three day sail to the Bay islands (Treasure Island and Angel Island). So the boat needs to some new running rigging.

8:00

Juiced some cucumbers, carrots and off to get smogged.

Overall energy is good but not like yesterday - late night movie and all took its toll - up and about during the night here and there.

Napped from 11:00 to 1:00

Enema

Broth or water most of the day.

Decided at 2:00 to break the fast:

We will be sailing in the San Francisco Bay and I need my wits and balance and reserves in good shape as Captain. If I were crew it would not matter but I am the captain and my crew consists of our 8 year old son and my wife who is not a sailor, so they are not crew so much as they are passengers.

So - I began to nibble some almonds and mixed organic dried fruits and some pistachios. A few dollops of Greek yogurt and a bit of tofu. Yes - yogurt is not vegan but it is a good starter for my system (thank you cow).

Qi Gong

More snacking - dinner was some organic sugar snaps with some humus, more nuts and dried fruit mix and tofu.

It's now 7:30 and I'm having tea.

Just a note:

About 15 minutes after eating for the first time (2:00pm) I could see and feel energy rising / radiating up the sides of my neck and behind my ears - it had a clearish fine warm red vibration / color.

8:23 pm

Intense heat now in my chest, arms, shoulders and ears - pretty much my entire body as well.

10:26

Still on tea - the heat has subsided - pretty much feel like before on the fast earlier in the day (though I am in bed and not moving around).

Note:

Coming off a real fast it is important to eat small amounts of food. Meaning something like 1/2 a potato or 1/2 of an apple - well chewed and eaten somewhat slowly.

Typically you should feel no strong hunger and you should try to resist habits if you have them of stuffing your face.

The longer you have been on the fast the truer this is - but if it was a real fast, meaning at least 3-5 days long, then your body which has been resting and cleaning deserves to be slowly and rewardingly re-introduced to solid food.

Continue to juice some items and continue to drink plenty of liquids.

You may also wish to continue to eliminate some things you had to drop - such as smoking or drinking.

Do not smoke or drink for at least 3 days after ending a fast - if you do not adhere to this advice you will only regret it when you do otherwise and feel acutely how correct this advice was and how incorrect doing otherwise is. Smoking soon after a fast is like using your body as an ash tray - it will really be a strong jerk out of the wonderful state you are now in. After around 3 days if you must do it, the body will be far more acclimated to prior habituation and deal with the lowering energy better.

Special note:

If you have found that the fast had a profound positive effect on certain behavioral problems or mental problems - vary carefully take the time to examine your re-entry

Into foods - you very possibly have a strong food allergy or allergies.

This is a golden opportunity to find out - but it means even slower and meticulous re-entry.

Look up common food allergies. Look up any pattern that went away that you had prior and search for related common food allergies to that pattern - example -

Type in search function: "common food allergies related to headaches" or "common food allergies related to emotional swings". Then look up how to test these foods as you re-enter.

If you have a good relationship with a doctor or Ayurvedic specialist contact them prior to the fast or immediately afterward regarding this.

Most western doctors are clueless regarding fasting and those who are not are typically more on the fear side of it than the understanding side of it - but if you have acute health problems the very best route would be a good positive Western doctor and a good Ayurvedic doctor - the Aurvedic would lead the fast and the western medical would supervise any testing that the Aurvedic cannot. If it is real acute then both should be in very good communication with the whole process.

Most of us do not use a doctor or a specialist - so we resort to what we consider common sense and we all believe we have common sense - this is obviously not true.

Read up on it - preferably from experts from India and other well tested traditions.

Real Fasting of 3 days or more - typically two weeks - done well - can have miraculous effects - seriously - like starting from wheel chair bound for years and jogging within 6 weeks. Going from relatively large doses of insulin to zero. Skin problems to beautiful skin.

Eating less and abstaining from foods for the better part of a day is a diet control some call fasting and it has become part of the meaning of the word "fasting".

From the medical side and from the Ayurvedic side this is not considered fasting and the use of the word like this is an abomination of what is considered fasting as Medicine.

Obviously eating once a day or only nibbling here and there have beneficial effects compared to gluttony, simply to many meals, portions to large and other portion control and timing control issues in addition to the quality of the food and combining food - but fasting in the medial sense is completely different.

It is only by the third day that the body has been transformed into another energy burning cleaning dynamic - and that is pretty much really only accomplished in a water fast - or a Juice fast with very little Fruit juice / sugar juice (about 1/12 or less of the intake).

11:24 pm

Still on water/tea - no hunger what so ever.

Very fine sweating though the room temp is about 67 degree and door is open to the outside.

For several months now I am also very much aware of the hair on my skin - this increased during the fast.

Close my eyes and an immediate surge of energy everywhere within - it is an ongoing magnificent feeling.

11:31pm

About to find a movie to watch - probably a Western.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Wow what a ride! Inspiring and informative. Thank you very much for doing this spotless! I even liked the glimpse into another practitoner's daily life. I get the feeling you are self-employed which is definitely where I want to be. Enjoy the cruise!

• Like 1

Additional Note on the fast :

Just before 2:00 when I broke the fast I took a shower - again I did not use a deodorant.

I then had some food and then did Qi Gong at 5:00

For the duration of the fast I did not use deodorant and from around the third day onward my smell was pretty strong and very noticeable during Qi Gong.

But on the day I broke the fast - only three hours after breaking it - their was no real noticeable smell during Qi Gong and now at 12:51am my pits are as sweet as daisies - (well basically they don't have much of a smell at all.).

Edited by Spotless

It is a good idea not to make too many asumptions here regarding whether we are experiencing the same things or not.

It appears for the most part that we are not speaking about the same things - though in some ways you have had some glimpses and obviously some very powerful experiences. And it is difficult along the way to find teachers that we have not surpassed on a number of levels - or that can speak to us in language that is clear for us - many are very good but have few siddhis and so no experience with them.

Along the same lines - it is hard to find students that can articulate well to a teacher what they wish to ask - and in a great many cases the student is unwilling to "hear" the answer. The ego does not offer itself up for slaughter willingly - so around teachers few ask good honest questions or they ask extremely simple questions or they drop their pants and start balling about some trauma.

Regarding the possible notion about energy emanating of the type I mentioned - it is certainly not dangerous.

Ok, thank you. A lot of your words brings clarifications to me.

PS: other thing with teachers or advanced practicioners - i noticed that they often negleckt my questions or experiences I talk about cause of my very short period of formal practice, they often deny what I say to them right after I say that I started the formal practice this year...

So all my questions come to one question how to check if this rising is correct:)? Cause ultimateley I just don't know

Edited by Kubba

Spotless,

Congrats on the long fast.  For many people, just abstaining from the craving/addiction to food for this many days is more of a mental challenge.  We don't realize that we are addicted to food too, and mostly eat out of habit rather than real hunger. BTW, did you figure out what was causing the stomach upset few days ago ? I suspect the carbohydrate component in the intake, but i am not sure.  

These logs are motivating me, to attempt a long duration fast.  It would be helpful, if you post a summary of tips  based on your experiences (for those who already know the basics of fasting and have done it before).

Some final notes on the recent fast and fasting:

The considerable shift to Yang energy during the fast has been sustained and in fact is increasing. I do not specifically relate it to the fast - much more was going on during the fast - but it illustrates a common misconception that fasting greatly increases yin (that is not necessarily the case).

Fasting note: if you are a coffee drinker or strong black tea drinker - it is highly recommended that you taper off and stop drinking either about 3 days prior to the start of the fast - otherwise you may have painful headaches on the first day.

Also - if this occurs - one small Motrin or similar would be OK on the first day - with a good amount of water or broth/juice/herbal tea. I mention this because someone close just had a pretty bad first day and then ended the fast - we took it apart and pretty much found the cause was very regular black tea and then cold turkey. She finally ended the fast and took a Motrin and in ten minutes felt fine. She could have just taken the Motrin and continued - as it turned out she endured almost 6 hours of grueling headache before ending the fast at 2am.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1