konchog uma

Goodbye for now

I will see you all in a month, on the other side of a 28-day retreat. Thank you all who gave advice on how to ride the wave i am about to ride. I have very few hesitations or doubts, and a lot of happiness about the prospect of sitting for a month.

I am not even taking my computer up there, and do not plan on checking activity here for the month, so blessings to you all, and have a great month!

• Like 6

Good luck, and remember what Churchill said "if you end up going through hell, keep going!", but seeing as you are doing a Buddhist retreat I should also say if you end up in heaven instead, keep going!

Thanks everyone! Its nice to see so many well wishes :wub:

i was talking to a teacher this morning, a shambhala acharya, and he said something really cool. I was telling him about a mental state i had attained for a little bit and asking him if that glimpse was ati or mahamudra, and he said this:

"this little bit of cold coffee in the bottom of my cup is dzogchen and mahamudra as much as that state was... working with dzogchen is like drawing with your finger on the surface of water. Its not that you are trying to draw something or spell something out that will capture the essence of dzogchen, because that just disappears. Its actually the constant disappearing of what you draw that is dzogchen."

i had a fun day working with that, just letting all manifestations of today be drawings on water. It was nice.

Bless you all (again!) and goodbye for real this time :)

• Like 1

I am happy you are going

on retreat.

I'm sure it will be

a special time.

Come back and tell us all about it :)

oh, one last thing

you'll be missed.

Edited by thelerner

Sorry for being late,

Wish you the best conditions.

May Mindfulness, Wisdom be on you way.