Sign in to follow this  
yondaime109

I'm black and 16 years-old is their a difference in chi circulation for me?

1. Since I'm a teenager with a high sex drive it seems like my energy may be alot harder to control.

2. Since I'm black my oppictal bone in the back of head sticks out litte bit farther

will this pose a problem?

It's good to start cultivating young so that you won't have to deal with, or will be able to handle better, the problems, mistaken notions, wrong patterns of energy movement and thought loops that people develop as they grow 'up' in our unhealthy society.

I'm black and my head is doing fine. :P As turtle shell says, it's no problem.

• Like 1

I don't think race makes a difference - but men and women are usually given different instructions on minor things like hand positions...so I'd assume their energy moves differently. I'm not gay - but I've often wondered if gay peoples energy moves differently than straight people.

1. Since I'm a teenager with a high sex drive it seems like my energy may be alot harder to control.

2. Since I'm black my oppictal bone in the back of head sticks out litte bit farther

will this pose a problem?

what is the source of this question deep down?

what is the source of this question deep down?

what is the source of this question deep down? Edited by fizix

Edited by sinansencer

I'm just a bit curios, Being black, My skulls a bit different than the ones described in the text. Albeit though, Our skulls aren't that different because I do feel the energy come up from the back of my head.

I'm just a bit curios, Being black, My skulls a bit different than the ones described in the text. Albeit though, Our skulls aren't that different because I do feel the energy come up from the back of my head.

My taoist teacher (Chinese) mentioned when explaining certain practices that involve some points in the head that some minor adjustments need to be made by Caucasians because, e.g., the relative distance between the bridge of the nose and some points inside the head differs a bit from that in the Chinese. It was a minor issue, mentioned in passing. If you get to work with subtle stuff under a good teacher, you might get similar minor adjustment instructions from him or her. Until/unless you are working with a system that requires much precision (and it will probably take a while -- there a lot of "gross anatomy" to work through first), I wouldn't worry about it.

I used to feel energy flowing all the way up my spine and upward at the back of my head, and then it would seem as though it gets entangled in my hair. It drove me to a very short haircut eventually. After this phase was done with, I let my hair grow out again.

I'd wager being 16 has more effect on chi circulation then the color part. Being young you're likely to be very yang. You can compliment what you naturally have by learning yin, to sit empty.

On the third hand your individuality trumps age and color.

This is stuff that you need to work with.

I suggest you to learn to keep a celibate state for a period of -at least- 3 months before beginning cultivation.

A taoist healer will probably suggests you to keep your sexual energy because you are too young to dissipate.

Qi routes may change from person to person even based on cultural conditions... so the little tip here is to investigate your own feelings and sensations to see if something is correct or not for you.

No problem at all.

Every succes with your cultivation.

As far as the other stuff, maybe try an external form too to work out some of those jing isues.

Find a dojo that also does Tai Chi and/or QiGong and you'll get to meet lots of laydees too.

A Win Win situation.

:)

Sign in to follow this