shaq786

Using Qi to fight evil entities

-k-

To me entities cultivate and invite others to do cultivate certain things... each one chooses what to energize with their directed qi... what each states is what they like and depict as each cultivates stuff... some would like individuals to believe and hold that they are powerless rather than have individuals who truly realize the power they hold. Evil entities will try to convince many that they do not exists, it makes their manipulation easier to perform. Alternatively they will push and pull buttons to induce the actions they want. Good entities will show many what be going on and the options they have... observe and decide it what be right now is what be truly wanted...

Note the following text you happened to say... I realize that I have put it a bit out of context ... to expose the point I want to make and share... they key to me resides in cultivating likes and loving and let that be reflected in the words we choose to energize...

Personally I dislike much of the imagery... depict multiple souls in anguish. Western churches I've found cold (and not just due to the damp weather) and over-imposing. I hate crucifixion imagery (except maybe Dali's semi-cubist version).

I like dragons - which I probably wouldn't if I came face to face with one.

As someone sort of recently said in one of the threads I have participated in "Careful there, that stuff can be tricky business"!

Another method of defending against entities is to enter a higher level of awareness and place said awareness within an afflicted space, or even within the entity itself. Negative energy is born of separation and fear, and it cannot be maintained within a field of higher awareness that breaks through false identities and boundaries.

Edited by Enishi

-k-

To me entities cultivate and invite others to do cultivate certain things... each one chooses what to energize with their directed qi... what each states is what they like and depict as each cultivates stuff... some would like individuals to believe and hold that they are powerless rather than have individuals who truly realize the power they hold. Evil entities will try to convince many that they do not exists, it makes their manipulation easier to perform. Alternatively they will push and pull buttons to induce the actions they want. Good entities will show many what be going on and the options they have... observe and decide it what be right now is what be truly wanted...

Note the following text you happened to say... I realize that I have put it a bit out of context ... to expose the point I want to make and share... they key to me resides in cultivating likes and loving and let that be reflected in the words we choose to energize...

As someone sort of recently said in one of the threads I have participated in "Careful there, that stuff can be tricky business"!

Bad idea to quote me out of context;-) (I was thinking the other day of doing a photographic essay on people doing stuff in context and then removing all indicators of context to see what happened - just people on a white background - but my Photoshop-fu is not as good as necessary)

Anyway when you said,

"To me entities cultivate and invite others to do cultivate certain things... each one chooses what to energize with their directed qi... what each states is what they like and depict as each cultivates stuff... some would like individuals to believe and hold that they are powerless rather than have individuals who truly realize the power they hold. Evil entities will try to convince many that they do not exists, it makes their manipulation easier to perform. Alternatively they will push and pull buttons to induce the actions they want. Good entities will show many what be going on and the options they have... observe and decide it what be right now is what be truly wanted... "

I had to sit with that for a while. Also think about entities that we 'collectively' have created (or, for some, have been subjected to, I think the latter is the kind I'd like rid of the most). I still can't work out what it takes for an entity to sustain 'over time' - and I realize I could be referring to the same mechanisms that sustain myself as an entity, but I digress:-) Of course those buddhist folks say there are no independent entities, in which case why are they so concerned with some of them (buddha being one obviously).

Bad idea to quote me out of context;-) (I was thinking the other day of doing a photographic essay on people doing stuff in context and then removing all indicators of context to see what happened - just people on a white background - but my Photoshop-fu is not as good as necessary)

Anyway when you said,

"To me entities cultivate and invite others to do cultivate certain things... each one chooses what to energize with their directed qi... what each states is what they like and depict as each cultivates stuff... some would like individuals to believe and hold that they are powerless rather than have individuals who truly realize the power they hold. Evil entities will try to convince many that they do not exists, it makes their manipulation easier to perform. Alternatively they will push and pull buttons to induce the actions they want. Good entities will show many what be going on and the options they have... observe and decide it what be right now is what be truly wanted... "

I had to sit with that for a while. Also think about entities that we 'collectively' have created (or, for some, have been subjected to, I think the latter is the kind I'd like rid of the most). I still can't work out what it takes for an entity to sustain 'over time' - and I realize I could be referring to the same mechanisms that sustain myself as an entity, but I digress:-) Of course those buddhist folks say there are no independent entities, in which case why are they so concerned with some of them (buddha being one obviously).

Good idea, bad idea, the idea was the idea... BTW for thoughts, feelings, ideas, organizations, societies to be sustained 'over time' individuals have to keep them alive... look up memes for a bit of an explanation... Personally when I read that material I thought of memes as 'angels' and 'demons'... these are sort of ethereal 'goaulds' ... that need a host in which to live... The source is the only independent entity that created other entities which created other stuff... ultimately the source sustains what the source created...

I had to sit with that for a while. Also think about entities that we 'collectively' have created (or, for some, have been subjected to, I think the latter is the kind I'd like rid of the most).

On that thought, A reality tv inspired creation would be scary. If I saw a Jersey Shore Tulpa.....I don't know what I'd do.

that, and cut the weed, too much is too much, haha.

in my understanding entities feed on energy, good ones prefer good energy (or is that they aren't good intrinsicaly, just good because you feed them good stuff), whilst others prefer negative energy.

i think the best way to ward them off is garlic, or spirit. but not spirits. now i'm confuses.

that, and cut the weed, too much is too much, haha.

in my understanding entities feed on energy, good ones prefer good energy (or is that they aren't good intrinsicaly, just good because you feed them good stuff), whilst others prefer negative energy.

i think the best way to ward them off is garlic, or spirit. but not spirits. now i'm confused.

Good idea, bad idea, the idea was the idea... BTW for thoughts, feelings, ideas, organizations, societies to be sustained 'over time' individuals have to keep them alive... look up memes for a bit of an explanation... Personally when I read that material I thought of memes as 'angels' and 'demons'... these are sort of ethereal 'goaulds' ... that need a host in which to live... The source is the only independent entity that created other entities which created other stuff... ultimately the source sustains what the source created...

Actually, I really dislike being quoted out of context. Hate it in fact. Oh well.

I've read about 'meme-theory'. There are quite a few ways of looking at it. For a while I found some 'memes' sort of parasitic and had to really sit down and think about what possible benefits anyone could get from them (otherwise, why accept carrying them in the first place?) And then I thought about the whole 'cute cat' online thing and wondered if it was related to the actual 'cute cat' parasite-harbouring animal itself. So while the actual offline 'cute cat' is a disease vector, it's also 'viral' online too. Then I thought that that was a kind of a crazy idea.

And then I also thought, to what extent do I want to sustain any specific 'things' over time? Whether those things be 'social' or whatever. It's IMO an argument for not arguing against or for anything.

On that thought, A reality tv inspired creation would be scary. If I saw a Jersey Shore Tulpa.....I don't know what I'd do.

Go to the nail-bar with it:-)

Actually, I really dislike being quoted out of context. Hate it in fact. Oh well.

I've read about 'meme-theory'. There are quite a few ways of looking at it. For a while I found some 'memes' sort of parasitic and had to really sit down and think about what possible benefits anyone could get from them (otherwise, why accept carrying them in the first place?) And then I thought about the whole 'cute cat' online thing and wondered if it was related to the actual 'cute cat' parasite-harbouring animal itself. So while the actual offline 'cute cat' is a disease vector, it's also 'viral' online too. Then I thought that that was a kind of a crazy idea.

And then I also thought, to what extent do I want to sustain any specific 'things' over time? Whether those things be 'social' or whatever. It's IMO an argument for not arguing against or for anything.

Consider that sustaining certain 'things' over time can be quite good and enriching to all involved... 'friendship', peace, joy, love, discipline, cooperation... other things like hatred, fear, vengeance, war, can be quite contrary to enriching ways... though individuals may feed these without realizing what they do... even to the point of feeding them when seeking to eradicate them...(for example I could say I hate it when someone focuses on what they hate and dislike )... Instead I say let the words you use reflect what you choose to energize... What is it that each wants to energize? Look at the words they use to see... I quoted parts of what you said to highlight those particular parts... hoping that seeing the words you used would get you wondering if indeed that is what you want to cultivate...

yes some 'memes' are sort of 'parasitic'... habits be them vices or virtues are certainly sort of 'parasitic'... ideally we would be 'infested' with symbiotic parasites that are good for us. In a way each time we have thoughts, words, feelings, stories we, feed and sustains such thoughts, words, feelings, stories... which meme do you want to feed now? will it be associated to 'hatred' will it be associated to 'love' peace joy understanding wisdom... BTW and for clarity sake... I recognize and acknowledge when someone focuses on what they focus while I put forth certain considerations to highlight certain issues and the importance of consciously choosing what we feed and sustain...

For example I prefer dialogues to arguments... besides in the way of tao, the way be the way we may dialogue about it

Et-thoughts, interesting post.

".. I quoted parts of what you said to highlight those particular parts... hoping that seeing the words you used would get you wondering if indeed that is what you want to cultivate... "

Why?

Et-thoughts, interesting post.

".. I quoted parts of what you said to highlight those particular parts... hoping that seeing the words you used would get you wondering if indeed that is what you want to cultivate... "

Why?

Because deep down I believe that you and just about everyone wants to cultivate kind caring loving notions... its just that quite often individuals just get entangled into doing something contrary to what they really want... unaware of what they do ... without knowing what they do... or why they do it... its difficult to learn what to do... when the cards are on the table, and one sees the different games, its easy to pick the wining hand... and given the choice few would pick a losing hand to win... its a bit more involved because the cards on the table involve choosing between apparent identical games though actually being quite different hands:

- what seems to be because it be

- what seems to be because it just seems to be... but isn't

I like to say be it a dream be it for real always choose the better ways... hedge the choice to ensure always being on the wining side...

Because deep down I believe that you and just about everyone wants to cultivate kind caring loving notions... its just that quite often individuals just get entangled into doing something contrary to what they really want... unaware of what they do ... without knowing what they do... or why they do it... its difficult to learn what to do... when the cards are on the table, and one sees the different games, its easy to pick the wining hand... and given the choice few would pick a losing hand to win... its a bit more involved because the cards on the table involve choosing between apparent identical games though actually being quite different hands:

- what seems to be because it be

- what seems to be because it just seems to be... but isn't

I like to say be it a dream be it for real always choose the better ways... hedge the choice to ensure always being on the wining side...

What are you trying to win? Who's playing? What's the score? What happens if you don't want to play at all?

Was just using the metaphor of playing a game... though if you want to know what be the game ... well it be the one of life and death which only has one ultimate outcome... death dies and life lives... Life is still wining... and will ultimately trump ... if you don't want to play at all you will still be part of the game for its not a matter if you want to play or don't want to play... its how you play that matters... you can choose to love it, hate it, recognize it, ignore it... whatever you do thats what you do... My suggestion is to learn to play nice and joyously... its a much better game that way...

@Et-thoughts.

Have you taken it upon yourself to teach me?

I'm a bit of a DIY-er. So, er, thanks but no thanks in this particular case. No offense intended. Defense very much intended:-)

Entities only have what power one chooses to permit them. Maybe game metaphor is 'lost' on noncompetitive Taoist.

Well it the game metaphor is 'lost' on noncompetitive Taoist, then its the Taoist responsibility ... and the Taoist 'loss'... affects everyone... I would like each and everyone to take the responsible for the game that corresponds to them... and do what needs be done...

@Et-thoughts.

Have you taken it upon yourself to teach me?

I'm a bit of a DIY-er. So, er, thanks but no thanks in this particular case. No offense intended. Defense very much intended:-)

Defense from what? I am just pointing some stuff out... it is up to each to decides and choose what and if to learn something... To answer directly the question you asked ... na I have not taken it upon myself to teach you... I have taken it upon myself to point something out...

Surrender might be a pretty good strategy when it comes to that game.

Hey, I can bring it back on topic. There's a Tibetan Buddhist/ Bon practive called Chod (sp?) where they go to graveyards and haunted places and give themselves up to evil entities, enlightenment by surrender and not fighting.

Surrender might be a pretty good strategy when it comes to that game.

Hey, I can bring it back on topic. There's a Tibetan Buddhist/ Bon practive called Chod (sp?) where they go to graveyards and haunted places and give themselves up to evil entities, enlightenment by surrender and not fighting.

Yea lets push it back to the topic... the light goes into the darkest places to enlighten it all... as the darkness surrenders without a fight. I am all for cutting "'... through hindrances and obscuration, sometimes called 'demons' or 'gods'. Examples of demons are ignorance, anger and, in particular, the dualism of perceiving the self ... " From what I just read :

The purpose of the practice is to engender a sense of victory and fearlessness. These two qualities are represented iconographically by the dhvaja, or victory banner and the kartika, or ritual knife. The banner symbolizes overcoming obstacles and the knife symbolizes cutting through the ego. Since fearful or painful situations help the practitioner's work of cutting through attachment to the self, such situations may be cultivated.[6] Machig Labdrön said: "To consider adversity as a friend is the instruction of Chöd".[4]