shaq786

Mopai nei kung, there has to be an equivalent!

"Mopai nei kung, there has to be an equivalent!" This depends highly on what your goal is. The end goal of a Mo Pai practitioner is to break free from the cycle of rebirth and possibly attain total enlightenment if the entire system is completed. If breaking free from rebirth is your goal then there is no system that I am aware of that does a better job. If you have other goals however, you're better suited with different systems that get right to the point and focus on your goals.

• Like 1

You seek power, not spiritual evolution; this is your first mistake. Second, you make the false assumption that mo pai has more potential than any other practice.

Spiritual evolution is power what else would it be? if not power, weakness? ignorance?

• Like 2

"Mopai nei kung, there has to be an equivalent!" This depends highly on what your goal is. The end goal of a Mo Pai practitioner is to break free from the cycle of rebirth and possibly attain total enlightenment if the entire system is completed. If breaking free from rebirth is your goal then there is no system that I am aware of that does a better job. If you have other goals however, you're better suited with different systems that get right to the point and focus on your goals.

What makes you so sure Mo Pai is so good at breaking one free from rebirth. In fact, what makes you so sure that rebirth is something that happens, in the first place?

• Like 1

What makes you so sure Mo Pai is so good at breaking one free from rebirth. In fact, what makes you so sure that rebirth is something that happens, in the first place?

From the void each day you witness millions of beings coming into being, and each day you see millions of beings returning.

I know personally that one day I woke up here in this world, as if waking from a dream, and that someday I will leave it.

We can make certain cases for what will happen after death:

1. Eternal afterlife

2. Eternal nonexistence

3. Rebirth

Seeing as each day millions come from and return to the void, I think a belief in rebirth is not unreasonable.

Out of all these cases, rebirth also is the only one I would want to prevent.

As to why mo pai is good at it? Well previous generation masters returning (as physical and visible spirits) to interact with their students should be a tip off there.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 3

4. Hanging out for many years (or perhaps even decades or centuries even), but not eternally ;).

5. Joining the celestial realms (whether this is for all eternity or not is up for debate)

6. Become partially a wandering spirit (ugh, bad option)

7. Reincarnate but with your present memory and abilities

8. Become a functional still evolving spirit after death

9. Become a shade/litch/etc. (though this is probably very similar if not the same as #4)

;)

Now I'm curious what MoPai/level 72 makes you into?

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

I'm laughin' at no 9.

That's the way Dorian is headin'.

I better get practisin' my turn undead!

Fortunately every single thing on that list (accept #6) is very very extremely rare.

It would be more about what Clyman teaches him than anything else really. IMO.

The making fun of MoPai (for those who need to get it out) thread is over there in Thunder_Gooch's PPF ;).

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 1

The making fun of MoPai (for those who need to get it out) thread is over there in Thunder_Gooch's PPF ;).

Is that what that thread is for? I mistook it for a serious discussion. Silly me!

• Like 1

So for those with some ability and/or natural talent... I guess the thing would be to ask yourself what do you want to spend all eternity doing? Do you want to spend it as you are now with your present thoughts and any internal turmoil you might have? It's generally best to clear all that crap out first, as what you are made up of can end up being your very thoughts, fears, anger, and your strongest emotions if you aren't careful.

• Like 2

So for those with some ability and/or natural talent... I guess the thing would be to ask yourself what do you want to spend all eternity doing? Do you want to spend it as you are now with your present thoughts and any internal turmoil you might have? It's generally best to clear all that crap out first, as what you are made up of can end up being your very thoughts, fears, anger, and your strongest emotions if you aren't careful.

"As you think, so shall you become." --Bruce Lee

• Like 2

I don't know that Mo Pai is valid at breaking rebirth or that rebirth exists but figuring out is part of my goal. If I train in Mo Pai for several years and still get no results then I'll probably quite because it will be disreguarded as an invalid system. The more reaults I do get with it however, the more personally satisfied I will be that Mo Pai is creditable. And like Thunger_Gooch said there are only three possible options for what can happen after death, and rebirth (if it exists) must be stopped. If it isn't real you really haven't lost anything. According to what I've read an heard in the first level of Mo Pai the ideal meditative state is very, very deep and a lot can be learned if it is achieved. Of course this could all be a lie but that's what I'm out to discover myself.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 2

This has been my goal since 1975

I am accomplishing this.

I know zero about Mo Pai.

The end goal of a Mo Pai practitioner is to break free from the cycle of rebirth and possibly attain total enlightenment if the entire system is completed. If breaking free from rebirth is your goal then there is no system that I am aware of that does a better job.

Seeing as each day millions come from and return to the void

IMO, the new ones coming into this world are being scraped from the bottom of the barrel.

Self absorbed parasites, in fleshy unfit bodies.

My opinion of humanity would make thunder_gooch appear as a Nobel Peace prize candidate.

Thus my PPF stays empty ;)

• Like 1

Thunger_Gooch said there are only three possible options for what can happen after death, and rebirth (if it exists) must be stopped

The insatiable craving of desire to return to this plane of incarnation for materialism, is what keeps a person on the hamster wheel.

I'm thinking, the desire to complete 72 levels of mo pai is enough to keep a spirit returning to this plane of physical existence.

• Like 1

The insatiable craving of desire to return to this plane of incarnation for materialism, is what keeps a person on the hamster wheel.

I'm thinking, the desire to complete 72 levels of mo pai is enough to keep a spirit returning to this plane of physical existence.

But what if they only desire to complete those levels to escape it? Paradox :o

I'll tell you why I do my chi kung, which is as good as or better than Mo Pai.

I do it because it feels good.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 5

I mean, any system that counts levels like that must be kind of anal, right?

Do you suppose, every time they level up, they hear music; like in a Final Fantasy game?

EDIT: Ba da da da da dun dun daaaaaaaaa!

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 5

The whole concept that at some time in the future you will be a higher level better version of you is a bit hard on your current self esteem don't you think? I think that belief is only going to add to your suffering.

• Like 1

The whole concept that at some time in the future you will be a higher level better version of you is a bit hard on your current self esteem don't you think? I think that belief is only going to add to your suffering.

But isn't everyone always going to be a higher level better version of them (or, at least, ideally - better than being a worse version :| )? I mean all of these systems are predicated on the idea that if we put in time now, we'll get benefits later on. Steps, levels, degrees, ranks, tiers of achievement, separate DVD editions, whatever. It's all the same basic idea.

You guys are really makin' me chuckle.

I meditated long and hard upon the nature of mortality.

The wise accept physical death as part of the natural order.

But what if they only desire to complete those levels to escape it? Paradox

It is often said the desire for enlightenment prevents it.

Striving, and all that, attachment to the concept of enlightenment, assuming you know what this term is, or might be used for.

I read U G Krishnamurti (not Jiddu, the other, more obscure one. Of course I read a ton of Jiddu before and since.)

I took U G at his word when he said you don't want this, this experience I had, it was a catastrophe.

Ironically enough, I appeared to go through a similar thing myself, with my symptoms and the ones he described being so similar I at once recognised them when my event began.

But perhaps there are a very wide range of such events.

Really, I'm quite the noob on the truly esoteric.

Mostly I studied what I considered to be Philosophy.

Sorry if I'm off topic.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell