shaq786

Mopai nei kung, there has to be an equivalent!

The insatiable craving of desire to return to this plane of incarnation for materialism, is what keeps a person on the hamster wheel.

I'm thinking, the desire to complete 72 levels of mo pai is enough to keep a spirit returning to this plane of physical existence.

Desire isn't enough. You have to have a plan of action plus desire which is the driving force behind executing the plan.

• Like 2

4. Hanging out for many years (or perhaps even decades or centuries even), but not eternally.

5. Joining the celestial realms (whether this is for all eternity or not is up for debate)

6. Become partially a wandering spirit (ugh, bad option)

7. Reincarnate but with your present memory and abilities

8. Become a functional still evolving spirit after death

9. Become a shade/litch/etc. (though this is probably very similar if not the same as #4)

I'm laughin' at no 9.

That's the way Dorian is headin'.

Lol, I hope to reach a level above that.

But better a ghost immortal 4ever than reincarnation, I guess.

Now I'm curious what MoPai/level 72 makes you into?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

But isn't everyone always going to be a higher level better version of them (or, at least, ideally - better than being a worse version :| )? I mean all of these systems are predicated on the idea that if we put in time now, we'll get benefits later on. Steps, levels, degrees, ranks, tiers of achievement, separate DVD editions, whatever. It's all the same basic idea.

Not all of them, some of them try to find out what the self is before they try to change or improve it.

Do you suppose, every time they level up, they hear music; like in a Final Fantasy game?

EDIT: Ba da da da da dun dun daaaaaaaaa!

I channeled some important information on just that subject this afternoon. :) They don't really have number levels, they just made it up to fuck with the heads of gringos and have a little fun.

Fraid I don't know the tune to Final Fantasy, I'll have to look that up ... which one of these is the MoPai one?

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

Do you suppose, every time they level up, they hear music; like in a Final Fantasy game?

EDIT: Ba da da da da dun dun daaaaaaaaa!

THAT'S the mystical sound that occurs when the chi structure ascends from one level to the next in Mo Pai training: :)

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 2

The insatiable craving of desire to return to this plane of incarnation for materialism, is what keeps a person on the hamster wheel.

I'm thinking, the desire to complete 72 levels of mo pai is enough to keep a spirit returning to this plane of physical existence.

Desire isn't enough. You have to have a plan of action plus desire which is the driving force behind executing the plan.

plan of action plus desire = plan to finish all 72 levels of mo pia :blink: - then bonus round :wub:

I channeled some important information on just that subject this afternoon. :) They don't really have number levels, they just made it up to fuck with the heads of gringos and have a little fun.

Fraid I don't know the tune to Final Fantasy, I'll have to look that up ... which one of these is the MoPai one?

StarJumper : This one

for all 15. Hey they reached level 15 already! ^_^

Edited by Friend
  • Like 1

72* is a 'magickal number" - not necessarily literal, more complete in spiritual realm, thus metaphorical

*shemhamphorash

*decanates = 72 goetia entities

72 is repeatedly in the bible

72 x 2 = 144

144, another number in the bible, magick etc

72 x 5 = 360

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Isn't it funny how someone linked to Final Fantasy IV.

I never played any of those games until I found myself in hospital recently.

My brother kindly lent me his old ds.

I played Final Fantasy IV until I completed it.

And my poem cycle was originally going to number 72, in harmony with the mystic tarot.

But the poems just kept coming!

I'll have to take out a few of the weaker ones maybe.

I had these thoughts about whether my teacher or John are more powerful. My teacher was in his eighties when I was with him, and John looks like kind of a young feller, so it stands to reason, even if both systems are comparable in power, and I suppose they are, that someone with more decades of practice would have more chi power than the other.

Re:

-----

"But its hard to believe because basically your tellng me that out of thousands of years of chineese qigong systems developing that Mo Pai Nei Kung has surpassed them in leaps and bounds."

-----

I'm confused by this.

Is this about the guy in the YouTube video doing acupuncture and lighting a bit of paper on fire?

Nothing he did in the video is all that unusual - why is there all this speculation about one documentary video?

Could someone explain this thread and this phenomena?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

to speak of it plainly is to invite argument from the mo pai fundamentalists. you might as well go to church and start talking about how they stole the story of noah from sumerian lore :lol:

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

Re:

-----

"to speak of it plainly is to invite argument from the mo pai fundamentalists."

-----

"Mo pai fundamentalists"? Are these just people who saw the video?

This is fascinating. I'd certainly like to know more about this phenomena. The skills demonstrated in the video are not that unusual, but I do find it very interesting that people would react to an old video in the way I'm seeing in this thread.

-VonKrankenhaus