DragonGateNYC

Grand Master Wang Liping Ten day Private Intensive

Others say he can ... Can anyone testify to such feats?

My first meditation teacher regularly did 'fantastic' mystical feats when he first started teaching, then he stopped: it created hub-bub and detracted from the simple work. Probably not an uncommon cycle.

In any case, those sorts of 'miracles' are generally not done on demand, "prove it to me!". Teachers want students who are interested in showing and doing the work; it's more satisfying and productive. (Usually not many show up anyway.) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If "Opening the Dragon Gate" is real and not fiction then he must be an amazing teacher, yet perhaps the whole of that book is not meant literally as some of it does seem over the top. He talks about some amazing feats in the book which he should be able to replicate with new students, things like being able to make entire groups of new students to spontaneously move with his own power. Others say he can stop the rain. Can anyone testify to such feats?

If he is that good, why does he need the money?

• Like 1

If he is that good, why does he need the money?

Pick up some extra side work and save up the money so you can go present the question to him personally.

Pick up some extra side work and save up the money so you can go present the question to him personally.

That should not require payment.

That should not require payment.

Write a letter. I suppose that requires an envelope and stamp which costs money so never mind that one. How about email? He has a student who is a certified teacher who can perform daigong. Look her up and email her that question. She may be able to help you out.

I suppose it's probably best if Master Liping had a solid job year round and then allowed students worldwide to fly to receive free, private training.

Here's a question. If he taught for free, would you actually save up the airfare and hotel money for that trip or would you gripe that he doesn't fly out to you personally?

Has anyone who frequents here been to an intensive of Wang Liping?

Taomeow, a well respected member of the community, has attended one or more of master Wang Liping's intensives. She has posted a few posts about it. Very interesting/entertaining (you choose) read.

If "Opening the Dragon Gate" is real and not fiction then he must be an amazing teacher, yet perhaps the whole of that book is not meant literally as some of it does seem over the top. He talks about some amazing feats in the book which he should be able to replicate with new students, things like being able to make entire groups of new students to spontaneously move with his own power. Others say he can stop the rain. Can anyone testify to such feats?

Absolutely. After twenty years of studying with other qigong teachers, Master Wang has opened me up to experience entirely new levels. This is what I seek; growth, progress.

Master Wang's students have amazing testimonials to share that are way beyond that which is publicly known. Master Wang doesn't show off, he just does what he decides is necessary for the progress and well being of his students. Also his students like to keep quiet; they don't have the need to impress or recruit any student.

Master Wang doesn't need your money at all; we've gone over how the tuition is distributed. Neither is he obligated to teach you anything for free. Your karma decides the path you take.

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I doubt there is anything he would be willing to teach me in regards to internal alchemy that I haven't already discovered. The thing with such a large group is that you can only go as fast as the slowest person.

So the way I figure I would be sitting with a bunch of noobs who are awestruck at the basics, feeling chi being transmitted, rather than making their own. They might get a glimpse of the heart center unbound and go insane with bliss, but non of that stuff is really anything new to me. I have never been transmitted chi that I am aware of, but I generate it fine on my own. I can sink the fire from my chest to the LDT and breath the shen into the original cavity, has Wang Liping led anyone beyond the heart into the fire in a 10 day intensive?

What did people learn from the intensive other than Wang Lipings "power"? Do they progress in MCO? Does he do shaktipat? What is the lowdown!

I would be interested in learning to transmit chi like the masters do, but I don't know if they would teach that. It's not something I want to practice on people if it might harm them, so I'm sorta stuck there.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I doubt there is anything he would be willing to teach me in regards to internal alchemy that I haven't already discovered. The thing with such a large group is that you can only go as fast as the slowest person.

So the way I figure I would be sitting with a bunch of noobs who are awestruck at the basics, feeling chi being transmitted, rather than making their own. They might get a glimpse of the heart center unbound and go insane with bliss, but non of that stuff is really anything new to me. I have never been transmitted chi that I am aware of, but I generate it fine on my own. I can sink the fire from my chest to the LDT and breath the shen into the original cavity, has Wang Liping led anyone beyond the heart into the fire in a 10 day intensive?

What did people learn from the intensive other than Wang Lipings "power"? Do they progress in MCO? Does he do shaktipat? What is the lowdown!

I would be interested in learning to transmit chi like the masters do, but I don't know if they would teach that. It's not something I want to practice on people if it might harm them, so I'm sorta stuck there.

People get hung up on the woo woo factor as opposed to doing the real work!

we've gone over how the tuition is distributed

I can't find this information...how is it distributed exactly?

I can't find this information...how is it distributed exactly?

To the government for airfare, resort costs, etc.

Thanks Informer...but that's not exact at all.

It should not cost him more than $3600 to fly and stay at a hotel for 10 days. Lets say that's exactly what it costs for his trip.

If there are only two students, then he's earning $3600 for his 10 days. $360 a day of pure profit...I'd love to earn that much.

However, what is a normal attendance for him?

Lets say just 11 people attend. For this one seminar, he has earned $36,000. That's how much I will earn in a year starting out in my career. :blink::lol:

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1

I've met in the last few years over 100 persons at intensives and no one of them complained after the seminar(s) about the money they spent for it. Every single one of them is still happy with the decision they've made to go to learn from Master Wang.

The things Master Wang teaches the first 3 days is for most people enough to train a whole lifetime. What he teaches the rest of the intensives you'll only need if you're gifted and train hard every day.

There are too many people in this forum having an exaggerated opinion of themselves: There are no shortcuts in Nei Gong, just discipline and hard training. I think it doesn't matter what REAL Master you choose to learn the basics from - because you have to train for decades before you can even evaluate a REAL Master.

I think I've made the right decision directly learning from Master Wang from the beginning, because I will not have to search for a new Master when the day arrives when I've mastered everything I've learned from him. And that one I can say for sure: Master Wang has some really advanced students and every single one of them consideres himself as a beginner by the side of Master Wang.

(I hope you understand what I'm trying to say in my bad English)

• Like 5

(I hope you understand what I'm trying to say in my bad English)

I think you did fine Kronos. Thank you for sharing. :)

I see this is fast degenerating into an off-topic showdown. My threads have a funny habit of being hijacked too, so i'm on familiar teritory ;)

All you people doubting the authenticity of Opening the Dragons Gate, or the credentials of Master Wang himself, need to realize that scepticism is kinda a double edged sword. I was lucky enough to attend the April 2011 intensive with Master Wang, so i've experianced first hand some of what is recounted in the book. The Longmen pai has equilibrium exercises for exchanging energy with the trees, sun, moon and stars. Methods of naturally absorbing and circulating energy while walking. A very powerful sitting meditation exercise for dual cultivation of essence and life. Five element exercises for gathering internal and external medicine/elixer and building the Dan in the lower field. Shuigong/sleeping practices. Methods for opening and training the celestial/third eye, not to mention kick starting the MCO. The list goes on. This is just a fraction of the practices Grandmaster has in his arsenal.

If you want to see one of the few authentic internal alchemy lineages in action, then i suggest you pack a bag and head out in August, you won't regret it.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 2