konchog uma

Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong

"Between a contemporary practictioner and, a book. And yes'm lots of other practioner/teachers. How are potential students to decide upon any kind of starting point?"

Difficult situation at large.

"I didn't see you pointing out that TTB's (be) came as a direct result of practioners discussing stuff with each other."

I think you're commenting on the limits of my sharing these days? I've shared quite a lot,... but also I'm sharing a lot less than I used to. That's just me, where I'm at.

There's still plenty of room for others to share as much as they are moved to! :)

Not really. Although I did want to reiterate the 'collegial practitioners together' aspect of TTB'S :-)

• Like 1

If you have doubts about learning something serious from DVDs, then find a live teacher. If you can't, then be content with DVD and books. If you still have doubts about DVDs, forget this whole thing because your doubts will prevent any sustained practice to happen.

This is goof issue. I dunno what to say. I want to believe it is possible to learn high level practice from DVD. But all my experience says it is not possible untill you encounter really good system which is simple to learn and complete in fulfillment. I just dont know as I am limited normal person leaving in the west. Yes, I would trust more to the system with history and people who reached fulfillment in this system. But I can trust system if it just resounds with me, but again I want to have at least basic info on the system and all requirements prior involvement. Personally I would be happy to find system which can be learned from videos. But most of the teachers stand that then student must see teacher in person. This is common rule invented not by me and it is not my whim. Ask here on the forum Yamu, Terry Dunn or Garry. I can not travel to Hawaii. And they not willing to come to Europe. That is all

And yes I incline more to find teacher who you can meet and who can correct your practice. Because this kind of practices are very subtle at some point. And very dangerous if done incorrectly. Some initial levels can be learnt from DVD but what point to start if you are engaged but not able to complete?

As for the aims. I know that shamanism and taoism have different aims at the end. Some points are very similar but they not same and have different ways and methods but can look similar. If you do not know what you are going to practice how you can practice it then?

Make your search simplier because, as I see it, you are making your qigong/neigong/kungfu life very complicated and probably without any real outcome.

Hope it helps.

Yes, it helps. I will ask Chris about the system. As simple as that. Can I? Will you allow me it?

If he says I can not learn it entirely from DVD then I will find live teacher. Nowadays it is not so complicated.

Well, to my knowldege, Yamu has already given workshop in the UK, not far away from Europe (sorry, I had to make it :D ). He even recently gave a distance class neigong.

Christer Wretfors is in Sweden. Have you asked him about his requirements for accepting students?

Terry Dunn was ready to come in the UK for workshops but couldn't make it for various reasons. But it could happen some time in the future.

Here I am only talking about the people you mentioned.

about Taoism and Shamanism. Man, it is not like you had some choice at the restaurant between sushi and beef/horse.

I am no one here to tell, but to me, life is not like that. We are not potential consumers of very possible system that would be waiting for us. We are simply not. Taoism nor Shamanism, nor anything like that can't be choosen, they are too huge.

I am not here to allow you something or not, but I saw you going round in circles so..

My last message about it. Sorry Trunk for derailing this thread. :( . I can delete the content of my posts if you ask.

Well, to my knowldege, Yamu has already given workshop in the UK, not far away from Europe (sorry, I had to make it :D ). He even recently gave a distance class neigong.

Christer Wretfors is in Sweden. Have you asked him about his requirements for accepting students?

Yamu said there is 500 hours program. And he was not in EU recently. After I knew abou him and his system.

Christer and Garry doubled their price recently and this is not my case anymore. I tried to contact Garry few times but he was not kind to answer my queries and said to pay double price without giving answers to my queries. That is case I am talking about.

At the same time I found very credible taoist wudan lineage teacher who transmits knowledge for FREE asking money only for the rent of premises and how much you can afford to pay. This is very spiritual approach. But they are far from me at the moment but I will be able to see them later when I am back to my country. Just was looking for practice while I am away. And I know what I can do now. Just was wondering about DS stuff. If it is OK to learn from only DVDs then it may be my case. I just wanted basic info, nothing more

I am no one here to tell, but to me, life is not like that. We are not potential consumers of very possible system that would be waiting for us. We are simply not. Taoism nor Shamanism, nor anything like that can't be choosen, they are too huge.

This is beyond my awareness at the momemt

Edited by Eugene

The topic of "how to choose a system/teacher/method?" and "what framework / background is useful in that decision?" ... something like what -K- put so succinctly and you two are debating... I think would make an excellent and very substantial topic. Obviously, people navigate differently and there is often lots to learn from different points of view. :)

Some of our best topics come from a previous topic. :D

(and obviously it is legit conversation here, imho)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3

I've got reply to my query from Sifu Chris :P

I am max's wu family lineage holder and maybe i use his name wu xiao shr because that is the lineage line of the wu family, but the lineage is the same... It is not clear, but the line of teaching roots in the origin in persia and india and tibet then kunlun then into the chinese mountains into japan... an unbroken lineage. At whatever level we choose to teach it, it maybe called something else, but the essence is the same, the focus and ultimate outcomes maybe slightly different depending on how it was used in that certain time in history, but take thinder breathing for example, there is bonpo, there is nyng ma, the family methods, but they are following a line of traditional teachings passed down through generations and perhaps renamed, in the family systems, the secrets are shared the working flexable knowledge of the methods so that they are 'tweakable', but there is nothing wrong with learning the method however it was presented. I think that your discussion group may not be aware that it maybe a timeline more that difference in lineage. And what would you credit the growth and development of the brain and pineal pituitary glands, etc for ultimately???? do you think it would be beneficial? and do you think all would achieve the same or different outcome?? If i gave everyone 100% brain capability and put the chi in their left hand only, would they all come out the same? If i gave the ability to manifest, would the outcomes all look the same? Looking at it this way, you can probably figgure out the practical nature of it....

To be honest I do not understand precisely but guess that 100 % of brain capability would be great result. :D Yeah, I ve never tought about it. This is the point

• Like 3

That's interesting.

So, do you find it an enough acceptable answer to your request for basic informations about what Laoxie teaches?

If yes, would you become Laoxie's student?

That's interesting.

So, do you find it an enough acceptable answer to your request for basic informations about what Laoxie teaches?

If yes, would you become Laoxie's student?

No, not enough information for my request. But OK for basics. :)

Kunlun is symbol of Pineal gland. Developed p.g. means reaching enlightnment I guess. But it is very questioable. I read opinion of some masters that it might be dangerous to work with p.g. And that's the problem I was mentioning. I can not get answers through internet this way. Mine problem, I am too indulging like you say? I dunno. That was not precise answer on what I asked. My main query was about ability to learn via DVDs and if it can be completed and what to practice exactly.

But as far as I know Trunk wrote here that all centres are developed in KYMQ. And it is going to the center. May be that's all what one needs to know.

• Like 1

To my knowledge, Laoxie's school functions like any traditional one. There are closed door disciples, who receive special transmission. The DVDs are obviously very useful in so many ways and offers some kind of real deal look at Trunk, spiraltao, zerostao's posts about DGS but there is also a inner circle, like often :)

Edited for spelling

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 2

I ve got another broader reply from Sifu :)

do you have the kuan yin video? i'm not talking about the one (bell meditation) on youtube... the specific one (transmission) on the kuan yin video. In the video it is to awaken and stimulate specific parts of the brain and energy in place for manifesting. I think that it is very well described on the video.

To learn seriously, yes the direct transmission from my eyes and hands is a must. The practices are all foundations of frame or framework which is vital to transformation this framework is for knowing where you should be to be most efficient or wuji.. physically and energetically (the rules).. all my practices overlap this set of protocol or principle. the only way to know this is to train with me or the dvds. the different disciplines illustrate this. this is then called the pre heaven or vajra level or the lining up, merging with the forces of nature, the polish and sculpting.... post heaven or phurba level is the wielding of the forces of nature the applying or functional, this is the only way to the transformation i think you are asking about.... Spiritual transformation cannot be done without applying for real and putting yourself on the edge, on the spot... trying just to see if you can, will do nothing... accomplish nothing this makes sense right? the word enlightenment, i think is more exact as awakening, 'buddha' means awakened one and awakening in the 9 palace or celestial or heavenly steps is step one of 9.
To better answer, seriously, is i need to know what you mean by spiritual transformation ( it is a very general term) i need this because you are asking 'And what do we need to practice exactly for spiritual transformation?... exactly and spiritual transformation you see dont belong in the same sentence...
example, a change of life philosophy simply by viewing 5 min of the video is spiritual transformation, the growth and development of the pineat and pituitary several times its size and capacity from practicing the meditation on the video is spiritual transformation, The ability heitened enough to know the weak spot or where to be when in your life after practicing the meditation is spiritual transformation.. The increase up to 100% brain capability at a very effortless pace from the meditation on the video is spiritual transformation.
seriously, i have 100s of students doing excellent from the dvds bagua, meditations, etc. The transmissions on the dvd and they can fast forward, rewind, ask questions, send footage, receive corrections, etc.... it is not hard to learn from dvds. sometimes my students here wish they had dvds to watch at home... they are all beneficial at high degrees. my dvds are not normal dvds i do put a lot of information in there. packed with training which dvds have yu seen so far? you would not be able to tell from only seeing youtubes.
  • Like 4

Thanks Trunk. I originally found the dgs material through your site via kriya yoga info.

The bagua dvds now available are different and there are three of them that have similar descriptions. Bagua lake palm, bagua heaven palm, and bagua basics. One says its the first of a 9 dvd series but the series is not shown.

I have no idea which one or more to get but do feel very drawn to Lao Xies teaching.

Some thoughts re: related free practices...

I mentioned to a friend that, ime, kuji-in complements KYMQ very effectively. It does a number of things, one of which is that kuji opens the channels (probably with emphasis to the arm channels, but still, it does a lot with very little effort). I stopped doing self acupressure for a long time while establishing my kuji practice. While I find the tips in Sifu Matsuo's presentation of kuji very helpful, someone could get a decent (free) start with kuji from the wikipedia entry.

Also, along the topic of related free practices... The official (I think) youtube channel for Spring Forest Qigong has several methods that I find relavent.

This video is my favorite level 1 SFQ method, which I found beneficial and enjoyed before DGS, but adding the DGS tips in KYMQ ... it just opened up, made more effective, these sorts of exercises for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5MkMLyoeI

p.s.

I find that part of a ... healing closing for these sphere related practices is to push the sphere into your own body and absorb it into any center within the torso, (choose which according to your own feeling and sense of balance in your own body).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhhYrGqfQxo

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3

I wanted to thank Trunk again for this awesome thread! I'm going to see if I can get KYMQ soon and use it with Spring Forest. The Kuji-in look great too.

Things have been looking up significantly for me this year so far and I hope it will continue.

Might actually start a new thread once I get the Kwan Yin dvd and see how things go.

• Like 4

Football.jpg

I got far enough with activating the feet that I'm now simultaneously doing the hand part of KYMQ (only up to the heart chakra, so far) while in the position #1 at left. (Actually easiest while sitting on a meditation cushion.) Changes things a lot. When you get to a place in KYMQ where you want to experiment a bit: recommended. :)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 4

At the same time I found very credible taoist wudan lineage teacher who transmits knowledge for FREE asking money only for the rent of premises and how much you can afford to pay. This is very spiritual approach. But they are far from me at the moment but I will be able to see them later when I am back to my country.

Antares would you like to share info about this Wudang lineage teacher? Any contact info, link... ?

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

I'm just catching up with this thread.

I've done a lot of reading but one thing that caught my eye was the raising of the heels off the floor.

In the aftermath of my event, where my head seemed to catch fire in some curious (electro magnetic?) manner, I began to walk on the front of my feet, with heels raised high off the floor.

Somehow this was connected in my mind with the phrase "The Ancient Giants do walk the Earth once more."

I seemed to bestride the earth like a Colossus.

Metal guru.

Hehehe.

• Like 3