konchog uma

Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong

Joeblast, thank you for posting this sorta stuff. It's really informative for those of us practicing the energetic aspects of meditation and chi kung. I appreciate it.

• Like 2

the thought is a higher level function. basically the focus of awareness is harnessing that base-level energy before it manifests as thought. that's why focusing your awareness on the mechanisms of breath steals So an example of this would be visualizing marital applications? energetic potential that would otherwise manifest as thought stream energy. and the continued cultivation leads to the creating of a new path of least resistance for the abundance of energy, which is that calm clear still mind. the thoughtformenergy path is still there and always will be in the human makeup, but instead of a nice big pipe just to thoughtstreamenergy, divert some of that pipe to awareness, and the extra gets more readily converted to core processes (think JQS).

you basically have energetic potentials, what you do with them is up to you, but harnessing them in stillness is the first step towards cultivation of higher amplitude potenenial So would a natural progression be ZZ, then on to bagua to get the stillness in motion jb?

Thanks for the kickin' post JB! Only now realized this was in the Kuan Yin thread, I do a qigong set but it is not the magnetic set that is being discussed here I think...

Edited by jaysahnztao

I got the DGS KYMQ DVD (three in one) day before yesterday.

I had kunlun experience ala Pillars of Bliss.

The KYMQ I felt zero the first time except the breath thru my hands.

The second time I done it (yesterday) I nearly overdone charging my brain. I DID NOT expect anything from it this method, at this rate, not sure if it will happen again, but the first mudra on the deep fatigue flow worked super!

My front brain is still hot, so I am gonna lay off a few days. Whoa

I feel like Trunk on the DVDs, only different, lol The DVD is what Ip Man called direct transmission of Gung Fu.

If this makes sense

drilling the whipping palms now, more so than the vibrating snake.

preparing for the VP :D

• Like 1

Sometimes practices are talked of as "downward flowing" or "upward flowing". I guess it always actually gets more complex than that within ourselves, because we are complex energy systems: once you put *any*thing in us after a while it's going to go up AND down and other ways too... but, yeah, also agreed: some practices emphasize do "up" or "down" more, no doubt. And those can be appropriate and useful.

For me, how I experience KYMQ and also how I see a lot of the dvd's tips leading to and from some of the things that are just said out-right, KYMQ is * centering *. And that's why I'm so hot on it. I've known theoretically and have personally experienced that refining and stabilizing into the deep-centers is where it's at. That general approach is the skillful approach to integrate with Deeper Stuff (Emptiness and Light) in a way that produces stability, cohesiveness, integration, and refinement within an individual.

And centering not only allows up and down, but also assists in refining up and down. This has deep implications for approaches to cultivating du and ren (and ida and pingala) in relationship to - and of secondary importance to - the deep-centers. (Or "zero-points", as some call them.) That is probably broad and controversial enough of a topic so that it deserves its own thread. Just noting here that this kind of approach exists. :)

I recently said in another thread:
"...sushumna has an especially potent relationship to Emptiness (or "void" as noted above) and Light. A super important phrase in the 6 Yogas literature is "enter, abide and dissolve". Meaning, you go into sushumna (enter) and stay there, stabley concentrated in the center of a chakra (abide) and let the energy refine into Light (dissolve). It's a huge huge HUGE key to all of cultivation, changes everything.

The intersections of the major chakras with sushumna, *that's* where it happens. Call it the "mysterious pass" or "the secret of the golden flower" or "bindus". Super important. Get that, and of all spirituality will suddenly make sense to you."

And that's what I look for in a system (not the only thing, but the main thing): How does it go about cultivating the deep-center/s? And *that's* what has me so enthused about DragonGateSanctuary: It has lots of very accessible, very effective methods that cultivate the center, in various ways. Some physical, some subtle, often both within the same method.

/rant off

- Trunk

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 8

Sometimes practices are talked of as "downward flowing" or "upward flowing". I guess it always actually gets more complex than that within ourselves, because we are complex energy systems: once you put *any*thing in us after a while it's going to go up AND down and other ways too... but, yeah, also agreed: some practices emphasize do "up" or "down" more, no doubt. And those can be appropriate and useful.

For me, how I experience KYMQ and also how I see a lot of the dvd's tips leading to and from some of the things that are just said out-right, KYMQ is * centering *. And that's why I'm so hot on it. I've known theoretically and have personally experienced that refining and stabilizing into the deep-centers is where it's at. That general approach is the skillful approach to integrate with Deeper Stuff (Emptiness and Light) in a way that produces stability, cohesiveness, integration, and refinement within an individual.

And centering not only allows up and down, but also assists in refining up and down. This has deep implications for approaches to cultivating du and ren (and ida and pingala) in relationship to - and of secondary importance to - the deep-centers. (Or "zero-points", as some call them.) That is probably broad and controversial enough of a topic so that it deserves its own thread. Just noting here that this kind of approach exists. :)

I recently said in another thread:

"...sushumna has an especially potent relationship to Emptiness (or "void" as noted above) and Light. A super important phrase in the 6 Yogas literature is "enter, abide and dissolve". Meaning, you go into sushumna (enter) and stay there, stabley concentrated in the center of a chakra (abide) and let the energy refine into Light (dissolve). It's a huge huge HUGE key to all of cultivation, changes everything.

The intersections of the major chakras with sushumna, *that's* where it happens. Call it the "mysterious pass" or "the secret of the golden flower" or "bindus". Super important. Get that, and %90 of all spirituality will suddenly make sense to you."

And that's what I look for in a system (not the only thing, but the main thing): How does it go about cultivating the deep-center/s? And *that's* what has me so enthused about DragonGateSanctuary: It has lots of very accessible, very effective methods that cultivate the center, in various ways. Some physical, some subtle, often both within the same method.

/rant off

- Trunk

Of the DVDs offered. If you could get only one which one would it be?

I've done Spring Forest first level dvd and quite like it but have no idea if it works 'deep centers' the way this KYMQ does.

Very interesting about centering Trunk. The whole "enter, abide, dissolve" process you describe sounds very much like healing tao style kan and li to me. I've studied kunlun/yi gong but not KYMQ. Your experience is that KYMQ is centering in a way kunlun/yi gong isn't?

Also, is it centering in a different way than healing tao kan and li? In kan and li of course there's actual manipulation of different levels of yin and yang energies, but I've always thought that if you can just BE at the center the perfect mixture is already there anyway without indulging in complicated cooking processes.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Of the DVDs offered. If you could get only one which one would it be?

Ideally I'd get 2 DGS dvds. I think that most people might get KYMQ and the Bagua Circle Walking dvds and that might be all the qigong they'd ever want, period. (I mean, I looked around for decades trying stuff. No need.) There's so much on each one of these dvds that you might get them a year or more apart from each other and still feel like you have more than enough to work on. I was kind of a nut and felt I wanted to "learn it all" and as it turns out it actually takes me a long long time to digest the practices and even after I do get comfortable with them they just go deeper. So, yeah, I want to learn more, but it's taking me years. I don't think everyone is, nor should be, a nut like that. If you only got two, I'd say the above. My reasons...

KYMQ is energetic. It's seated and works with energy, both running through your limbs (arms especially) and energetic core (centers) and brain.

Circle walking is more physical. Even the very simplest version of circle walking (which is what I do) is the best spine work I've ever come across. And there are other things in the dvd, a standing posture, squats, etc.

If I had to choose just one of those, personally I'd choose KYMQ. And, personally, if I were going to get both I'd still get KYMQ first. I think it'd let the bagua energy go through you more fluently. That's just my perspective.

And with each of these dvds, I'd caution that there is no need to learn it all at once. Take any little part of it and work with it as comfortable; let the practices come together as a whole in time, without rush. There is a lot to take in on each dvd.

Very interesting about centering Trunk. The whole "enter, abide, dissolve" process you describe sounds very much like healing tao style kan and li to me. I've studied kunlun/yi gong but not KYMQ. Your experience is that KYMQ is centering in a way kunlun/yi gong isn't?

Also, is it centering in a different way than healing tao kan and li? In kan and li of course there's actual manipulation of different levels of yin and yang energies, but I've always thought that if you can just BE at the center the perfect mixture is already there anyway without indulging in complicated cooking processes.

Thoughts?

Well, that's the cool thing about getting the understanding of deeper mechanics of the deep-center/s. Once you have that, you can see it in every system and as a result you can get a lot more of whatever system you're in. imo, they all have something that goes there. For instance, the virtues relate to the deep-center/s. As do each of those methods/systems you named.

I mean, even people who are not studying any esoteric system, if you say, "stay centered" - they intuitively can know, feel and do some of it. A friend of mine is in a difficult marriage and I sometimes marvel at how he keeps on through it and he says, "I just visualize a candle flame in the center of my heart the whole time". From my spiritual high tech perspective, it's one of the simplest, best, on-target things that he could do. And here I am reading all these books, lol, figuring it out... he's doing the simple heart of it.

ime, Laoxie gives a number of tips (like half dozen really important major ones) that made KYMQ give me more effective results, with greater safety than other presentations. That's just my limited experience. I know that different people have different paths, and I don't presume to say for everyone. Nor do I think that the presentations are necessarily exclusive... Someone who finds that their main teacher is another might get some insight from Laoxie's presentation that complements/enhances what they are learning from their main teacher. Or not. :)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 5

Thanks Trunk. Makes sense. I might check out KYMG sometimes. as it sounds like those tips could really inform and possibly revolutionize what I'm doing.

Can't find the Kwan Yin DVD anywhere. Anyone else found it?

Best is to order from Laoxie directly, per ordering directions on my page (got those directions from him):

"You may order any of the dvds on this webpage directly from Lao Xie (Sifu Matsuo) via PayPal to the e-mail address [email protected].

single dvd: $108

3-in-1 dvd: $200"

Just ask for the Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong dvd in the paypal message space and make sure your mailing address is included. Applies to any of the DGS dvds listed on fb, ebay, or on the page I created.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 1

I think that most people might get KYMQ and the Bagua Circle Walking dvds and that might be all the qigong they'd ever want, period. (I mean, I looked around for decades trying stuff. No need.)

I feel that I over-stated with the above, and I want to back pedal a bit. Some essentials come up in my mind like: "Breathing", "stillness meditation" as well as lesser known things from other various systems that I find regularly useful. I don't want to mislead and promise that "that's all anyone would ever want/need"... but a lot of my basic sentiment stands. I find the DGS stuff really useful, lol, and if I were only to get 2 dvds from DGS, then the above. There's a lot to work through on each.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 2

Hi, Trunk. Thanks for sharing your experience. I personally like his videos on bagua. But I do not believe that one can get it straight from any DVD. All authentic bagua masters stand that bagua is highly internal system which require certain internal cultivation (nei kung) and this is not just walking standing it is all one need.

As for KYMQ there is name qigong in it. This what was invented after neidan was distorted in China. I read about few taoist methods of alchemy from Wudan and all of them (2 i have found description) have seated and standing methods similar to what we know as brocades or five animals play. But latter ones were invented as qigong systems i.e. more calisthenics like. I want to say there should be at least three methods in alchemy and one of them is what they call shen gong. May be KYMQ is like shen gong and seated ones? but where standing ones? bagua is martial art and it is separate. So my query is what Chris saying on it if it is qigong or neidan? i understand it has some shamanic roots as coming from Wu family.

I feel that I over-stated with the above, and I want to back pedal a bit. Some essentials come up in my mind like: "Breathing", "stillness meditation" as well as lesser known things from other various systems that I find regularly useful. I don't want to mislead and promise that "that's all anyone would ever want/need"... but a lot of my basic sentiment stands. I find the DGS stuff really useful, lol, and if I were only to get 2 dvds from DGS, then the above. There's a lot to work through on each.

Yes, in authentic Wudan sects like Complete Reality they teach all these methods of cultivation. But Chris seems to give only part of it. I know he sell DVDs with some another qigongs but why he does not teach meditations? Or may be he does?

I think we should be clear here on such subjects as neidan and qigong. Does this qigong work with cultivation of xing and ming? What about night practice?

Eugene,

What I have shared has been merely from my own experience and my own understanding. I'm not claiming to represent Laoxie's pt of view. Similarly, I don't find myself qualified to answer your questions, nor even to assess the assumptions within them. I don't feel qualified to assess the methods in a classical theoretical nor a historical context.

- Trunk

• Like 1

I dunno Trunk. Between a contemporary practictioner and, a book. And yes'm lots of other practioner/teachers. How are potential students to decide upon any kind of starting point? I didn't see you pointing out that TTB's (be) came as a direct result of practioners discussing stuff with each other. I'd point that out, if you guys wouldn't mind?

"Between a contemporary practictioner and, a book. And yes'm lots of other practioner/teachers. How are potential students to decide upon any kind of starting point?"

Difficult situation at large.

"I didn't see you pointing out that TTB's (be) came as a direct result of practioners discussing stuff with each other."

I think you're commenting on the limits of my sharing these days? I've shared quite a lot,... but also I'm sharing a lot less than I used to. That's just me, where I'm at.

There's still plenty of room for others to share as much as they are moved to! :)

• Like 1

The Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong title doesn't give the title justice, it goes so deep and I would imagine anyone would could pick up benefits from it if I could. However those animal frolics are still done for a reason as well, you know? It's like what does your body NEED? you know? The KYMQ will mos def UP your game energetically, spiritually, martially, is the best way I can put it. This came from Kunlun mountains originally, very very old, it works, bottom line, you will not be disappointed to make an investment.

The five animal frolics are wonderful too.

Edited by spiraltao
  • Like 2

I want to put it more clear. For example you have choice. As usual :)

I know this is not easy issue. I know there are few very credible lineages among taoist sects. They have certain authentic methods. Normally they are gradual. From and to... Animals play is just example. This is initial method. It is not just like "what your body needs...". It is what all we need on the way of transformation. Gradual method. May be I sound to orthodox here. But it what I know and understand at the point where I am.

May be my mistake is that I want to have certain conception within taoist terms and methods.

And KYMQ has older roots in shamanism. With different approach.

But what the goal of this approach. Just go deeper and follow the white rabbit?

May be my mistake is that I want to have certain conception within taoist terms and methods.

First of all, for as long as I've been interested in Taoism, my clarity on classic Taoist terms is pathetic. Partly because the books I've read often give poetic (cryptic) and/or contradictory (different schools = different views) descriptions. Partly, my first few teachers did their best to put things in common speech, and that's my bias as well. From direct experience as much as possible, using common speech as much as possible.

Second, when I speak, I'm not giving an official DGS pt of view... I'm just talking as myself. I don't have a comprehensive view of the DGS dvd collection, nor Laoxie's views, nor how the system would look vis-a-vis a religious historical view, nor a classical Taoist theoretical view. I'm relatively very new to the DGS system, yet I think probably I'm seeing things about it because I've been exploring the internal arts from various angles for three decades.

That's a sketch of my context and limitations. :)

• Like 1

OKey, fair enough. Do you know Chris's email for queries? Could you PM me his email?

You see where I am coming from. I suppose that all teachers who spread out their materials should provide at least basic info on their systems. I have already encountered people who teach something for the high price but not providing proper info on a system they teach. And even when I asked them paticular questions they did not give proper answers saying oh just practice it.

Eugene

Beware of not becoming too much attached with the "basic info" you are looking for. For various reasons and in the historical context we are living in, people may not be able/or not willing to give you the "proper" answers your are waiting but nevertheless offering material you would be happy to practice for a fair amount of time.

I don't know you, but I am not in Daoist mountains during the 15th century right now, coz this is not my karma. If I had this karma, I certainly wouldn't be in position to ask the teacher's credentials before accepting to study his system. He would rather ask for mine before accepting me as his student. In Martial arts, it was the same until recently, and it is still the same whenever people who are teaching don't put money higher than they put their art.

By having a very picky approach, you may muffle your gut sense, and turn off part of your common sense. Nowadays, a lot of information is made available. To be honest, if I had wholeheartedly put in practice only 1/6 of the information I have, I would already have attained very high levels in IMA and meditation. If you are not totally clear about what you want for yourself, I am not sure people will be able to tell it to you.

Just' saying, not offense intended.

• Like 1

Beware of not becoming too much attached with the "basic info" you are looking for. For various reasons and in the historical context we are living in, people may not be able/or not willing to give you the "proper" answers your are waiting but nevertheless offering material you would be happy to practice for a fair amount of time

Not everything so straight. Nowadays there is surge of chikungs are spread out in the world. And you can not practice all of them. And absolutelly not all of them are the same and giving same results. There are different systems with different approaches and aims at the very end. And not every system which is spread out publically is complete. You can spend your money, time and efforts for the certain system and you should know what is the system you practice. This is not money issue but sincerity of both student and teacher. I just have some doubts about possibility learning something serious from DVDs. How can you be sure that putting your time and effort you can get everything what you need for your personal growth? May be then teacher can tell you to come and meet him in Hawaii, New Zeland or Greenland. Well not everybody can afford it. At least basic info on the sytem must be given

You can't practice all the qigong out there. That's true.

Since there are given different results, the first question would be : what results do you want?

Complete systems are rarely openly taught. So what are you ready to do in order to be taught such a system?

It IS a money, time and efforts issue on the student's part. This is the way the teacher can see the student's sincerity. As for the teacher's sincerity, just make your search. There are marketers, people looking after power etc.. If you have some gut and common sense, you will avoid most of them.

If you have doubts about learning something serious from DVDs, then find a live teacher. If you can't, then be content with DVD and books. If you still have doubts about DVDs, forget this whole thing because your doubts will prevent any sustained practice to happen.

The very basic idea of "getting everything you need for your personal growth" seems really like an infant idea. The world is not here so that we can get what we need for our personal growth. If your parents have feeded you, given you an education of some sort, then you already got what the world had to offer to you. If you wait for more, you may be disappointed. What is real now is: what can I/you do for my/your personal growth?

If you can't afford, going to Hawaii, California, Sweden or Australia. Don't now. Try to find a job, put money aside, practice with DVDs and then go to your happyland.

Make your search simplier because, as I see it, you are making your qigong/neigong/kungfu life very complicated and probably without any real outcome.

Hope it helps.

Edited to add some things here and there

Edited by bubbles