konchog uma

Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong

Hmmm, just wonder. KYMQ seems to be taoist method from Sifu Matsuo Wudang teacher but it is working with chakras. Are there chakras work in alchemical taoism? :blink:

Hmmm, just wonder. KYMQ seems to be taoist method from Sifu Matsuo Wudang teacher but it is working with chakras. Are there chakras work in alchemical taoism? :blink:

Well there is central channel work and as chakras lie inside this channel i suppose that they are affected, but calling something a chakra would be borrowing from sources outside Taoism i think.

I can not recall here in taoist texts they mentioned central channel and chakras. I read in this thread that there is chakras work and it does not matter how to call it as alch. taoism is based on tantiens but they are not chakras at all. So usage central channel and chakras work in taoism prompts me to think that it is not pure taoist method and could be an overlap with buddhist or bon tradition.

I dont know who is this guy and why I have to listen to him. I talked about classic texts of taoist sects. I have never heard about chakras from there.

Edited by Eugene

Were chakras included in the original lineage transfer, or something that he added just to explain how it works in more accessible way?

And is it really a purely taoist method? Just that it says "Wudang" doesn't mean much. (the Wu family lineage has Bon, Buddhist, even Indian teachings,.... )If you are interested in this, best ask sifu directly, he's accessible.

If something is not covered in classic texts, it doesn't mean it can't be taoist. According to some there are more than thousand taoist schools/lineages each with own systems, specialties and flavors.

Edited by Leif
  • Like 1

I dont know who is this guy and why I have to listen to him. I talked about classic texts of taoist sects. I have never heard about chakras from there.

Lol, don't have a hernia.

• Like 1

This guy is Tao Semko from KAP (Kundalini Awakening Process).

Texts are helpful in practices but so are people who practice. There's always argument as to whether or not they're more or less helpful than texts. I was trying to add a (what I reckon) helpful resource to the list.

Well, here was the thread where this issue was dicussed and the point was that kundalini is not the same as jing-qi-shen and there another processes evolve. I think it is better to mail to Sifu Matsuo but I only wonder this time. Looks like there some overlap between Bon and Taoism alchemy. Just tought may be here somebody who has practiced this know smth about this issue. Also wonder if this practice involve connection to Kwan Yin as it is Kwan Yin neikung.

Lots of good discussions to be had contrasting paths. I guess I see more similarities.

Looks like there some overlap between Bon and Taoism alchemy.
I don't mean to be sarcastic by stating the obvious: The overlap is that they are both talking about the human body. Where ever you go, there you are. Geographically and culturally separated regions came up with different names, often for the same stuff or overlapping parts.
  • Like 2

Right, which is where IMO/IME things get interesting. Look at the Xtian cultivation practices for instance, what happened to the ways they were explained and taught and why? What happened to the Xtian view of the body? That kind of thing.

However, I understand wanting (and needing) a straight-up orthodox set of instructions.

There is nothing wrong with overlaps at all. I used to practice Bon for a while and I love the theory there but I personally don't like much visualisations there and much of praying. It could be a good approach for one but I gave up that path and choose taoist methods path. I would be happy to find something what brings both paths together. I dont consider one path is easier then another but just trying to feel if the system resounds in me or not. I just wanted to know if there are much visualisations coz I dont really like it and I heard it simillar to Kunlun and Yin Yan hands of Celestial Neikung which I have practiced. I am looking for the system which I can practice without transmission as I cant travel faraway.

But as far as I know ALL alchemy practices based on transmission and it is crucial. Trunk already told me KYMQ can be really practiced without transmission. I only wanted to know smth more about system as there is no information at all about this system. I used to practice loads of systems before for few years and now I am very aware of any system which I am interested in. Never heard about such a system before and about such overlap. But it can be really good stuff and I hope so

However, I understand wanting (and needing) a straight-up orthodox set of instructions.

Well, I never heard about Chris Matsuo before and about Wu family. I don't really understand what is KYMQ. Is it chikung or alchemy? In any system there should be some philosophy or teaching and there should be masters known who completed themself on this path. But I know nothing about this system except of couple guys here on forum. But they don' t tell much about the system. So I need to make right choice for myself. And think about S-M more at the moment but this talks of tranmission confuse me really. Sorry for posting my doubts here just wanted to share my thoughts

I just wanted to know if there are much visualisations coz I dont really like it and I heard it simillar to Kunlun and Yin Yan hands of Celestial Neikung which I have practiced. I am looking for the system which I can practice without transmission as I cant travel faraway.

No visualizations.

Has overlap with Kunlun. (I'm not familiar with YY hands of CN.)

It's not that Laoxie isn't capable of transmission, it just isn't included in the dvd (as far as I know) and the practical tips on method are spot-on enough to get it to work very well just on basis of method, imo. "Effective methods + right tips" are unusually strong in this school, ime.

• Like 1

I read a lot about authentic alchemical taoist systems, and they dont seem to be based on using consciousness such as visualisations or breath or chakras breaths or using toughts.

It may depend on sect what they cultivate first xing or ming. This system seems to have spontaneous "mechanic" what is the symptom of alchemical method IMO

No visualizations.

Has overlap with Kunlun. (I'm not familiar with YY hands of CN.)

It's not that Laoxie isn't capable of transmission, it just isn't included in the dvd (as far as I know) and the practical tips on method are spot-on enough to get it to work very well just on basis of method, imo. "Effective methods + right tips" are unusually strong in this school, ime.

Thanks. Sounds pretty good :)

It also aims to awaken the "one sense" (LaoXie's choice of words) as opposed to the five (or six) senses that we commonly think of.

Very good advice.

All the six sensors can be reduced to one: the sensor to measure ecletrical current. (this is just a model, our creator may have more advanced technology, but this model explain well enough).

Vision: look at a digital camare, the light energy will eventually be measure by electrical current.

Hearing: microphone, the sound energy to electrical current.

Sense: pressure convert to electrical current.

Smell: Electronic nose.

Taste: Electronic tongue generate electric signals as potentiometric variations.

All the sense is basically the ability to measure electrical current.

It's the same principle as meditation: go back to the source, reverse the light, reduce to the essense, deconstruct self to the true self.

Edited by hydrogen
  • Like 4

I want to expand on what I already mentioned, above.

During the last several decades, very high-end transmissions have much more commonly become available to anyone who sought them out. At a level where, traditionally, historically, most of us would never get to even meet these people or maybe - if we were lucky - get a single (or a few) transmissions after many years of dedication. Now we often receive high-end transmissions just for walking through the door. (And I'm not just referring to teacher/s that I've mentioned here on TTBs; it's more wide spread.)

The problem, of course, is that we need to make up the middle-ground between

- where I am as a new student when I walk through that door

and

- the level of high-end transmission that I receive.

Call it "The Gap". To bridge that gap... That's a lot of very involved work, and tricky territory! And so we've all been searching, practicing, sorting through. That's what I've been doing, for about 3 decades now. I've been at it long enough that I know some of the things to look for.

... and that's why I've promoted Sifu Matsuo, DGS, here at TTBs. Really, really good methods. That do the right things. Really good tips about using those methods. And the methods are accessible... meaning, you don't have to be a vajra master to get the method to work for you. Do the method as described and it does the right thing, very effectively. Safely. Without the requirement of transmission, very effective very accessible methods.

Now, transmission might be available at DGS, if the relationship is developed. And I'm not discounting the role of transmission in a student's over-all path. I'm just saying that the DGS methods are startlingly effective and bridge "The Gap" more efficiently than anything I've seen before.

• Like 7

Very good advice.

All the six sensors can be reduced to one: the sensor to measure ecletrical current. (this is just a model, our creator may have more advanced technology, but this model explain well enough).

Vision: look at a digital camare, the light energy will eventually be measure by electrical current.

Hearing: microphone, the sound energy to electrical current.

Sense: pressure convert to electrical current.

Smell: Electronic nose.

Taste: Electronic tongue generate electric signals as potentiometric variations.

All the sense is basically the ability to measure electrical current.

It's the same principle as meditation: go back to the source, reverse the light, reduce to the essense, deconstruct self to the true self.

and the 5 thieves flow through the wiring of the 12 Cranial Nerves ;) I've focused a bunch on that aspect, its all about attenuating neural firings and the cascade of chains of resultant firings. Arrest the energy at the root (not the root chakra :D) - the more completely one is able to do so, the less potential there is for manifestation of thought-stream-energy.

"Arrest the energy at the root (not the root chakra :D) - the more completely one is able to do so, the less potential there is for manifestation of thought-stream-energy."

I've been wondering about this. For example, when I am meditating I often can 'feel/perceive' something just below the level at which it would become 'verbal thought'. And I figured, as long as I leave it at that level and do not start to 'recognize' any kind of language on the top of it, it will not become a thought. I've played with picking it out and dropping it again. The conclusion so far is that I am picking patterns out of stuff that's already there. Is this what you're referring to JB?

Edit: just thought - if I don't pick thoughts out of it, what happens, given it's 'there' anyway?

Edited by -K-

yes, the energy potential :)

think sympathetic resonance, place a box that resonates at say C, strike a string tuned to same and the box will resonate.

the arising potential if left to its own devices winds up having an outflow if "nothing constructive" is going on with it.

the nature of energy is transformation

but then consider something like a Shepard Tone,

transforming yet still appearing to stay still?

fix the awareness at the center,

that's a particular patten, to be cultivated

"the arising potential if left to its own devices winds up having an outflow if "nothing constructive" is going on with it"

Would you say more on this? I'm kind of tempted to say that at least picking the thoughts out of it (or one could write or paint or play music or whatever) at least gives one an opportunity to know what's rumbling (or singing, even :-)) and then if those thoughts (or actions) are not acted upon, then the whatever it was does not get to fruition. Also, you can (in theory?) choose whether to act or not on the thoughts etc picked out.

Blah blah blah;-)

the thought is a higher level function. basically the focus of awareness is harnessing that base-level energy before it manifests as thought. that's why focusing your awareness on the mechanisms of breath steals energetic potential that would otherwise manifest as thought stream energy. and the continued cultivation leads to the creating of a new path of least resistance for the abundance of energy, which is that calm clear still mind. the thoughtformenergy path is still there and always will be in the human makeup, but instead of a nice big pipe just to thoughtstreamenergy, divert some of that pipe to awareness, and the extra gets more readily converted to core processes (think JQS).

you basically have energetic potentials, what you do with them is up to you, but harnessing them in stillness is the first step towards cultivation of higher amplitude potentials.

• Like 5