Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

Qi and charisma

Hilsener tilbake! :D

Seems we're on to the same thing here. It seems like that is how it works.

We are not containers but conductors of energy. My teacher speaks about how we in the new born tate are quite whole, quite able to both contain and conduct energy with no interruption. There are no breaks or shadow in the body that hides or disrupts the body light and information. In the ideal state, man is an intermediary channel of heaven and earth energy; like a tree, or a stick figure.

It is quite difficult to get there, he says, due to the fact that we are like waning comets most of the time. Our light is dispersed, or our spirit is abit shattered everytime we inflict some trauma or reject or withold energy. So the light or spirit is more like the essential information. It is not dynamic like Qi, and not physical like Jing. It is like a laser or beam, and its effect and quality is instant. It is space, emptiness, and information at the same time.

Where the true or Yan qi is like a micro wave, and is also "primordial" in that it has no opposite, the light is felt with no intermission, it is there or not there, pure being, ever present light. We are just able or not able to infuse our bodily presence with it. Its a constant adjustment. But to the point where we are able to collect the light back into the physical body, we actually re-create life. It feels like we may prolong the basic life energy to live radically longer lives if we do this constantly.

h

I would very much like to meet your teacher (and you for that matter!)

One of the neigong exercises I've been practicing is tian-di-ren and I recently had an insight/experience very much like what you describe where I was able to reconcile tian with di with myself as conduit. Words are very weak but your description of Shen and Yan Qi are very interesting and also resonate with some of the work I'm doing.

Thanks for that insightful reply.

Yea I don't know either, one can not say that I have not given ZZ a good chance, as I've done it consistently for over a year now. Therefore I think I'm going to try the Yi Jin Jing form as taught by Dr. Yang for a while and see how that works for me. Dr. Yang says in both "Qigong for health and martial arts" and "Qigong the secret of youth" that the 12 form set of Yi Jin Jing builds a lot of Qi. If this is the case then that is definitely what I need to be doing. Dr. Yang also says in his book that the 12 forms of Yi Jin Jing were created by DaMo after he arrived at the Shaolin temple and saw all the monks were weak (kind of like me lol), and specifically made this form to remedy that. If that is the case then it sounds exactly like what I need. Has anyone had experience doing the 12 form Yi Jin Jing as taught by Dr. Yang?

If you have an opportunity to learn it, the Shiba Luohan Qigong set is very powerful. It's one that I practice. It can be practiced as a very hard, martial exercise, or a soft, yin, internal exercise. This set is also said to have been taught to the Shaolin monks. I'm not familiar with Yang Jwing Ming's set. Could it be related?

Hello dmattwads,

While I'm not familiar with Dr. Yang's version of Yi Jin Jing, I've worked some with the version taught by Jesse Tsao, and also with the book and DVD published by Singing Dragon (they are essentially the same). My experience of the form is that it is more along the lines of 8 Section Brocade...one that is good for stretching and opening the meridians, but maybe doesn't cultivate and build qi as much as some other forms.

I find these (8SB and YJJ) good to do near the beginning of a session, along with stuff like joint loosening exercises, bouncing and shaking, and silk reeling type exercises.

You asked about Primordial Qigong earlier. This is a fairly simple form that gathers qi from heaven and earth in four directions, said to be of Wudang origin. There are some threads about it one here that you could look up in the archives that recommend different resources to learn it from. I find this to be an effective practice for the qi building phase of a session. Some other ones that I like for this phase are the Golden Ball Exercise (very simple to do, on the very good Jerry Alan Johnson DVD); Pan Gu Shen Gong, and Fragrance Qigong.

You might also want to give spinal breathing pranayama (AYP) and breath of fire (Kundalini Yoga) a try as well. I've found both of them to be energizing and mood enhancing. Of course, get enough sleep, eat well, blah, blah, blah...good luck.

I would very much like to meet your teacher (and you for that matter!)

One of the neigong exercises I've been practicing is tian-di-ren and I recently had an insight/experience very much like what you describe where I was able to reconcile tian with di with myself as conduit. Words are very weak but your description of Shen and Yan Qi are very interesting and also resonate with some of the work I'm doing.

Thanks for that insightful reply.

Hopefully one of these days we will have a get-to-gether for old-timers here at TTB!

What's the Tian-di-ren practice like, or more spesifically what is the Di? I'm not really well versed in the overall terminology.

My experience of the form is that it is more along the lines of 8 Section Brocade...one that is good for stretching and opening the meridians, but maybe doesn't cultivate and build qi as much as some other forms.

I find these (8SB and YJJ) good to do near the beginning of a session, along with stuff like joint loosening exercises, bouncing and shaking, and silk reeling type exercises.

When I do a workshop we also do all those type of movements as warm up for the body before we do the more energetic forms.

OP: Why not give the Gift of the Tao movement form a try?. Most people feel the energetics right away. Try it (DVD) for 29 days and if you don't like it you can get your money back.

• Like 1

I know of a good teacher in Anchorage but not Fairbanks.

I see no problem with you continuing the 8 brocade pieces. They are a mild form of physical exercise that shouldn't interfere with other qigong or neigong practice.

My point is for you to find a teacher if you really want to learn this. If you are planning on finishing the TCM program and becoming a practitioner I highly suggest you learn medical qigong. You could do this concurrent with your existing TCM training.

Yea I think I'll keep the 8 brocades since I still want to have some kind of balancing practice in there. Though I am still curious as to the original intent of this thread which is how does your qi level affect ones interactions with other people? and how does simply the amount of qi someone has affect how they feel?

my energy level definitely influences my interaction with other people. there are some things that i noticed during the last years and especially during the last month (when my energy level was higher than usually):

when my energy level was high or higher than usually i had less conflicts with other people (family, colleagues and so on). it was easier to convince other people (at my place of work for example). cooperation with others was definitely easier. the relationship to my boss was very relaxed. was this the result of having more charisma? i think so.

on the other hand i experienced that interesting things happened when i had less energy than usually:

out of the blue i was criticized or attacked by others - often for some strange reasons. cooperation with others became more difficult. even communication became more difficult (more misunderstanding) to go with the flow was often difficult or impossible. was this the result of having less charisma? i think so.

while writing these words i notice how difficult it is to describe these subtle things which happen between me and others in all day life. anyway, i`m convinced of the fact that more qi leads to more charisma. and i think that there are special exercises which you can use to create more charisma.

Yea I think I'll keep the 8 brocades since I still want to have some kind of balancing practice in there. Though I am still curious as to the original intent of this thread which is how does your qi level affect ones interactions with other people? and how does simply the amount of qi someone has affect how they feel?

One's qi affects interactions with others in all aspects, affecting understanding of the interaction reality. Usually alongside qi development there is a corresponding virtue development. This most definitely effects our interaction with and understanding of others. By raising our energy body vibration we can see things from another viewpoint. Like the Windhorse concept - can't solve a problem on the level of the problem but by rising to another level before approaching the problem.

Also, there is, once a person cultivates to a certain point, a distinct magnetic induction effect. This helps raise others vibrations.

Affect how one feels. The difference is night and day. Vibrancy, less chance of illness, quicker recovery from illness. A certain understanding of the unknown. Instead of "I HAVE to take out the garbage, dang it!" it becomes "Oh boy, I GET to take out the garbage!"

• Like 1

As for Chi enhancing charisma, some people even translate Te (virtue) as charisma. I think this is because a lot of the Tao Te Ching and the I Ching speaks to how sincerity and calm repose can naturally attract people to you -- something which the many politicians of the day were concerned with. Sincerity and calm repose also allows for Chi to flow more strongly which can affect how people are drawn to you if you have been purifying your chi through spiritual exercise and are emitting a positive nourishing energy which effects the way you talk, the way you stand, the way you react to situations. This allows other people to feel the same way and so would naturally attract them to you. You project strength, love, gladness, appreciation of life. Who wouldn't want to join you in feeling that way?

On top of that, the Jing essence, transformed into transferable chi, is energy that enlivens people, so subtly they will feel good, even if they don't know why ^_^

Yea I guess so, cause I know two facts. One is that I often feel low on energy. Two is that I'm often out and about by myself, and even when I try to make friends it seems like everyone just wants to get away from me. Its kind of making me paranoid lately. Yet I see other people (who btw appear to be high energy types) with a bunch of pals around them.

when I try to make friends it seems like everyone just wants to get away from me.

Sounds like you got some cracks in your cup...some bad programming running.

Sounds like you got some cracks in your cup...some bad programming running.

Ok perhaps I was just having a bit of a pitty party lol...

• Like 1

I suspect that this is not really about "shaktipat" (what even is that ;) ), but is a result of what exactly was transmitted and how your energy body processed what was received.

If someone sends you orgasmic/blissful energy to your lower chakras and your energy body expresses that by putting it "out in the open", of course women will be sexually interested in you.

There are other kinds of shaktipat though, and other potential expressions of it in the receivers body.

Alright. It's about time for another "what is 'shaktipat'?' thread :) I still don't know what it is. I had some ideas a while back but they've sort of disappeared.

Anyway. back to Dmatt. And on topic :) Yeah, sounds like there's some stray unexamined ideas about 'pals' running. There's also a lot of ambient BS about that stuff too:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKP8nset6oA&feature=related

Today I went to see this psychic lol because this whole issue was really bugging me and I wanted some insight. Now the psychic was Catholic not Taoist, but what she said sort of brought to mind the other possibility that I had considered regarding my present situation. She said that the reason I was having a difficult time making friends and meeting people was simply because that's what this phase of my life is all about. What she said made me think of the other possibility I had been considering which is that its simply part of my Tao at this time to be somewhat isolated for the purpose of concentrating on myself, which is what she said too. According to her because I'm at this place in my life, no matter what I do I will not be able to get very close to others, and that working on myself was the reason for it. She also told me a lot of other stuff about myself that there was no way she could have known, so that added to her credibility considerably.

I pondered how that because this phase of my life is for the purpose of working on myself, not forming a lot of new relationships I was unable to make many friends no matter what I did. And then I pondered how deciding to follow Tao changes everything. She also told me that I was very different from most people. This caused me to consider that if one follows Tao their life does not seem to go like most people's. Other people get out of crappy relationships and almost immediately fall into another crappy rebound relationship. Yet I now do not seem to be able of doing even this lol. A few years ago when I had separated from my ex I did indeed fall into the whole rebound thing, and seemed to have no problem at all in getting involved with several relationships. Yet now no matter how hard I try it just does not happen. Though I suppose that since its for my greater good this is a good thing, but still a bit confusing to figure out.

I suppose it is like several of those girls I mentioned a few months back that I either just knew were not for me, or knew that they were not part of my Tao. So on that note I guess a good title for this thread could have also been something about how following Tao affects your "charisma" or ability to make relationships and/or friendships. I guess if its just not in your Tao or destiny its just not going to happen assuming you have decided to follow Tao or your highest spiritual path?

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" is a good book. When I was reading it and implementing the ideas, this girl who was totally out of my league asked me out. :lol:

Also, there is definitely something about energy/charisma/attraction...

Earlier in this year, I was going through quite a new energetic experience, and for a few weeks, anywhere I went, I randomly gave girls orgasms. Just by my presence. To be honest...it was amazingly awesome, although sort of embarassing at times. The key to world peace, maybe? Wish I knew how to recreate the experience!

I don't see charisma to exist as something tangible.

What is charisma? Is it the way someone dresses, or how they objectively appear?

I think the truth to lay in ones mindset or perspective.

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" is a good book. When I was reading it and implementing the ideas, this girl who was totally out of my league asked me out. :lol:

I see what your saying, but lets say that it was in your Tao or destiny that for X amount of time you were meant to be alone, and no matter what you did you could not trumph fate? Then do you think that doing that book or anything else would have any effect?

Nah, I don't believe in that. There may be periods of bad luck, but nothing is set in stone. We shape our fate by personal action.

There are other ideas on how to start bringing people into your life...personally I've been hanging out every few days at a cafe...the baristas get to know you a little, and you can have small talk. Join yoga and martial arts classes. Join a band if you play an instrument. Find meetup groups of various interests. Join dating sites (even though it sucks).

You're in Austin TX...that's big. Lots of people with various interests. Look for Taoists. Meditation groups? You could even start a basic class.

Anyway...it's not easy to make friends. But it can be easy to have a decent time with random people. It can be easy to start an activity where other people are involved. Those are the beginnings of friendships.

Edited by center

Alright. It's about time for another "what is 'shaktipat'?' thread :) I still don't know what it is. I had some ideas a while back but they've sort of disappeared.

Well, a little hijacking isn't so bad.

Here is a podcast where Mark Griffin talks about "What is Shaktipat", if you are interested.

http://www.hardlight.org/podcast/070726whatisShaktipat.mp3

The most general definition of Shaktipat in my jargon is the transmission of the energy associated with spiritual awakening. Which is distinguished from energy associated with healing, and all the other types of energy projections/transmission that can occur.

When Tao taught the the KAP review class about Shaktipat, he said that anyone who has awakened kundalini can intend to send kundalini energy to someone else. But I think that traditionally, Shaktipat specifically has a quality of attuning someone to higher states of consciousness and/or higher forms of energy, that the recipient will consequently have access to. So the question is, just what energies and states of consciousness are being transmitted? That depends very crucially on the development of the transmitter.

Just my take on things that I don't really understand.

Edited by Creation

Nah, I don't believe in that. There may be periods of bad luck, but nothing is set in stone. We shape our fate by personal action.

There are other ideas on how to start bringing people into your life...personally I've been hanging out every few days at a cafe...the baristas get to know you a little, and you can have small talk. Join yoga and martial arts classes. Join a band if you play an instrument. Find meetup groups of various interests. Join dating sites (even though it sucks).

You're in Austin TX...that's big. Lots of people with various interests. Look for Taoists. Meditation groups? You could even start a basic class.

Anyway...it's not easy to make friends. But it can be easy to have a decent time with random people. It can be easy to start an activity where other people are involved. Those are the beginnings of friendships.

Pretty much am doing all that stuff you listed

Today I went to see this psychic lol because this whole issue was really bugging me and I wanted some insight. Now the psychic was Catholic not Taoist, but what she said sort of brought to mind the other possibility that I had considered regarding my present situation. She said that the reason I was having a difficult time making friends and meeting people was simply because that's what this phase of my life is all about.

I know that when I get stuck in situations like that... it's usually that I have a lesson to learn.

Once I learn and accept where I'm at(ie, stop resisting) I start to enjoy where I'm at, or I make a change that has me enjoy it.

Afterwards though everyone wants to be around me and the like... because people want to be around people that are happy.. it feels good.

Ie, once you are happy alone and living your OWN life then you can be happy adding others and with others.

But not until.

Everybody else is bonus...

John

• Like 2

I know that when I get stuck in situations like that... it's usually that I have a lesson to learn.

Once I learn and accept where I'm at(ie, stop resisting) I start to enjoy where I'm at, or I make a change that has me enjoy it.

Afterwards though everyone wants to be around me and the like... because people want to be around people that are happy.. it feels good.

Ie, once you are happy alone and living your OWN life then you can be happy adding others and with others.

But not until.

Everybody else is bonus...

John

Yea I agree with you, its just a matter of getting there. Once BIG realization I just came to was that I was that in all my healing sounds I had somehow totally skipped over the Triple Warmer / Pericardium healing sound. Today in the library of my TCM school I was reading that the Triple warmer and Pericardium are the most responsible for intimacy, and relationships of any meridians. I believe this might explain why when it came to this issue I was not having sucess in finding the meridian to deal with as I had in other cases. All this time I had been doing all this work and skipping this, and this I believe is whats causing me my grief.

Sign in to follow this