RongzomFan

The Highest Psychic Power

That's great, thanks. do you know what this one means:

6. The siddhi of the subjugation of the Yaksas. ?

some sort of non-physical beings

I know the divya caksus is obtained in the fourth jhana, which I believe is the trance state. I really don't know more about the divya caksus than that.

which one of those is the trance state? and any chance someone can explain what the other one means in English?

You do use breath a lot to do this stuff. I did not give all the details, because I assume you are going to look in Robert Bruce's books for that.

Which book of his are you referring to please?

Concerning powers (In Taoism they are called SPECIAL ABILITIES) being traps, think of them instead as tests. If you get trapped you failed the test, it works incredibly well as a weeding method.

For me though, instead of thinking of them as traps and failures I see them more as being like detours and sightseeing trips, along with a whole bunch of learnin'. You get to retake the test. Edit: well some may not survive a test and so no retakes for them.

ALSO, powers greatly raise the stakes in the game of ethics, the biggest game in town, making for more learnin' there too; bigger good is possible, but bigger mistakes too.

Edited by Starjumper7
  • Like 1

ALSO, powers greatly raise the stakes in the game of ethics, the biggest game in town, making for more learnin' there too; bigger good is possible, but bigger mistakes too.

This is mostly how I have viewed them as well.

It's easy to say, "I would never use powers for personal gain" if you never actually have them.

The REAL test is if you DO have powers which you could use for personal gain, the kind of powers where you could do something and no one would ever even suspect it was you. Would you use them? Or stick to your morals? Would you find that it is entirely different than how you thought?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Special abilities develop in the majority over time in just about ever system. Just do what vibes you and it then just comes down to practice.

Special abilities develop in the majority over time in just about ever system. Just do what vibes you and it then just comes down to practice.

I was trying to show people that everyone already has these abilities.

If you are a human with 7 chakras that is

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profits me nothing.

I Corinthians 13, Christian Bible

We have all the siddis as potential inside of us. We can choose to cultivate them but they are like a circus or a playground on the side of the road. Just don't get stuck there. Many do.

Is love the highest psychic power? We all have the capacity to manifest for it lives inside all of us. More seem to be interested in cultivating siddis than love.

Susan

• Like 4

How is love mutually exclusive with siddhis?

They can't be separated, well, you can have love without siddhis, but can't have siddhis without love, except for maybe really wimpy ones. Wimpy siddhis? better than none at all.

Is love the highest psychic power? We all have the capacity to manifest for it lives inside all of us. More seem to be interested in cultivating siddis than love.

Susan

Many people out there who love and are powerless.

The divine song that never ends yet is always new and forever unbreakable is the true power;

She uses forms but no form can hold her...

Yes, all children.

Seeing all the ways in which children are variously abused or taken advantage of, it's no wonder people would rather cultivate various forms of power/abilities than love.

But as alwayson pointed out, that's not to say that abilities and love are mutually exclusive.

Here is the direct quote from Astral Dynamics Revised Edition by Robert Bruce:

"The vision screen is another possible side effect of primary-center and OBE work, particularly where the brow and crown centres are more developed than usual. This is an advanced-energy phenomenon. It relates to kundalini, clairvoyance, OBE and remote viewing. This can occur independent of any other phenomenon. The first indication of the vision screen appearing will be increased brow-center activity, with an accelerating throbbing sensation. The vision screen then appears amidst a spectacular mind's-eye light show.

If this ever happens, do not panic. Relax, stay focused, and just let it happen. Keep raising energy to feed your brow center. Once the vision screen forms, it looks like an oval mirror of dense smoke hanging before you, about 18 inches by 12 inches, at arm's length. This can also manifest as something like a computer monitor. Focus on its cloudy surface and a stream of brilliant visions will soon appear.

You can control the subject matter with intent, using silent affirmations and commands. Think on something and it will appear. You can look into the past, present, or future by changing your intent. Do not speak aloud, or you will break your relaxed state. It takes a lot of energy to maintain a vision screen. The focus of your eyes as well as the focus of your mind will affect this.

Once the vision screen forms, it can be used as a portal for OBE. Focus on a place that you know and it will appear on the vision screen. Feel and intend yourself moving into this vision. You will achieve a smooth OBE with no exit sensations and will just find yourself at the target in your projected double. You can explore the target and then return to the vision screen through an act of will and intention. If the vision screen is still active, you can repeat the process and travel elsewhere. Once mastered, the vision screen is like a magic carpet. It is the ultimate OBE tool. However, manifesting the vision screen for any useful length of time takes strong flow of energy."

The ironic thing is that a lot of the information about the vision screen is in Robert's online posts, so thats what I tried to achieve with the first post...a collection of information as I understand it.

Edited by alwayson

The first indication of the vision screen appearing will be increased brow-center activity, with an accelerating throbbing sensation. The vision screen then appears amidst a spectacular mind's-eye light show.

If this ever happens, do not panic. Relax, stay focused, and just let it happen. Keep raising energy to feed your brow center. Once the vision screen forms, it looks like an oval mirror of dense smoke hanging before you

THAT is vision screen? Who made up that silly name? I thought it would be something more special than that.

Focus on its cloudy surface and a stream of brilliant visions will soon appear.

I don't see brilliant visions, I see faces of people and ... beings ... that come to me. Just before it started happening my teacher told me to ignore them, so that's what I do, don't really care much about when the 'screen' shows up, or who shows up on it, except for a couple of times ~shudddder~ , and another time ~awe~ :ph34r:

Anyway, It just doesn't seem so advanced to me because it started happening after less than two years with my nei kung teacher, and there was a lot more after that.

But maybe it is advanced.

I suppose it's nice to know that these things have been described ... but for some people what was wordless and pristine and natural before was put into the narrow confines of words, with some embellishment here and there for theatric effect, of course.

Edited by Starjumper7

... you can have love without siddhis, but can't have siddhis without love, except for maybe really wimpy ones. Wimpy siddhis? better than none at all.

IMO it is true that the talents one has will never progress without the love vibration. What I have seen is that everyone has natural talents and with the practice of energetics that raise the energy body vibration, these talents become usable/recognizable. Also, each person has particular dominant talents. What is dominant in one person is not the same as what is dominant in another. Usually there is a crossover, though. In other words, person A may be able to see into the "future" REALLY well. Person B man be able to manipulate energy at a high level. But that doesn't mean person A can't manipulate energy at all or that person B can't "see" at all. These talents do tend to either not develop at all, cease being available, or diminish without true LOVE. I have seen this happen.

Best to not be concerned with it as with a practice that does raise the energy body vibration, it will happen whether one wishes for it or not. The desire to have these talents really doesn't enter the equation except possibly as greed; this would diminish the Love vibration and inhibit the development.

• Like 4

The way I see it is that such "talents" are naturally "innate" within people and over time and (mis) handling have been "lost" (or misplaced, or denied, or left to wither).

Ya Mu, what (in your experience) is LOVE? And why would this incredibly vague term (unless accompanied by an actual, singular, correspondance) be key to opening up so much of our (human) potential?

In other words, if humans have it innate, seems to me they'd have to remove, rather than add to "get there".

Psychic powers kind of suck in my opinion. Love is waaaaay better!

Telepathy is probably one of the most annoying and possibly the most poisoning for the mind of a practitioner. But, if you are not a practitioner and not interested in love, peace and happiness, then telepathy might help you get a lot of the mundane things people in our society generally want.

Anyway... I'd go for love over all psychic powers.

The way I see it is that such "talents" are naturally "innate" within people and over time and (mis) handling have been "lost" (or misplaced, or denied, or left to wither).

Ya Mu, what (in your experience) is LOVE? And why would this incredibly vague term (unless accompanied by an actual, singular, correspondance) be key to opening up so much of our (human) potential?

In other words, if humans have it innate, seems to me they'd have to remove, rather than add to "get there".

"In other words, if humans have it innate, seems to me they'd have to remove, rather than add to "get there"."

Very good point.

What we have to remove or "burn through" as I put it, is the many filters we have established since we were born. The way that I know to do this is to practice High Level qigong, practice Virtue and compassion, and practice what I call "Listening". I am going to talk much more about the "Listening" in my upcoming book (2011 scheduled release). So no matter how one looks at it, whether from the viewpoint of awakening or the viewpoint of removal, it is the same thing. Regardless, this involves the raising of the energy body vibration.

The LOVE I am referring to is not emotional love but universal who-you-really-are love, from the true heart. Recognition is key because it is an inherent part of the who-you-really-are.

a couple of years ago when all this stuff was new to me, I was a bit obsessed with John Chang's video and as much as I didn't want to admit it, I really wanted powers like he had.

Here's why...

1. because then I could show off to my friends and they would be like, "HOLY SHIT!" and then worship me.

2. I could show women and cause them to be in awe over my mystical power which in turn would cause them to want to have sex with me.

3. I'd feel better about myself because CLEARLY I would be better than all those good-looking, rich assholes who think they're better than me.

And then I had this crazy dream where I actually HAD the powers. In the dream I saved the president of the United States by creating a wall of QI around my back and then I leapt in front of the president's podium just as an assassin's bullet was about to strike him. Yes, my friends, I saved the president's life by using my qigong powers.

And also in the dream was this girl I was digging at the time. She was in my Reiki class but I didn't get a chance to ask her out cuz she didn't take Reiki 3(or i'm a wimp. take ur pick). Anyways in the dream she saw what I did and was like, "wow, you're hot." and I was like, "yeah, that's right, hunny." and she was all into me. Then suddenly the dream went fast-forward and in the future I came to realize that she didn't really like me for me, she just liked me for my powers!

And even the people I'd helped, like the president and even some of my friends were there too, and they were all jealous and secretly hated me because I was flaunting my powers and acting like a dick, and of course because I was so intoxicated with power I didn't even realize how much of a dick I was acting like. And then I woke up feeling really crappy about myself. After that I stopped desiring powers - period. After the dream they seemed like cheap parlor tricks to me, but I now realize that they are what they are but it is my intentions behind the use of those powers that cause them to appear that way.

My final words of wisdom is this: even though i have no powers, I feel like I have had them and having felt like I'd had them I can reassure you that they're overrated and the glory we think we'll experience will backfire by the very projection of desiring a glorious display of power. Why? Because people don't wanna feel like you're better than them! Booyah!

• Like 2

a couple of years ago when all this stuff was new to me, I was a bit obsessed with John Chang's video and as much as I didn't want to admit it, I really wanted powers like he had.

Here's why...

1. because then I could show off to my friends and they would be like, "HOLY SHIT!" and then worship me.

2. I could show women and cause them to be in awe over my mystical power which in turn would cause them to want to have sex with me.

3. I'd feel better about myself because CLEARLY I would be better than all those good-looking, rich assholes who think they're better than me.

And then I had this crazy dream where I actually HAD the powers. In the dream I saved the president of the United States by creating a wall of QI around my back and then I leapt in front of the president's podium just as an assassin's bullet was about to strike him. Yes, my friends, I saved the president's life by using my qigong powers.

And also in the dream was this girl I was digging at the time. She was in my Reiki class but I didn't get a chance to ask her out cuz she didn't take Reiki 3(or i'm a wimp. take ur pick). Anyways in the dream she saw what I did and was like, "wow, you're hot." and I was like, "yeah, that's right, hunny." and she was all into me. Then suddenly the dream went fast-forward and in the future I came to realize that she didn't really like me for me, she just liked me for my powers!

And even the people I'd helped, like the president and even some of my friends were there too, and they were all jealous and secretly hated me because I was flaunting my powers and acting like a dick, and of course because I was so intoxicated with power I didn't even realize how much of a dick I was acting like. And then I woke up feeling really crappy about myself. After that I stopped desiring powers - period. After the dream they seemed like cheap parlor tricks to me, but I now realize that they are what they are but it is my intentions behind the use of those powers that cause them to appear that way.

My final words of wisdom is this: even though i have no powers, I feel like I have had them and having felt like I'd had them I can reassure you that they're overrated and the glory we think we'll experience will backfire by the very projection of desiring a glorious display of power. Why? Because people don't wanna feel like you're better than them! Booyah!

And what happens if, like martial arts, you do not seek them to show off or domineer over others, but so that, in situations like your dream president example, you can act and know that those who you want to protect will safely be protected?

Just because someone might take powers, or martial arts ability, and abuse them, does not mean they are without merit in and of themselves, or that one should not seek them because they can be abused.

I must again refer to a film that I find to be a powerful example of the point I'm trying to make, The Counte of Monte Cristo (2002 Film). The man's only crimes were that he was content with his life (he had always been poor), he met with recent success (was a trustworthy sailor and got promoted to captain over his first mate), and was loved by a childhood sweetheart. His colleagues and even best friends, wracked with jealousy, hatched a plot that he was powerless to stop.

It was only after he became educated (gaining mental superiority), and learned to fight (gaining physical superiority) that he was able to win in the end. (the film takes a slightly different turn than the original novels did, but anyway)

My point remains that humility is good. Non-violence is good. But what happens when you are targeted BECAUSE of that? I think there is nothing wrong with having "power" to protect yourself (and others) against that.

Now you might choose to use it defensively or go off and seek revenge or use it to show off and gain social status and all sorts of other stuff, but that's up to you. The powers, in and of themselves, aren't inherently not worth it because of the actions individuals take to have it.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Anyway, It just doesn't seem so advanced to me because it started happening after less than two years with my nei kung teacher, and there was a lot more after that.

But maybe it is advanced.

I suppose a better way to put it is that I figured that if it took me two years to see 'vision screen' that most everyone else could do it in a few weeks or months. Is that not the case?

I've read many posts by people here who have all these outlandish visions. Seeing faces every once in a while doesn't seem like much compared to that.

Maybe if I tried to see things I would see more, but I prefer to remain blank and feel the Force. I get enough info when I want it anyway, which is not usually.

edited to add missing: vision screen :rolleyes:

Edited by Starjumper7