RongzomFan

The Highest Psychic Power

I edited my thread starting post to make the info more accurate in case anyone is curious.

Edited by alwayson

a couple of years ago when all this stuff was new to me, I was a bit obsessed with John Chang's video and as much as I didn't want to admit it, I really wanted powers like he had.

Here's why...

1. because then I could show off to my friends and they would be like, "HOLY SHIT!" and then worship me.

2. I could show women and cause them to be in awe over my mystical power which in turn would cause them to want to have sex with me.

3. I'd feel better about myself because CLEARLY I would be better than all those good-looking, rich assholes who think they're better than me.

And then I had this crazy dream where I actually HAD the powers. In the dream I saved the president of the United States by creating a wall of QI around my back and then I leapt in front of the president's podium just as an assassin's bullet was about to strike him. Yes, my friends, I saved the president's life by using my qigong powers.

And also in the dream was this girl I was digging at the time. She was in my Reiki class but I didn't get a chance to ask her out cuz she didn't take Reiki 3(or i'm a wimp. take ur pick). Anyways in the dream she saw what I did and was like, "wow, you're hot." and I was like, "yeah, that's right, hunny." and she was all into me. Then suddenly the dream went fast-forward and in the future I came to realize that she didn't really like me for me, she just liked me for my powers!

And even the people I'd helped, like the president and even some of my friends were there too, and they were all jealous and secretly hated me because I was flaunting my powers and acting like a dick, and of course because I was so intoxicated with power I didn't even realize how much of a dick I was acting like. And then I woke up feeling really crappy about myself. After that I stopped desiring powers - period. After the dream they seemed like cheap parlor tricks to me, but I now realize that they are what they are but it is my intentions behind the use of those powers that cause them to appear that way.

My final words of wisdom is this: even though i have no powers, I feel like I have had them and having felt like I'd had them I can reassure you that they're overrated and the glory we think we'll experience will backfire by the very projection of desiring a glorious display of power. Why? Because people don't wanna feel like you're better than them! Booyah!

EXCELLENT point!! Self-inquiry helps us discover what it is we really seek..

It's often not powers that we actually seek...but self-esteem.

And perhaps it's not self-esteem that we really seek...but...liberation from our illusive self?

So, I think you are right about intent, here. Because that reveals what you are really after. And attaining any kind of mere proxy for that will still leave you ultimately unsatisfied and constantly craving more like a junkie..

That's why Buddhism states that feeding the craving never satisfies you. Only ending the craving can satisfy you. And only ending "you" can ultimately do that. :D

Edited by vortex