mewtwo

alien religions?

So... are you looking for some egalitarian aliens?:)

Well, we get who we get...

Interesting point. However, the elitists that are selected have never been impressive to me. All teachings are corrupted rather quickly. Obviously these aliens are making very poor choices. I believe that says something about who they really are.

My point is, are these alien teachers real or not? I maintain this falls in the venue of myth.

ralis

Edited by ralis

Buddhism: Nagas

Buddhism has plenty of aliens in it, especially in the more esoteric or Tantric traditions. Even though mostly Buddhism just talks about an individuals attainment regardless of the planet of origin, or dimension of living. But plenty of Bodhisattvas and Buddhas have been named originating from other planets or dimensions.

The Zulu "pope," Credo Mutwa, the official guardian of the shamanic knowledge of all tribes of the area, has much to say about aliens -- he asserts his people have had knowledge of these visitors for thousands of years and are still visited today.

Indeed! My mom read his Autobiography I think? Or no... I think it was this one... Zulu Shaman: Dreams, Prophecies, and Mysteries. She talked about some of the things he wrote about in terms of Aliens and such.

Taoists attribute all they know and do to the teachings of the Sons of Reflected Light who visited their country some 10 to 15 thousand years ago.

Hmmm. :) Interesting.

So... are you looking for some egalitarian aliens?:)

Well, we get who we get...

I am not used to settling for second best.

ralis

I think I've seen such a thing, a few of them in fact reaching into my body causing lots of tension which woke me up and as I came out of sleep I could see them in between the dimension of sleep and wakefulness. They were not of this vibration but I could feel them and see them except when I came fully awake they were not there and I did an energy wash of my body with my hands with reiki and the tension went away and I felt like they were gone. I've only had this particular thing happen once. I don't really know what was going on so I couldn't elaborate on any real theories other than they were screwing with my organs energetically, they were black and kind of like your daughter described them, with only eyes and nose I think.

Hi there,

Sorry it took me so long. I'm learning my way around here slowly but surely...lol But yes I have heard of that happening to a person, this guy that was suffering from some kind of attack. Said something reached inside him and grabbed hid heart, can you imagine that is just awful. I am sorry you got such a scary rude awakening to. I have heard lots of people talk about these watchers. I wonder what they are up to, besides the obvious. Now someone earlier was talking "Nephilium" sorry for the misspell but also known as "fallen Angel" I think these and watchers are mistaken for aliens some of the time. Now thats not to say there isn't something else out there to. This ol world is something else. And we could never quit learning... Mel

Hello, coming to this discussion a bit late but...

I have had a quite a few visits from different beings over the years. For instance I had a group of greys visit me in 1997/98 (last year of school, needless to say I got shit grades). Almost a sexual incounter with a female alien being, insect beings, nordic types, currently dealing with a shamanic form thats effects include visits from Asian people who can shape shift into preying mantis beings..

Very intersted in the depections of some of the ruling elite in Eygpt such as Akhenaten and others rulers with elogated skulls. Don't have clue what it all means but I have a feeling the true history of our species is far more complicated than any of us can imagine.

Perhaps we are in quarantine on this planet. There are still so many un-knowns.

I think I've seen such a thing, a few of them in fact reaching into my body causing lots of tension which woke me up and as I came out of sleep I could see them in between the dimension of sleep and wakefulness. They were not of this vibration but I could feel them and see them except when I came fully awake they were not there and I did an energy wash of my body with my hands with reiki and the tension went away and I felt like they were gone. I've only had this particular thing happen once. I don't really know what was going on so I couldn't elaborate on any real theories other than they were screwing with my organs energetically, they were black and kind of like your daughter described them, with only eyes and nose I think.

Hi Vajra and Mel.

I used to feel presences in my room a lot at night. One time, in a dream I was praying with great fervor, and I woke up and felt something very powerful and benevolent behind me. It felt like it was reaching into my back and messing around in there.

At some point in the future, I noticed two very deep scars on my lower back, the kind you would get from a surgical incision. Dark red, raised, several inches long. But I have never had surgery...

I always wondered if these two events were related, because I have no other explanation of the scars.

By the way,

Welcome to the forum Mel. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Edited by Creation

---MODERATOR"S NOTE

Um... Ralis... no, it's the other way around: if you cause enough complaints from and aggravation for other members, as you already have, it's you who will have to take a break from participating. Your tone is too harsh, and the thin-skinned and sensitive are our most valued members, so don't even think of alienating them with impunity. Besides, didn't we ask you to put Vaj on your 'ignore' list so we don't have to deal with the vendetta anymore? Didn't you get warned that dropping this vendetta (and not starting any new ones, incidentally) is the only way you will avoid being suspended? Do lend me your ear now and please post with respect for other members regardless of whether you agree with them or not. You are intelligent enough to find a way provided there's a will.

--Sword of Tao half sheathed

If you would be so kind and provide me with specifics, I would appreciate it. Precisely, where have I been too harsh? Have I ever personally attacked anyone? As far as I know, I only critique what someone writes. What constitutes a valued member? Further, if I state a controversial opinion without attacking someone's person and someone complains, then who is at fault?

What criteria are you using to evaluate what someone writes? Are the criteria based on emotion or reason? Do the moderators have some personal biases in regards to certain opinions? If someone complains, how is their complaint evaluated as opposed to an opinion being stated by anyone participating here? Is it for the very reason that certain participants here can't handle a critique of their personal ideology?

If controversial opinions are not welcome here, then what is the purpose of this forum? Censorship of opinions and ideas? If censorship, then we all know where that leads to.

I feel as if the moderators guidelines are not clear and from what I gather the guidelines are still a work in progress. In fact, the founder stated very few guidelines which included the caveat of no personal attacks. Further, asking me to put someone on ignore, seems like censorship of opinions and ideas.

I would appreciate answers to the above, for all to see.

Here is what Sean has to say about this matter.

"No personal insults.

It is totally fine to vocally disagree with a person's opinion, technique, politics, approach, lifestyle choice, etc.

But no insulting (or links to attacks) of individuals, nationalities, genders, political preferences, lifestyle choices, etc."

I believe I have followed these guidelines.

ralis

Edited by ralis

If you would be so kind and provide me with specifics, I would appreciate it. Precisely, where have I been too harsh? Have I ever personally attacked anyone? As far as I know, I only critique what someone writes. What constitutes a valued member? Further, if I state a controversial opinion without attacking someone's person and someone complains, then who is at fault?

What criteria are you using to evaluate what someone writes? Are the criteria based on emotion or reason? Do the moderators have some personal biases in regards to certain opinions? If someone complains, how is their complaint evaluated as opposed to an opinion being stated by anyone participating here? Is it for the very reason that certain participants here can't handle a critique of their personal ideology?

If controversial opinions are not welcome here, then what is the purpose of this forum? Censorship of opinions and ideas? If censorship, then we all know where that leads to.

I feel as if the moderators guidelines are not clear and from what I gather the guidelines are still a work in progress. In fact, the founder stated very few guidelines which included the caveat of no personal attacks. Further, asking me to put someone on ignore, seems like censorship of opinions and ideas.

I would appreciate answers to the above, for all to see.

Here is what Sean has to say about this matter.

"No personal insults.

It is totally fine to vocally disagree with a person's opinion, technique, politics, approach, lifestyle choice, etc.

But no insulting (or links to attacks) of individuals, nationalities, genders, political preferences, lifestyle choices, etc."

I believe I have followed these guidelines.

ralis

I agree with Ralis and disagree with Taomew's moderation. I don't see how and when Ralis made any personal insulting attacks. His arguments are / have been directed to the ideas, not persons.

---MODERATOR"S NOTE

Um... Ralis... no, it's the other way around: if you cause enough complaints from and aggravation for other members, as you already have, it's you who will have to take a break from participating. Your tone is too harsh, and the thin-skinned and sensitive are our most valued members, so don't even think of alienating them with impunity. Besides, didn't we ask you to put Vaj on your 'ignore' list so we don't have to deal with the vendetta anymore? Didn't you get warned that dropping this vendetta (and not starting any new ones, incidentally) is the only way you will avoid being suspended? Do lend me your ear now and please post with respect for other members regardless of whether you agree with them or not. You are intelligent enough to find a way provided there's a will.

One could also say that Vajrahridaya has certainly generated complaints and plenty of aggravation here. That is no criteria for suspending someone. Please stick to the insult policy Taomeow, you can't reign in ralis for taking Vajrahridaya to task on his postings. He's not insulting his character, but rather Vajra's rather insistent position of being right and in posession of the true way. I find it disturbing that you are basically insisting that ralis put Vajra on ignore. Vajra posts here a lot, and he has refused to back down on the superiority of his path and his meditative realizations. Ralis doesn't have a vendetta, nor do I, Vajra simply is obnoxious in many of his posts here, and anybody should be able to call him out. If other members find it annoying, then they can put ralis on ignore. And for all Vajra's spiritual attainment, he is unable to let anything slide by him, he always has to respond with a bunch of 'you' statements about the other person. If Vajra would either respond to the criticisms which he conveniently sidesteps, or simply let them go by, much of this would be avoided.

TaoBums is a pretty raucous place, with some very spirited debates. To step in and attempt to moderate this outside of the insult policy is censorship. Opposition does not always feel comfortable, and the valued "thin skinned and sensitive" members need to realize this. I also don't think Vajra is "alienated", he just doesn't like opposition, but it sure hasn't stopped him. We have free speech here outside of personal insults, it would be a serious mistake to ban ralis, or anyone else for "alienating" members with his positions on topics. I basically am now letting most of Vajra's stuff go by, because opposing him is pointless. Despite his claim that he admits when he has been wrong "many times", in actuality I recall only once when he has done that here on TaoBums.

I appreciate the difficulty in being a moderator, it can't be easy. Please discuss this with other moderators to reconsider your position on the censorship that you are proposing. Usually it's better to be more on the side of freedom of expression rather than suppression, otherwise there is a chilling effect on the discussions.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Hello, coming to this discussion a bit late but...

I have had a quite a few visits from different beings over the years. For instance I had a group of greys visit me in 1997/98 (last year of school, needless to say I got shit grades). Almost a sexual incounter with a female alien being, insect beings, nordic types, currently dealing with a shamanic form thats effects include visits from Asian people who can shape shift into preying mantis beings..

Very interested in the depictions of some of the ruling elite in Eygpt such as Akhenaten and others rulers with elogated skulls. Don't have clue what it all means but I have a feeling the true history of our species is far more complicated than any of us can imagine.

Perhaps we are in quarantine on this planet. There are still so many un-knowns.

Wow, this always blows me away when a long time member who has posted hardly at all weighs in on a discussion. ben has been a member since 2005 and has only posted 13 times?! Wow. Very cool! :)

Very intersted in the depections of some of the ruling elite in Eygpt such as Akhenaten and others rulers with elogated skulls.

In a meditation I saw this man with an elongated skull while I was a huge giant helping build the first Pyramid. The man was communicating with me telepathically, giving me orders, but there was lots of love involved. I just remember really loving energy between us. This experience made me start to look into this stuff and apparently there were giants in Egypt and now you are telling me that the man with the elongated skull was a ruling elite in Egypt? He looked like some high class dude, he was giving me orders and I was 3 times his size, huge.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

OK, a quick response for now and we can open a new thread on the subject of moderation if it proves not enough:

1. A moderator's note is different from suspension and a suspension is different from a ban. It has been agreed between moderators that any moderator will post a warning, openly or in a PM, at his or her personal discretion, ditto with short term suspensions (hours, days). This, to expedite our work -- the forum is huge and complaints, reports, or other issues brought to mods' attention are often a daily offering. It is my personal preference to post my warnings openly. The goal is to inform not only the member who is getting a mod's note but everybody else that we do not have any use for a rule of secrecy.

2. If a long term suspension is considered, the mods will discuss it prior to the action and act upon reaching consensus. As for bans, they are exceedingly rare and, with perhaps two exceptions in the whole history of the forum, are reserved for spammers and impersonators of other people under real names not belonging to the poster.

3. The same day I posted a warning to Ralis, I sent two PMs in response to complaints and requests for moderation from members, telling them that we can't moderate dissent, disagreement, intent, thoughts and feelings.

4. Sean's position in the past year has been, consistently, to make a forum a much friendlier place for people who have valuable discussion to contribute yet don't care to be targets of incessant bickering, harshness, hostility, rudeness and disrespect. In the discussion at hand, after Sunya complained of precisely such behavior on the part of Ralis, he told her "stop the drama" and "don't participate if you're too thin-skinned and sensitive." My intervention at this point confirmed Sunya's and everyone else's RIGHT to be "thin-skinned and sensitive" and the absence of Ralis's or any non-moderator's and non-owner's right to decide who will and who won't participate in a discussion.

5. The suggestion of "ignore" list was the outcome of multiple prior exchanges between Ralis and Vaj that inundated the mod squad with reports, complaints, and finger-pointing involving both parties. Since the vendetta was unfolding on a number of occasions derailing a number of threads, the mods suggested this choice to both participants as a very benevolent solution to the problem. Vaj agreed (though by now he seems to have changed his mind), Ralis argued, the mods insisted, the current exchange in this thread between the two was a bad case of deja vu -- so I reminded Ralis that we've already "been there done that" and it may have resulted in a suspension (don't remember, I wasn't the one handling the prior vendetta), giving him a chance to avoid a repeat performance.

6. No more time for this right now, if I haven't been clear or reasonable with my explanation, let's resume in a separate thread. Thanks everyone for the input, I watch myself as carefully as I watch others, at the very least, and don't claim infallibility.

Exactly, what do you mean by this?

ralis

Exactly, what do you mean by this?

ralis

A metaphor. If you look under my avatar, it says "The Sword of Tao." Stig has "janitor" under his, so he would use a broom or a mop.:lol:

"stop the drama" and "don't participate if you're too thin-skinned and sensitive."

I agree we can put this on a separate thread. However, you quoted me out of context. This is what I said:

"This is a public forum and if you are too thin skinned and too sensitive, then don't participate." Notice that I used the term (if) that allows Sunya to decide what is or is not appropriate for him. I could have used "if and only if" to be more precise. However I did not.

Also the reason for the drama statement is that he stated:

"That's your opinion. Frankly, and I'm sure many others agree with me here, I wish you would keep your opinions to yourself. This forum isn't your therapeutic playground where you can work out your issues by expressing all your projections onto others, so stop treating it like that. I rarely even go to this forum anymore because most threads are filled with your opinionated, argumentative, and bitter posts. You only post to tell people how wrong and stupid they are, so why bother? What benefit do you receive in coming here? "

In my opinion that was drama which had numerous and untenable accusations foisted on me.

ralis

Edited by ralis

In a meditation I saw this man with an elongated skull while I was a huge giant helping build the first Pyramid. The man was communicating with me telepathically, giving me orders, but there was lots of love involved. I just remember really loving energy between us. This experience made me start to look into this stuff and apparently there were giants in Egypt and now you are telling me that the man with the elongated skull was a ruling elite in Egypt? He looked like some high class dude, he was giving me orders and I was 3 times his size, huge.

Vaj,

I have been trying to resist commenting on this but I can't. The 'first' pyramid was the Step Pyramid of King Djoser (Zoser) built by Imhotep in 2nd Dynasty i.e. roughly 2700 BC (give or take a few decades). It was a development of the earlier mastaba tombs. Imhotep was later deified and identified with Aesclypius (sp?) by the Greeks i.e. a god of healing linked to Thoth/Ptah.

Akhenaton lived near the end of the 18th Dynasty i.e around 1300 BC. He and his family are portrayed as having odd shaped heads but what he is most remembered for is the introduction of a form of monotheism into Egypt and an attempt to eradicate the traditional religion which had been practiced since time immemorial. The reason moderns love him is because they are desperate to see similarities to Judeo/Christian thought in Egypt and are somewhat frustrated by its polytheism and also magical approach to spirituality. After Akhenatons death the traditional religion was restored (by Tutankhamun and those that followed after).

If he was an alien then it would I suppose provide some kind of explanation for why he acted as he did - but just being a monotheistic zealot is enough of an explanation for me.

So there are 1400 years separating the pyramids and the cult of the Aton.

Where did you get the giant thing from? Some gods are described as being very large but I don't recall anything about giants (as in very big men) in any texts that I have seen.

?

OK, a quick response for now and we can open a new thread on the subject of moderation if it proves not enough:

1. A moderator's note is different from suspension and a suspension is different from a ban. It has been agreed between moderators that any moderator will post a warning, openly or in a PM, at his or her personal discretion, ditto with short term suspensions (hours, days). This, to expedite our work -- the forum is huge and complaints, reports, or other issues brought to mods' attention are often a daily offering. It is my personal preference to post my warnings openly. The goal is to inform not only the member who is getting a mod's note but everybody else that we do not have any use for a rule of secrecy.

2. If a long term suspension is considered, the mods will discuss it prior to the action and act upon reaching consensus. As for bans, they are exceedingly rare and, with perhaps two exceptions in the whole history of the forum, are reserved for spammers and impersonators of other people under real names not belonging to the poster.

3. The same day I posted a warning to Ralis, I sent two PMs in response to complaints and requests for moderation from members, telling them that we can't moderate dissent, disagreement, intent, thoughts and feelings.

4. Sean's position in the past year has been, consistently, to make a forum a much friendlier place for people who have valuable discussion to contribute yet don't care to be targets of incessant bickering, harshness, hostility, rudeness and disrespect. In the discussion at hand, after Sunya complained of precisely such behavior on the part of Ralis, he told her "stop the drama" and "don't participate if you're too thin-skinned and sensitive." My intervention at this point confirmed Sunya's and everyone else's RIGHT to be "thin-skinned and sensitive" and the absence of Ralis's or any non-moderator's and non-owner's right to decide who will and who won't participate in a discussion.

5. The suggestion of "ignore" list was the outcome of multiple prior exchanges between Ralis and Vaj that inundated the mod squad with reports, complaints, and finger-pointing involving both parties. Since the vendetta was unfolding on a number of occasions derailing a number of threads, the mods suggested this choice to both participants as a very benevolent solution to the problem. Vaj agreed (though by now he seems to have changed his mind), Ralis argued, the mods insisted, the current exchange in this thread between the two was a bad case of deja vu -- so I reminded Ralis that we've already "been there done that" and it may have resulted in a suspension (don't remember, I wasn't the one handling the prior vendetta), giving him a chance to avoid a repeat performance.

6. No more time for this right now, if I haven't been clear or reasonable with my explanation, let's resume in a separate thread. Thanks everyone for the input, I watch myself as carefully as I watch others, at the very least, and don't claim infallibility.

In point 5 you call it a suggestion that I was to ignore Vajraji. When I disobeyed the suggestion from Trunk, I was banned for a week. Honestly, that is more like a command that a simple suggestion.

ralis

Vaj,

I have been trying to resist commenting on this but I can't. The 'first' pyramid was the Step Pyramid of King Djoser (Zoser) built by Imhotep in 2nd Dynasty i.e. roughly 2700 BC (give or take a few decades). It was a development of the earlier mastaba tombs. Imhotep was later deified and identified with Aesclypius (sp?) by the Greeks i.e. a god of healing linked to Thoth/Ptah.

Akhenaton lived near the end of the 18th Dynasty i.e around 1300 BC. He and his family are portrayed as having odd shaped heads but what he is most remembered for is the introduction of a form of monotheism into Egypt and an attempt to eradicate the traditional religion which had been practiced since time immemorial. The reason moderns love him is because they are desperate to see similarities to Judeo/Christian thought in Egypt and are somewhat frustrated by its polytheism and also magical approach to spirituality. After Akhenatons death the traditional religion was restored (by Tutankhamun and those that followed after).

If he was an alien then it would I suppose provide some kind of explanation for why he acted as he did - but just being a monotheistic zealot is enough of an explanation for me.

So there are 1400 years separating the pyramids and the cult of the Aton.

Where did you get the giant thing from? Some gods are described as being very large but I don't recall anything about giants (as in very big men) in any texts that I have seen.

?

All interesting, thank you. I don't know if these elongated head people are aliens or merely different kinds of humanoid creatures? About the giants, they talk about it in the bible. All I know is that my experience was out of no where and didn't even make sense at first. But, shortly afterwords I met someone who started talking about all this stuff in the link below and he had all these different links online, even pictures of bones of giant femur's dug up out of Africa and supposedly even here in the USA and Europe over the last few hundred years or so? I don't know... I am a skeptic. But, my vision was very vivid and I didn't have any prior knowledge of these things before the vision as far as I can remember.

Here's a link. Giants, Nephilim, and the ancient Egyptians

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Elongated skulls are somehow indicative of aliens or advanced humans? Is that what true believers want to believe? What about genetic defects? There is plenty of evidence to support that.

ralis

Elongated skulls are somehow indicative of aliens or advanced humans? Is that what true believers want to believe? What about genetic defects? There is plenty of evidence to support that.

ralis

Yes there's been a lot written about possible genetic disease (possibly linked to in breeding) and Akhenaton - also I think (and I'll have to check this) that for a limited period they used to bind the heads of children in order to produce the elongation (the skull is quite flexible or has plates which are linked by flexible membranes).

He saw himself as uniquely the incarnation or possibly prophet of his god the Aton (which is basically the physical sun disk). It may be that his atypical physionomy is an artistic convention used to denote his different and thus holy nature. But this is all speculation.

All interesting, thank you. I don't know if these elongated head people are aliens or merely different kinds of humanoid creatures? About the giants, they talk about it in the bible. All I know is that my experience was out of no where and didn't even make sense at first. But, shortly afterwords I met someone who started talking about all this stuff in the link below and he had all these different links online, even pictures of bones of giant femur's dug up out of Africa and supposedly even here in the USA and Europe over the last few hundred years or so? I don't know... I am a skeptic. But, my vision was very vivid and I didn't have any prior knowledge of these things before the vision as far as I can remember.

Here's a link. Giants, Nephilim, and the ancient Egyptians

Thanks for the link ... it looks very biblical to me and explains why I have never seen it ... I avoid the stuff but I suppose I shouldn't. I have scanned it but will read it in detail when I have time. I know the Pyramid Texts and Book of the Dead very well but can think of no giant references in those 'books'.

I wasn't trying to pour cold water on your vision/experience its just that although I believe in the infinity of possibilities on all possible worlds and so on ... I like to pin everything down with verifiable data ... its a curse I suppose but I think that visions can be understood on any number of levels and ways ...

Yes there's been a lot written about possible genetic disease (possibly linked to in breeding) and Akhenaton - also I think (and I'll have to check this) that for a limited period they used to bind the heads of children in order to produce the elongation (the skull is quite flexible or has plates which are linked by flexible membranes).

He saw himself as uniquely the incarnation or possibly prophet of his god the Aton (which is basically the physical sun disk). It may be that his atypical physionomy is an artistic convention used to denote his different and thus holy nature. But this is all speculation.

Yes, I've thought of the first one, as there is a tradition in Africa for changing physical attributes through manipulation.

... I like to pin everything down with verifiable data ... its a curse I suppose but I think that visions can be understood on any number of levels and ways ...

I'm in total agreement. I've been cursed with a lifetime of strange occurrences, visions, dreams, verifiable psychic experiences, ghost visitations, etc., as well as an onslaught of both New Ager information about such things of which I am also skeptical about, as well as all sorts of texts of antiquity about such things all due to the fact that I'm my mothers son. Who knows... maybe I'm just totally bonkers!? But it's fun to think about such things and give some space for possible truth to the Alien believers?

Thanks for the link ... it looks very biblical to me and explains why I have never seen it ... I avoid the stuff but I suppose I shouldn't. I have scanned it but will read it in detail when I have time. I know the Pyramid Texts and Book of the Dead very well but can think of no giant references in those 'books'.

I wasn't trying to pour cold water on your vision/experience its just that although I believe in the infinity of possibilities on all possible worlds and so on ... I like to pin everything down with verifiable data ... its a curse I suppose but I think that visions can be understood on any number of levels and ways ...

Hi apepch7.

The Book of Enoch talks about this stuff form the Ancient Hebrew perspective:

http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/enoch.pdf

(from p. 33 on)

You said you like things verifiable, but you may nevertheless find these blog posts interesting. The author recalls some details of his training in a past life as an Egyptian general during the time of Akhenaten and thereafter.

http://www.michaeljaco.com/2010/05/sacred-warfare/

http://www.michaeljaco.com/2010/04/alchemy/

Edited by Creation