mewtwo

alien religions?

ralis,

Many people here, including I, come to discuss interesting ideas. When you post your bitter (and yes they are indeed bitter, hostile, and argumentative, not "matter of fact" as you claim), you suck other people into your bitterness and bring the quality of the thread down. You inspire negativity in others. Is that what you want? Are you a negative energy vampire or something?

Your behavior just does not seem healthy. Let's take this thread for example. You jump in right away with "Vajraji is always talking about the Buddha conversing with aliens." And then, when Vajra did not take your bait, you attacked him again with "You own Norbu? You write as if he is your property. Many such as yourself have projected neediness and seeing him as mommy and daddy" And then of course Vajra felt the need to respond and you got what you wanted.

You blatantly have a personal vendetta against Vajrahridaya. I would surmise that 70% of your total posts are directed towards him. It's fine to disagree but, wow man.. does that sound healthy to you? Sounds rather obsessive. I thought you were taking a break from posting anyway? Maybe that's exactly what you need, man. Just relax a bit.. have a beer, hug some trees, whatever it takes.

Edited by Sunya
  • Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hell's yeah!!! I'll probably have a beer later this evening. HA!

I prefer hugging trees :D well actually today I walked through a park and there's a path that runs along a lake and you're surrounded by trees the whole time :D It's a wonderful place and I feel really calm + grounded after being there.

ralis,

Many people here, including I, come to discuss interesting ideas. When you post your bitter (and yes they are indeed bitter, hostile, and argumentative, not "matter of fact" as you claim), you suck other people into your bitterness and bring the quality of the thread down. You inspire negativity in others. Is that what you want? Are you a negative energy vampire or something?

You blatantly have a personal vendetta against Vajrahridaya. I would surmise that 70% of your total posts are directed towards him. It's fine to disagree but, wow man.. does that sound healthy to you? Sounds rather obsessive. I thought you were taking a break from posting anyway? Maybe that's exactly what you need, man. Just relax a bit.. have a beer, hug some trees, whatever it takes.

Vajra is free to ignore his dissenters and detractors, but is clearly incapable of doing so (at least thus far). He spends lots of time and energy defending himself and telling others who they are, yet claims everyone else is just projecting onto him. He loves to project onto others by retorting with lots of 'you' statements, proving that he too, has buttons that are getting pushed and he seems incapable of leaving ralis on his ignore list, too.

If he's that interested in moving on from criticism, he should just move on, so what if ralis or I or anyone else criticizes his debate points? . I bet the critics would retreat if he quit responding to them. Otherwise, he's just feeding the cycle.

Hell's yeah!!! I'll probably have a beer later this evening. HA!

One of the precepts clearly states that Buddhists should 'refrain from taking intoxicants'. Isn't this a form of attachment? What's your rationalization for this?

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I prefer hugging trees :D well actually today I walked through a park and there's a path that runs along a lake and you're surrounded by trees the whole time :D It's a wonderful place and I feel really calm + grounded after being there.

It's good for your Mahamudra practice to not take intoxicants. :) It's probably even a vow? Through a pure mind and body during your grooming years your inner experience and energy of prajna/chi will build.

In a meditation I saw this man with an elongated skull while I was a huge giant helping build the first Pyramid. The man was communicating with me telepathically, giving me orders, but there was lots of love involved. I just remember really loving energy between us. This experience made me start to look into this stuff and apparently there were giants in Egypt and now you are telling me that the man with the elongated skull was a ruling elite in Egypt? He looked like some high class dude, he was giving me orders and I was 3 times his size, huge.

Yep, easy. An alien can easily take someone in by projecting either loving or sexual thoughts. Now go build me a castle! B!*$#

Lol. The wierd things make sense. Anyhow, no personal experience with 'aliens' here. I just wanted to joke a bit.

feeding the cycle.

Look in the mirror buddy. Oh... is that me saying you're projecting again? I guess it must be because it's true... again.

Now to answer an actual question that comes off as a judgment and projection for some odd reason?

One of the precepts clearly states that Buddhists should 'refrain from taking intoxicants'. Isn't this a form of attachment? What's your rationalization for this?

Vajrayana is different and more specific than Hinayana. Mahamudra practice though probably has that precept. Dzogchen does not. Dzogchen is not about attachment and aversion, it's about holistic acceptance. The only precept Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche gives is to maintain the view. Vajrayana as a whole is more flexible of a path and those with a build up of inner experience, prajna/chi/shakti can partake in the average human experience without getting "intoxicated" internally.

Yep, easy. An alien can easily take someone in by projecting either loving or sexual thoughts. Now go build me a castle! B!*$#

Lol. The wierd things make sense. Anyhow, no personal experience with 'aliens' here. I just wanted to joke a bit.

:lol: I had that thought as well actually. I thought... hmm... in retrospect... I wonder if this person is using loving energy as a way of eliciting my servitude? Well... my good karma and his bad karma if that's the case. :lol: But, I just hope it was because I was obviously built for the job of building, being a 30 foot or more giant and all. I will give the little commanding dude the benefit of the doubt that he was actually benevolent. Who knows?

ralis,

Your behavior just does not seem healthy. Let's take this thread for example. You jump in right away with "Vajraji is always talking about the Buddha conversing with aliens." And then, when Vajra did not take your bait, you attacked him again with "You own Norbu? You write as if he is your property. Many such as yourself have projected neediness and seeing him as mommy and daddy" And then of course Vajra felt the need to respond and you got what you wanted.

Exactly what qualifies you to determine if my behavior is healthy or not? Please state where I am bitter. How about a quote. As far as Norbu is concerned, what I stated was in regard to what Vajraji said. Further, I was around Norbu long before any of you and I have seen many try to own him and project parental needs onto him.

ralis

:lol: I had that thought as well actually. I thought... hmm... in retrospect... I wonder if this person is using loving energy as a way of eliciting my servitude? Well... my good karma and his bad karma if that's the case. :lol: But, I just hope it was because I was obviously built for the job of building, being a 30 foot or more giant and all. I will give the little commanding dude the benefit of the doubt that he was actually benevolent. Who knows?

30 ft.? Are you serious? I wonder since there is archeological exploration happening in Egypt, there are no bones from a humanoid that large?

ralis

..uh muh gawd...I think I am going to start to cry...

Please don't ban ralis...his scathing and exacting nature brings a certain sanity to my life. We, and the aliens, need him.

1 member vote no foul...

Edited by metal dog

30 ft.? Are you serious? I wonder since there is archeological exploration happening in Egypt, there are no bones from a humanoid that large?

ralis

There are findings of bones including a femur from really big people into the 12 or 13 foot range. I don't think there is any substantial proof behind the idea of a 30 foot person. I don't think I was 30 feet... I feel more like the vision showed that I was 12 feet tall or so. Genesis in the bible claims that there were people taller than this which is the reason why I exaggerated kind of jokingly, but who knows?

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Hi apepch7.

The Book of Enoch talks about this stuff form the Ancient Hebrew perspective:

http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/enoch.pdf

(from p. 33 on)

You said you like things verifiable, but you may nevertheless find these blog posts interesting. The author recalls some details of his training in a past life as an Egyptian general during the time of Akhenaten and thereafter.

http://www.michaelja...sacred-warfare/

http://www.michaelja...010/04/alchemy/

Thanks for the links I'll read up on them when I get a chance.

I'd be interested if anyone who recalls a past life in Egypt - or anywhere else for that matter - has been able to make a precise prediction about say, the location of a lost tomb which was found because of their knowledge.

As a matter of interest there was a woman Egyptologist who claimed knowledge of past lives who called herself Om Seti - she was well regarded by mainstream Egyptologists because she didn't mix her personal stuff and her science. So it is possible to hold both the infinite possibilities of mind/being and also be rigorously logical both at once. Thankfully!

I've spent a lot of time studying Egypt in a way which I use the texts and so on to confirm the spiritual experiences I have had and also what I understand from others. Its been a very rewarding experience indeed.

Look in the mirror buddy. Oh... is that me saying you're projecting again? I guess it must be because it's true... again.

Now to answer an actual question that comes off as a judgment and projection for some odd reason?

Vajrayana is different and more specific than Hinayana. Mahamudra practice though probably has that precept. Dzogchen does not. Dzogchen is not about attachment and aversion, it's about holistic acceptance. The only precept Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche gives is to maintain the view. Vajrayana as a whole is more flexible of a path and those with a build up of inner experience, prajna/chi/shakti can partake in the average human experience without getting "intoxicated" internally.

Ha ha. This is your rationalization of your drinking? Great. I remember something from eSangha where someone with the name 'Vajrahridaya' and his then GF had a fight online, of all places, and he begged off the next day that they were both way drunker than they had a right to be. Sounds like he might have been intoxicated internally? Rationalizations are just that...rationalizations. How come Dzogchen gets to go against the Buddha's teaching? You constantly hold the buddha's teaching in the highest regard, except for this? If you stop drinking for a couple of years and then can truly take it or leave it and partake rarely/occasionally, then that sounds like what you are talking about. But if not, it's just another rationalization that conveniently suits what your ego wants to do. When it comes to this topic maybe you should just...look...in...the...mirror... :blink:

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I've been doing a lot of soul searching in the last two weeks. Aliens are real. Not real in a metaphysical sense, real in a physical sense.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/351555/august-23-2010/leslie-kean?xrs=share_copy

I read that book and it is utterly convincing. Photos, radar, thousands of witnesses, including top brass military and lots of fighter pilots.

I had just come to the conclusion that all the contact, abduction and telepathy stuff was hogwash, except perhaps some abductions for a two decade period following WWII, when I come across this thread. Certainly Steven Greer et al are cashing in.

This isn't real like Buddhism and Christianity are real. This is real like the car sitting in my driveway is real.

There are findings of bones including a femur from really big people into the 12 or 13 foot range. I don't think there is any substantial proof behind the idea of a 30 foot person. I don't think I was 30 feet... I feel more like the vision showed that I was 12 feet tall or so. Genesis in the bible claims that there were people taller than this which is the reason why I exaggerated kind of jokingly, but who knows?

Would you provide a link to that? Honestly, I have never heard of a human femur that size.

ralis

How come Dzogchen gets to go against the Buddha's teaching?

It was my wife who was drunker than she should have been. Your memory does not serve you correctly. But yes... Dzogchen transcends the Buddhas basic teachings and precepts from the Hinayana. You don't need to agree because you are not Buddhist. I've also never claimed to be the perfect example of Buddhahood and have done plenty of intoxicants that really intoxicated me at times, but I try to learn from these experiences as well. Of Buddhism and the different yanas and what my precepts are, I am well aware. The differences between Hinyana, Mahayana, Vajrayana and Dzogchen can be understood if one cares to try.

If you stop drinking for a couple of years and then can truly take it or leave it and partake rarely/occasionally, then that sounds like what you are talking about.

Done it, many, many times. I've gone plenty of years at a time without a single drop, both in the 90's and over the last 10 years.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching in the last two weeks. Aliens are real. Not real in a metaphysical sense, real in a physical sense.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/351555/august-23-2010/leslie-kean?xrs=share_copy

I read that book and it is utterly convincing. Photos, radar, thousands of witnesses, including top brass military and lots of fighter pilots.

I had just come to the conclusion that all the contact, abduction and telepathy stuff was hogwash, except perhaps some abductions for a two decade period following WWII, when I come across this thread. Certainly Steven Greer et al are cashing in.

This isn't real like Buddhism and Christianity are real. This is real like the car sitting in my driveway is real.

I have no doubt as to the reality of aliens. However, I think humans are too primitive to be of interest. For an advanced species of extremely high intelligence to travel many light years to visit with primitive humans, doesn't make sense. One would think these beings have better things to do. However, if we are lab rats.........

ralis

About the giant-building-the-pyramid vision...like dreams, it is most likely just symbolic of energies at the time and not a remembrance of a real/physical past life. I'm sure everyone has considered this already.

I have no doubt as to the reality of aliens. However, I think humans are too primitive to be of interest. For an advanced species of extremely high intelligence to travel many light years to visit with primitive humans, doesn't make sense. One would think these beings have better things to do. However, if we are lab rats.........

ralis

An Aliens perspective on us might be entirely different from that of a bitter Earth dweller.

• Like 1

About the giant-building-the-pyramid vision...like dreams, it is most likely just symbolic of energies at the time and not a remembrance of a real/physical past life. I'm sure everyone has considered this already.

I've considered this, but as all my past life visions, it is coupled with a very real intuitive knowing. Everyone is welcome to there interpretation of my vision though.

I feel that it was my past life as clearly as yesterday was my past day and I can tell you some details about it due to memory.